UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it really is down to either ..
the actual weight being written down in the incorrect box, or
the incorrect box being read ...
or ... a late thought ... someone did record it as 100kg and when that info was transferred to maybe a database, someone went ' 100kg ????????? no way ,,, its usually about 10' .... and as the info was not needed for costing purposes they simply altered it

Thanks for the response I do have to slightly disagree there is a difference between 11kg and over 100kg so something was wrong somewher. I don't think anyone said the calibration of the weighing machine was wrong in fact we were told the machine had been checked and found to be in good working order. Don,t forget we are only going on what we were told as fact as did the police and family perhaps if we were told 100kg in the first instance we would have probably all assumed he was in the bin and not followed the case. :cheers:

How did they find out that an error had been made regarding the 11kgs? Did BIFFA inform them of this? After HS was bailed to reappear at a later date, is it possible that he is in the union and they stepped in to get the company to confirm that a error had been made?

In fact, the more i think of that last option, the more i think that is probably what happened. The weight was recorded as 100kg, maybe on paper .... and then when that was added to a database, someone thought .. 100kg ????????? that can't be right ....

I think it really is down to either ..
the actual weight being written down in the incorrect box, or
the incorrect box being read ...
or ... a late thought ... someone did record it as 100kg and when that info was transferred to maybe a database, someone went ' 100kg ????????? no way ,,, its usually about 10' .... and as the info was not needed for costing purposes they simply altered it

What the Police need to do - and I have NO DOUBT they haven't done this, is:

Get a phone exactly the same make as CMs, put it on the same network, put it in the back of the actual truck, and drive it about and see if it can ping the masts.

If the back of the truck is earthed and it can't, he was in the cab and it's a murder.

If it can then maybe he was in the back and it's an accident.

They might be able to see the signal strength of the phone and infer one or the other.

But either way they NEED to do this to MAKE SURE.

<modsnip>

Get a phone exactly the same make as CMs, put it on the same network, put it in the back of the actual truck, and drive it about and see if it can ping the masts.

If the back of the truck is earthed and it can't, he was in the cab and it's a murder.

They might be able to see the signal strength of the phone and infer one or the other.

<modsnip>

Yep spot on and it was suggested, probably by yourself, when news of the pings was made public to do this

BBC Look East report including a short statement from Nicola - "I don't understand how the process has allowed him to get to landfill, it just... that was one thing that I think that was trying to keep me believing that Corrie could still be alive, was that I was so sure, because of what the police have said to us, that he couldn't go through that process, and it doesn't appear that that's the case now so, it is really difficult to accept"

She goes on to say that there are many things that need investigating but now is not the time, need to find Corrie first.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08h338c/look-east-late-news-07032017

I feel an IPCC inquiry brewing.

How did they find out that an error had been made regarding the 11kgs? Did BIFFA inform them of this? After HS was bailed to reappear at a later date, is it possible that he is in the union and they stepped in to get the company to confirm that a error had been made?
I'm wondering if the arrest allowed police to obtain some data they couldn't legally obtain before.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response I do have to slightly disagree there is a difference between 11kg and over 100kg so something was wrong somewher. I don't think anyone said the calibration of the weighing machine was wrong in fact we were told the machine had been checked and found to be in good working order. Don,t forget we are only going on what we were told as fact as did the police and family perhaps if we were told 100kg in the first instance we would have probably all assumed he was in the bin and not followed the case. :cheers:
Do you have a link for the machine being in good working order? I still have doubts because the previous SP update said there was no trace of C found in the bin or lorry. And the family clearly stated he wasn't in the lorry too so we still have anomalies IMO.

Do you have a link for the machine being in good working order? I still have doubts because the previous SP update said there was no trace of C found in the bin or lorry. And the family clearly stated he wasn't in the lorry too so we still have anomalies IMO.

The family said that possibly because that's what the police line was, that he couldn't be there.

Now Nicola seems to think that the police misled them.

Of course you also have the possibility that he was in the cab for some of the distance then ended up in the back...

Oh Blimey I will go and look I think it was UT - I will be back

BBC Look East report including a short statement from Nicola - "I don't understand how the process has allowed him to get to landfill, it just... that was one thing that I think that was trying to keep me believing that Corrie could still be alive, was that I was so sure, because of what the police have said to us, that he couldn't go through that process, and it doesn't appear that that's the case now so, it is really difficult to accept"

She goes on to say that there are many things that need investigating but now is not the time, need to find Corrie first.

N obviously is looking at how he could have been missed in the waste process so many times if what she has been told (the transfer station, the sorting , incineration etc) was true. If he's not in landfill.......

I just went back to thread #1 and found this post from Happygirl - not the first mention of landfill but most others were to do with the phone only:

10-20-2016, 06:06 PM
#455 Happygirl
Join Date Oct 2016
Posts 22

I think the sniffer dogs should be taken up to the landfills and recycling ASAP

Also this one from PilgrimsPrayer

10-21-2016, 11:19 PM
#601 PilgrimsPrayer
Join Date Oct 2016
Posts 329

I have a couple of theories for consideration.
Firstly that he did indeed enter one of the bins, possibly to hide (note his shadow in the CCTV shows moving at pace). He is then collected by the bin wagon, in which he meets a desperately sad demise, or alternatively he escaped the wagon but succumbed to injuries somewhere on the A1101. The real red herring for me is the bin weight. The only bins collected on weight are those that contain landfill waste, and even those are typically done on a price per bin. On a Biffa corporate contract I would expect there to be a price per bin providing it is not pre- compacted waste. If the bin contained landfill waste it probably would be too full to take Corrie. If the bin contained paper or recyclables then it definitely would not be weighed as the norm is to collect for free and make a return on the sale of the pulp. 15kg could simply be an estimate. Ultimately do not let the 15kg be the determining factor in ruling this out.

No Dave, I don't know better but prefer SP statements to your opinions as is our prerogative on WS. The previous SP update confirmed no trace of C in the lorry so unless they say that was wrong, that is what I will use as my source as allowed by the WS rules.

The family said that possibly because that's what the police line was, that he couldn't be there.

Now Nicola seems to think that the police misled them.
16 min 25 sec in the place we should not link to UT video. Very interesting actually.

In that scenario, where's the proof that he's dead?

Thanks Cagney. I watched her earlier but couldn't find a link to post. She was visibly upset, just holding it together. I felt anger and emotion myself to be very honest, and yes I totally agree IPCC coming, the markers were all there and rightly so IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona