IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible the neighbors didn't know how the victims got to the place they were found? Could it simply mean they believed based on the terrain that the girls had been forced to WALK THERE?

I've been loosely following this, forgive me if I'm not on top of things, my hard drive has crashed and I can't get to any of my data or maps right now. I'd done a map for this, the other day, based on this time of year so I could see the lay of the land. I think, that if they walked through the woods on the side of RL's property, that it would have to have been up, away from the creekside. It just seems too thick, steep, and uneven. However, up higher from the creekside, I think they could have walked it. I'm not a spring chicken any more and I've scrambled around in all kinds of places, so I see it doable, but I don't see anyone carrying someone. The tracks would show that on soft earth too. It did appear that it would be easier for them to exit on the opposite side of the bridge, from RL's property, go down, walk right along the outskirts of the drive/road that is 625W and went down the bank, across the creek, and ended up on RL's property. If they'd done any planning they knew this was a school's out day, and most everyone else would be at work. Just tossing it out there.

JMO, but a couple of reasons, among others. Number one, the victims were minors. Number two, there is an FBI field office in Indy. Almost any time a heinous, violent crime occurs in a town with an FBI field office nearby, the Feds jump.in pretty quickly in varying capacities.

Anyone recall the Amanda Blackburn murder in Indy? Seems the FBI and state police work closely with the local jurisdictions in that area. JMO
Amanda Blackburn sounds familiar..refresh slightly plz.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

In one of the earlier threads there was a link to a news video that played the actual radio traffic of the search party. I recall the radio call indicating that they found foot prints and asking people to stay away from that area.

Thanks a lot! I completely missed that one. If you ever happen to come across that link again, would you please re-post it?

Maybe it's more about adding resources to solve a crime as fast as possible, rather than LE incompetence as you describe. Just my opinion.

Oh no! Please don't think I meant police incompetence by any means! Delphi has a very small police force. They did the right thing asking for help from state and federal investigators. They did so quickly. They should be celebrated for doing so! This is national news, one of the toughest crimes I know of. The Delphi police recognized that and wasted no time calling in the experts.

This is no way being directed to the PO, we had a 75-year-old neighbor that lived in our subdivision that had literally lost his mind when school kids walked onto his grass. He put up stakes and rope and even patrolled his grass by displaying a BB-Gun against young children "cutting" across his "pristine" lawn.

I was also wondering if the BG told the girls they were trespassing--that's how he got the to go down the hill.

Have LE at any time said this voice is the voice of the man in the image captured on Liberty's phone?
Just putting it out there, I think the "twist" is that the voice and the BG picture are two different people.That would make this situation "complicated" if they didn't want that known for what ever reason.
Of course I could be completely way off course but that has been my impression since the day the girls were found and i'm yet to see anything that's made me change my mind, if anything I feel more certain each time LE do a press conference. They seem to squirm when media asks anything regarding that subject.

Just curious...have you listened to the entire interview that mentions the "twist?"

JMO, but a couple of reasons, among others. Number one, the victims were minors. Number two, there is an FBI field office in Indy. Almost any time a heinous, violent crime occurs in a town with an FBI field office nearby, the Feds jump.in pretty quickly in varying capacities.

Anyone recall the Amanda Blackburn murder in Indy? Seems the FBI and state police work closely with the local jurisdictions in that area. JMO
That is what I am getting at....many minors are missing in Indianapolis and the FBI are not called in. Is this case somehow cyber related, intrastate related and some clue given overnight by someone close to the situation?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I think "pristine" simply meant that he saw no obvious signs of a struggle.

This was my thinking, too. Perhaps the leaves/ground didn't look disturbed, no signs of broken twigs/saplings, no sign of blood (perhaps there was but he couldn't see it), no sign of trash (previous partiers...although LE would have bagged it). I believe he meant that other than the crime scene tape, to the untrained eye, one would never suspect something was amiss. Just my two cents...

Have LE at any time said this voice is the voice of the man in the image captured on Liberty's phone?
Just putting it out there, I think the "twist" is that the voice and the BG picture are two different people.That would make this situation "complicated" if they didn't want that known for what ever reason.
Of course I could be completely way off course but that has been my impression since the day the girls were found and i'm yet to see anything that's made me change my mind, if anything I feel more certain each time LE do a press conference. They seem to squirm when media asks anything regarding that subject.

They've specifically stated all along that they do NOT know if the audio and video are of the same person in fact, going to far as to say it may NOT be the same person in both, so you could be right. JMO

My feeling is this was different than other crimes. It has a distinct signature. It was likely out of the league of the local police department.
I agree it was out of the league of the local police but not necessarily because of a signature. Local FBI and homeland security agents often get involved in high profile, violent murders even in areas that do see a greater number of homicides (Detroit for example). Especially, though, in an area of very low violent crime, it is not surprising at all that they would seek assistance and pool resources. I don't see it as anything more significant than that. JMO.

"Investigators picked up some help today from homeland security in Tippecanoe County. Police are using their communication satellite. Officers say this creates more phone lines and a faster internet connection."

https://www.wishtv.com/2017/02/17/a...igation-community-comes-together-to-help/amp/

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This is an interesting post. Thank you. Well thought out.

I tell you what though, these videos and press conferences show me. All the guys in this town dress similar and have same hats and build. It's just what you wear there clothes wise.

Sadly that that means everyone gets fingers pointed.

Must be an absolute nightmare for mods on here and LE and more importantly the innocent and their families.

True that most men seem to dress alike, but it's frustrating that we really don't know even basics about this guy. I wonder how many of the tips point to bushy brown haired guys? He may be bald or have a long pony tail.

Has it ever been explained why the two girls have different death dates?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

LE has not released the Death certificates for as official time/date of death. Although I believe you are probably referencing the girls obits that had different days of death. LE has not commented on that. And I can just say that like others have said. Obits are not always 100 percent factual in these cases as many times they are written before the corners report is finalized. in my opinion

Hey folks. I've been lurking a few threads for a while, but I haven't posted anything, really. Please forgive me if this has been answered. I'm almost certain it has at some point, but this many threads in, and not being well versed with the navigation of the site, I may have missed it. So, here goes.

I've been wondering about their SM. I know they were posting to Snapchat once they were on the bridge, but does anyone know if they posted anything about going to the bridge that day prior to their arrival? Like I said, I'm a lurker here, could there have been a lurker on one or both of their SM profiles that could have made BG aware they were going to be there?

Why Homeland Security though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to derail the convo, but just read a story about a convicted serial killer who was only given 12 years in Canada and is living a normal life with her three kids. I guess hubby was the main guy in crime, but not really whenever you read into it. Just interesting is all. Maybe someone like this was involved. I'm still a believer it's a transient on parole or something like that. http://www.680news.com/2016/04/19/karla-homolka-found-living-in-the-montreal-suburb-of-chateauguay/

Do you think LE and investigators on this case read our threads? Just hit the Thanks if you do, no need to make many responses, unless you feel compelled.

I agree it was out of the league of the local police but not necessarily because of a signature. Local FBI and homeland security agents often get involved in high profile, violent murders even in areas that do see a greater number of homicides (Detroit for example). Especially, though, in an area of very low violent crime, it is not surprising at all that they would seek assistance and pool resources. I don't see it as anything more significant than that. JMO.

"Investigators picked up some help today from homeland security in Tippecanoe County. Police are using their communication satellite. Officers say this creates more phone lines and a faster internet connection."

https://www.wishtv.com/2017/02/17/a...igation-community-comes-together-to-help/amp/

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Have there been a lot of child murders in Delphi? To me, IMO, this is the big difference compared to prior criminal activity in the area and this is the only "twist" LE was referring to, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahadelaide