Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. On one of the podcast that NG covered the man who was with her (Whatley I believe) mentioned they could have just put there phones in the bed of a parked truck, or on the back of an 18 wheeler and let the phone go so it would ping.

Of course, that doesn't make sense as to why it only pinged once unless both phones were close to dying, but still.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I said the same thing in I think thread two
Nothing stopping people from printing her flyer and making a removable sticker that you can put on your vehicle. Remember too, when you post missing flyers to put them in sheet protectors so the elements don't destroy them.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Is it verified to be true that TC is a forensic scientist?

“Forensic science is the application of science to criminal and civil laws, mainly—on the criminal side—during criminal investigation, as governed by the legal standards of admissible evidence and criminal procedure.”

If true, could that info. be used to track him more efficiently?

“Forensic science is the application of science to criminal and civil laws, mainly—on the criminal side—during criminal investigation, as governed by the legal standards of admissible evidence and criminal procedure.”

I don't know his training on that and the depth of his knowledge, but.. If he has a lot of knowledge in that area, it could really make it harder to track him down, I would think.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Yeah they will especially to people outside the area. For me, having a strong southern accent and all my family having a Southern accent, I couldn't detect one in her. Now someone up north might detect one with her.

i was born in ohio, moved to texas in 87 and over time, according to my friends in ohio, i devoloped a southern accent. i cant hear it myself, but they can. and the dialect changes too.

i was born in ohio, moved to texas in 87 and over time, according to my friends in ohio, i devoloped a southern accent. i cant hear it myself, but they can. and the dialect changes too.
Right and likely people in TX wouldn't detect an accent in you or would detect an outside accent.

Is there someone here that would be willing to create a for reward $. $6k is pretty sad. There was a $10k reward set for my niece's teacher when he fled to Bosnia

Here's an very interesting high profile case when a guy who took a female teen were spotted by bystanders in the woods. Pretty incredible story. Everyone might know about it. Will this be solved similarly?!
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/11/us/idaho-riders/

Oh man...brand new gear! How did that thought not occur to me as something to watch for?! That was one smart old gent.

Ummm...no. He was a respiratory therapist.

Well,if a child crosses state lines,that makes it federal,so it shouldn't be too hard to have the FBI mandate a
whole country amber alert. What is the harm in it? It can only help.

I don't think they have that power.

if a person lives long enough in one area, they are going to have an accent whether a southern, new england, boston or coastal accent. it devolops over time so its slow to notice especially when you see each other all the time.
I'm originally from the west but live in NC now. When I watched both the video of ET and the CPR video of TC I was struck by the difference in their accents. To me TC had a strong southern accent where ET didn't seem to have much of one, if any. That may be a way that they would stand out...two different accents.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I don't think they have that power.
Isn't it involved with the DOJ somehow? It makes sense to me that the DOJ should have their own alert when one needs to be nationwide.

Sorry, at least you can see it is Fox 17 and there is one set up if intetested. Am sure Kat can verify.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

What was the forensics class he taught?

Beats me. In high school, "forensics" seems to refer to debate classes. It's NOT forensic science. To the best of my knowledge, TC was basically a respiratory therapist who taught a sort of vo tech class for students who wanted to look into health related fields.

He was a member of HOSA (I think). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HOSA_(organization)

Beats me. In high school, "forensics" seems to refer to debate classes. It's NOT forensic science. To the best of my knowledge, TC was basically a respiratory therapist who taught a sort of vo tech class for students who wanted to look into health related fields.

He was a member of HOSA (I think). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HOSA_(organization)
Yeah I remember HOSA mentioned on his FB.

I had no idea forensics wasn't forensics, but wondered why they were teaching that in high school.

AMBER ALERT is never issued on a nationwide basis.

42-page 2015 AMBER ALERT report –
Detailed information, including charts and map, at this link:
https://www.amberalert.gov/pdfs/2015AMBERAlertReport.pdf

Some pertinent points on page 6:
Once an AMBER Alert is activated, the alert may be issued in another state/territory at the request of the originating state’s AMBER Alert coordinator, thus creating a multistate/territory activation.
Although an AMBER Alert can be issued in multiple states or territories, it is never issued on a nationwide basis.
AMBER Alerts are geographically targeted based on law enforcement’s investigation.

And page 9:
Multistate/territory AMBER Alerts
When an AMBER Alert is issued an abductor may take the child outside the jurisdiction of the issuing law enforcement authority. In some cases the AMBER Alert coordinator in the state/territory where the AMBER Alert originated may request an AMBER Alert be extended into another state/territory.

Well, on a voluntary basis the federal agencies can, but other than that not really. It's a voluntary program. I would think a good case could be made in this instance to go nationwide, especially since they've gotten no credible leads and no sightings since they disappeared which would indicate they're out of the area of the current AA.

Isn't it involved with the DOJ somehow? It makes sense to me that the DOJ should have their own alert when one needs to be nationwide.

I see no evidence of a nationwide program of any kind. No mechanism via the DOJ or any other federal entity whereby Amber Alerts can be issued nationwide. It appears to be entirely left up to the states.

Should there be a nationwide Amber Alert? It would sure help save and locate this girl. However, I can imagine the clamor if there was such a mechanism. Should each one be nationwide? If not, why not? And what would the criteria be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member