IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
an moving to new thread YeeHaw.gif(click)

I always love moving to a new thread !!

Hey Margarita25, I notice you have been sort of unhappy with some of the police press conferences and things they said (or didn't say).

Told Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby in a written release yesterday: ‘Based on information learned from friends and family members, police do not suspect foul play and have no information to believe the girls are in any kind of danger, other than being exposed to outside elements’ .

I've got a real gem for you to stew on. The quote above is from the first night they were missing, after the search had been called off until the next morning.

Everybody in this forum needs to have that statement burned into their memory so they can remember it on the next case.

The release from LE says the photos were taken from a video camera in the area.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Good thing there's cameras in the area. I wouldn't normally expect that in such a remote area - even with it being a park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like that article is inserting a little sensationalism. The flyer says the photos were from a video taken in the area. It looks just like trail cam photos to me. I just hope this doesn't turn into a spooky story about the girls using social media to capture their own killers. Sounds like a horror movie waiting to happen. Sigh.

Re: the appropriateness of the man's clothes in comparison to the weather...I help to run a large fruit and veg farm. We have employees who are of Hispanic descent. They often seem to be overdressed for warmer weather, and when I've asked them they tell me that they are more acclimated to hot weather because of the climate where they grew up. So on a day that we would consider mild, comfortable, they'd look bundled up. I can't tell from the picture what ethnicity the guy is, but I've read on here that agricultural employees would be in the area.

The release from LE says the photos were taken from a video camera in the area.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

That could have been the video camera on one of the girls phones, if they had taken video and it was found on the phone with this dude walking in the background... Technically that would be a video camera in the area

I think too much, one minute I think this is the perp then the next I flip to this is gonna be a distraction and we will look back and think of all the time we've scrutinized every detail of a photograph. Been there before!

Remember Alanna Gallagher? I was convinced I could see a childs face in the back window of a car LE was appealing for info on. Turned out to be nothing, she was murdered by a 17yr old neighbour, right there in his garage.

attachment.php
Liberty was wearing a tye-dyed shirt with fringe in bottom, like this one. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4224810/Two-bodies-search-missing-13-year-old-girls.html

attachment.php
The bridge
http://nypost.com/2017/02/15/teen-girls-posted-cryptic-snapchats-before-their-murders/

Last pictures taken from their hiking day: The bridge, Abigail; http://nypost.com/2017/02/15/teen-girls-posted-cryptic-snapchats-before-their-murders/
attachment.php

attachment.php

Another view of the bridge
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4224810/Two-bodies-search-missing-13-year-old-girls.html

Attachments

• IMG_0958.JPG
    IMG_0958.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 1,390
  • IMG_0956.JPG
    IMG_0956.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 1,412
I feel like that article is inserting a little sensationalism. The flyer says the photos were from a video taken in the area. It looks just like trail cam photos to me. I just hope this doesn't turn into a spooky story about the girls using social media to capture their own killers. Sounds like a horror movie waiting to happen. Sigh.

Almost all game cameras will take both photographs and short video clips. If this was a screen capture from a video clip, then it came from a game camera that was mounted on a tree somewhere along the length of the bridge. Any private individual can mount a game camera anywhere they want to, but if it gets stolen, that's on them.

The fact that these pictures seem to be such low resolution actually makes more sense now, sense the game camera itself was set on a low resolution for video clips, so as not to chew up a lot of space on the internal SD card.

Almost all game cameras will take both photographs and short video clips. If this was a screen capture from a video clip, then it came from a game camera that was mounted on a tree somewhere along the length of the bridge. Any private individual can mount a game camera anywhere they want to, but if it gets stolen, that's on them.

The fact that these pictures seem to be such low resolution actually makes more sense now, sense the game camera itself was set on a low resolution for video clips, so as not to chew up a lot of space on the internal SD card.

Agreed. I should have clarified that I meant photos taken from footage. My family has a trail cam and you're correct, you can take both video and photos. I would think with how decent phone cameras are now, that this wouldn't have come from either one of the girls' phones, unless they zoomed in a lot. But again, why would they have taken that picture? If they felt a threat I doubt that would be what they would think to do first.

Re: the appropriateness of the man's clothes in comparison to the weather...I help to run a large fruit and veg farm. We have employees who are of Hispanic descent. They often seem to be overdressed for warmer weather, and when I've asked them they tell me that they are more acclimated to hot weather because of the climate where they grew up. So on a day that we would consider mild, comfortable, they'd look bundled up. I can't tell from the picture what ethnicity the guy is, but I've read on here that agricultural employees would be in the area.

That is a good idea.

But, I think he looks white and like someone from that area or from a similar area (small to mid-size town in the midwest). I'm thinking he was planning to be out for hours so needed layers for the cold of morning and/or evening that could be shed for the warmer afternoon.

jmo

8c7d3e46bb4177bebb210b5299fae11c.jpg

I put this on the last thread and then realized it had closed right after.

Hope I am posting the picture correctly!

I know many say they do not see anyone in the picture taken on the bridge but when I look at it I see something. I circled where I see it. When zooming in a bit it looks like a dark jacket and light pants. The coloring looks very much like the coloring of the clothes the man in the picture is wearing. Also, when I look at the still shots of him walking I see something else. Where the brown thing is {fanny pack, sweatshirt, whatever it is hanging down} there is a small section that is a different color. I circled the little area I am talking about. It looks close to the coloring of the shirt she is wearing on the bridge. I fully understand it could all be nothing, could just be my 40 something year old eyes playing tricks on me, but I always enjoy hearing and seeing what all of you have picked up on so wanted to share my "view" on the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Police have not released any information on where the photo they released came from but they are hoping to speak to him regarding what he may have seen that day.

Indiana State Police said there have been a few rumors on Facebook that they have found the man and spoken to him, but officers said this is not true.

More than 100 tips were received overnight, but police say there are still no suspects or persons of interest at this time.

Indiana State Police also want to talk to anyone who was parked at High Bridge Trail Head on Monday, February 13, between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-was-on-the-walking-trails-monday-near-delphi

Given the water around there, it stands out to me that the girls were found on land, not in the water, and that they were found rather quickly.

I have a strong feeling that LE highly suspects the man in the photo is who killed the girls. I'm still thinking about where the photo came from though. If it came from a trail camera, the other couple should of also been on a picture and any other suspects too. Only this picture was released. This makes me think LE knows he was the only one seen on any video or picture, so he has to be the suspect. I think he looks to be 45-55. Gray hoodie underneath his jacket. I'm positive there is something in the coat pocket that is bulky. It does look like a fanny pack to me more than a long shirt. Also, either he has dark brown hair or is wearing a brown or camo hat.

It seems I recall reading that there were no trail cams, though I cannot be certain my memory is right. I cannot find anything media reports that indicates who the video came from.

I have a question about the man's picture. Do you all believe he is wearing a cap of some sort? The more I look at the pic, I believe it is brown hair, floppy on the forehead, and the "bill'" portion is actually a collar, hood, or scarf pulled around his right side. It looks like I can see a part in his hair, which makes me believe it is not a cap.

I have a strong feeling that LE highly suspects the man in the photo is who killed the girls. I'm still thinking about where the photo came from though. If it came from a trail camera, the other couple should of also been on a picture and any other suspects too. Only this picture was released. This makes me think LE knows he was the only one seen on any video or picture, so he has to be the suspect. I think he looks to be 45-55. Gray hoodie underneath his jacket. I'm positive there is something in the coat pocket that is bulky. It does look like a fanny pack to me more than a long shirt. Also, either he has dark brown hair or is wearing a brown or camo hat.

I think it could be an ammo pouch.

I agree 100% with you! Also, the individual in the woods seems to be walking towards a boardwalk that leads up to the railroad. He probably started to walk behind them after this picture and it all just went downhill from there. Great eye!!!
*It's my first post and I didnt quote the post I was referring to! Sorry about that, I will repost this with the post I'm referring to*

Attachments

• s404426801106198599_p3_i1_w2389.jpg
    s404426801106198599_p3_i1_w2389.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,118
  • x354-q80.jpg
    x354-q80.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,095
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online