IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO his tone of voice being "calm" doesn't have anything to do with the girls awareness of the level of danger they were in. I think it only lays evidence to his state of mind and level of composure during what he probably knew was leading to a heinous act. If liberty was already recording (and possibly only able to get audio at this time though that is unconfirmed) she was most likely already aware they were in immediate danger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(I hate that we call him bridge guy. He is much more than just a guy on the bridge, he is the main suspect in two child homicides. Jmo. Again, it's confusing because it sounds like we are referring to a specific known person with a first and last name, like TK, JW, MR, JLM, RAT, MJK...and as I already posted so confusing for new members.)

I have been wondering what type of a man (maybe older or not) has the balance and agility to walk on the edge of that bridge with his hands in his pockets? Someone who is used to heights, athletic, in good physical condition? What else?

It reminds me of my brother-in-law, who grew up on a farm and continues to keep a hobby farm. He walks with his hands in the pockets all the time, even when it seems really awkward to do so. I think midwestern guys who spend a lot of time outdoors and who do physical work can manage walking on a bridge like that with hands in pocket, at least when not otherwise working or doing something.

Just an observation. BG's demeanor really reminds me of the type of guy who lives in the area.

And if you're wondering who BG is, just ask. My drink is ready.

jmo

As far as the clothes are concerned, I doubt that he will be identified from them. They have probably been discarded, and even if not, we have seen that half the older men in the area seem to wear similar. The rumpled sleeves on the jacket do seem too long making me think it is either borrowed or bought at a Goodwill for this occasion. I don't think most guys would buy a jacket with such long sleeves if they paid full price. The one piece of his garb that could prove more promising would be the fanny pack (if that is what the brown spot is). Not that many men would wear these unless work related. If he wears it regularly, or at work, this could be a lead. Did someone suddenly stop wearing his fanny pack or purchase a new one (or need another from his work)? He might be without it right now, but if this is his usual habit (if he smokes maybe he carries his cigs in it), he will be getting a new one soon. Of course, we don't know for sure whether that is a fanny pack. I wonder if LE does know. Could be a clue, IMO.

Here is a picture of the fanny Pack I located by googling. The triangle shaped logo could be that dark spot seen on the suspect. My ex brother-in-law carried his gun on him in a fanny pack which really got me thinking when I saw the picture. Geocaching.org also sells a brown hip pack for folks to carry their geo accessories while adventuring. Looked very similar.

19e899548793657df30e88ce39cfb1bb.jpg

It reminds me of my brother-in-law, who grew up on a farm and continues to keep a hobby farm. He walks with his hands in the pockets all the time, even when it seems really awkward to do so. I think midwestern guys who spend a lot of time outdoors and who do physical work can manage walking on a bridge like that with hands in pocket, at least when not otherwise working or doing something.

Just an observation. BG's demeanor really reminds me of the type of guy who lives in the area.

And if you're wondering who BG is, just ask. My drink is ready.

jmo

Also keep in mind it was a chilly day not too cold but still chilly. If that person had been out all day then his hands would have been cold. It would have seemed even colder walking over water in an open area.

That looks like the thing near his right pocket. He must be quite a loner since no one has come forward with a name. If someone is hiding him, that person needs to be charged as well

What are the chances of catching this guy if he is a drifter? If family and friends have not seen him in decades would he be recognisable? Would someone think, hey that looks like my brother but it couldn't be, so no one calls it in. Moo.

I wouldn't be surprised. Even he lived in nearby town and held down a job his co-worker's might say, "Looks and sounds like our co-worker, but, no, couldn't be him. He's too laid back and doesn't seem like a pscho." After sketch of the man that attempted to rape a woman in Alexandria was released and LE said his DNA also linked him to Morgan Harrington's murder in Charlottesville VA, Jesse Matthews co-workers made jokes and wise cracks about him looking like the murderer. Matthews was driving a cab in Charlottesville that night and those that knew him never made the connection and never called it in. It wasn't until after Matthews murdered another woman, Hannah Graham in Charlottesville they caught him. And Matthews had tried to rape 2 other women in other towns previously.

Thank you MsMarple! :seeya: I thought the land owner said that. If and when I have time (very busy today) I will check in thread 1 if I can find it.

Quoting myself.
@MsMarple and all, had a quick look around in the first threads and it looks like you were right, it was Sgt Riley and not the land owner.

Rural Indiana native here. I agree with what another user said, many if not most small town Indiana people dress like this guy aged 30+. Once you grow out of your hip-hop, goth, punk, whatever.. phase and get too lazy & unmotivated to try to look cool or edgy, you throw on a generic pair of blue jeans, a random hoodie and/or a jacket and said **** it ... I'm a bumpkin and I give up trying to look cool. Are those jeans and that sweater clean? Okay then I'll wear it. That's the extent of thinking that goes into getting dressed. Thrift stores are often where people get clothes because hey, you're just going to get them dirty working on your car or doing something outside anyways so might as well get something cheap. If you are one of the few who really think its important to look cool, you move to Indianapolis, Chicago, Seattle, etc and don't stay in a town of 3000.

