IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gee Nin, now when I concentrate on the brown hoodie sticking out of the bottom of his jacket, I swear I can see the outline of his family jewels. Especially when it's GIFing. I have thought in past threads and have posted that maybe he was flashing them. Now I'm thinking again, what if he flashed them as they past him on the bridge, then followed them leaving "little John" outside his pants, but under his hoodie?

I really need to go away I think. Lol this case is driving me nuts, speaking of...I really do see something there...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I don't see his jewels, but something I hadn't noticed before is it appears to my his fly is unzipped in the second picture. Maybe a shadow, idk. But it looks open to me. MOO

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

In my post a page or two back I had said that if LE doesn't release anymore of the audio/video I'm going to go with believing they've zeroed in on someone and I wanted to add, in going along w/that thought - there's also the fact LE isn't just out for this guy because of what he did to Libby & Abby. This guy is pure evil and as long as he remains free he could do to someone else what he did to those girls. So, if they didn't have a clue still on who he is then I can't see them holding back on releasing anything else for too long,

jmo

I don't think this case is "cold" or going that way anytime soon. Sometimes I think people watch too many hour long crime shows and have no patience or understanding of what really goes into an investigation such as this.

LE is doing a great job and I have the utmost faith that they will bring this monster to justice.

:praying:

Thank you for keeping the hope alive it's difficult not to get despondent. It would be great if this case and all the cases here could be solved in an hour like a Criminal Minds or Law and Order SVU episode.

I don't see his jewels, but something I hadn't noticed before is it appears to my his fly is unzipped in the second picture. Maybe a shadow, idk. But it looks open to me. MOO

I should clarify, I see what could be the outline of said jewels. As if they're under his hoodie so to speak.

Pure speculation on my part; but I suspect the girls felt trapped at that end of the bridge. They had to be getting back to their pickup point on the north side. Had they known their lives were at stake they would have reacted differently. {IMO}

I have never heard before that their pickup point was on the north side of the bridge. Did you see or read that somewhere?

Wow, this sounds like a slow and massive undertaking. They'd need telecom records for IP addresses. You think they've got the resources dedicated to tackle that? I mean, you'd think so, but I've got my doubts they can just snap up all this info so easily, even the FBI.

The NSA created the PRISM surveillance program to do just that, but of course federal different agencies just don't give each other open access to their surveillance systems. It's possible the investigation may be appearing to be slowing down is because there may be some more complicated legal proceedings to access online activity going on IMO.

Wow, this sounds like a slow and massive undertaking. They'd need telecom records for IP addresses. You think they've got the resources dedicated to tackle that? I mean, you'd think so, but I've got my doubts they can just snap up all this info so easily, even the FBI.
and even the FBI would likely need a court order to access personal information. Remember the San Bernardino terrorist shooting. Many were killed and they still could not get access to unlock the terrorists phone from Apple because of privacy laws.

Many have suggested that he is coming up on Abby since it is suspected that blue smear on the far left of the picture is her sweater/coat

That's what I think too. Which would mean there is some distance between Abby and Libby. Just as there was in the 2:07 pic.

Hey thanks. Here is a quick gif with red reference line. Will fine tune and clean it up later:

attachment.php

-Nin

Hi all. I have been following this thread for a while, but this is my first post - everyone is so thorough and quick that no sooner have I thought something, it has been posted. This GIF has really been eye opening for me, though, and I wanted to make a couple of observations that are JMO:
- From the beginning, one of the things that bothered me was how different the two pictures of BG (whose BG? - drink!) were so different from one another. They almost looked like two different people. From this GIF I think that I have some clarity on this issue. Because of the turn to the right, towards the girls, the second picture is perhaps a more direct picture - IMO it is more likely to match BG more closely because it is not as oblique at picture 1. And again, IMO, in the second pic he looks younger and possibly stockier.
- IMO BG makes a quick and quite sudden move to the right. We don't know how fast he is walking, but if you look at the markings on the bridge, it has become clear to me (IMO) that there could not have been more than one step in between the pictures. IMO this speaks to a confident stride with clear purpose and intention.
- He is not making eye-contact in either of the pictures, looking down instead. While this could be because he is hesitant as has been speculated, IMO it could have been one of the things that alerted the girls to the fact that this man was not friendly. A fast pace, confident stride, not making eye contact, heading towards you - if all of that is true, then the girls would have known something was wrong very quickly (There is interesting work that has been done looking at how we only become conscious of a fraction of the stimuli or cues in our environment, and how what we understand as intuition is often the brain picking up, at a very high speed, on dissonant things around us and warning us that something is amiss. I will have to dig into my psychology notes for references but would be happy to do for anyone who is interested).

I know there is nothing particularly new about what I am saying, but this GIF has somehow cleared my thinking and has settled some niggly issues for me (IMO of course).

Thank you for amazing insights and stimulating discussion.

I know it's not helpful but may I park my ewww here, please? Ewww.

and even the FBI would likely need a court order to access personal information. Remember the San Bernardino terrorist shooting. Many were killed and they still could not get access to unlock the terrorists phone from Apple because of privacy laws.

And sometimes non-LE have lots of info that they're happy to share with badge carriers. It's not always as you've stated. And sometimes they get caught in a sting like a forum run by LE or friendlies. In my opinion. Allegedly.

