IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is something like that too. Could you possibly check BGs left leg above knee inner area w the zoom program? What is there? TIA

IMO I don't see anything on the left leg. Just the right leg in the photo where the right leg is raised up. Someone mentioned it might just be the angle but I'm not sure about it.

Seems unlikely that a transient would go unnoticed in a town of 3,000 people. Folks would almost certainly remember seeing someone who wasn't local in the time leading up to or proceeding the murders.
Agree. And with EVERY account from anyone who has lived or been there, the bridge is hard to find without knowing the area. He HAD to know the area!

I think I’m onto something big here and it’s taken some time to develop so here me out.

I have a theory that’s tied to the past. There’s a serial killer (It’s unclear to me if he’s been convicted of killing or just abducting several or only one woman at this point), but was convicted and sent to jail in 1995 - Larry Dewayne Hall. He was from Wabash, IN. He is doing life for an abduction. It is assumed he committed a lot of murders. An LE insider believes he had an accomplice (below). I think the accomplice did this crime.

This is a guy who traveled from Wabash, Indiana all the way to Nevada to kill young women the police believe. He (and his brother) both did Civil War reenactments across the country together. It’s been speculated by several investigative writers, expert investigators, witnesses and police officers that Hall had an accomplice in some of the crimes he committed. More specifically there was a police officer at one time (a female officer whose father was a former detective investigating Hall in Wabash, IN). The female officer was interviewed for a book I believe in 2009 and she with her father believed there was an accomplice because the brothers traveled together for one specific event in a specific year a murder happened placing them both at the crime’s specific location stated in the book and interview link below. I believe this to be true as well based on what I’ve read. I’ve read quite a bit. Hall was born and raised in Wabash, IN. It’s not too far from Delphi, IN. Anyway Hall has a twin brother and at one point Gary, his twin tried to give his brother an alibi for the Jessica Roach abduction, which didn’t work - I’m surprised the brother wasn’t arrested at this point, although maybe he was brought in for further questioning, who knows. Regardless their father was a Sexton and they worked in a *cemetery as youths, were abused, bed wetters, alcoholic father, classic serial murder stuff. Larry’s suspected body dump sites were in wooded areas, parks, rivers, etc. The crazy part is Larry Hall has never been convicted of murder, only abduction I believe at this point on a federal charge, although that could have changed recently. All the above is specific to Larry Hall outside of paraphrasing regarding the brother with regard to trips taken as noted in the links below and what the police officer believed. You have to watch the documentary and read the excerpt below from an Unsolved Mystery forum. It’s chilling to say the least. Read the comment first and then watch some of the documentary and you will see where I’m going. I’ve only scratched the surface and think there is much more to read, watch and *hear.

Look at Comments after main part of story by “Sharon Hauf 3/10/15” - It’s the first set of comments in the story, not the second set.

http://unsolved.com/archives/angela-hammond

I snipped part of it so readers didn't have a screen full.

Very, very fascinating. Thank you for all of this. Even though I've moved on from serial killer, I have wondered recently if he does reenactments. I have no basis at all aside from his picture. But he has a look about him that made me wonder about reenactments. Maybe it was his gait. I'd love to know how Gary walks.

Thank you for this.

Jmo, I don't think we will hear cause of death unless maybe an arrest happens. Maybe not even then.

Hi Everyone,

In case you haven't seen the videos made by our member "grayhuze" here they are all in one place.

I would highly recommend you watch these videos if you haven't already.

You get the full sense of how it must have been for Abby and Libby in addition to helping you understand the crime scene.

Video # 1 *snipped

Video # 2 *snipped

Video # 3 *snipped

Thank you grayhuze for taking the time to help Abby and Libby.

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Plus the newest video by GH published on march 13th. Great work!

[video=youtube;cHpzjx51h5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHpzjx51h5A[/video]

It's interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on the age. That seems to be a big part of the discussion in a lot of threads. I have always believed he was older due to sound of his voice--40's to 50's. I am from Indiana and know many men with that raspy, worn, twang. He seems blue collar, someone I've seen a million times at every Indiana truck stop. JMO IMO

I would gauge him to be a little shorter, perhaps 5"7'-5"9'. 180-190 lbs seems about right. He resembles a man I know well, who is 5'6" and stocky in his chest.

You can get a good app. measurement of the POI's height by using Abby's known height of 5'4". 5'6" is a bit too short IMO. 5'10" to 6'1" is about what I got. I also cross referenced the calculation with an old image of the High bridge with intact tracks and railway standards. Just saying.

-Nin

You can get a good app. measurement of the POI's height by using Abby's known height of 5'4". 5'6" is a bit too short IMO. 5'10" to 6'1" is about what I got. I also cross referenced the calculation with an old image of the High bridge with intact tracks and railway standards. Just saying.

-Nin

Thanks Nin. That's what I was looking for.

The Civil War reenactment hats I'm googling all have little emblems on the front. That would show up in the picture I'd think.

IMO I don't see anything on the left leg. Just the right leg in the photo where the right leg is raised up. Someone mentioned it might just be the angle but I'm not sure about it.

Okay, thank you for looking!

Dogface, I saw one of your comments on page 27, post 1088, that I am finally getting around sharing some stuff. (I don’t know how to quote posts from a closed thread—or if that is even possible—so bear with my awkwardness.) In that post, you wrote, "Since two person child killings like this are apparently rare, what do we know about the ones that happened?”

I followed the Lisk sisters/Sofia Silva case rather closely back in the day. The man who abducted, raped, and killed the girls took Sofia right from her front porch. He took the two Lisk sisters, Kati and Kristin, when they got off separate school buses. I’ve been looking for a specific quote about how the guy managed to take two girls, but, heck, if I can find it.

I did, however, compile all of this, which, I found to be interesting reads, both for how the abductor/rapist/killer found his victims and carried out his crimes and how it is that his wives saw flags, but explained away their red color. (Usually, I'd say, when you have enough red flags to make an evening gown, stitch one together and waltz on out of there, but he seems to have married women who were compliant and young, who obeyed and didn't question him.))

Discovering Deadly Secrets

http://www.fredericksburg.com/local...cle_22361671-de71-577e-aec2-3e43939e6311.html

The Making of a Murderer
http://www.fredericksburg.com/local...cle_3a2cbf42-0568-5789-a396-e1fc60dcbb9c.html

End Came With Love, Fear, Horror
http://www.fredericksburg.com/local...cle_24624905-2159-5c21-9d3b-27f78b33e8c7.html

Keeping a Dark Side Under Lock and Key
http://www.fredericksburg.com/local...cle_ca6d7704-8643-501f-917a-56a9d6d0d76b.html

Evonitz’s Widow Talks About Their Shared Life
http://www.fredericksburg.com/local...cle_8f84cf0a-3d60-5de4-a846-5fe12386021c.html

Piecing Together the Lisk-Silva Case
http://www.fredericksburg.com/break...cle_902117da-6c9c-5e92-b48c-feacfa5c357e.html

Probe Lays Bare Killer’s Double Life
http://www.fredericksburg.com/local...cle_9aa42473-1e83-57e3-9e52-8eaf35b1e949.html

Database Tracks Serial Crime Links
http://www.fredericksburg.com/local...cle_4e6527e3-606d-5f79-8e56-6b1ce1bcd4b6.html

So, needless to say, I’m leaning toward Abby and Liberty encountering a serial killer.

While collecting the links I’ve shared above, I stumbled up a database of serial killers compiled by a psych professor and students at Radford University in Virginia.:
http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Serial Killer Information Center/Project Description.htm

The serial killer timeline compiled for each one listed is really rather interesting. See this one, for example, especially on page 2, where, for lack of a better word, the profile checklist begins:
http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Psyc 405/serial killers/Evonitz, Richard Marc - 2005.pdf

very interesting. I have family very close to Wabash. I had not heard of this.

I had forgotten about this case. It's got some crazy twists. I'm off to reacquaint myself with it.

Jj007, thank you for the links.

Seems unlikely that a transient would go unnoticed in a town of 3,000 people. Folks would almost certainly remember seeing someone who wasn't local in the time leading up to or proceeding the murders.

They can stay hidden pretty well. And it benefits them to do so. So that they are not run off. They commit burglaries for anything they need. And there have been burglaries and trespassers around the bridge area. Which, IMO, looks like the typical setting for vagrants

I think I’m onto something big here and it’s taken some time to develop so here me out.

I have a theory that’s tied to the past. There’s a serial killer (It’s unclear to me if he’s been convicted of killing or just abducting several or only one woman at this point), but was convicted and sent to jail in 1995 - Larry Dewayne Hall. He was from Wabash, IN. He is doing life for an abduction. It is assumed he committed a lot of murders. An LE insider believes he had an accomplice (below). I think the accomplice did this crime.

This is a guy who traveled from Wabash, Indiana all the way to Nevada to kill young women the police believe. He (and his brother) both did Civil War reenactments across the country together. It’s been speculated by several investigative writers, expert investigators, witnesses and police officers that Hall had an accomplice in some of the crimes he committed. More specifically there was a police officer at one time (a female officer whose father was a former detective investigating Hall in Wabash, IN). The female officer was interviewed for a book I believe in 2009 and she with her father believed there was an accomplice because the brothers traveled together for one specific event in a specific year a murder happened placing them both at the crime’s specific location stated in the book and interview link below. I believe this to be true as well based on what I’ve read. I’ve read quite a bit. Hall was born and raised in Wabash, IN. It’s not too far from Delphi, IN. Anyway Hall has a twin brother and at one point Gary, his twin tried to give his brother an alibi for the Jessica Roach abduction, which didn’t work - I’m surprised the brother wasn’t arrested at this point, although maybe he was brought in for further questioning, who knows. Regardless their father was a Sexton and they worked in a *cemetery as youths, were abused, bed wetters, alcoholic father, classic serial murder stuff. Larry’s suspected body dump sites were in wooded areas, parks, rivers, etc. The crazy part is Larry Hall has never been convicted of murder, only abduction I believe at this point on a federal charge, although that could have changed recently. All the above is specific to Larry Hall outside of paraphrasing regarding the brother with regard to trips taken as noted in the links below and what the police officer believed. You have to watch the documentary and read the excerpt below from an Unsolved Mystery forum. It’s chilling to say the least. Read the comment first and then watch some of the documentary and you will see where I’m going. I’ve only scratched the surface and think there is much more to read, watch and *hear.

Gary has many times stated he thought his brother killed all the women and that there could be as many as 30 women and very adamant that it was his brother all along. Detectives have approached Gary to try to get him to convince his brother (Larry) to confess who has, but then Larry recanted his confessions each time eluding a conviction. I wonder why he recants? Is it because he had someone else with him and thinks it’s unfair he gets all the credit? IDK, seems really odd to me considering all the stuff he’s said over the years regardless. The good part is that he is still in jail - the bad part is that there is no clue to where a lot of these women are, or if there’s an accomplice running around with a home or residence in Wabash, IN or possibly another Civil War buddy. The information regarding all these women going missing in Indiana, Michigan, Illinois and across the US is slowly getting tracked back to Hall and his Civil War reenactment sites. What if there was an accomplice and they’re still out there or just now decided to become active again, but without Larry and by themselves? At one point I read about a murder involving three women who were all abducted together. I can’t imagine one man did that by himself, thus requiring the help of an accomplice possibly which is also being blamed on no other than Larry Hall himself of course. I find that odd.

The following links will help you on your journey.

Here’s the story about Jimmy Keene who went into prison for trafficking drugs. He was asked to go undercover and befriend Larry Hall in finding out where the bodies of several women ended up. He does, but ends up blowing his cover on purpose telling the serial killer that he thinks he’s a disgusting person, etc. I think in one of these books, one of these interviews we can find out who the accomplice is. Maybe there are dates, events (Civil War), etc., that link other murders to someone else still on the outside? Maybe the one you and I are both thinking of at this point? Maybe take the “Down the Hill” audio and compare it to the other person in this Documentary? I’m trying to not be too specific here. Take care.

CNN Documentary
https://youtu.be/mQjYonis8FE

Some good background on other stuff in the case. You will notice some interesting things as you read. This is a comment regarding a book interview, someone who talked to the female LE person, brother, Larry, etc.

Look at Comments after main part of story by “Sharon Hauf 3/10/15” - It’s the first set of comments in the story, not the second set.

http://unsolved.com/archives/angela-hammond

I'm following you. I have read just about everything there is to read about Larry Hall because I believed eve that he may have been responsible or associated with the murder of my aunt in 1985. I have always kind of thought of him acting alone but this really has me thinking now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think BG was a local at some point or had been to that area/trail for fishing /hiking etc. I dont think he is a current local. He surely would have been worried about being seen in such a small town out there on the day.
I believe he went there fully prepared and with every intent to kill someone. He may have even scoped out the area previously and just didn't get the opportunity to go through with his plans.
Seems to me he knew exactly what he was doing,where he was taking them and perhaps even made them wash evidence off themselves in the water.
Imo this was not a spur of the moment thing. He went there with this purpose in mind and had a plan to leave unnoticed.
This is probably not his first killing unfortunately. I believe BG is a serial killer

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Maybe some better sleuthers can find a picture of serial killer Larry's twin brother. It states they identical. So perhaps we can go on pics of Larry?

I'm not sure how identical twins age. If they look similar as they get older.

They can stay hidden pretty well. And it benefits them to do so. So that they are not run off. They commit burglaries for anything they need. And there have been burglaries and trespassers around the bridge area. Which, IMO, looks like the typical setting for vagrants
IIRC RL said he had his property broken into a few times over the time he has lived there...
I see transient or out of towner /former local the most likely options.
Why no one has reported him. He has no one to notice his absences

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

-Nin
I also get him at about 6'0. Around 200lbs. Age guesstimate of late 30's to early 50's, most likely mid 40's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015