IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
because I don't want to commit to an opinion either way right now, I'll just play devil's advocate and say "perhaps LE wants to keep BG feeling as comfortable as possible in hopes of not losing sight of him while they work their case - don't wanna spook him".. I would refer back to the most excellent "Angels and Demons" story posted here many times in the past two threads for insight on this possible line of thought.
There is also a huge gap between suspecting who did it and having enough evidence to justify an arrest, and between arresting someone and proving guilt in court.

Most of the time in a big case they won't make an arrest until they're sure they can win in court.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I was curious about the turnaround for DNA that's been rushed as in this case. I found this article https://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0086.htm which although 7 years old stated that at that time the turnaround time on
INDIANA "rushed" testing on a homicide with suspect was as follows:
DNA TESTING homicide with a suspect was then 3 weeks.

FORENSIC BIOLOGY testing (collection, detection, and non-DNA analysis of biological fluids) was 2 weeks rushed to 6 weeks when there is a suspect.
TRACE EVIDENCE (data in small quantities such as strands of hair, skin cells, paint, fibers, soil, and gunshot residue) was at least 12 to 13 weeks.
FINGERPRINT IDENTIFICATION varies depending on what type/where lifted from and take 1 week, 7 weeks, or 6 months.
The average time listed for IDENTIFICATION of firearms was 7 weeks, for NIBN entries 30 days, for toolmarks 7 weeks.
Keep in mind the above was 7 years ago and also that the FBI is helping here so it's not completely Indiana timelines in this instance but perhaps gives us an idea where they are with some parts of this investigation .

"Laboratories complained that staff shortages and inadequate funding result in long turnaround times." .I have to wonder why they don't hire more people for this obviously booming job field. I know that it was quoted Abby and a friend were excited about going to High School and intended to take classes in forensics which their school offered.

FACTS italicized pulled from link. My own thoughts in bold.

Hi this is my first time posting. I have been following for a long time.

I am from Indiana. In a town called North Webster, a girl was murdered in 1975. Her name was Laurel Mitchell. The reason the Delphi case caught my attention is because as recent as last year the sheriff put out a notice asking about a music group that may have traveled through North Webster the night Mitchell was killed and they were from Delphi. I don't know why this suddenly came to be after so many years. I know the sheriff in North Webster has interviewed some folks from Delphi regarding the Mitchell case. The last I heard they didn't think there was a link. I do not consider this a tip or anything I just found it interesting. Once I started reading more about this case I kept following. link to MSM about Laurel Mitchell http://www.inkfreenews.com/tag/laurel-jean-mitchell/

I work with both at risk and non risk teens this age in Indiana. We deal with social media issues a lot. There are a lot of code words on social media used that we would not even consider meaning anything. IMO BG may have been following them or knew they would be there via social media posts or mentions. IMO they could have innocently interacted with him or he could have seen via social media that they were there. IMO BG knew they would be there but the girls did not invite him or plan to meet him there. JMO

I think being "victim friendly" and "victim blind" are two very different things. I have not seen anyone bashing the girls or their dress but simply looking at the rest of the pictures we have of them and trying to determine if they look more dressed up, to perhaps give validation or put to rest the idea of a meet up of some sort... JMO
And I think a tee-shirt, sweatshirt jacket, jeans sneakers no makeup and a loose bun says that whoever sees this as anything but normal, casual wear is stretching reality here big time. JMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

there is also a huge gap between suspecting who did it and having enough evidence to justify an arrest, and between arresting someone and proving guilt in court.

Most of the time in a big case they won't make an arrest until they're sure they can win in court.

Sent from my sm-t560nu using tapatalk
this!

There is also a huge gap between suspecting who did it and having enough evidence to justify an arrest, and between arresting someone and proving guilt in court.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I have different idea, if the case goes as famous as it could be, even if LE not able to convict him but as long as his image and names are out there, it will be a huge burden to BG. That way, even if he is not in jail, he is under people's eye. It would be much harder for him to strike without being noticed or getting caught. Of course this would be the last solution. Kind like Simpson Case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Girlfriends and wives have lived in homes with the putrid smell of dead bodies coming from the basement or under the crawl space, remains found in the backyard, with men who brought home young boys or prostitutes and they later told the court they thought all was well. It is flat out amazing how people can chose to not believe what they don't want to.
So true. Enablers in denial. Sigh.

No problem. Off topic the perp in Jessica's case Jeffrey Willis is pure evil he has murdered another lady (a mum called Rebekah Bletsch) and he tried to kidnap a teenager who escaped and that's how he got caught. His cousin claims he saw Jessica lying dead in the perps basement with a video camera close by. Jeffrey drove about with a rape kit in his van ready for when the opportunity arrived. He had child *advertiser censored* and videos of sick individuals having sex with dead people on his computer. It's a horrific case and Jessica's remains are still to be located.
I was just coming to talk about this case! Also, police were looking for a silver mini van seen by a witness at the gas station. Willis was interviewed days after the murder because he owned one. If LE had taken a cadaver dog to the interview it is likely Willis would have been caught and Rebecca would be alive. Hindsight is always 20-20 and I understand that LE doesn't have the resources...

13,000 tips...he has to be in there.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

d674917d883cfb7414b9a9aee20af803.jpg

Pic 1 shows the platform they were on/near when they took the video of BG. I imagine he has taken out a weapon around this point and this may be too traumatizing to release what is on that audio ...
The audio of "down the hill" seems to be taken just off the train track on the gravelly road in these pics. You can hear feet crunching on it.
I believe something happened right where the yellow tape is there just off the bridge. Very isolated and covered looking region.
Whatever was filmed or said there..also probably not good for the public to hear.
The recording may not have went for longer than a few minutes..or I'd think more audio or video would have been released by now!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Does the trail to the left of the bridge go through where the yellow CS tape is seen? Does that trail go down through the gate to the road at the bottom? Is this the same trail we see in a more recent picture where the black dirt has recently been disturbed?

IMO it is frustrating to be on this site in an effort to sleuth this case then I read comments like this one and many more this morning talking about how innocent these girls looked and how normal for their age and on and on.... The number one thing any of us should know before "sleuthing" a case should be that looks can be deceiving. Anyone old enough to remember "Eddie" Haskel? I am not bashing these girls but I am not going to make huge character judgments based off of a few pictures either. JMO
Why would that be frustrating? Everyone has opinions here. We need to tread carefully in regards to these girls. WS is very victim friendly.

It's also their (our) right to opinion that they weren't doing ANYTHING other than what they appeared to be doing. Enjoying a nice day. Hiking a nice trail. Enjoying each other's company.
Wearing appropriate clothing for the outing, etc.

I have no problem reading your views. They don't mesh with mine maybe, but the only thing frustrating here is that this pig of a is still free.

....snipped for focus about DNA testing backlogs......

I have to wonder why they don't hire more people for this obviously booming job field.

I often wonder about this.

There is a huge return on investment. All agencies need to ban together and put some serious funding into this.

Think of all the criminals that are roaming free because this is not being addressed like it should be. Nationwide problem that needs solved immediately.

There is no excuse for this. Funding needs to be gotten and there should be a public outcry about this.

We are way past allowing excuses about DNA backlog testing while criminals and rapists roam free.

Instead of agencies buying the next Humvee war surpless truck with all bells and whistles lets get some DNA testing done.

I Need pics of BG, can anyone please repost different variations including the 2 official from LE? Thank you!! Also, to the friend/fellow sleuth who wanted to post the version that your discovered, would/could you post that please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steven Hatfiil was a person of interest in the anthrax letters, he was awarded 4.6 million for being wrongly accused. Jmo

Indeed!

“To say we’ve identified a single individual would not be accurate, but we have identified several people of interest,” said Carter, who admitted investigators need to seal off several blind alleys before narrowing their focus in the search for the man in the images and audio Libby captured on her cell phone minutes before she was led to her death."
http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-...est-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

SO they are in the process of 'narrowing their focus'. Far from COLD IMO.

This is my belief all along. I am a local and I can't tell you how hard that place is to find if you haven't been there before. To me, that would be the last place you would go to find 2 girls to kill on the type of day it was which is why I tend to favor the fact of this being a planned meet up in some way. I honestly find it hard to believe that, but the more and more I think bout how hard this area is to find, the more I think about how secluded this place is, especially on a cold day, I just find it hard to believe he said "I'm going to go here and look for 2 girls to murder today.". The chances of there being 2 girls there without a planned meeting is slim to none. There would be more popular trails such as the Monon trail which starts in Carmel and goes clear through Indianapolis to greenwood for him to carry out something like that. I truly believe he had been there before either hiking, or hunting/fishing, maybe even hung out there before when he was younger. It's very possible he does not currently live in the area, but there is no doubt he has before. I definitely believe however he lives within a 100 mile radius of there.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I appreciate your sharing the local geographical knowledge. It sounds like this area is known to nature lovers, at least to those in that area of the county. At the same time, it would not be a commonly known place to anyone outside the county.

This comes back to a question I had several days ago on whether BG's primary focal point was the location or the girls. I am still not sure and it probably is a combination of both.

That being said, I think that BG is not local but does have ties to the area. As others have said, it may be relatives that were in the area. His knowledge of the area could be from when he was a teenager.

I can see a theory that BG had contact with at least one of the girls previously. It was likely a one-way contact through social media or in person (at a distance). Having learned that the girl(s) frequented this area and his knowledge of the area made for a "perfect" trio of person, place, and time.

What appears to be preparedness (killing two people in public/not getting caught within a month/"pristine" crime scene), makes me think he has thought about this scenario (not necessarily these girls and this location) for quite some time. Has he committed crimes either at this level or in a progression towards this level? Most likely yes, especially if he did not leave DNA at the crime scene.

I think I will research how long this trial system has been there.

The above is my opinion only.

Honestly jmo i don't think they have dna, but are collecting it to compare should they come up with some. Jmo

Another thing I wanted to add, Many states are way behind processing and logging in DNA collected from felons. The laws were put into place, but there was no funding attached to it. A lot of rape kits are also sitting in evidence rooms because they have not been processed. It's possible that BG has had his DNA collected for a felony, or that he's connected to other crimes because the system is backlogged.

I didn't think of this! I'd be stunned if he didn't have a felony record, yet I've been perplexed as to why there's been no hit on the possible DNA. I think you just solved THAT mystery for me.

I used to think I'd be a good detective but I'm wondering.......:thinking:

Snipped by me. I agree 100%. He knew!
Yes! ITA! I think he knew them. I think when he is identified, the community will be in complete shock. I won't be surprised if people come out of the the woodwork with previous accusations that they were afraid to report- once he is identified. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dnollie