IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know lovely.

I see it too just I thought the only thing I cane see here is what appears to look like a pigs head floating in mid air, then I saw a teddy bear, then a panda bear. This case is driving up all potty !!

Pareidolia = false or imagined images.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

It's difficult to imagine anyone walking over the high bridge. I couldn't do it.

Is it the opinion of most that the perp was on the bridge when he was caught on video?

So I apologize if someone has brought this up already. I know yesterday we were discussing it pretty good, but I had a thought last night and now I cant stop looking at the pictures of the perp. Someone (thank you to this person) posted an over lapping picture of the 2 stills that were released. There is approximately 1 step between the boards. In both stills, the suspect has his hands in his pockets. I couldnt get why he looked like 2 different people. I think I have it. I dont think he is wearing a hoodie at all. I think he is wearing at hat. Either camo or light brown. I think what looks like a hoodie is long white curly hair. If you look at his eyes, they are shadowed... probably from the brim of the hat. When he turns his head a bit to start walking more to the left, the shadow almost reveals one of his eyes. This makes since in the fact that he never took his hands from his pockets so how could the hoodie be up in one shot and down in the next step? Its not a hoodie or his hair, its def a hat and nothing changed but the angle of his head and the way the light is hitting it. Thoughts?

I think he is wearing a camo hat, like apparently lots of men around Indiana do. It is clearer in one picture than the other. In fact, the whole outfit, jeans, layers under a big jacket, and body style could be anyone from that area. That may be why it is so hard to identify a POI from identifying the clothing.

Not necessarily. The police would have probable cause if the bodies were found on someone's private property for example.

I am very glad the police have come out and cleared this person. Usually that doesn't happen and the person who's land/home was searched is left to twist in the wind of rank speculation. At least this time they made it very clear this person is not involved.

"The police would have probable cause if the bodies were found on someones private property for example".
Thanks for clearing that up.

Apart from no bodies being found there, I wonder what the probable cause was.

I wouldn't be able to walk across that bridge. No side rails. Spaces between the slats would give me vertigo. He walks with his hands in his pockets, like it's so easy.

[FONT=&amp]Since the two photos of him were released, the man in question hasn’t contacted authorities, Slocum said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“That doesn’t make him a suspect by not contacting us. It’s the totality of the evidence we’ve been developing so far that leads us to that,” Slocum said.

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]When they weren’t in class together at the local middle school, Abigail and Liberty were playing sports or hiking Delphi’s community trails, Patty said.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

http://people.com/crime/abigail-williams-liberty-german-slain-indiana-teens-5-things/[/FONT]

But none of them are denim on the bottom. Lol. That's the problem.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My husband and son are avid deer/bird and duck hunters and I have bought them both hunting pants that will withstand the brush/stickers as they walk through the woods but I have never seen a pair that has denim legs. The ones I have bought are sort of a yellowish light brown overall and then the legs will be of a much thicker material and are dark brown. The legs are made of a special material that prevents stickers/barbs etc from penetrating and some I have purchased are waterproof as well.

My eyesight is not keen enough to see close details but to me just by looking at it through MY tired eyes he seems to have a rust colored shirt or hoodie on underneath the jacket and has a relaxed fit pair of regular jeans on. But my eyes may be deceiving me.

I thought they were headphones like another poster here. Drifters are seasonal by me, they move with the weather. They like my area, lots of fast food, very rural, trails, big highways nearby, trains. They have money, they group up, they have a tent city by my town. Kind-hearted people do help them. I have seen them carry cell phones. My friend's brother was a drifter. Good person but hooked on drugs. Never broke the law that we know of. Lived nearby in the mountain.

If he is a drifter could it be possible he has been staying there a week or so and that is how he knows the land?

Just my speculation:

• This guy stalked the girls toward the southeast end of the bridge. He knew the trail ended there and that there would be significantly less chance of somebody happening upon them on that side of the creek. Maybe he passed them going the other direction and doubled back, maybe he saw them over that way from the NW side of the bridge and followed... not really sure. But I think he isolated them on that side of the creek.
  • I think a trail cam or security camera mounted near the SE end of the bridge (most likely by one of the property owners near there) is what captured the picture or video of this . I also think he appears to have his left hand in his pants pocket, but his right hand in his hoodie pocket because he is holding a weapon that would not fit in his right pants pocket.
  • Given that the property owner whose land the bodies were discovered on lived on the north side of the creek, if he stalked them to the SE end of the bridge, they somehow got back across to the north side. I can't imagine that the ' plan involved entering the creek, so I can only figure that they crossed the creek trying to get away (it's shallow enough to walk across). This would also explain why there were quite a few LE folks searching IN the creek at that spot. You see LE vehicles parked as close as they can be to this location in the creek on both sides (cemetery to the north, gravel road near end of bridge to the south). I'm guessing this is where he caught up to them, probably just to the north side of the creek - it would be very difficult to climb the hill on the north side very quickly... it's very steep there as we saw in the video with the property owner.

That seems the most plausible scenario to me given what we know.

To speculate a little further, if he had a vehicle parked somewhere, he obviously would have taken the quickest route back to that location at that point. If he didn't have a vehicle, it seems unlikely that he would head west back toward the bridge or trail head... also seems unlikely that he would make the difficult hike up the hill to the north... also seems unlikely that he would go back across the creek toward the private residences to the south... so my guess would be, if he didn't have a vehicle, he probably followed along the creek bed or the banks to the east until he found a spot where he could get out of the area unseen.

Again, all just my speculation.

I don't see them crossing the creek trying to flee. Remember there were people there searching for them, including up on the bridge.. to me splashing through the water trying to escape would make a lot of noise, that would attract attention. As far as LE searching the creek, I think it's very likely that the killer dumped things in there hence the search.

Photo suspect now identified as probable perp
http://www.wthr.com/article/tips-pour-in-after-suspect-identified-in-delphi-double-homicide

There has been some argument on this board that it doesn't matter if this still came from a phone or trail cam. I respectfully disagree. If the video still came from a trail cam then the LE have a record of all foot traffic on the
bridge. Very different investigation than one relying on a single video taken by one witness in the area.
I believe it is a trail cam still due to the angle of the photo and the compression of the file. In no way do I
believe the girls filmed the video. Impossible to achieve this video unless from a greater height. And looking
at the topography not achievable. It is from a trail cam. Which is good as the LE have a fairly decent
timeline and lead on suspects.

I also agree that a video feed could explain racing back to the scene. It is very likely cops would leave a live
feed camera as perps are known to revisit crime scenes. Very possible a live feed showed someone representing the perp.

FBI involvement? Wouldn't be surprising given a media covered double homicide by an inexperienced small county LE.

How did the girls end up down there? Being athletic and loving photography it is not all that unlikely to
me that they may have hiked down to the graveyard. I'm a hiker and the terrain is not at all that rough. We
aren't talking Colorado or Adirondacks. A mild ravine. It is however difficult topography to drag a body
through. The girls were apparently tracked through footprints. There is no evidence on video of bodies being
dragged through fallen leaves. Massive tracks would have been left.

They were killed there. What I find strange is the different dates of death. The 13th for Libby and
14th for Abby. Did she bleed out slowly?

I can see a definite gun in that POI's pocket. Looks like a 9mm. Which is not all that strange that he
would carry while hiking. What is strange is he hasn't come forward. Now identified as a likely perp

I've never followed this board before. This case just intrigues and saddens me. I hope they catch this *******.
Women learn to carry weapons and defend yourself. It is estimated that over 25% of college students are raped.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-one-murdered-Indiana-teens-speaks-out.html
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/friend-of-delphi-girl-i-question-everything
https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidMacAnally/status/832054316554924033/photo/1
http://elitedaily.com/news/photo-of-man-found-liberty-german-murder/1793848/
I was stuck on the single set of footprints, but when you mentioned their love of hiking, it all came together. The last pic on top of bridge was around 2:07 pm. It appears the girls' plan was to hike, for about an hour, over to the rough terrain eta 3:00 pm, (near where their bodies were found), and then hike back, for about an hour, and be picked up by a family member around 4:00 pm.
Sadly, they never made it back to their pick up spot.

[FONT=&]Since the two photos of him were released, the man in question hasn’t contacted authorities, Slocum said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“That doesn’t make him a suspect by not contacting us. It’s the totality of the evidence we’ve been developing so far that leads us to that,” Slocum said.

[/FONT][FONT=&]When they weren’t in class together at the local middle school, Abigail and Liberty were playing sports or hiking Delphi’s community trails, Patty said.[/FONT][FONT=&]

http://people.com/crime/abigail-williams-liberty-german-slain-indiana-teens-5-things/[/FONT]

Yep. they know far far more than they are releasing about this murderer which makes sense since ongoing investigations are always changing as more evidence is uncovered.

These pictures are hard to make out and there are so blurry, but there are distinct differences between them, including mostly, he is stepping in a different way. The pictures are starting to haunt me- I know they are many of you, too. Some of you focus on the hair, or hat, or hood, whatever is going on at the top of the head, some focus on what could explain the poochiness in the jacket, and others focus on the feet to identify the shoes. Well done, I must say, because that sort of detail analysis must happen. I have focused, myself, on the head and the waste band.

I focus on his waist, a fanny pack? Those ear muffs, and something up on his left side( in the picture) between his ear and shoulder. I'm telling you, those two pictures someone spliced together to give the animation, haunt me. The Boogeyman came to life.

From what I can see from the pictures, is that there is a small time elapsed from the first to the second frame.
I would suppose that by looking at the guys legs, he may be really drunk.
His gait is unsteady.
He was walking on a bridge with large gaps. It may be hard to discern his gait.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Would a dog picking up on a scent be enough for a search warrant? Like if a dog followed the scent of the man to the property where the search warrant was served? I know this is a stretch..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about a house search. But during a traffic stop, if a canine drug dog alerts on your car, it gives the officer the right to search your car, IIRC. :cop:

Yep. they know far far more than they are releasing about this murderer which makes sense since ongoing investigations are always changing as more evidence is uncovered.

I sincerely hope that they know much more than they've released because, just based on their statements, actions, and communications with the public, it appears to be an utter debacle at this point.

I don't see them crossing the creek trying to flee. Remember there were people there searching for them, including up on the bridge.. to me splashing through the water trying to escape would make a lot of noise, that would attract attention.

Just to clarify, I'm saying I think the girls crossed the creek trying to flee from this once he had isolated them on the south side of the creek.

As far as LE searching the creek, I think it's very likely that the killer dumped things in there hence the search.

Definitely don't disagree on that... but I think the reason they were searching this particular part of the creek is because it's where he caught up to them right after or as they crossed back to the north side.

Is it just me or is it odd that they are not releasing the usual "profiling" of an unknown suspect. We are looking for information on a male who may meet one or more of these criteria....

For example:
1- Someone who may have purchased new boots (as to get away from being tracked by tread or if he got blood on them)

2- Someone who purchased a new phone or replaced one they were using within the last week. (taken from them asking to see phones of people they talked to)

3- Someone who may have changed their appearance since the crime. Cut/dye hair, shaved or uncharacteristically growing facial hair.

4- Someone who may have suddenly changed habits. Maybe quit coming to/started missing work, more focused on news.

Just my $.02

I sincerely hope that they know much more than they've released because, just based on their statements, actions, and communications with the public, it appears to be an utter debacle at this point.
To be fair to police. It is like searching for a needle in a haystack. especially f this person is a drifter with no family or internet connection. I hope people are checking there property and abandoned buildings. He might be hiding out there. If he was in a car he would have to get gas.

“Shock I think would be the best way to explain it,” said Lisa Boyd, a friend of the German family. “You don’t expect something like this around here.”

Boyd said Liberty was full of life and loved her family and she will forever remember the last conversation that she had with the young girl.

“She was very funny, outgoing, friendly, energetic. She was a good kid,” said Boyd.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...hi-girls-wait-for-police-to-find-their-killer

I'm posting this in remembrance of Liberty I think it's important to remember the girls as people and not just focus solely on how their lives tragically ended. It is so sad they were great young people from all the interviews I've read in articles from the people that knew them.

Doing some studying on serial killers. It's not uncommon for them to leave a calling card or clue. Example, positioning bodies, method....style

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member