IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are still waiting for the findings from the evidence they seized from his place/property. It looks like we still have some weeks to wait.
I hope it doesn't come down to one hair and a carpet fiber type thing. The Danielle Van Dam trial had me doubting that Westerfield was the killer for a long time. I need a smoking gun if they try to connect this to RL...Otherwise...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Just one or two? One closer to them in hiding? BG couldn't know if anyone else would come up the bridge behind him. One SK would have to have steel cojones and everything go right to pull it off for two teens. We don't know if the killer tried to hide them where they were found with branches, etc.
MOO, just one.

I am asking this because I have the opportunity to ask one of the detectives that worked on the case. Not that he has given me the "you can only ask one question" Jeanie in a bottle thing, but I wanted to approach him with one question. Something he may or may not answer, but it's worth a shot right?

Is this case going to go cold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I have thought about this day and night... And wondered how someone could get away with such a crime in these circumstances, and still hasn't been caught. And seriel killer is what comes to mind. A Sk is known to think and act like a narcissist. Confident, above anyone else, full of themselves, calm and collective. I def feel at this point he's a sk... I have felt this way all along esPecially afteR looking at the missing children's website and looking at girls age range 13_17 just from indiana and once I saw that I'm convinced there a sk and he's made his mark now in delphi. [emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji120] [emoji120] [emoji120] [emoji120] [emoji120]

I have had a gut feeling from the start that this was a SK IMO.. I also have looked into all the cases within 100-200 mile radius that have very similar MO's and IMHO its just to coincidental to not be connected but that's just IMO no fact of the matter just a hunch.. IMHO I think that the killer left THEIR signature mark at the crime scene which may have been left at prior crime scenes ??? Just all IMO but I think that is why the FBI was brought in so quickly ?? IMO given the distance between these crimes I cant help but think that this killer may possibly be a truck driver or may even be like a CEO of a big company that travels a lot ?? all just my opinions

Just one or two? One closer to them in hiding? BG couldn't know if anyone else would come up the bridge behind him. One SK would have to have steel cojones and everything go right to pull it off for two teens. We don't know if the killer tried to hide them where they were found with branches, etc.
I thought that at first, but if he was staking the place out since morning, he would know the activity and when to make his move. Apparently that day there was not a whole lot of people there at bridge.. So it would've been easy to get them and go.

Just re: COD, the ME said she was killed by blunt force trauma with a broken jaw, chipped teeth, broken eye sockets and a broken nose, which sounds both terrible and not accidental IMO. That being said I can see your point...but I still feel IMO something happened that really upset the officers. I would venture that at least the ISP and FBI are not easily shaken even when it's concerning children. I could always be wrong though of course. Moo

Yes. All valid points.

You're right. Blunt trauma was definitely COD with Chelsea. It was apparently difficult to discover whether the other bone breakage was caused due to other factors such as the body being drug and later uncovered by excavating equipment.

And I don't know what Delphi is like and what the typical cases involve. In rural areas like Maybee, where Chelsea is from, I don't think officers see the level of crime and violence officers tend to see in other areas though. I remember several officers commenting this case was exceptional for the area.

In any case, all I am saying is it may be a local amateur not a serial killer. And the COD may not be as outrageous as some of us originally thought after hearing LE comments. Just saying this to keep all options open. :)

Thanks for the discussion!

Okay, I have never thought too seriously about RL as a suspect (at least not working alone) because we have all been working with the idea that these might have been particularly violent and graphic crimes (as LE said, they'd never forget it...like nightmares etc.)

But your comment actually made me think of a scenario.

My grandfather, in his elderly years, became more paranoid about his safety. He once came out with a gun, fearing he might need to defend himself, then discovered the visitor approaching him was only a family member. (Yes. Scary.)

What if RL or some other neighbors had been burglarized before and reported trespassers in his barn, what if he or another neighbor were becoming a bit paranoid about their vulnerability as elderly people as well? What if (hypothetical scenario) he or another neighbor had been drinking a little, got scared, and mistakenly shot a girl thinking it was a more threatening person?

Not saying this is what happened, just saying, if police viewed that on the tape it would still be the stuff of nightmares in my opinion. Seeing or hearing two girls gunned down would be something I'd never forget.

How would you factor in they have him on film approaching them on neutral property a good distance from the private property they were found on?

If B.G. does live in the Delphi area then perhaps he is someone who seems "invisible" to others. He keeps to himself and no one really knows him or anything about him. Someone who people don't ordinarily "notice".

I still believe that B.G. was very much "bundled up". At first I thought it was some type of "disguise" but now it appears that he was hiding things in his jacket. I believe he had the intention to do whatever he did. He planned this.

I have worked with him for over a year now. He is a great guy but sometimes hard to read...as most detectives are.

It was hard seeing him last week because he had been in Delphi since the beginning and now that things are being cut back. But I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

There are so many questions I could come up with that I would ask if this was a scenario where I knew I would be able to get an answer, lhowever considering that he won't be able to say "oh our suspect is Mr. Z and he is behind bars", I would lean towards a more broad question and gauge his response, such as: "how are you feeling about the possible resolution of this case", or "do you think an arrest will be imment" or something along those lines. This might allow for a longer of more detailed response during which a few questions might be answered simply in the course of his response to your question. It's a less specific question which might give you more answers....

I think he tried to hide them, MOO, with brush... MOO

If he planned this then he must have known there would be no school that day.

There is always the strong possibility that he had been watching these girls for a very long time. Perhaps he was watching other girls as well but these were the two that showed up that day. Just a few thoughts.

I have had a gut feeling from the start that this was a SK IMO.. I also have looked into all the cases within 100-200 mile radius that have very similar MO's and IMHO its just to coincidental to not be connected but that's just IMO no fact of the matter just a hunch.. IMHO I think that the killer left THEIR signature mark at the crime scene which may have been left at prior crime scenes ??? Just all IMO but I think that is why the FBI was brought in so quickly ?? IMO given the distance between these crimes I cant help but think that this killer may possibly be a truck driver or may even be like a CEO of a big company that travels a lot ?? all just my opinions
Yes exactly.... If you start from the beginning and look at only what we know for sure, it screams SK

How would you factor in they have him on film approaching them on neutral property a good distance from the private property they were found on?

Again, just trying to think about alternative possibilities. To keep my thinking open.

But to answer your question, BG could end up not being involved, for example, or not being involved in the way that is expected. Any number of scenarios could explain that. What if BG himself was being followed by someone else with a weapon after a deal gone bad? What if RL himself sent BG out to tell the girls to stay off his land and he took it too far?

Again, I don't necessarily think this is what happened. I just thought RL may have become paranoid after being burglarized and could've over reacted...and I was mentioning it as a reminder that sometimes cases turn out to be more mundane and COD less outrageous than what our imaginations come up with.

Many scenarios, from drunken locals to serial killers, could still be true at this point. Until LE gives more info, we are interpreting their statements without facts.

I would ask them if they will ever release more audio and video.I would also ask if there was a second attacker.You can tell a lot by the way someone moves even if its for a few seconds.Someone see's a still pic and it could be anyone.Someone see's that person moving in a video and almost immediately recognizes the person or has suspicions hightened based on familiarity.That would most likely bring in some very valuable tips.Release more audio of the attacker if he was talking to the girls.3 little words can be anyone.But a sentence in some form of dialogue is the same as someone talking on the phone with their friend of 10 years.They will instantly recognize the voice.Even if it was shouting or yelling from the attacker,this man may be a person of authority....teacher,coach,supervisor,cop,corrections...if so,at some point he has raised his voice that someone could quite possibly recognize.Now,as far as the second attacker question.The reason I would ask this is because if I am not mistaken,GH placed the BG 80ft from the girls in the stills.We dont know if this is when he made his move or not but I would only assume that it could be since there is potentially 80ft worth of video of BG that could be looked upon,yet the public was given 2 frames.I would find that odd if BG would make a move from 80ft out on this rickety bridge which there is every possibility and liklieness that he could fall,twist an ankle and basically not catch them and risk capture if he didn't already have his bases covered.And when I say bases covered,I mean an accomplice at the other end.But then again if he did make his move and the girls would have known it immediately because they were recording him,they could have started running so therefore there would be no more video and that would just make this theory void.The gentleman that made the gif said he believed the frames were 5 seconds apart....If you look at them and look at the white handle supposedly sticking out of the coat,within that 5 seconds the handle has changed shape.The only way I can see that happening is if he raised his hand and touched it.So I wonder why are we not allowed to see any movement of this man,even just moving an arm and adjusting his handle.Everthing I have said is just MO or speculation.If I misunderstood the GH videos or the gif poster then my appologies and disregard my post.
I am asking this because I have the opportunity to ask one of the detectives that worked on the case. Not that he has given me the "you can only ask one question" Jeanie in a bottle thing, but I wanted to approach him with one question. Something he may or may not answer, but it's worth a shot right?

Yes. All valid points.

You're right. Blunt trauma was definitely COD with Chelsea. It was apparently difficult to discover whether the other bone breakage was caused due to other factors such as the body being drug and later uncovered by excavating equipment.

And I don't know what Delphi is like and what the typical cases involve. In rural areas like Maybee, where Chelsea is from, I don't think officers see the level of crime and violence officers tend to see in other areas though. I remember several officers commenting this case was exceptional for the area.

In any case, all I am saying is it may be a local amateur not a serial killer. And the COD may not be as outrageous as some of us originally thought after hearing LE comments. Just saying this to keep all options open. :)

Thanks for the discussion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Oh I am so with you on suggesting it may not be some sensational serial killer, that it may be an amateur who just got incredibly lucky, and I so appreciate you bringing in other cases to use as examples. I'm actually not in "camp SK"...I'm not sure what I think anymore but I'm not convinced there is enough evidence at our disposal right now to be sure of much at this time.

I also strongly agree that, just like those who have differing opinions about the "remoteness" of where our girls were found, the shock of the LE would definitely differ based on their experience. Just as you said, a place like Maybee (and Delphi) wouldn't have LE used to crimes of this nature, it's that the ISP and FBI also seemed to have strong reactions that makes me think maybe something rattled them. Who knows! Thank you, appreciate all you said!

My question would be "is your suspect currently in jail on other charges."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members