GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, I've got Tara's case on my mind today. For whatever reason, I'm stuck on something she alluded to in her last e-mail to MH's mother. I don't recall the exact wording, but it was to the effect of remind MH what I said, if he chooses to leave things as they are, something could happen to me and possibly even MH. What the heck is she talking about?? I can't shake the feeling that she knew something was imminent, and this email was sent just days before her disappearance. Dr. G, I know I've put you on the spot with questions in the past. I feel like this might be one that you can't really respond to as the answer might compromise the ongoing investigation...unless you feel there is nothing to it. Based on Tara's wording, this is obviously something she discussed with MH prior to her disappearance. It's just "strange" to me that she would use that particular wording if it wasn't something she was very concerned about. Does anyone else keep getting stuck on that, or is it just me? I was so happy when Payne addressed it in one of his podcasts, but he wasn't able to really get anywhere as far as an explanation either. IIRC, he even questioned what Tara was talking about. What was it that Tara feared could happen to her...or even MH. Because Tara didn't feel the need to elaborate as to what that comment meant, I can only assume that mom either knew or would get that info from her son. Now all of this is purely and strictly only my personal opinion, nothing more...but MH and his mom wouldn't allow searchers to search her property. She had LE run them off, and they did. They've shrouded themselves in mystery and (again, MOO) deceit by being uncooperative and, from all appearances, unconcerned. "Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing." They've been anything but forthcoming. MH is the ONLY person I've ever heard mention the word "suicide" and Tara in the same sentence, paragraph, etc. No one else has ever bought into that.Based on the timing of that comment, it could be viewed as a potential excuse for her disappearance, a way of planting "why" she disappeared in the minds of others. But I digress...what I really wish I knew was what those sentences about something happening to her meant. What or who was she afraid of?

Thanks for the questions. I will read over the post. Just a reminder that there may be lot on here who have never listened to the podcast

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm listening to the most recent podcast now. One of the first things mentioned is not to read too much into emails aka statement analysis. :laughing:

I'm listening to the most recent podcast now. One of the first things mentioned is not to read too much into emails aka statement analysis. :laughing:
I agree with you

I find it strange that everyone in town knows who did it...but because of the corruption and power that certain people have. JP was one of the liaisons that Tara was involved with. The Monday morning after she disappeared , he had her car detailed. He poured a concrete slab fairly soon after she disappeared. Also his wife MP who was a nurse received a letter about a week after Tara disappeared saying that her husband killed her. MP had latex gloves that she had access to. If JP needed one, they were at the house. Fawkes was on the money with all he said.

Would explain why that foolproof "light in the window" system was a complete bust that weekend. Hadn't heard about the letter before. Almost 11+ years following this case and I still learn something new all the time. How long after Tara's disappearance did JP and MP move? And did LE ever obtain a SW to look into the concrete slab that was poured? Just curious...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

007mom, regarding the email, what if MH threatened to expose the affair between Tara and HD? Tara tells HD of MH threat to expose them and HD, in a rage, tells Tara he might just kill them both. That would fit the email comment ~ "remind MH of what I said, if he chooses to leave things as they are, something could happen to me and possibly even MH". My opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fawkes - Have you sent in your anonymous tip yet? You don't have to post anything on here of course, but will you at least tell us if you've gone forward with it?

Colkurts (I think that's right?) - Do you have anything to send in as well?

I just want to at least know you've talked to Payne or Dr. G, or even the FBI.

All it takes is one brave person to come forward, because most likely, unless they were in direct contact with the suspect/killer, there will be at least one OTHER person that knows what they know. So then THAT person gets the courage to come forward as well, especially when he or she is asked to verify the information from the first tipper. And then it's a ripple effect. Or how about this, how did anyone find out about the letter sent to MP? Did this person see it? Did MP tell someone? Did she burn it? No answers there, either. Awesome.

I can understand being afraid because in order to send a detailed tip, it might include information that can only point to one person, or two people, who would possibly know that information. But after 11 years, anything is possible! Secrets spread, and people leave town, people move on. Maybe there is something you can do to protect yourself, not as extreme as witness protection, but have someone from the FBI stake out at your house. Buy a gun if you don't have one, it's small-town GA after all. I thought the South was tougher than this?

I don't know, I'm just getting tired of some of the townspeople knowing and not doing anything. It's pissing me off, actually. Is this the Dark Ages? This only tells me that even her sister, her family members have probably heard rumors that lean toward the truth, and even they're afraid to come forward. I'm tired of hearing how devastated everyone was when she disappeared, are we adults? Adults come forward with information, not cry in the corner and move on and pretend to know nothing. Their devastation is not enough, in my eyes.

If I was Tara, I would be devastated if the parents of all of the kids I took care of in school, the pageant girls' families, my friends, family, acquaintances, everyone...was too afraid to find justice for me. I'm not trying to be naïve, but good grief, it's been long enough. Someone needs to grow a pair of balls and talk, and dig into ways to protect themselves.

Leave Ocilla, leave Georgia -- what is the big bad Ocilla police department going to do to you then? Or whoever it is they're afraid of. The small-town mentality drives me crazy sometimes, there's a huge world out there that wants you to say something. You've had plenty of time to figure out how.

Sorry for the rant - I just can't deal with the taunting on web boards if people do in fact have information. You don't have to post it here, but do it somewhere, for the love of God!

007mom, regarding the email, what if MH threatened to expose the affair between Tara and HD? Tara tells HD of MH threat to expose them and HD, in a rage, tells Tara he might just kill them both. That would fit the email comment ~ "remind MH of what I said, if he chooses to leave things as they are, something could happen to me and possibly even MH". My opinion.

Good point! Wonder if the two knew each other. They definitely knew about each other thanks to SF.

007mom, regarding the email, what if MH threatened to expose the affair between Tara and HD? Tara tells HD of MH threat to expose them and HD, in a rage, tells Tara he might just kill them both. That would fit the email comment ~ "remind MH of what I said, if he chooses to leave things as they are, something could happen to me and possibly even MH".

If if this were true, think how MH would feel when Tara ended up harmed---you would feel somewhat responsible. And how could you ever escape from that--maybe leave the country, for starters?

007mom, regarding the email, what if MH threatened to expose the affair between Tara and HD? Tara tells HD of MH threat to expose them and HD, in a rage, tells Tara he might just kill them both. That would fit the email comment ~ "remind MH of what I said, if he chooses to leave things as they are, something could happen to me and possibly even MH".

If if this were true, think how MH would feel when Tara ended up harmed---you would feel somewhat responsible. And how could you ever escape from that--maybe leave the country, for starters?

You may be onto something. That's what I like so much about Websleuths. You all give me so many new things to consider.

Actually when mh found out about the Vickers incident and learned that HD was there he thought she had moved on and would leave him along

Actually when mh found out about the Vickers incident and learned that HD was there he thought she had moved on and would leave him along

That's awesome - always pointing us in the right direction. Thank you!

But if Tara was making threats about MH and his 18 year old girl friend, I don't think it's a stretch to say MH may have made some too in retaliation. My opinion.

But if Tara was making threats about MH and his 18 year old girl friend, I don't think it's a stretch to say MH may have made some too in retaliation. My opinion.

Yes but the poster's comment above was about HD not the 18 year old girlfriend

I probably missed this, but, was the glove inside out when found? Also do we know if the DNA was taken from the inside or the outside of the glove?

Not inside out, don't know what area DNA or partial fingerprint came from

https://solvetaragrinsteadcase.wordpress.com/2016/12/20/location-of-glove-at-taras-house/

Definitely curious about where the DNA/print was on the glove and the glove size.. very hard to get a glove off without turning inside out if a glove fits.. unless perhaps it was the powdered variety. But even then - the slightest bit of sweat makes that difficult.

Could be a plant. Is there a way to find out where they got the DNA from, inside or out? If the DNA was on the outside and never identified, it could of been from someone when glove was manufactured.
The glove was forensically linked to Tara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members