Questions you'd like answers to...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there any known interaction between Burke and Patsy on the morning of 12/26 once others were present?

When police arrived, Burke was in his room and stayed there until ushered out by Fleet and John who told the police he knew/saw nothing as they left. Was Patsy in on this decision? Did she even know he was being taken out of the house at that moment?

In 20 years I have never read of any. IIRC Patsy stayed in the Solarium the entire time.

this is from the PR 4/97 interview:

PR: Uh, and there was some discussion about what to do about Burke and I think Fleet said he could come over to their house and play or something.
TT: Um hum. What, what kind of discussion, I mean, other than Fleet saying he can come over to my house and play. What to do with Burke?
PR: Well . . .
TT: (Inaudible)
PR: . . .just you know, we just thought it was best that he not be around. It was, it was just bedlam, you know, and I was a mess and, you know the police trying to do their job and all and . . .
TT: Um hum.
PR: . . .you know.
TT: Was it uh, was Linda there by the time uh, when Burke was leaving?
PR: Um . . .
TT: Do you remember that?
PR: I don’t remember exactly. She was, she was there pretty soon, but it seemed like, I remember sitting in the sunroom and it was, more daylightish when she got there.
TT: Okay.
PR: So I don’t know, I don’t know what time it was really.
TT: Okay. Who called Father Rol and let him know what was going on?
PR: I think Barbara said she did.
TT: Okay. Do you have any idea about what time Father Rol got there?
PR: I don’t know what time anything happened. I was just, I was just frantic.
TT: Okay. Kind of maybe, make your own timeline here.
PR: Um.
TT: Um, do you remember if Burke left the house before or after Father Rol arrived?
PR: No I don’t, I don’t remember.
TT: Okay. Um, again, who, who took Burke out of the house? Did John, John and Fleet do that or did just Fleet drive him away?
PR: Uh, I don’t believe John left. I think that John brought him downstairs and uh, he came over to me and told, really couldn’t (inaudible) or anything and he had tears in his eyes, I think, I think we just said you can go over and play at the Whites. I don’t remember exactly who took him out of there.
TT: I know it’s a difficult time and these are some hard questions we have to talk about. Um, Patsy, and again it’s more just hard to understand sometimes and I just want to make sure the secretary can understand . . .
PR: Yeah.
TT: . . .so John brings Burke downstairs and then, is that, that’s when you told him that JonB. . .was missing. JonBenet was missing.
PR: yeah, I think Burke, Burke, I think John had talked to him some upstairs. I don’t know.
PR: (Inaudible) came in and, you know, hugged him before he left.
TT: Did he day anything to you before he left?
PR: (Response inaudible.)
TT: And then you a, then somebody took him over to the White’s house.
PR: Correct.

this is from the PR 4/97 interview:

PR: Uh, and there was some discussion about what to do about Burke and I think Fleet said he could come over to their house and play or something.
TT: Um hum. What, what kind of discussion, I mean, other than Fleet saying he can come over to my house and play. What to do with Burke?
PR: Well . . .
TT: (Inaudible)
PR: . . .just you know, we just thought it was best that he not be around. It was, it was just bedlam, you know, and I was a mess and, you know the police trying to do their job and all and . . .
TT: Um hum.
PR: . . .you know.
TT: Was it uh, was Linda there by the time uh, when Burke was leaving?
PR: Um . . .
TT: Do you remember that?
PR: I don’t remember exactly. She was, she was there pretty soon, but it seemed like, I remember sitting in the sunroom and it was, more daylightish when she got there.
PR: So I don’t know, I don’t know what time it was really.
TT: Okay. Who called Father Rol and let him know what was going on?
PR: I think Barbara said she did.
TT: Okay. Do you have any idea about what time Father Rol got there?
PR: I don’t know what time anything happened. I was just, I was just frantic.
TT: Okay. Kind of maybe, make your own timeline here.
PR: Um.
TT: Um, do you remember if Burke left the house before or after Father Rol arrived?
PR: No I don’t, I don’t remember.
TT: Okay. Um, again, who, who took Burke out of the house? Did John, John and Fleet do that or did just Fleet drive him away?
PR: Uh, I don’t believe John left. I think that John brought him downstairs and uh, he came over to me and told, really couldn’t (inaudible) or anything and he had tears in his eyes, I think, I think we just said you can go over and play at the Whites. I don’t remember exactly who took him out of there.
TT: I know it’s a difficult time and these are some hard questions we have to talk about. Um, Patsy, and again it’s more just hard to understand sometimes and I just want to make sure the secretary can understand . . .
PR: Yeah.
TT: . . .so John brings Burke downstairs and then, is that, that’s when you told him that JonB. . .was missing. JonBenet was missing.
PR: yeah, I think Burke, Burke, I think John had talked to him some upstairs. I don’t know.
PR: (Inaudible) came in and, you know, hugged him before he left.
TT: Did he day anything to you before he left?
PR: (Response inaudible.)
TT: And then you a, then somebody took him over to the White’s house.
PR: Correct.

Thanks for finding that. In true Ramsey style, it clears up absolutely nothing. I think there's some importance in this, but I'm not sure what yet.

Thanks for finding that. In true Ramsey style, it clears up absolutely nothing. I think there's some importance in this, but I'm not sure what yet.

Perhaps the fact that JB was 'kidnapped' yet she was willing to let BR go?

I think it speaks volumes that there was no intruder.

Or the coldness. "I don't remember exactly, I don't know. I don't know what time anything happened. No I don't remember.... "

It might be important to know if the decision to remove Burke was made with Patsy's involvement. Her answers here are vague and seem to be trying to fill in what the questioner would expect more that pulling from memory.

Like many, I can't buy the idea that you would take your child away in that situation- no one would want him out of their sight. Most parents would launch into a panic if their other child so much as wandered away to use the bathroom while a kidnapper was on the loose.

I think removing Burke was either to keep him from suspicion and questioning, or to shield him from what John feared might be about to happen in that house. I think Linda Arndt picked up this tension, but may have misconstrued it- even before John's lost time. There was a protective bubble of friends and prayer surrounding Patsy that morning, but there was no bubble of family around her- they were at a literal and widening distance.

Perhaps the fact that JB was 'kidnapped' yet she was willing to let BR go?

I think it speaks volumes that there was no intruder.

Or the coldness. "I don't remember exactly, I don't know. I don't know what time anything happened. No I don't remember.... "

Ha. Exactly.

"Not long after you learned your little daughter was kidnapped by a foreign faction threatening to watch you closely and behead her if your actions displeased them, what about your other child?"

"Who? Oh, him. I was too distraught to think about it and now I can't remember anything. I think we sent him off to play with friends. Or something like that."

And people really still believe Patsy and John thought they "had a kidnapping"???

Not only is it strange that they sent Burke away that morning, but the fact that they let him stay in his room all morning (WHICH is just another lie because Burkes voice is at the end of the 911 call). I would make sure my kid didn't leave my sight if their sibling had been kidnapped.

But never being put in that situation I don't know for sure how I would act/behave. No denying that Patsy was distressed.

I've seen it mentioned that Burke spend Christmas night at the Whites playing Nintendo with Fleet Jr. Did Fleet get his own, or did Burke bring his?

Having owned this system myself, I recall that the front has two cylindrical bases that are a pretty good match in size to the head of a Maglite, though plastic and not metal.

I've seen it mentioned that Burke spend Christmas night at the Whites playing Nintendo with Fleet Jr. Did Fleet get his own, or did Burke bring his?

Having owned this system myself, I recall that the front has two cylindrical bases that are a pretty good match in size to the head of a Maglite, though plastic and not metal.
I think every rich boy in America got a Nintendo 64 that Christmas.

I believe the Ramseys assumed JonBenet would be found shortly after calling 911. This is why the note contains specific warnings not to call law enforcement -- it's a way to explain why JonBenet was dead. As the morning wore on, John grew anxious. With no call coming from the fake kidnappers, the act was wearing thin. John made the decision to be the one to 'discover' JonBenet in view of a witness (Fleet) and start the process of circling the wagons.

[video=vimeo;39449004]https://vimeo.com/39449004[/video]

Pastor Wayne Cordeiro interviews John and Patsy Ramsey.

PWC: And then how many days later did you find her body?

JR: Well we, ah,
the note said, ah
I will call you tomorrow
and
I didn't know
if tomorrow was today
or tomorrow was tomorrow
and I thought,
my gosh,
I can't wait till tommorow.
I can't stand that but, ah,
so we waited, ah,
and then finally, ah,
the police asked me to, ah
mmmmmeee,
look through the house thoroughly
and
I found her in the basement
about,
one o'clock in the afternoon.

PWC: In your own home in the basement?

JR: Yes.

I think the medical term for the Ramseys frequent memory loss is 'Ramnesia'.

I'm presuming that the consumption of pineapple is illegal in the USA, hence the parents vehemently denying any knowledge of it.

Poor John must have developed Alzheimer's or something. He can't remember whether he broke the window or not, he can't remember if he locked up the house or not, he doesn't remember phoning his pilot. He doesn't remember that his wife's handwriting is almost the same as the intruder's. He's lucky he can remember he's called John.

I'm presuming that the consumption of pineapple is illegal in the USA, hence the parents vehemently denying any knowledge of it.

Poor John must have developed Alzheimer's or something. He can't remember whether he broke the window or not, he can't remember if he locked up the house or not, he doesn't remember phoning his pilot. He doesn't remember that his wife's handwriting is almost the same as the intruder's. He's lucky he can remember he's called John.

Not Alzheimers, He's just changed his stories so many times over the years that even he doesn't know what happened any more.

Oddly, Linda Arndt also claimed to have lost all memory of that time a year or so later.

Yes, but if Fleet Jr got one, then there was no for Burke to bring his along the next day.
Technically, no. But I also can't see Burke the "blip, blip, blip" video gamer letting go of his new prized possession, "missing" sister or no "missing" sister.

Not only is it strange that they sent Burke away that morning, but the fact that they let him stay in his room all morning (WHICH is just another lie because Burkes voice is at the end of the 911 call). I would make sure my kid didn't leave my sight if their sibling had been kidnapped.

But never being put in that situation I don't know for sure how I would act/behave. No denying that Patsy was distressed.
She was distressed. But any normal parent in a real kidnapping situation would have interrogated that boy nine ways to Sunday. How did they know Burke didn't hear or see anything if they never woke him up and asked him??!! Again, more circumstantial evidence that Burke was fully aware of the goings on that morning but his parents wanted to convince LE was completely in the dark. And of course, he even now admits he was only pretending to be asleep during the early stages of the investigation.

She was distressed. But any normal parent in a real kidnapping situation would have interrogated that boy nine ways to Sunday. How did they know Burke didn't hear or see anything if they never woke him up and asked him??!! Again, more circumstantial evidence that Burke was fully aware of the goings on that morning but his parents wanted to convince LE was completely in the dark. And of course, he even now admits he was only pretending to be asleep during the early stages of the investigation.

All he had to remember was that he went to bed, woke up, and she was gone. Pretty hard to screw that up, but he did. Early story from the Ramsey's was that John checked on Burke. On DP, Burke said he was awakened by Patsy coming in to his room freaking out. He was asleep, he wasn't asleep. These people can't keep one story straight.

Technically, no. But I also can't see Burke the "blip, blip, blip" video gamer letting go of his new prized possession, "missing" sister or no "missing" sister.

The Nintendo 64 was a video game system, much like a Playstation or XBox. I can't see BR hauling out an entire system with cables, etc. out of the house that day. Maybe he took the actual game cartridge, not the system. Or he took a GameBoy, which is handheld.

^ Agree, not only that, but there is absolutely zero evidence he took his gaming system with him -- I've heard this a lot by now, and I have no idea how it got started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonaldLew