UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your link

"Det Supt Katie Elliott told the BBC: "I have a strong belief that we will find him here."

Asked for her reaction to the delay in the correct information about the weight of the lorry's load coming to light, she replied: "It's frustrating for me, I think it must be terribly frustrating for Corrie's family.""

Is she kidding, she thinks it must be frustrating ?!?!

Where has she been since September? SP's media trainer might need to have a word.

Blimey!! I've been against police bashing so far, but this is :notgood:

ITA, Biffa have so many questions to answer here, totally not their fault that C was in a bin (if he was) but pretty much everything else, people being hounded on SM, anguish for the family, £££££ of public money on a wild goosechase is down to them. You have perfectly summed it up in a few words.

JMO

To some degree you are right, but I blame the police too. Even on this forum, many including me, have been asking the question what makes them believe 33lbs is correct. I have said over and over, what is the usual weight and how are the records kept. IMO the police should have made a major focus on the bin lorry given they also apparently had an absolute belief he could not walk out without being seen. Given that, he had to ride out in a vehicle, and one was the Lorry. If one investigator had just had some skepticism when reviewing the bin data, we would have found this out months ago.

To some degree you are right, but I blame the police too. Even on this forum, many including me, have been asking the question what makes them believe 33lbs is correct. I have said over and over, what is the usual weight and how are the records kept. IMO the police should have made a major focus on the bin lorry given they also apparently had an absolute belief he could not walk out without being seen. Given that, he had to ride out in a vehicle, and one was the Lorry. If one investigator had just had some skepticism when reviewing the bin data, we would have found this out months ago.

I have made some posts criticisng the police over the course of how ever many tthreads we're up to now and have sometimes been agreed with, sometimes not.

I haven't changed my mind that they could have done a better job

JMO

Today I was working in a different location to my normal one and was given a desk overlooking the bin area at the workplace.

Having been able to spend time looking at the sie of the bins, which I think were the same size as the ones in the HS, I can't see how a tall man could fit in without being doubled up, the floor area is too small to be in anything other than a fetal position which doesn't IMO fit with C wanting to sleep some more but otoh I can't see how one person could physically lift another into a bin by themselves.

I'm still confused

I think if C was hypothermic he possibly wasn't thinking straight. He just wanted someplace warmer. Logical thinking may not have been present. He maybe was sitting upright in the bin and fell asleep that way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still don't see why he wouldn't have phoned the friends he had been with, to see if they were still in town. Or at least go back to his car.

From 13:05 on this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-suffolk-38974780

"Managing director Forbes McKenzie said his firm collated information from social media posts and phone calls to help provide Suffolk Police
with data surrounding the case.He said a number of individuals had commented on the bins in the "horseshoe" area at Bury St Edmunds, and the bin lorry which appeared to follow the same route as the airman's phone.
Mr McKenzie said there were "lots of comments" from people who worked in the waste disposal industry who said the information provided about the bins did not add up.
"We would like to think we had something to do with directing [police] to that [landfill] site," he said. "

Are they really suggesting they had ANYTHING to do with the latest developments because people suggested they should search the bins on Facebook? They were paid thousands of pounds to tell the police that Facebook followers thought they should check the bins?! Which the family had been asking for since week 1 anyway? Insane.

I have missed a couple of pages so this may have been asked - but how much do these bins weigh when empty ?

From 13:05 on this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-suffolk-38974780

"Managing director Forbes McKenzie said his firm collated information from social media posts and phone calls to help provide Suffolk Police
with data surrounding the case.He said a number of individuals had commented on the bins in the "horseshoe" area at Bury St Edmunds, and the bin lorry which appeared to follow the same route as the airman's phone.
Mr McKenzie said there were "lots of comments" from people who worked in the waste disposal industry who said the information provided about the bins did not add up.
"We would like to think we had something to do with directing [police] to that [landfill] site," he said. "

Are they really suggesting they had ANYTHING to do with the latest developments because people suggested they should search the bins on Facebook? They were paid thousands of pounds to tell the police that Facebook followers thought they should check the bins?! Which the family had been asking for since week 1 anyway? Insane.

They were paid 50,000...

[FONT=&amp]...The net worth of the agency, founded by former soldier Forbes McKenzie in 2011, is £153. And accounts lodged with Companies House in March 2016 suggest they are owed £57,811.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“A look at their website raises the question why such an agency, without any visible experience in the field of missing person inquiries and lacking transparency or financial probity, should have been selected to conduct the investigation – especially when the cost for the engagement is sourced from publicly-donated funds."[/FONT]

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/family-corrie-mckeague-warned-50k-9712968

And...

[FONT=&amp]...claims the ABI contacted Nicola and offered to assist in the search for Dunfermline-born Corrie pro bono – free of charge – but got no reply.

So instead of using a reputable org free of charge, 50,000 was spent on a group of unknowns.[/FONT]

I have missed a couple of pages so this may have been asked - but how much do these bins weigh when empty ?
I've just checked on Biffa's website, it shows the different bins & sizes but doesn't give a weight??

I'm lost for words having read the police update.

There are some serious questions to be answered by Biffa now IMO, their legal department will be having a sleepless night tonight IMO

I have never thought C was in the bin as the family was so sure the weight was correct, UT specifically said the calibration had been checked very early on so someone's been lying since the start.

It seems likely now that we are going to find a catalogue of errors

bin not locked

bin not checked by driver

waste either not checked or checked and body hidden

clean up of evidence in bin lorry or wrong lorry checked

landfill not searched sooner

Heartbreaking for the family

JMO

I'm quoting myself because I've seen someone has posted this on FB as their own comment, isn't it netiquette to acknowledge the source of a post? Has this happened to any other posters?

How can she be so unsympathetic and so unapologetic...
Arrogance pure and simple from the start of the investigation they've been more worried about looking like they were taking orders from NC and family than just doing there jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my previous research I remember figures as light as 58KG for plastic and as high as 107KG for metal.

It's fanciful at best for MIS to claim any kind of credit for anything.

In various places I've seen members of the public who work in the waste industry sharing their knowledge and expertise for free, we've had posters here who've done excatly that wanting nothing more than to help out.

MIS should be ashamed if they've taken any money for suggesting they search the landfil

I'm quoting myself because I've seen someone has posted this on FB as their own comment, isn't it netiquette to acknowledge the source of a post? Has this happened to any other posters?

She has literally cut and pasted it, how rude!! I would message her if I were you...

I also looked at sites that sell the bins and 50kg rings a bell for me too

Yeah just checked again and the all plastic ones are in the 50-60KG range. The Biffa ones in the horseshoe appear to be metal bodied ones so probably >100KG empty.

Question: Is it likely the bin lorry emptied it's load at Red Lodge WTS given the time (very early ~06:00?) and day (Saturday) and then transferred to the landfill on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beauxhope34