Burke Ramsey Files 750 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Judith Phillips.....I think we need to take what she says with a pinch of sodium chloride.
She looks to me to be a woman scorned and has said some rather nasty things about Patsy, but in a veiled way.

I think I am right in saying that Judith went under the bus with the others after she sold personal photos of Patsy (ones she had taken) to the National Enquirer. She did this after Patsy had cut her off from her circle of friends.

The photographs included the one where Patsy is recovering from cancer and has short hair. She has a gold cross in her mouth. Judith stated Patsy wanted that photo taken because she had been Saved By The Cross (Victory!). Saved from cancer.

Do you think that Burke was mentally sane? Not if you look at old videos. He looked cool and calm. Just repeating everything like a song. I don't think he was clever enough for this, no the patsygate here

Sure. You can be mentally sane and still have personality disorders.

My son is an adult now and he is a narcissistic psychopath with borderline personality disorders and bipolar 2. I raised that child from the moment he was born and he was literally born this way. Nothing from his childhood accounts for these issues. Dude is more sane than most people I know. He really started showing overt signs between 8-9, but I saw things before that.

We all spent time in personal therapy, family therapy, marriage therapy, etc. My son was placed in a few treatment programs specific to these disorders. He stayed at one for 3 months. The rest were either weekly appointments in someone's office or someone came to the house to do it at home.

The therapy was intense and our lives felt like they were out of control even though they were probably the best almost anyone could have. My husband and I grew so much closer together during all of this.

My relationship with my son was incredibly close too. By the time he was about 17 most of his overt symptoms were gone and he was able to control himself better outside the home. Now he seems almost like a "normal" person but he's not. He never will be. And that's ok.

My point is, at no point during any of this was he ever "insane," at least not for long. There were a few times when he would be in psychosis that would require emergency hospitalization so he was not a danger to himself or anyone else but a nice shot of haldol and a couple of days in hospital and he was fine.

The age of psychiatric consent in our state is 15 so once he was old enough to refuse psych meds he did. The work he did from 15-18 was with no drugs. Very intense mindfulness training and what's called MST, multi-systemic therapy. At 18 he moved out of the home.

Those years were literally the worst. Like, I can now get through any hard times in life because all I have to do is remind myself that there was a time a few years ago that I had to become 100% ok with my death at any point in time. My only request then was that I not see it coming. Imagine being in your 30s and grappling with your mortality because of the danger someone is to you, not because of disease or an accident. Now imagine the person that's a danger to you is your only child. Good times.

Anyway, my point is, you can have personality disorders and still be sane. You don't have to be in a rage or psychosis or in the throes of some dissociative state. You can be a normal, happy, well-adjusted, loved, cherished human being and still have no capacity for love or a sense of right and wrong or to feel empathy.

From the outside looking in my son seemed completely normal. People, even my own family, used to call me a liar for making up his death threats, unexplained deaths of family pets, etc. Nobody had a clue except the people I trusted the most, in whom I confided. We had 3 complete sets of all medical records. My best friend kept a set at her place. My mom kept a set. We kept a set locked up in our bedroom. I kept a digital set in my desk at work and locked in my safe at home. This was so the authorities could be provided these records should my husband and I ever go missing or were murdered.

I could tell you stories that would keep you up at night. But really, all I'm trying to point out is that sanity vs insanity is a legal construct that has nothing to do with real life. The issues I see in BR that I saw in my own son were never about sanity. They were always about the terror and horror that existed behind closed doors.

Oh one more thing, personality disorders are not diagnosed in children because it is possible with the correct types of mental and behavior therapies that the brain can be rewired to make connections that failed to connect while the brain was too young. You can be anywhere from 25-27 before your brain stops growing so if you engage in DBT, (dialectical behavior therapy,) in time for for a long enough time, it is possible that you will never again act on violent thoughts or tendencies. I have no idea what BR's life was like behind those closed doors but it is possible that he hurt his sister on many occasions that we will never know about. And if he was in DBT and/or DBT for long enough periods, he could appear to be almost "normal" today.

(The main difference between the Ramsey's life and ours is that I refused to have any more children for fear of what my son might do to them and my fear that I might create another child whose brain synapses regularly misfired.)

Sorry this post is so long but if you have specific questions about anything I've written here, ask me. I will do my best to answer according to my personal experiences and knowledge about personality disorders that I've garnered over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Those years were literally the worst. Like, I can now get through any hard times in life because all I have to do is remind myself that there was a time a few years ago that I had to become 100% ok with my death at any point in time. My only request then was that I not see it coming. Imagine being in your 30s and grappling with your mortality because of the danger someone is to you, not because of disease or an accident. Now imagine the person that's a danger to you is your only child. Good times.

This is fascinating and horrifying. I'm so sorry you had to go through that and thank you so much for sharing your story and perspective. My question is that with proper therapies and interventions, was your son able to change or control himself enough to live the seemingly normal life Burke has led? I've never read a friend with a horror story about Burke, or an ex girlfriend spilling the beans about his crazy behavior.

Also, what similarities do you see between Burke and your son? Going by your son's diagnoses, what do you think Burke might be diagnosed with? If you prefer not to make guesses I completely understand.

This is fascinating and horrifying. I'm so sorry you had to go through that and thank you so much for sharing your story and perspective. My question is that with proper therapies and interventions, was your son able to change or control himself enough to live the seemingly normal life Burke has led? I've never read a friend with a horror story about Burke, or an ex girlfriend spilling the beans about his crazy behavior.

Also, what similarities do you see between Burke and your son? Going by your son's diagnoses, what do you think Burke might be diagnosed with? If you prefer not to make guesses I completely understand.

Re: my son and therapies. He has gone into a profession that allows him to act on his more violent and disturbing tendencies. He is currently out of the country for about another year and this is the best sleep I've gotten in the last 20 years.

Before he turned 18 he was learning to respond appropriately to hearing, "I love you," or how to respond if Grandma or someone tried to hug him. The goal became more about how he should act and respond in public rather than deep rooted behavior modification. Because he started refusing psych meds and many other treatments at age 15, we were unable to go any farther with his treatment.

Unfortunately, that's also when law enforcement got very involved in our lives because unless he was admitted against his will to a psych ward for the 72 hours watch, we had no other alternative. Once LE was involved he ended up with several court dates and various charges he had to face. That meant he was not afforded the same ability to wander and wreak havoc as he was before LE was involved.

He moved out pretty much the moment he turned 18. We paid his rent because we wanted him on his own but in a safe environment and not on the street. It's amazing how much your values shift once you have been terrorized by your own child for years.

As far as how he reminds me of BR, they have very similar eyes and facial expressions and body language. I would not be surprised to learn that BR has anti-social personality disorder and borderline personality disorder. I think BR probably doesn't experience empathy. I also think his parents were well aware of his issues and did what they could to cover for him and hide it so as not to ruin any of their lives and livelihood.

I think JR wasn't around enough to see BR'a day to day problems. My husband didn't see my son's problems until he was hospitalized and forced to engage in DBT and MST. I remember the first time my husband saw my son's behavior when the doctors were in the room and how quickly his demeanor changed when the doctors left the room. It was something I saw every day but not my husband.

I also think PR knew exactly what was going on but couldn't face and accept that this was who her child was. It's a really hard thing to accept, especially when your child hasn't been abused or broken. It's hard to understand how it happens when you have been a good parent.

I think there are reasons the dog didn't live with them full time. I think there are reasons JB had an average of 10 doctor appointments a year while we never heard anything about BR's doc appts. I think BR hitting JB with the golf club was significant and I doubt it's the first or last time he hurt her.

All of this is only my opinion and based on my experiences with my own child.

I think there are reasons the dog didn't live with them full time. I think there are reasons JB had an average of 10 doctor appointments a year while we never heard anything about BR's doc appts. I think BR hitting JB with the golf club was significant and I doubt it's the first or last time he hurt her.

Yes!! And this is why I believe it's important to listen to those who have been there, so to speak. My stepdad has a personality disorder but not to the degree you have described your son.

As far as how he reminds me of BR, they have very similar eyes and facial expressions and body language. I would not be surprised to learn that BR has anti-social personality disorder and borderline personality disorder. I think BR probably doesn't experience empathy.

That's obvious with his appearance on Dr. Phil and his remarks about JB. I now wonder if that was one of the the goals of having him on there, for us to see how he is. (Even though Dr. Phil insisted he was normal.)

Thank you so much for sharing. I know it isn't easy. :crying:

I am a firm believer in a few things:

1. Secrets kill.
2. Every family has secrets.
3. I refuse to keep family secrets.

1. People commit suicide and murder people because of secrets. Mom caught Dad cheating so Son kills Dad for revenge. Grandpa sexually abuses the kids so Kid commits suicide rather than facing it. (General examples.)

2. Every family is hiding something. Could be Dad beats Mom. Maybe Uncle touches the kids. Could be as benign as Mom's an alcoholic and doesn't hurt anyone but herself. Whatever. But every family has something.

3. I protect my child's identity by not sharing his name or other identifiable information. I do not, however, protect anyone from knowing what he is capable of. This is not to embarrass or demean him but rather to let people know that it's ok to have really messy things go on behind closed doors and we could all use more love and understanding for what we go through. People probably don't look at my family and think there's something weird about us but I will never lie about it and I will never cover it up. I think lying about it and covering it up is exactly why we might never have irrefutable proof of who JB's killer was/is.

Secrets kill. If not a person, definitely spirits. Hanging on to secrets is not good for anybody.

I recently caught a program on a retired detective who investigated the case. Went in through the window left open in the basement, questioned the snow around the house theory as there was none on the paths and also questioned the partial DNA.

The partial DNA said Hispanic Male. Are there any of the neighbours which match this profile?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: my son and therapies. He has gone into a profession that allows him to act on his more violent and disturbing tendencies. He is currently out of the country for about another year and this is the best sleep I've gotten in the last 20 years.

Before he turned 18 he was learning to respond appropriately to hearing, "I love you," or how to respond if Grandma or someone tried to hug him. The goal became more about how he should act and respond in public rather than deep rooted behavior modification. Because he started refusing psych meds and many other treatments at age 15, we were unable to go any farther with his treatment.

Unfortunately, that's also when law enforcement got very involved in our lives because unless he was admitted against his will to a psych ward for the 72 hours watch, we had no other alternative. Once LE was involved he ended up with several court dates and various charges he had to face. That meant he was not afforded the same ability to wander and wreak havoc as he was before LE was involved.

He moved out pretty much the moment he turned 18. We paid his rent because we wanted him on his own but in a safe environment and not on the street. It's amazing how much your values shift once you have been terrorized by your own child for years.

As far as how he reminds me of BR, they have very similar eyes and facial expressions and body language. I would not be surprised to learn that BR has anti-social personality disorder and borderline personality disorder. I think BR probably doesn't experience empathy. I also think his parents were well aware of his issues and did what they could to cover for him and hide it so as not to ruin any of their lives and livelihood.

I think JR wasn't around enough to see BR'a day to day problems. My husband didn't see my son's problems until he was hospitalized and forced to engage in DBT and MST. I remember the first time my husband saw my son's behavior when the doctors were in the room and how quickly his demeanor changed when the doctors left the room. It was something I saw every day but not my husband.

I also think PR knew exactly what was going on but couldn't face and accept that this was who her child was. It's a really hard thing to accept, especially when your child hasn't been abused or broken. It's hard to understand how it happens when you have been a good parent.

BBM

SerenitySprings - Blessings, my friend. I'm so sorry for all you've been through.

I would agree that BR probably has antisocial personality disorder and maybe borderline. I see him as Cluster B. I mentioned this in a post recently and pretty much got shot down, but I'll stick to my opinion. I also have years of personal experience with someone who has antisocial (but was not my child). I've also speculated that he might have been a callous-unemotional as a child. From what I've read, it seems to fit fairly well.

I just so agree with you. About the dog. About the numerous trips JB took to the doc. About the golf club incident. ITA!

I recently caught a program on a retired detective who investigated the case. Went in through the window left open in the basement, questioned the snow around the house theory as there was none on the paths and also questioned the partial DNA.

The partial DNA said Hispanic Male. Are there any of the neighbours which match this profile?

There were only four people in the house that night, and JonBenet was murdered. That leaves three. One of those three people murdered JonBenet. There was no intruder.

All of the old DNA is moot. Dead in the water. Poof! New testing is being conducted.
DNA in doubt: New analysis challenges DA's exoneration of Ramseys

Some secrets bind people together.

JBR was going to the doctor for sinusitis, ear infections, yeast infections. She wasn't going because she was physically injured by her brother to such an extent that medical care was required. I can't agree with that theory.

BR went to a new school when he was 10 and did well, he graduated HS and at 18 or 19 had just finished his first semester in college. He lost his mother and still graduated with a degree in computer science or computer engineering on time. He is smart, his father is smart, his grandfather was smart. He is just a geek. Always was. So was his dad. JR was a huge nerd.

I think if BR had a personality disorder that required intensive therapy or he needed involuntary time outs, he could never have accomplished these things. If he were dangerous, others would have picked up on it and not wanted 'that kid' to be around their kids. Teachers would have noticed. There would have been incidents and people would have talked.

The only person to say anything was the shunned photographer who sold photos of the Ramseys from their private photo shoots.

PR didn't want a dog. PR didn't like dogs. No one paid any attention to the needs of the dog. It messed in the house because it was neglected and was then relegated to an area under the stairs near the kitchen. If BR killed it, do you think for a second PR would run out to replace it and maybe have a repeat of any of that? No. No. Just no.

BBM

SerenitySprings - Blessings, my friend. I'm so sorry for all you've been through.

I would agree that BR probably has antisocial personality disorder and maybe borderline. I see him as Cluster B. I mentioned this in a post recently and pretty much got shot down, but I'll stick to my opinion. I also have years of personal experience with someone who has antisocial (but was not my child). I've also speculated that he might have been a callous-unemotional as a child. From what I've read, it seems to fit fairly well.

I just so agree with you. About the dog. About the numerous trips JB took to the doc. About the golf club incident. ITA!

Darn, I missed that post. I agree with Cluster B. I also think PR was Histrionic, Narcissistic. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

There were only four people in the house that night, and JonBenet was murdered. That leaves three. One of those three people murdered JonBenet. There was no intruder.

All of the old DNA is moot. Dead in the water. Poof! New testing is being conducted.
DNA in doubt: New analysis challenges DA's exoneration of Ramseys

No this is my point. The new testing is partial DNA not DNA as it used to be there. They said the partial came from the pjs outside on both sides and inside however if this is the case, and if it is Hispanic, then it is not the son father or mother. The Window in the basement was open, the photos of the day prove the snow was not around the house as police said it was.

Plus there was food eaten in the kitchen some say, if true then you have a very cold calculating person not a kid. They were to fly out the next morning, tickets were bought, any intruder could not have known this because it was a snap decision.

The ligature was made in the basement and the nail marks in the neck could only have come from the girl, thus she was not knocked unconscious as some believed. The police dismissed the basement because they said the opening was too small, but an ex detective called Smit got in there. The grate was unlocked.

The police tried to disprove the grate then by saying the leaves proved it had not been moved. Remember this is the same police who said the snow was right round the house.

No this is my point. The new testing is partial DNA not DNA as it used to be there. They said the partial came from the pjs outside on both sides and inside however if this is the case, and if it is Hispanic, then it is not the son father or mother. The Window in the basement was open, the photos of the day prove the snow was not around the house as police said it was.

Plus there was food eaten in the kitchen some say, if true then you have a very cold calculating person not a kid. They were to fly out the next morning, tickets were bought, any intruder could not have known this because it was a snap decision.

The ligature was made in the basement and the nail marks in the neck could only have come from the girl, thus she was not knocked unconscious as some believed. The police dismissed the basement because they said the opening was too small, but an ex detective called Smit got in there. The grate was unlocked.

The police tried to disprove the grate then by saying the leaves proved it had not been moved. Remember this is the same police who said the snow was right round the house.

The photos were taken later in the day.

They did not have tickets to fly. It was a private plane. This planned trip proves nothing.

The food/pineapple that was eaten does not prove an intruder.

There were no "nail marks" on JB's neck. It was petechiae, as the autopsy report stated.

Smit invented the intruder theory to defend the Ramseys. Period. He developed his fairy tale after he had been on this case only a matter of days and after he spent time praying with the Ramsey's. He was all in for team Ramsey. He was biased.

The intruder theory is not supported on this forum.
Open for Discussion/ The 3 People in the House when JonBenet Died

The photos were taken later in the day.

They did not have tickets to fly. It was a private plane. This planned trip proves nothing.

The food/pineapple that was eaten does not prove an intruder.

There were no "nail marks" on JB's neck. It was petechiae, as the autopsy report stated.

Smit invented the intruder theory to defend the Ramseys. Period. He developed his fairy tale after he had been on this case only a matter of days and after he spent time praying with the Ramsey's. He was all in for team Ramsey. He was biased.

The intruder theory is not supported on this forum.
Open for Discussion/ The 3 People in the House when JonBenet Died

To prove the people you say did it you must prove no one else could. I agree the most like killer lays in the house, however to suggest no one else could have done it is mere folly.

To prove the people you say did it you must prove no one else could. I agree the most like killer lays in the house, however to suggest no one else could have done it is mere folly.

Read and learn. The more you know, the more you will understand that the intruder theory is the only folly in the JonBenet Ramsey case.

Recommended reading: Foreign Faction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members