IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there was no time to move them because searchers were right there in the woods.

Hi Eileen730, I went back and deleted that post because another poster made an excellent point that by the bodies being on his property there would be no issue with footprints, possible DNA, and any other evidence belonging to RL because of course those things would be there - it is his property. So leaving the girls there would reduce the risk. You have a good point too.

Criminals do not always get rid of footwear, just the clothes, jmo. Boots especially, I would think.

Since we have no clue what is in the search warrant, we can't speculate. They could be dusting the entire property for LIbby and Abby's prints for all we know.

They most certainly are looking for the girls DNA, fingerprints, footprints, bootprints, any key evidence, according to the transcript from AM that I transcribed upthread.

The warrant IS related to the double homicide. They stated that as fact. Investigators uncovered enough probable cause to get the Judge to sign off on the warrant. RL's lawyered up and isn't co-operating now.

Hopefully arrests will follow soon. Hopefully.

JMO

WG

Honestly I do not think anything is going to happen from today's event. LE never searched RL's home before, just the land around it and how convenient RL is in jail for another reason then FBI decides to search his home. Why did FBI put up all those billboards if they truly thought the sp was local.....JMO, I do not think RL is the guy or his home is related to the crime. They served a search warrant knowing the occupant was incarcerated and that gave them more time to sift around in the house.

Points taken from Alexis McAdam’s Interview with Tony Slocum:

Slocum:

-Numerous officers from various police departments serving a search warrant

-The warrant IS related to the double murder of these 2 young girls

-No one is arrest for the murders of Liberty German and Abigail Williams, but officers in this investigation have developed enough probable cause in order to get a Judge to sign a search warrant for Mr. Logan’s property and that’s why we are here today

McAdam’s:

And Mr. Logan is sitting in the Carroll County Jail on an unrelated charge that’s a probation violation, which I know Indian Police originally had to send out an alert on Twitter telling everyone, don’t convict anyone at this point in this double homicide, your still working on that but, talk a little bit about what the other officer had mentioned, how he was very cooperative at the beginning, and now that’s changed just a little bit, as this investigation goes on, and that’s something that happens

Slocum:

-I haven’t had any direct contact with Mr.Logan myself, but, he was co-operative in our investigation, but due to his circumstances NOW, he doesn’t want to talk to Law Enforcement, and there’s nothing wrong with that, that’s part of his rights, but we did, during the course of the investigation, develop probable cause to search his property, and that’s what officer’s are doing now

McAdam’s:

The search warrant is for his property and any outbuildings. The officers told McAdam’s that they could be looking for DNA, they could be looking for boot prints, foot prints, anything that could be a key in this investigation.

https://www.facebook.com/Fox59News/videos/10155233713184575/

So if the search warrant is for the property and outbuildings, does that mean the residence itself (the house where RL lived) is not included?

jmo

Hi,newbie here! I really don't know if it's been addressed yet are not? And don't know if it would be something LE would use given the limited audio but does anyone remember the case of " geordie jack" if not it was somebody taking credit for the Yorkshire ripper murders with a distinct north east accent, but investigators where able to narrow the accent down to 3 streets, Amazingly something similar happened to me, I work in customer service on the railway and was going about my duties when a passenger commented that I must be from ******** with that accent! I was amazed as to me there is nothing to distinguish my accent from a lot of other in the north east of England, but he heard otherwise! So my question is can US accents be distinguished from town to town?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeap in US accents are distinguishable depending on the state

This is very perplexing :gaah:. What could LE be looking for, as it's more than a month into the case? Any DNA of evidentiary value might be degraded or smeared by now. Maybe they are looking for clothing or piece of ripped clothing, footwear, something that 1 of the girls should have had with them but it wasn't found with them? Hmmm

Forgive the bluntness but they could be looking for blood. If the blood matches the victims, that would be evidence that the girls were there.

jmo

Lol, great minds! You're referring to a bill that expands DNA collection to people arrested for a felony. The current law includes those convicted of a felony. Since RL was convicted in... 2014? I think, he should be in the db.
Doh! Bill, law... should have paid better attention in my government related classes. Thanks. [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Idk if anyone has said that RL,s March 20th hearing has been postponed by his attorney's request???? It was on local Indianapolis news during their update on the search warrants......

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

http://fox59.com/2017/03/17/authorities-serve-search-warrant-in-connection-with-delphi-murder-case/

Watch the video. At 1:17 It says the March 20th hearing was postponed at his attorney's request. At 1:28 It also has a Trooper saying at first Mr. Logan was cooperative, but now he's he's in jail and is not cooperating because he is following his attorney's advice.

Why would they need a polygram? Do they not have DNA?? Just get his DNA and clear him through that? Unless ofcourse they do not have any DNA from a potential suspect.

Or maybe LE do have DNA from the crime scene and comparing it to RL's DNA, RL's DNA was a partial match, meaning it point to a relative of RL ?

They most certainly are looking for the girls DNA, fingerprints, footprints, bootprints, any key evidence, according to the transcript from AM that I transcribed upthread.

The warrant IS related to the double homicide. They stated that as fact. Investigators uncovered enough probable cause to get the Judge to sign off on the warrant. RL's lawyered up and isn't co-operating now.

Hopefully arrests will follow soon. Hopefully.

JMO

WG

Yes your correct the warrant is related to the crime but that does not mean that they have knowledge there is evidence. They are just doing a more thorough search in the house to find anything related.

I am very very curious to know how confident LE are that BG is "their guy"?! Because to me, RL is very clearly NOT BG. We can tell BG has dark hair and goatee, RL's is white. I would also think if RL recognized this person he would have come forward. JMO

First time posting, but had a nagging thought now that I'm seeing RL's name and past charges brought up so frequently. Has anyone floated the theory that perhaps BG confronted the girls and accidentally one of the girls fell of the bridge? Maybe the voice is guiding the other girl down towards the body. If RL is now considered a potential suspect - is it possible he did this under the influence then panicked? Hope every breaking news story is the missing piece and justice is found for Abby and Libby.

Post #176 of this thread has an Inside Edition link where he says something similar. The other one I can think of is from news report footage, I don't have that link

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Love to get a quote on that, (I don't think it's a huge deal really), but IIRC, I read that, "in my house' was a misquote and he actually said backyard/property, that's what I recall hearing him say too.

Honestly I do not think anything is going to happen from today's event. LE never searched RL's home before, just the land around it and how convenient RL is in jail for another reason then FBI decides to search his home. Why did FBI put up all those billboards if they truly thought the sp was local.....JMO, I do not think RL is the guy or his home is related to the crime. They served a search warrant knowing the occupant was incarcerated and that gave them more time to sift around in the house.

Not much may come of it, but IMO I think they are looking for info connected to someone else related to RL. Not him in particular, but someone related to him or in connection to him in some way. Someone that knew he wasn't home, someone who knew that they could access his property from that area some way and get in and out, someone who had been there before perhaps? I personally think the arrest of RL was to get info on someone specific honestly. But I guess time is going to tell and now the DNA is back and they are tying it all together. Like I said MOO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VickyVersa