IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read many claims here about how this guy planned this out and knew exactly what he was doing and so on.

One question comes to mind.

If his intentions at the time he is seen walking across the bridge are to kidnap or harm the girls why expose himself in the open at all?
Why not just hide in the woods until they were close enough and confront them?

When you think about it...it makes no sense that he would walk across this bridge if he had planned this in advance

I can only answer for myself but I believe he walks out there often and thinks about/waits for his ideal scenario for this crime, and this just happened to be the day that he saw what he felt was the opportunity he'd been waiting for while he was out walking routinely as I suspect he often does.

SBM - I missed the conversation you're referring to but still wanted to comment on this - my own belief since day one has been that what sounds like "g down the hill" is the end of a word, NOT a shortened version of "go" or "git"... for example, if someone said "jog down the hill" or similar. Now, I admit i haven't come up with a phrase that seems to me that it would make sense in this context, but it's just what my ear continues to decipher it as. FWIW, I live "up north" and do not often hear southern/midwestern accents, so it's possibly a sort of confirmation bias on my part that if this was a recording of someone from my area they would not SAY "g' " for "go" or for "git" (or "git" in general) so maybe that's why my ears were so quick to assign the "g" sound to the ending sound of a previous word as opposed to a shortened version of "go".

Might as well toss it out there since we've got nothing else to go on just now.

I'm one state below you and I do sometimes say "g' " for "go."

They've made a mistake, that isn't what she was wearing it's an old photo that just happens to have her in a tie dye, similar to the day they went missing. she had on gray sweatpants not those black leggings.

Check this link, here is says and show what the two girls was wearing when they disappeared:

[video=twitter;831560713462222848]https://twitter.com/FOX59/status/831560713462222848[/video]

That looks too much like a little dog to not be a little dog.

9290a126c68444448df0e644ca933941.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

ITA. Standard Poodle?

I'm one state below you and I do sometimes say "g' " for "go."

Funny thing is, when I go to family reunions down near the southern PA border, everyone sounds SO DIFFERENT. that accent is very southern to me. We definitely sound quite different up on the southern central/eastern NY border. Linguistics is fascinating!

I have read many claims here about how this guy planned this out and knew exactly what he was doing and so on.

If his intentions at the time he is seen walking across the bridge are to kidnap or harm the girls why expose himself in the open at all?

When you think about it...it makes no sense that he would walk across this bridge if he had planned this in advance
Opportunity, I believe the perp saw his chance, no other people around, and moved on it. {IMO}

I think he saw the opportunity and took it.
No one was around. If someone walked past he would have moved on. Sadly they were all alone.

Check this link, here is says and show what the two girls was wearing when they disappeared:

[video=twitter;831560713462222848]https://twitter.com/FOX59/status/831560713462222848[/video]

They made a mistake on Libby's part. Not anywhere NEAR the first time I've seen FOX59 make a mistake in this case. I won't even click their links anymore because of that. JMO

I was thinking last night about the connection to the girls RE:social media.

Firstly, if he and one of the victims were connected online then he would have at least some basic knowledge of the way social media works. And he would know, I am sure that every time he connected with the girls, either as himself or as a 'fake' profile his ip address would have been registered. Unless he was using a proxy server.
If he was using a proxy server then he would not have been sloppy in regards to the girl/s phones IMO (Not sure LE has ever released if Abby had her own phone at the time) If he was savvy enough to know that he needed a proxy server I cant believe he would have been that lax in making sure he took the girls phone/s as soon as he had the girls controlled :(
Of course Libbys audio/pictures could have been uploaded to the cloud (or something similar) but if the phone was just left to record, say in libby pocket. I cant believe he wouldnt have attempted to look for a phone once the girls were subdued :( I am not sure what happens to a recording in progress if say the phone is destroyed before it is saved, and as we don't know what phone, or model (as capabilities vary greatly between even the same phones depending on age) we can only take educated guesses.

IF the girls and this POI were connected on SM and with the help of the FBI and homeland security ( If I am remembering right) I am sure they would have scoured everything they had of Libby and Abbys online presence and they would have a firmer idea of where the perp is from. They fact they are flooding most of the US with billboards doesnt fit this, unless of course they think he is on the run. Or he is a transient person (not homeless, just no fixed abode)

MOO.

Hi, well a quick search shows they used to be, who knows how long he's had items, or even bought off eBay or thrift shop?

I was only commenting on my perception of the possible logo & then saw thyme had also spotted the similarity.

I've been wearing those close for fifteen years, not in those year.

Nothing would last longer than it.

It's a sweater, not a fanny pack anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They made a mistake on Libby's part. Not anywhere NEAR the first time I've seen FOX59 make a mistake in this case. I won't even click their links anymore because of that. JMO

Ok, so what was Libby waring when she disappeared?
And how do you know that she was not wearing what Fox59 is stating ?

How do we know? The description of clothing given by police when the girls were reported missing. 'Tie dyed tshirt with tassles and grey sweat pants' That photo of Libby was circulated AFTER because she was wearing the same tie dyed top she had on in the pic, poor reporting then follows.. because we have a photo of Abby, taken on the bridge wearing what she had on of course, it then is assumed both pics are showing what both girls wore, the pic of Libby is only showing the shirt she wore. Hope that makes sense

All of the articles I have read stated that Liberty was wearing a tie dye shirt similar to the one in the picture, and grey pants. So I took that as this picture was just giving an idea of what she was wearing not an actual picture from that day.

going back through historical articles, I found this one posted at 10:29pm on February 13th, which stated a couple of things that I know have been discussed since (bolded parts are bolded by me):

Carroll County Sheriff Toby Leazenby said Abigail "Abby" Williams and Liberty "Libby" German were last seen around 1 p.m. when they were dropped off near an abandoned railroad bridge known as "Monon High Bridge," east of Delphi.

The girls were supposed to meet at the same location to be picked up later in the afternoon, but they never showed.

AMBER ALERT | Amber Alert issued for 15-year-old girl abducted from Gary, Indiana

The family contacted police around 5:30 p.m. and crews have been out searching the area around the old railroad bridge. The girl's cell phones are either dead or turned off.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-missing-after-being-dropped-off-to-go-hiking

Just sharing because we've speculated about where they were supposed to be picked up (now we know, it was at the same place they were dropped off, wherever THAT was exactly)... and because now we know that by 10:29pm Monday night, Libby's phone was dead (we also now know what the author of this article didn't yet at the time - only Libby had a cellphone). IMO it probably ran itself out of batter y because IMO it was probably left recording and hidden in her pocket of her sweatpants, which IMO suggests that there was no sexual assault. ALL of this is JMO. We do now know where her phone was found. Some might even correct me to say we don't know IF her phone was found. I disagree with that for several reasons but none are ones I want to debate right now. JMO.

Funny thing is, when I go to family reunions down near the southern PA border, everyone sounds SO DIFFERENT. that accent is very southern to me. We definitely sound quite different up on the southern central/eastern NY border. Linguistics is fascinating!

Yes, accents are funny! People tell me I have one but I certainly don't hear it. LOL.

Because of all the other articles quoted in just the past ten pages of this very thread we're currently in that state exactly what she WAS wearing. Just go back some pages and read the posts, the information is there waiting.

ETA: here, I'll just do it myself:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-missing-after-being-dropped-off-to-go-hiking

"Libby is described as standing 5'4" tall with a heavy build. She has blonde shoulder-length hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a tie-dyed shirt with fringe at the bottom, gray sweat pants with unknown black lettering and black Nike shoes.

Abby is described as standing 5'4" tall with a small build, medium length blonde hair and hazel eyes. She was last seen wearing a gray zip-up sweatshirt with a burgundy T-shirt underneath and blue jeans."

Please...let's not start a poodle rumor. Yesterday's rumor was bad enough.

I don't buy this guy wears or buys American Eagle Outfitters. I'm 35 and it's too young for me. Also: their sizes, even for men, run small and are fitted. They are also quite expensive, compared to say something you'd get at Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member