If you're a man 30+ in a town like this and are really stylish or particular it's kind of like.. why are you trying so hard to look cool? Who are you trying to impress with your city boy / metro / hip-hop attire? No one in these towns cares about fashion especially when it comes to men. The pictures to me give very little clues because almost every potential suspect you'd imagine looks like him. 30 to 50, average height, average build, generic bumpkin clothing. Just a random white dude in a town full of random white dudes. (No offense to random Indiana bumpkin white dudes, I'm one myself). Seems like the only way this photo could be effective is if someone saw him wearing that *EXACT* clothing on that exact day. Or is so intimate with the guy that they see his posture in a way others wouldn't pick up on in the "lightbulb" going off, makes your heart race kind of way. Problem with that is he is almost certainly a loner. Maybe has one or two friends and those one or two friends are probably hyper loyal or go weeks without interacting with the guy and wouldn't know what he was wearing on that specific day.

The voice, if it's the same guy makes me think he's more like 45+ years old, sounds like a central Indiana native. (Northern Indiana people have less of a southern accent than he does and Southern Indiana have much stronger southern accents typically).

So what do we really have to work with? We know a generic guy who may be involved was on the bridge at the same time as the girls. They ended up dead Southeast of the cemetery near by. Based on what I've seen, the guy approached them on the south side of that bridge. That's a 1000ft walk BACK across the bridge to get to the other side, a bridge which one wrong step and you're dead. Why does a guy who is apparently so good at going unnoticed talk the risk of holding 2 people hostage on that bridge, force them back across when at any time another hiker could pop out of the north side and catch him when he could have just went south across the bridge into the woods there? What if the girls went back across the bridge on their on free will, went east through the woods near the cemetery out of boredom and someone was parked at that cemetery either visiting or lurking through the woods? I have a hard time believing one guy could or would take them from the south side of the bridge, back across then through the woods. It just doesn't make sense & is way too risky. He could have also followed them back across the bridge unnoticed then caught up with them as they went into the woods. Something about that cemetery being so close by just makes me think it has to be related. Quick access to the bridge, quick access to US 25 and if the girls were hiking through those woods when someone happened to be there, he or they might have heard / seen them there.

Hopefully that's not too speculative, I'm new to this site but can't get this case out of my mind. It's shattered the sense of safety we have and trails like these were a big part of my life growing up, now I fear the next generation isn't going to be able to enjoy them like we did. This guy or guys needs to pay.

TLDR; We need more evidence made public in this case or a DNA match. Maybe the killer(s) parked at the cemetery near by. The guy looks and sounds like a LOT of people from central Indiana.

Welcome and great first post!

[bbm]

they've had thousands(?) of tips - I'd guess a significant number of them were names but it takes time to assess, investigate, rule out

That looks like the thing near his right pocket. He must be quite a loner since no one has come forward with a name. If someone is hiding him, that person needs to be charged as well

RTV6 Indianapolis @rtv6
JUST IN: FBI moves to larger headquarters for Delphi investigation
[video=twitter;835959848705667073]https://twitter.com/rtv6/status/835959848705667073[/video]
Wow, the FBI is going all out on this case!

Also keep in mind it was a chilly day not too cold but still chilly. If that person had been out all day then his hands would have been cold. It would have seemed even colder walking over water in an open area.

ITA... IMO there would be wind or at the least a chilly breeze.

I'm inclined to think he meant just not by vehicle. When we saw the pic of RL walking to the area with the reporter (detective??), IMO a horse could make it into that area very easily.

Who is RL?

Quick Q on what i can post. So researching properties (adjacent to Iowa and Indiana scenes within 300-500 yards of both) on my excavation question mark shaped ponds theory (both are man made). Anyway I find one of the names associated with the property is tied to BNI the rail road company. What do I do?

I am confused about the significant of question mark shaped ponds.

Nobody is hiding him. That picture looks like it could be anyone. It could be my father in law who lives in the area.

It could be my ex-wife's grandfather, who also lives in the area.

I'm not going to call them in because it could be them.

That picture could be any man in Indiana on any given Tuesday.

RTV6 Indianapolis @rtv6
JUST IN: FBI moves to larger headquarters for Delphi investigation
[video=twitter;835959848705667073]https://twitter.com/rtv6/status/835959848705667073[/video]
Wow, the FBI is going all out on this case!

Wow indeed.

Good. Hope this ends soon.

jmo

Hi All,

I'm still back in 12 desperately trying to read "most" of the post so I don't go over what has already been said; however, it seems to happen any how.

Now a poster mentioned she thought it was a rope that was sticking out of his coat up top, I also have been thinking that to be the case. It then dawned on me that if it was in fact a rope, this would be the way he could keep them together without one running off. .... what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thecheese