IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is no way being directed to the PO, we had a 75-year-old neighbor that lived in our subdivision that had literally lost his mind when school kids walked onto his grass. He put up stakes and rope and even patrolled his grass by displaying a BB-Gun against young children "cutting" across his "pristine" lawn.

(I recently saw an episode of "Fear Thy Neighbor" on ID which was similar. Actually, thinking about it more, I've seen a couple episodes with similar themes. Sometimes the old person has dementia, very sad. There was one episode where the man had even lived next door to the family for years and was their friend...)

Do you think LE and investigators on this case read our threads?

My opinion is yes. That's the main reason I post here. And to pass anything along that might be useful.

(Eta: Thinking about this further, this is the only reason I post here. Hope that doesn't sound rude. Of course I love you guys and all, we are a family of sorts, lol, but I'm here to help solve cases. Yes I post happy baby giraffe's and all that, but I am 100 percent here to try to help in these situations. I know sometimes we drive LE crazy, and it must be so irritating for them to read speculations and untrained viewpoints. The way I look at it is, for example, if I'm posting an msm article, usually my thought is, "if this case goes cold, I've/we've got some files for you to look through to see if anything stands out. Collective brainstorming, the more eyes, the more brains...". I also want to help use my talents or gifts for productive purposes like this but do not want to be an LE officer for many reasons including I'm too sensitive, lol, so, I try to do what I can from a distance, but it sucks because you don't have access to the facts in the investigation that LE has. )

FBI was brought in fairly fast with Hannah Graham, but not with Morgan Harrington. I find myself wondering why certain missing persons or deceased the FBI arrives super fast. Yet they pass on other cases.

Have there been a lot of child murders in Delphi? To me, IMO, this is the big difference compared to prior criminal activity in the area and this is the only "twist" LE was referring to, IMO.
I agree with you but that's just speculation as I don't know the statistics of how many child murders they have had, let alone two at once. :( JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Do you think LE and investigators on this case read our threads? Just hit the Thanks if you do, no need to make many responses, unless you feel compelled.

I am feeling kind of down about this case tonight. It is still young in the investigation, but I am worried. I can't imagine how the families of these two sweet girls must go on day to day, without a lead. Anyway, for what it's worth, any attention to this case is good attention. Jabarn

I agree it was out of the league of the local police but not necessarily because of a signature. Local FBI and homeland security agents often get involved in high profile, violent murders even in areas that do see a greater number of homicides (Detroit for example). Especially, though, in an area of very low violent crime, it is not surprising at all that they would seek assistance and pool resources. I don't see it as anything more significant than that. JMO.

"Investigators picked up some help today from homeland security in Tippecanoe County. Police are using their communication satellite. Officers say this creates more phone lines and a faster internet connection."

https://www.wishtv.com/2017/02/17/a...igation-community-comes-together-to-help/amp/

You are exactly right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FBI was brought in fairly fast with Hannah Graham, but not with Morgan Harrington. I find myself wondering why certain missing persons or deceased the FBI arrives super fast. Yet they pass on other cases.

I think it depends on what local LE needs at the time. How many extra resources they need, how many tips they need to field and assign, do they need search dogs brought in, cyber experts, etc.

Was there video footage in Morgan's case? There was quite a bit of footage in Hannah's case and LE knew they needed help to find the killer.

My feeling is this was different than other crimes. It has a distinct signature. It was likely out of the league of the local police department.

Cybercrime is one possible reason FBI HS is in there

I still believe this crime happened very quickly, As stated by MSM from a source involved or familiar with the investigation(not sure of the wording here so don't quote me). Stated that the rest of the audio and or video(we don't know which they were refering to) Was what "Nightmares are made of". That tends to lead me to believe whatever happened, escilated very rapidly. I really think its highly likely that BG was gone before LE was even contacted. Whether it be that he walked back to his home, drove away, or kept trucking down the open highway. Personally I am still on team local and think that Delphi will probably be shocked when the perp is arrested. JMOO

Or maybe the recording is "what nightmares are made" of because it was a long drawn out ordeal. Could really be interpreted both ways.

I think it depends on what local LE needs at the time. How many extra resources they need, how many tips they need to field and assign, do they need search dogs brought in, cyber experts, etc.

Was there video footage in Morgan's case? There was quite a bit of footage in Hannah's case and LE knew they needed help to find the killer.

You are right. Also, Hannah was a student at UVA which may have prompted local LE to call them in. Not wanting to let the school down, etc. Morgan in from out of town.

Hey folks. I've been lurking a few threads for a while, but I haven't posted anything, really. Please forgive me if this has been answered. I'm almost certain it has at some point, but this many threads in, and not being well versed with the navigation of the site, I may have missed it. So, here goes.

I've been wondering about their SM. I know they were posting to Snapchat once they were on the bridge, but does anyone know if they posted anything about going to the bridge that day prior to their arrival? Like I said, I'm a lurker here, could there have been a lurker on one or both of their SM profiles that could have made BG aware they were going to be there?

I've not seen anything that confirms that Libby or Abby posted on SM that they were going there. I may have missed those posts if something was confirmed.

Be that as it may, I'm sure that LE has scoured their SM accounts to find any valuable/useful information. I'm also sure they examined their computers at their homes to see if there were any contacts they may have made with someone on the internet. There is the possibility that they met up with someone they met online, but IMO, I don't think that was the case. But it was one of my first theories when I heard about the murders, because it seemed inconceivable that they just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, which is now a distinct possibility. MOO

And as you may have discovered in these past weeks, LE has been very tight-lipped during this entire investigation. The have granted interviews with the media, but their answers to many questions is that "they can't discuss that at this time." So much of what we speculate on here may be answered when they make an arrest. At least I'm hoping so.

Not trying to derail the convo, but just read a story about a convicted serial killer who was only given 12 years in Canada and is living a normal life with her three kids. I guess hubby was the main guy in crime, but not really whenever you read into it. Just interesting is all. Maybe someone like this was involved. I'm still a believer it's a transient on parole or something like that. http://www.680news.com/2016/04/19/karla-homolka-found-living-in-the-montreal-suburb-of-chateauguay/
Karla Holmka is just as evil as Paul I don't have to click the link I know who you're talking about. She made the deal of a lifetime no doubt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I agree with you but that's just speculation as I don't know the statistics of how many child murders they have had, let alone two at once. :( JMO.

When the sheriff was interviewed in the 'twist' video, he indicated the only double murder they had had before the girls was a set of grandparents murdered by their grandchildren in the 90s I believe.

I remember reading that the last murder of any kind in Delphi was in the early 2000s. I think it was 2002 and it sounded like one person was killed in some kind of dispute and it was an adult.

It is more the oddity of the statement made. Just stood out to me. Could just be because he is distraught looking back at the past. I just thought it odd.

I don't think it's too odd, I think people try to make connections to crime scenes even if they are not important or tentative at best. For example, if there is a robbery at a gas station in a town you use to live in, you might say "I use to go there all the time".

Yes..but let's try to think why it is different

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Two things stand out to me. Putting the suspect's photo on thousands of electronic billboards even in distant states. And the $200,000+ reward. It feels urgent, like an Amber Alert, even though the young ladies have been found. moo

Why Homeland Security though?

In the state of Indiana the Department of Homeland Security assists with communications, especially in rural areas and small towns.

They've specifically stated all along that they do NOT know if the audio and video are of the same person in fact, going to far as to say it may NOT be the same person in both, so you could be right. JMO

I think this may be the "twist", and what makes this case "complicated".

Wow thanks for that link. I do much better reading than listening and Mr. Logan sounds devastated in the interview he also said the crime scene was pristine and I think that says something about how they were killed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I realize several have mentioned the 'pristine' crime scene and what just hit me, is...what I would like to know is HOW does he know it was pristine? Yes, it is his property...but if it was taped off...LE and CSI and FBI all over the place...how would he know it was 'pristine'? Not being snarky, not accusing....it just hit me as I sat here.
Wasn't that his first interview..a day or so after the girls were found? What was he doing back there? What was ANYONE doing there besides LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb