IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking for a while now that this guy is hiding in plain sight somehow.

Or he's got family that's protecting him..........................visiting the area over the weekend, checking up on his folks, drops in and out of town occasionally, out of town college kid, etc.

Another big problem that might be going on here is probable cause. I think LE was highly embarrassed after that first debacle of a raid , and I doubt the judge that signed off on it was very pleased as well . I doubt they're going to make the same mistake twice. You can bet the judge isn't going to make the same mistake twice.

Just because someone thinks this guy resembles their neighbor, son-in-law, employee, grocery bagger, etc., isn't enough to go kicking down his door. They're going to have to have some kind of investigative lead, and try to put this person at the scene on that particular day. Obviously, a DNA match to the crime scene would be the ultimate evidence, but after 7 days in........looks like it ain't happening. This guy either didn't leave any DNA or he simply isn't in the database.

I agree about him probably just being a person who walks with his hands in his pockets. I do that all the time and I'm very uncomfortable when for some reason (stupid women's skirts with no pockets) I can't. If it's a habit, that might be something to watch out for in identifying the guy.

I think he might have parked out of the immediate area and walked to/from a car parked a couple of miles away. (I keep coming back to that packing plant and its parking lot.) But I agree it's unlikely he hitched any rides.

I think they know or have evidence that he is no longer wearing the clothing shown in that video, and that no clothing was found at the crime scene, and have extrapolated that he probably placed the other clothing in some kind of carrying receptacle like a duffel or backpack and disposed of it elsewhere.

And might be possible that LE has found the clothing that the person in the photos was wearing and were able to connect this clothing to the crime possibly thru DNA. This would explain how LE is able to call this person the main suspect in the case.
Clothing found = clothing in photos = DNA found

Just said on local news that 'investigators are not where they want to be right now'. They don't have an arrest but 'will be sharing interesting information with us tomorrow '. I'll see if they post a link soon.[emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just said on local news that 'investigators are not where they want to be right now'. They don't have an arrest but 'will be sharing interesting information with us tomorrow '. I'll see if they post a link soon.[emoji20]

Argh. Why wait????

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Random thought - I wonder if criminals, or even just suspects, ever come to boards like this to see what we say about the case/them. That would be so creepy!

Yes, they do. I've never seen one post (that I know of), but I've read from other members that known offenders have posted in the past.

I hike a lot. I've never seen security cameras on trails.

You may have missed the camoflaged ones. People purposely hide them so they dont get ripped off by others.

The whole idea is that game animals and people do not find them.

[video=youtube;IRGy4dDCCBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRGy4dDCCBM[/video]

The girls were to be picked up at 3:30pm. They were reported missing 2 hours later. I am going to go out on a limb and say that Delphi, the town of 3,000 people, doesn't have an enormous team of first responders much less search and rescue teams, dogs and divers at the ready. It would take hours to get that manpower organized and was a plan evolving as the hours passed. Searching at night is tricky and dangerous for the searchers, especially volunteer locals. You can bet that every officer, even those who had just worked a full shift, were there - searching until they couldn't see and beyond to midnight. They were back on site at dawn. What do you want from people? Super human powers?

By daylight, the situation had changed and they had teams ready and on site.

Besides, no one would have seen those foot prints in the dark and may have trampled all over them and called that area 'searched'.

There was no evidence that a crime had occurred until the first search was rendered fruitless, the girls didn't answer the calls of searchers, no one saw any trace of them, not even the nearby homeowners and LG didn't answer her phone.

I won't fault the search efforts. Period.

I totally agree----Sad to say, I think they were both dead and gone by the time they were reported missing. :rose: :rose:

This is the first time I have seen things worded this way.
Snapchat murder girls, 13 and 14, may have taken chilling photo of cops’ main suspect moments before they were killed

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/29173...main-suspect-moments-before-they-were-killed/

I know we have all speculated to where the photo came from which brings me to What if's

None of us know what the trigger was that day we all know people respond differently to getting their picture taken unwantedly. I remember being at Macy's recently and this girl that had her pic taken by a woman was ready to throw down, security had to be called.
Note that the Sun article said "may have." Another misleading headline.

I am always very supportive of everyone in a missing persons case. But I said from moment 1, they should have called for thermal imaging help. It's done all the time! Even without foul play, these were kids who were last seen in rough terrain. Hours of an injured child could mean life and death. They didn't have to search the world, but should have searched at least that area around the bridge! There are no leaves and no other people in there at night. So these girls should have been scanned for. I will always have a hard time with that decision. I'm not le and I posted that night about it needing to be done. This should be standard in a case like this. All the factors were perfect.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/watch/how-is-thermal-technology-helping-in-the-manhunt/vp-BBl4CsE

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

They may have called for thermal imaging help, or other search help, but it's unlikely they own that sort of equipment in a small town like that, unless they frequently have hikers go missing. They most likely had to wait for ISP to bring in proper equipment, or borrow it from another LE unit. It could have taken a couple of hours to locate the equipment and another several hours for the equipment operators to gather and move the equipment. When we had an elderly woman get lost in a wooded area near me, it took about three hours to get the helicopter with the thermal imaging equipment here, and it's owned by our own county and only had to come in from about 30 miles away.

New details in the deaths of two Delphi teenagers will be released during an upcoming news conference, police said Tuesday.

Authorities are hosting a briefing at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Delphi United Methodist Church, 1796 U.S. 421, Indiana State Police said in a news release.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/21/new-details-delphi-killings-released/98189878/

First of all, when they schedule a press conference 24 hours in advance, you can rest assured that there isn't going to be some kind of earth shattering information on the horizon.

However...........maybe tomorrow is the day they plan on releasing a few more drips of information in order to generate more tips.

So let's all get a chant started.....video......video.........video......video.......video......video......video !!!

I sure hope this means they have identified him even if they dont know his location at this time.

OT: I was reading another case about a murderer who had escaped jail back in 2003. All this time he has been right in the united states and was only found by ICE this week because he was on the list to be deported. Which means murderers can hide in plain sight for years in a country as large as ours is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny