IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the shape of that man in the initial picture.
I can see a roundness at the waist area as if his hands are in his pockets and his elbows are slightly out. JMOO though.
Someone earlier posted a transcript of Ashley Banfield where they had enlarged the photo and viewed 3 posts to prevent cars from riding on the trail. The transcript is at the beginning of this thread. I agree, it looks like a person and some have thought 2 people but it was also discussed on AB's show when someone there also thought it looked like a person in the background.

About 10 km from shannon airport. Currently.experiencing a storm and 9 mths pregnant so this case has me very emotional.

:welcome: smiler :)

I was supposedly conceived in Carrick-Upon-Shannon when my parents went away for 'a weekend'

(Born back home in Yorkshire though)

I went and vacuumed my condo. Two rugs and rest is hardwood or tile. Quick job.
158 posts later.... [emoji16]Coles notes please!!

Will have to catch up later:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally listened to the audio. Took me all day to gather the courage because I knew I couldn't "un hear" it. I hear 3 words only - "down the hill". MOO ... to me it sounds like the clip is taken from the middle of a complete sentence. I don't hear an order, or a demand or anything authoritative. Just a calm and simple raspy voice - like a smoker, making a statement. JMO MOO

In addition to to what Skib said, scanner traffic is also not considered fact as technically it's preliminary information and we don't hear all follow up.

Plus many listen and don't fully understand all the 10 codes and other things used in scanner traffic and/or how to effectively rule in/out what might be relevant to particular incidents, etc. especially in cases that involve really high traffic cities (larger cities with a lot of freqs, etc.) and it can cause confusion and misunderstanding.

So as one of the many guidelines our great mods have in place on WS to help prevent rumors and misunderstanding (along with very specific guidelines regarding SM, etc.) that's the rule regarding scanner traffic

Many of us listen religiously in/for our own cities and/or for specific cases though :)
Yes, that and also a perp could be monitoring the scanner if online. I think you have to be registered to view and participate in the scanner thread. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

I am not clearly hearing "go" or "get" or anything specifically. It really could be many different words since we're only hearing the last part of it. Sometimes I hear "go" but other times I can hear the end of "get" or even the end of the word "and." It's so hard to tell.

I am also still not sold on it being a command. I am just hearing it in my head as part of a sentence like...."right over there and down the hill" or whatever.

If they catch this guy, maybe we'll get to hear a bit more of the audio at trial or something.
When I first heard it, I was hearing "Gotta go".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Perhaps, but a fake Facebook account might be hard to trace.
Plus a lot of kids apps are very secretive and disappear immediately. There is even an app that is a working calculator that is actually a pass coded vault. No parent would ever know

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Someone earlier posted a transcript of Ashley Banfield where they had enlarged the photo and viewed 3 posts to prevent cars from riding trail. The transcript is at the beginning of this thread. I agree, it looks like a person and some have thought 2 people but it was also discussed on AB's show when someone there also thought it looked like a person in the background.

It's posted in the media thread too . Posted it here earlier ...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ia-maps-amp-timelines&p=13168783#post13168783

Right, like He's "down the hill" or She's "down the hill"

Law enforcement? They never claimed that.

Maybe I'm incorrect? I'm finding it difficult to keep up. I could have sworn they said it was a possibly from a trail cam?

And off topic I got my fiancé to listen who had no clue what he was listening to and he could only heard " young male" [emoji12]

Does anyone know why the pic of abby is very good but the video of the perp is so bad. Anyone explain that to me.

Maybe I'm incorrect? I'm finding it difficult to keep up. I could have sworn they said it was a possibly from a trail cam?

No. At first all they said is that it was from a "video taken in the area"

If it's " not likely " a chance encounter, it seems not likely to be a hitchhiker. Perp had to have at least semi reliable transports to make it bridge when girls were there. Liberty= true hero

You can see the corner of Abby's gray sweatshirt on the left hand side of one of the photos of the man pretty clearly and you know that Libby took the photo. So it seems to me he was leading them already in the photo with no weapon in sight. I'm just so confused. Did he show his weapon to them and tell them to obey and put it away? And was controlling them while not even looking up at them? Or were they just strolling along with this man?

Where do you see Abby's sweatshirt? Thank you! :)

As all cases, when examining unsolved ones, I do tend to look at ones that have been solved. Another poster here brought up Meredith Emerson and Gary Michael Hilton. Meredith did willingly hike with him, for a while, probably trying to be nice, and he turned on her.

No problem. The location, the terrain, and the seemingly short timeframe is what really caught my attention on this case. It seemed to be either incredibly random or a skillful predator with a plan. I can't make sense of it being anything in between.

I can too. Multiple people. That is why I feel they are off the bridge and he is already leading them when that clip was recorded. I think they chose that to release because it is easy to discern the words said and it seems to be one voice only. I hate thinking about it, but I would imagine there was not a lot they could get that didn't have the voices of the girls.

The lower likelihood of it being a chance encounter indicates they have evidence that there was pre-planning.

I feel like they may have said that the voice may not be the same as the guy in the picture. I think this may be to encourage someone who feels they recognize the voice, but not the picture or vice versa, to come forward with the tip and not try to decide for themselves- "That sounds like _____, but the picture doesn't look like him."

The possibility of another perp is very unsettling, but if there is another guy, I think it will make it easier to solve. There would be a lot of stress between two offenders over the video and audio evidence. I am really curious if they have something on that tape that leads them to believe there is an additional perp or if they just aren't ruling it out.
No problem. I hear what sounds like a "g" sound, but I can't be sure what it is, so I'm trying to focus on the things that we've been given as fact. It is hard to do.

The audio up now seems to have had the background noise removed. By the, way, that is an excellent quote by Emerson.

As a father of young girls, this case has me really shaken. Watching the press conference, I just got the feeling that LE is having a very difficult time with this one emotionally and I think a lot of it is because of what's on that tape.

Yes, the Emerson quote is a favorite. And I think your point about the picture and the voice being potentially confusing is well-taken, and I agree that there is little audio that doesn't include the voices of the girls, which means there is audio of the crime. This is chilling.

Do you hear two audios after the background was removed? I heard "get" in the one I listened to on the official site after the presser (much clearer than the one at the presser that was so garbled), and then another on the official site later today. Did they alter it again?

I've thought a lot about this case based on what we know, what's not being said and how tight this investigation and release of info is, and now that my belief that the video stills of the suspect came from Libby's phone is confirmed, how much the video/audio tells the story.

I don't think this was a social media facilitated encounter. I think Libby was too smart to be baited on social media, her grandfather said he had talked to her about safety, he seemed to know how to check her social media/who she may have been in contact with when they were concerned about her, so he's no dummy about this sort of thing, and she obviously knew what to do, even under stress, because she got the suspect on camera and audio, apparently, as something was starting to happen. I may be wrong, but I don't think social media is center stage here.

I believe there is only one perp, that he is a skilled hunter, that he is very familiar with that geography, and had scoped out and planned how to do this sort of crime in that environment. I think it was not an accident that he was there on a school holiday where potential victims would be present. And I think he caught sight of the girls and not only were they alone, they were perhaps observed to be not paying attention to their surrounding, caught up in their activities, perhaps not always close to one another, and moving farther away from other people and toward more isolated terrain.

I really think this is too bold a crime, with two victims to manage, and where a phone is involved (I would think that he saw Libby snapping pics or texting because I think he was stalking them) for it to simply be random chance, or a spontaneous attempt by an inexperienced predator who saw these girls and decided to grab them. (However, maybe he didn't realize she had a phone because I would think he would have searched for that right away.)

I don't think he's just a drifter, but perhaps he comes and goes and knows that area from having lived there, or he is simply a resident hiding in plain sight. In either case, I think he is attracted to that location because it offers victims and terrain that makes his preferred crime relatively easy. I say this because of the ease he seems to have had in moving the girls to his preferred location, completing this crime on someone's private property, and in what seems to be pretty short order.

As far as his clothing and what appears to be layers, he could have been packing rope, zip ties, some sort of incapacitating device or chemical, a weapon such as a knife or a gun, and any number of things he uses in his crime. I do think he was dressed both not out of the norm, and in a way that disguised his features and any items he would use in his crime.

I also think he's not the brightest bulb at the end of the day, because if a 14 year old victim can see you coming and posing a threat and keep it together enough to get you on video and audio, you have not done your homework well enough to ensure not getting caught. I think these types of individuals can be smart as far as their predator instincts lending them to cunning behaviors and strategies, but they are so lacking in complex emotions and genuine inspiration or expanded ideas, they always have a blind spot. They have a dullness to them. As a friend of mine said, "Evil is creative, but unintelligent".

FWIW. I could be entirely wrong about all of this.

The audio clip just sounds so confident. Wouldn't a first timer be in a hurry to isolate them in case he was interrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gymtherapy