IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to police. It is like searching for a needle in a haystack. especially f this person is a drifter with no family or internet connection. I hope people are checking there property and abandoned buildings. He might be hiding out there. If he was in a car he would have to get gas.

I'm speaking more about the switch from "police do not believe foul play is involved and have been given no information that would lead them to believe the girls are in any immediate danger" to "oops, we suspect foul play" and "I don’t want to discourage anyone from using the system; it’s there for a purpose and for recreation." to "yeah, there may be a murderous hitchhiker thumbing rides".

Then there's the whole warrant search which, according to them, was a complete waste of time that they don't have.

For our photography experts, I found this photo and have a question. Do you think this might be how far away the camera was from the suspect or do you think it was closer or further away?

Not a photography expert, but I don't think it was from an angle that far out to the side of the bridge.

My guess is that it came from a camera toward the southeast end of the bridge. You can see the area I'm referring toward the end of this video:
[video=youtube;edK8DJVW890]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK8DJVW890[/video]

David Letterman!

Also, some celebrities are even willing to help. Know of any celebrities that grew up in Indiana? tweet them about the case and ask them to share the picture. I believe Jennifer Lawrence has done it before for a missing person.

The girls were likely controlled by one being threatened and the other being too scared out of concern for her to friend to run away. I know they were teens, but very young teens. One man could do that.

I wouldn't be able to walk across that bridge. No side rails. Spaces between the slats would give me vertigo. He walks with his hands in his pockets, like it's so easy.

JMO
Or helping to secure a strap like a gun strap or backpack strap.

Most people when walking on those trestles would use hands to balance. I think he is keeping them in his pockets to keep whatever strap he is got slung over a shoulder in place.

The girls were likely controlled by one being threatened and the other being too scared out of concern for her to friend to run away. I know they were teens, but very young teens. One man could do that.

Or stun gun

Oh, wow, throwing away a backpack.

Okay, LE has viable information on this .

Let's expand the radius for the geographical search for suspects as far as neighboring towns and cities.

Can the locals give a general description of the major highway arteries?

Almost a week since the murders. Hitchhiker could be anywhere.

However, truckers and truckstops need to be alerted to this guy.

What are the larger truckstops in Indiana?

Is there an official poster with the abbreviated information of the suspect? I think I will do one. That is something that can be shared on SM.

Havent been down to Delphi/ Lafayette since the girls, but for the truck stops that i know of, of course there is more, but this off top of my head. there is one in lafayette/delphi on a highway . then there is one in peru called gallahans travel plaza (replying from old thread)

I usually don't post much on these cases anymore.But this makes me very sad. I have a daughter these girls age.I am following this story very closely.Did LE really say there was no danger to the community? I have found they usually say this when the suspect knows the victim or victims and were targeted.One or both victims.

I'm speaking more about the switch from "police do not believe foul play is involved and have been given no information that would lead them to believe the girls are in any immediate danger" to "oops, we suspect foul play" and "I don’t want to discourage anyone from using the system; it’s there for a purpose and for recreation." to "yeah, there may be a murderous hitchhiker thumbing rides".

Then there's the whole warrant search which, according to them, was a complete waste of time that they don't have.

I don't think it was a complete waste of time. If they cleared someone, then that is one checkmark off the list of possible scenarios. They went there for a reason, and now they know it was a dead end.

For our photography experts, I found this photo and have a question. Do you think this might be how far away the camera was from the suspect or do you think it was closer or further away?

[video=twitter;831528941512966150]https://twitter.com/VanwykWTHR/status/831528941512966150[/video]

interesting question, hmm

i mean its hard to know, you'd have to know what kind of phone or camera it is, but im going to go with a mid range smart phone with a megapixel range around 8-10 this is something a teenage girl would own unless her parents are very very generous or she has a job and can save for a brand new apple or something

yeah it could very well be the distance i don't like the angle though but roughly that distance

Girls dropped off at 1 by themselves in a remote area. They did not look prepared for hiking, let alone who does such a thing?

Search called off at 6:30, with no Amber Alert. What parent could tolerate that?

Monon can be found, but it is off the beaten path.

My take: The girls were meeting someone, probably an Internet hookup

JMO
Or helping to secure a strap like a gun strap or backpack strap.

Most people when walking on those trestles would use hands to balance. I think he is keeping them in his pockets to keep whatever strap he is got slung over a shoulder in place.
I think the picture of Libby on the bridge, she aslo has her hands in her pocket. I think anyway

I usually don't post much on these cases anymore.But this makes me very sad. I have a daughter these girls age.I am following this story very closely.Did LE really say there was no danger to the community? I have found they usually say this when the suspect knows the victim or victims and were targeted.One or both victims.

Officials said members of the public should remain cautious of an alleged killer roaming the streets.
“It is disturbing,” Leazenby said. “There is somebody out there that did do this crime and we’re going to track them down.”

Assuming the photo has been photo shopped to hide evidence that LE wants to keep to themselves then I wonder if that white thing is a wrap around a long beard.

Im not trying to imply the suspect is that homeless fellow but ever since the beginning I could have sworn one of the photos looks like he has a beard or part of a beard and that white thing doesnt make any sense till I thought of seeing some people tie something around their beard to keep it in place.

Not sure why LE would crop that area out unless he had binoculars or something else they didnt want to give away. So the beard may have gotten cropped because of something else they were cropping.

they did say it in the beginning and I questioned it and I think someone said that maybe they believe it was internet related. I am still disappointed that the police said no one is in danger.

Girls dropped off at 1 by themselves in a remote area. They did not look prepared for hiking, let alone who does such a thing?

Search called off at 6:30, with no Amber Alert. What parent could tolerate that?

Monon can be found, but it is off the beaten path.

My take: The girls were meeting someone, probably an Internet hookup
Actually they searched until around midnight. Not long enough obviously.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-missing-after-being-dropped-off-to-go-hiking

Crews searched for the missing teens into the night, but because of the dark, the search was slowed around midnight. Crews will regroup and continue their search efforts first thing in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member