Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that might matter is also him crossing state lines and it being a federal issue due to that.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
That's what I was thinking. Maybe TC knows that. They may me much closer then anyone thinks.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TBI says this is a serious, grave crime/situation. NO WAY is Tad getting off the hook!

The one thing that might matter is also him crossing state lines and it being a federal issue due to that.

I also think that is why during the press conference they really seemed to emphasize that they need proof to show they were together out if the state.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe TC knows that. They may me much closer then anyone thinks.

Well the Decatur AL part could play into that. They may have more proof than a phone ping and we don't know.

TBI says this is a serious, grave crime/situation. NO WAY is Tad getting off the hook!
They could have some information that proves she didn't go willingly that they aren't making public.

I'm in MD. I have turned the news on here and there throughout the day for the past few days. I have not seen it on the news at all. And I am the only person on my SM accounts who have shared the story. It's disheartening to think how many people have no idea!

Im in LA and is not in our news at all either! I only know about it through SM!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Do we know who the legal owner is of the Nissan?

If it's just him, wouldn't he be the only one who could report it stolen to activate the tracking?

If it's just his wife, she could report it stolen but we don't know if she'd be willing to do that. I do believe it would add theft to his list of charges.

If they own it jointly, she'd still have to report it stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since he took a title loan out on it could the load company, who also then has an interest in the vehicle, report it stolen? I bet they want to recover and get their money back.

I believe that ET's wheat and tomato allergy could be extremely helpful in finding her. While TC may have stockpiled food for her, there will come a point where they need fresh supplies or where they eat at a restaurant. I believe her allergy could call attention to them. Dietary restrictions make people stand out when placing an order, and it might help someone recognize ET and TC. I think that LE and other groups searching for them should call attention to ET's food allergies.

Kat, I am so sorry this has happened to your family. This is an absolutely heartbreaking situation. My dad's older sister took off with a man that her family disapproved of, and my dad never saw his sister again. This happened when I was very young, and I have no memories of my aunt, but I do have memories about how her disappearance broke my dad's heart. While I cannot know what you must be experiencing, I have witnessed the impact of a family member's departure. It is so painful. I am so truly, deeply sorry.

Well the Decatur AL part could play into that. They may have more proof than a phone ping and we don't know.

True. On one of the podcast that NG covered the man who was with her (Whatley I believe) mentioned they could have just put there phones in the bed of a parked truck, or on the back of an 18 wheeler and let the phone go so it would ping.

Of course, that doesn't make sense as to why it only pinged once unless both phones were close to dying, but still.

MISSIONARY IN HIDING? Most missionaries have to have a high/college educational status, and extensive training. I think no.

snipped from link below:

As it stands, to prove the kidnapping of a victim who is 14 or older, (District Attorney) Cooper said, he'd have to prove that Elizabeth was falsely imprisoned, unlawfully removed or had her freedom restricted.

Further, to prove that Elizabeth was unlawfully removed, he'd need to prove to a jury that Cummins employed "force, coersion, fraud or something to that effect," the prosecutor said.

"What we run into here, of course, is this child is 15 and, according to reports, at least initially, she left of her own free will," he said.

The issue was especially concerning at the outset of the investigation, Cooper said. Cummins was charged only with sexual contact with a minor by an authority figure, a misdemeanor, and investigators worried that if police stopped the pair out of state, they'd be released because authorities couldn't detain them, let alone extradite Cummins, on a misdemeanor warrant.

Cooper ultimately felt comfortable adding the aggravated kidnapping charge after deciding that Cummins allegedly groomed his victim and was armed, the latter being a prerequisite for aggravated kidnapping.

"Under current law, it's really going to depend what the testimony of Ms. Thomas is," Cooper said, explaining that if she claims she left on her own fruition, the defense will argue Cummins is not guilty of kidnapping.

Cooper will then have to introduce circumstantial evidence that Elizabeth was coerced, and to be clear, the district attorney is confident the communications between Elizabeth and Cummins demonstrate "he was definitely trying to influence her in his favor," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/28/us/tennessee-teacher-manhunt-state-kidnapping-law/

This is horrifying. He coerced her to leave, imo he's absolutely filling her head with what to say if they are caught. If they are found and she requests to stay with him, can LE!make her come home and arrest him? MOO but it's going to take a lot of therapy for ET realize he's the bad guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are parsing words. It is perfectly legal according to TN for her to leave willingly and never be made to return home.

Actually, I was disputing your claim that TN has a "crazy" law making it legal. That is not the case. Clarity, not parsing, would be the correct word here.

Nonetheless, your false comment did allow me to learn something new from others today and that is always a good day.

I appreciate your help.

The above is my opinion only.

True. On one of the podcast that NG covered the man who was with her (Whatley I believe) mentioned they could have just put there phones in the bed of a parked truck, or on the back of an 18 wheeler and let the phone go so it would ping.

Of course, that doesn't make sense as to why it only pinged once unless both phones were close to dying, but still.

Going south, they would have likely gone down I-65 which goes right through Decatur. Phones could have been turned on and dumped in Decatur to make cops think they were still in the area.

MISSIONARY IN HIDING? Most missionaries have to have a high/college educational status, and extensive training. I think no.
No, there are numerous groups that go to these areas to build homes, they take anyone, even kids go.

That is a very good point that I did not consider in my context of refuting the state law comment.

I appreciate your reminding me of the federal charge possibility.

IIRC there was only one ping and it was her phone? If it was dropped on a vehicle heading there I would think it would ping at several towers along the route.

I kind of agree with you.

There is a concern with the relative low number of tips and no confirmed sightings.

LE's thought might be that people are seeing this as just a romance with a huge age gap and not a real concern.

She could have left willingly and thought this was a romance. He may be justifying his actions by believing this is a romance. However, it is not really a romance but rather an illusion of a romance.

Bottom line, I think LE in concerned with citizen complacency with this case.

I think TBI is releasing what information that the FBI will allow them to (in other words, not much).

They have to keep in mind that they are dealing with a narcissist with a long-built image of being a Godly man, which is not his true self. Once they unmask him for what he is really is (whatever dark information they have found), then he could be even more dangerous.

That's why they are handling him with kid gloves, so to speak. Having his wife say this is not you, etc. Calling him Poppy. Trying to say, you are still a husband, father, grandfather.

We all know what he is, but narcissists love to hide who they really are from people. What worries me is that he risked taking off the mask just enough to do something truly despicable.

MOO

Actually, I was disputing your claim that TN has a "crazy" law making it legal. That is not the case. Clarity, not parsing, would be the correct word here.

Nonetheless, your false comment did allow me to learn something new from others today and that is always a good day.

I appreciate your help.

Really? False comment? It was said earlier that TN had this law, I was repeating what was way back several threads ago.

If we have to communicate this way, might be best we don't. Ask me for clarification if you don't understand, things that sound like accusations don't sit well with me, this is the 2nd time today.

No need to discuss it, we can either discuss without accusatory statements or not, up to you.

I very much think the concern is that well meaning friends are helping him, I came to that conclusion last night.

Oh, I see. Thus the lecture about the situation being a crime. Got it.
In that case, at least Elizabeth is safer.
Also, maybe not a sexual relationship?
Don't jump all over me peeps but wouldn't it be a good thing if it were not sexual in nature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne1060