Canada - Six dead in shootings at Mosque in Quebec City, 29 Jan 2017

Similarly dismissed were the anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant posts by Alexandre Bissonnette, the sole person accused of the Quebec shooting, who was written off simply as an "online troll". This persistent lack of serious attention given to anti-Muslim violence in Quebec was similarly felt with the poor media coverage in the hours after the Quebec shooting.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/op...mosque-shooting-happened-170201075600344.html

Beyond Quebec, hate crimes towards Muslims have generally seen an upward trend in Canada. As the total number of hate crimes around the country dropped, those targeting Muslims increased significantly.

Seems that the online hate that he was speaking should have been looked into, not sure what could be done but his disdain was visible to lots according to what has been released.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_Canada

He was also a cadet as a child.

Photo at link.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-mosque-attack-alexandre-bissonnette-1.3958559

I am surprised at his age (27) and still in college, but it could have to do with him not being able to deal with real life, being a student (child) suited him more. jmo idk

I have to remind myself over and over that AB is 27 and not 17, because that is what he appears to be IMHO. Like he delayed growing up for 10 years.

I'll pull out my analysis, based on nothing but my own thoughts.

In cases like this - dweeby guys turning killers - I think it's guys who have potential, but never quite "make it" in the world. They get stuck in the socially and physically unappealing stage and get very frustrated. They are smart and see they aren't making it, but they don't know how to navigate life on their own.

So, instead of perservering and building a life for themselves, they essentially commit suicide on their potential by committing a crime so heinous that they will either be killed by cops or get a life sentence.

Armchair analysis only. jmo

Though I am no expert, I think it is a good analysis. I also like your point about the crime really being a form of suicide as a means to escape (ironically, they cant even "make it" as a suicider and need help by the police or a life sentence).

"B" seems similar to his dweeby guy who murdered three people in their home. He had a few failed marriages, was chronically unemployed / unemployable, in debt and a college student at age 40 (+).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Chapel_Hill_shooting

As a last ditch effort to succeed, recreates his identity as as "bad a$$" gun gun guy who boasts about his weapons and openly carries a pistol. His new identity does not lead to "success"- concealed carry permits are easy to get in North Carolina, anybody can buy whatever guns they want, and anybody can openly carry one.

He also becomes a militant atheist, pro gay marriage internet troll with a deep dislike of religous people- moslems in particular. Frustration continues. He wants out. His suicide is to murder three neighbors. Like 'B' he cant even succeed as a suicide by cop. He quietly surrenders to police.

You know why. It's just not acceptable to say why.

This irritates me in every single one of these situations. What also bothers me is when it's a person of an "other" race or creed, some will never let go of the idea that he just had to have ties to ISIS or other organizations even if all evidence says otherwise, but if he's of this particular gunman's background, it's easy to accept he was a lone wolf. It's very indicative of the ingrained worldviews most people hold.

:yourock::yourock::yourock::goodpost:

Warning, offensive comments by alleged perp..
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2017/01/31/22701020.html

Who knows just how ugly this threatened attack on Toronto and it’s people could have turned out?

But just five hours before the heinous Quebec Mosque slaughter, a racially-charged and profane social media threat was promising “bloodshed” Monday at a legendary Toronto landmark and toward the people in it.
“We are going to make every front page in the world,” promised an online poster. “The only thing that will get people’s attention is the lives of innocents.”

Who knows just how ugly this threatened attack on Toronto and it’s people could have turned out?

But just five hours before the heinous Quebec Mosque slaughter, a racially-charged and profane social media threat was promising “bloodshed” Monday at a legendary Toronto landmark and toward the people in it.
“We are going to make every front page in the world,” promised an online poster. “The only thing that will get people’s attention is the lives of innocents.”
Thanks for sharing this, dotr.

Keyword: "innocents"

So very sad.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/mosque-attack-member-met-alleged-shooter-1.3962086
[h=1]Alleged shooter in Quebec City attack was at mosque Thursday, member says[/h]
El Manoug said the visitor had started talking about how much he loved kebabs.

"I told him we were talking about religion, not food."
El Manoug said the man asked for money to take the bus to Montreal.
"There's no bus that goes to Montreal at this time in the evening," El Manoug said. "So I invited him to continue the discussion outside the mosque."
He said the man told him it was too cold to talk outside, but they left the mosque together, continuing their discussion outside.
El Manoug said the conversation lasted no more than five minutes before the man walked away.

That will show premeditation, I'd think.

.Don't know why I do not believe this! 25 people were shot in your mosque three days ago and now................

"So I invited him to continue the discussion outside the mosque."
He said the man told him it was too cold to talk outside, but they left the mosque together, continuing their discussion outside

just mo

And its been so weird--they keep using the word "several " were injured I call 25 people shot more than several, no?

HIt has felt like they are minimizing it - he shot 50% of the people in there the other night........................................

"He didn't say anything. media saying he shouted the god stuff

"He didn't shout, he didn't speak. He shot and then he left."

an eyewitness said this

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/10-minutes-of-terror-what-happened-in-the-quebec-city-mosque-sunday-night-1.3962281

His online life was full of hate, but in real life he was calm and his chess game was on point," said Antoine Cabanac, a former classmate.

Bissonnette's Facebook page said he had studied political science and anthropology at Laval University. There were photos of him at a party, with family, in a Halloween costume and posing in front of a chessboard. He had liked pages for heavy metal bands, video games and public figures ranging from far-right French politician Marine Le Pen and U.S. President Donald Trump to chess grandmaster Anatoly Karpov and Pope John Paul II.

http://www.kgw.com/news/canadian-college-student-charged-in-quebec-mosque-shooting/394945943

Incidents of Islamophobia have increased in the province of Quebec in recent years, according to Reuters.

Sunday's attack came hours after Trudeau openly rejected Trump's restriction on travel from seven majority Muslim nations.[/QUOTE]

Imo this is huge.

He likes Trump and the leader of his country said he is not gonna participate in the stuff proposed here , and he decided if his leader won't he will

Took him over the top

explains the timing

IMO if he ever talks the ban is going to be a huge part of his taking "action"

moo

.Don't know why I do not believe this! 25 people were shot in your mosque three days ago and now................

"So I invited him to continue the discussion outside the mosque."
He said the man told him it was too cold to talk outside, but they left the mosque together, continuing their discussion outside

just mo

And its been so weird--they keep using the word "several " were injured I call 25 people shot more than several, no?

It has felt like they are minimizing it - he shot 50% of the people in there the other night........................................

This conversation does ring true to me. The man in the mosque was being thoughtful to someone he thought was interested in the faith. When he discovered that wasn't the case, he politely directed the visitor outside. In other words, he ushered the visitor out, but in a nice way. Having been around churches enough in my life, this scenario rings true as what a church leader would do when confronted with a wise guy, which is how the killer was acting. He was preventing an escalation, imo.

It reminds me a bit of the church shooting down South too. That killer entered the church and sat in a Bible study, and the church people welcomed him.

What is it about the conversation that doesn't seem true to you?

jmo

Hate crimes jumped by almost 40 per cent between 2013 and 2014, according to the most recent Quebec

The election of Donald Trump, Brexit, the electoral surge of anti-immigrant parties across Europe — it's a confluence of events that has many speaking of a global far-right moment, a growing neo-nationalist movement.

Their concern is less with its economics and more with the ability of local cultures and traditions to survive amid a surge of strangers.

Whereas advocates of globalization claim it comes with the creation of a global "we," the far right sees it as a process by which a "they" encroaches upon an "us."

multiculturalism is seen as providing legal protection to cultural practices at odds with entrenched values.

the far right in Quebec is less institutionalized and less established than it is in Europe, or the U.S (for sure their PM denounced the ban!)

Far-right political parties have done better in proportional-representation systems (Netherlands), referendums (U.K.) and presidential races (U.S., France).

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-far-right-how-worried-should-we-be-1.3947183

This conversation does ring true to me. The man in the mosque was being thoughtful to someone he thought was interested in the faith. When he discovered that wasn't the case, he politely directed the visitor outside. In other words, he ushered the visitor out, but in a nice way. Having been around churches enough in my life, this scenario rings true as what a church leader would do when confronted with a wise guy, which is how the killer was acting. He was preventing an escalation, imo.

It reminds me a bit of the church shooting down South too. That killer entered the church and sat in a Bible study, and the church people welcomed him.

What is it about the conversation that doesn't seem true to you?

jmo

It seems too late in the chronology?? I don't really know why ! As I was reading it it did not feel "right"

Obviously can be totally off the mark here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess it makes it more sinister, just like Omar - all this "scouting" what is there to scout if one is walking in with a gun with plans to murder people??

In a lot of mass shootings they end up dead - so it hits me like are they "scouting" their escape route?

A bank robbery I get!

For some reason, I thought of attn seeker.

.......... was a good question!!!!!

Its the same thing as the media running with he moved to be near the mosque. He moved 8 months ago - he is 27- sounds like a normal thing to me!!

He drove off and confessed in a couple of minutes. Just like Dylan - admitted it from day one AND did not want to die, just like Dylan.

Didn't the people that tortured the guy, on FB, admit it right away too?

:rose::rose::rose:

:canada:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...e-shooting-victims-funeral-montreal-1.3962914
Live [h=1]Montreal funeral underway for men killed in Quebec City mosque shooting[/h]
[h=3]CBC is live streaming 1 p.m. ET service at Maurice Richard arena[/h]
attachment.php

Quebec City mosque shooting victims Azzedine Soufiane, Mamadou Tanou Barry, Khaled Belkacemi, Aboubaker Thabti, Ibrahima Barry and Abdelkrim Hassane, clockwise from left, will be in the thoughts of Canadians today. (CBC)

Attachments

• quebec-mosque-victims.jpg
    quebec-mosque-victims.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 75
Fox News falsely reported that the Quebec terrorism suspect was Moroccan. Then Canada got mad.
Along with the erroneous tweet, those details spread online, into anti-Islamic circles, and helped create a false narrative that the attacker was Muslim.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-fox-news-quebec-shooting-20170201-story.html

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2017/02/03/22701720.html
QUEBEC — An imam has told a funeral for three of the men who died in a mass shooting at a mosque that the alleged killer is also a victim.

Imam Hussein Guillet says someone planted ideas in Alexandre Bissonnette’s head.
“Alexandre, before being a killer, he was a victim also,” Guillet said.
“Before shooting bullets into the heads of his victims, somebody planted ideas, more dangerous than the bullets, in his head.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012
Back