Fbi paid 1 million dollars to a hacker to access that phone. Jmo
Not sure what if anything they retrieved, they didn't say. Jmo

In my post a page or two back I had said that if LE doesn't release anymore of the audio/video I'm going to go with believing they've zeroed in on someone and I wanted to add, in going along w/that thought - there's also the fact LE isn't just out for this guy because of what he did to Libby & Abby. This guy is pure evil and as long as he remains free he could do to someone else what he did to those girls. So, if they didn't have a clue still on who he is then I can't see them holding back on releasing anything else for too long,

jmo
:yeahthat:

That is exactly why I follow along and contribute when I can~~hoping LE puts this sicko behind bars so he can't hurt anyone else!

There are lots of useful reference links at the beginning of this (and every) thread, but I found this to be on of the most handy:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...the-two-bodies-were-found-near-delphi-indiana

It has a link to an active google map, and scrolling down below that, about 30 minutes of aerial footage taken the day of the search. If you are having trouble visualizing the lay of the land, or the scale and distances of this case, this one link can be very handy.

Open Google maps to Delphi, Indiana.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...7e204b5559ad82!8m2!3d40.5875371!4d-86.6750059

You can now zoom in and out on the map, and drag and drop it to zoom in on different areas. Then, going back to the original tab (the news story), watch the video. As you do, there are spots when it stops or goes black- don't close the window, as it will start playing again (and I don't know if this was an issue in the actual chopper footage, or just my internet connection buffering.)

So, while you're watching the video, you can switch back and forth to the google map and really get your bearings. The video was taken at midday during the height of the search, so there is good lighting, they repeatedly circle and zoom and out on the entire area, and if you look at the roads and landmarks (cemetery, creek) you should really (in your mind) start to be able to overlay the labelled map with what you're seeing from the air. And you can also see the type and density of vegetation, height and scale of Monon High Bridge, and steepness of the hills. And you'll see how the trail area is surrounded by farms and residential homes, and probably quite familiar to people living in the area, who like to get out and bushwhack (like these sweet girls.)

I hope these comments are helpful to someone. Apologies if I've over-simplified it, sound redundant, or everybody's already seen this, but I know different folks have different gifts (or not) for map-reading and orienting themselves. Just trying to help. jmo

Great info, FreeRoad!

Sleuthers and Mods --

I think this information ought to be also put on the "media, maps & timelines" thread.

Anyone else agree? It's good info, IMO, and it would be helpful to have it in a place where we can refer to it quickly.

Because I believe it's real and can't think of a better option, I'm guessing the light area on the front of BG's left leg is a 2 L bottle.

Hi all. I have been following this thread for a while, but this is my first post - everyone is so thorough and quick that no sooner have I thought something, it has been posted. This GIF has really been eye opening for me, though, and I wanted to make a couple of observations that are JMO:
- From the beginning, one of the things that bothered me was how different the two pictures of BG (whose BG? - drink!) were so different from one another. They almost looked like two different people. From this GIF I think that I have some clarity on this issue. Because of the turn to the right, towards the girls, the second picture is perhaps a more direct picture - IMO it is more likely to match BG more closely because it is not as oblique at picture 1. And again, IMO, in the second pic he looks younger and possibly stockier.
- IMO BG makes a quick and quite sudden move to the right. We don't know how fast he is walking, but if you look at the markings on the bridge, it has become clear to me (IMO) that there could not have been more than one step in between the pictures. IMO this speaks to a confident stride with clear purpose and intention.
- He is not making eye-contact in either of the pictures, looking down instead. While this could be because he is hesitant as has been speculated, IMO it could have been one of the things that alerted the girls to the fact that this man was not friendly. A fast pace, confident stride, not making eye contact, heading towards you - if all of that is true, then the girls would have known something was wrong very quickly (There is interesting work that has been done looking at how we only become conscious of a fraction of the stimuli or cues in our environment, and how what we understand as intuition is often the brain picking up, at a very high speed, on dissonant things around us and warning us that something is amiss. I will have to dig into my psychology notes for references but would be happy to do for anyone who is interested).

I know there is nothing particularly new about what I am saying, but this GIF has somehow cleared my thinking and has settled some niggly issues for me (IMO of course).

Thank you for amazing insights and stimulating discussion.
Welcome to WS lak!
I for one would love to hear what you have to say. It seems as though Libby was in tune with her instincts. Perhaps if she was alone should might have even survived the encounter due to her awareness. We will never know will we. But again welcome to Websleuths!

I know it's not helpful but may I park my ewww here, please? Ewww.
Thanks for the laugh. Although both of my dogs are giving me looks now.

Oh gee Nin, now when I concentrate on the brown hoodie sticking out of the bottom of his jacket, I swear I can see the outline of his family jewels. Especially when it's GIFing. I have thought in past threads and have posted that maybe he was flashing them. Now I'm thinking again, what if he flashed them as they past him on the bridge, then followed them leaving "little John" outside his pants, but under his hoodie?

I really need to go away I think. Lol this case is driving me nuts, speaking of...I really do see something there...

As if it's not awful enough without a weenie wagger added to this heartbreaking story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod