IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
RL did not do this.

I have always said that RL is not BG, but respectfully I won't clear him in my mind from knowing more than he has told until LE officially says they have cleared him, which they have not.

Another poster asked the same question and my answer was :

Sorry but I choose not to do that bc I don't want to expose his name.
I have sent tip to the police about him.
FYII ; In 2001 he was convicted of conspiracy/murder

My reason for posting it was I would like to know other members opinion on wether they also, as I, found it odd that he has bin interviewd in the media twice about the murder.

Are you simply asking if it would be odd if the person who committed the crime found a way to insert him/herself in the investigation?

If that's the question, I would say, from what I've read (I'm no professional profiler or investigator) it is not as odd as you would think. Often the perpetrator does what they can to stay close to the investigation to try learn what LE knows/doesn't know. Of course, I can't think of an example at the moment...so, mostly MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*edited to correct spelling 🤦🏼*♀️

I have always said that RL is not BG, but respectfully I won't clear him in my mind from knowing more than he has told until LE officially says they have cleared him, which they have not.

I think if he knows or recognizes BG someone else does too. How many people would cover for a man who killed two girls?

Same here. LE told us at the time of the SW that it would take 2-6 weeks to get results back on anything they took from the home. I'm going to wait and see what they get, if anything. Perhaps they will announce that he is cleared. That would be great and we can all move on, but it's too soon to know for sure.

Not really relevant but it's interesting to me that they stopped to ask permission to search RL's property on the 13th. I come from a small rural town, and if two local girls are missing and possibly injured and it's getting dark, no one is asking your permission to search your land. Not gonna happen. Someone may stop and say, "Hey Bob, we gotta check the back 20," but no one is asking. And BTW, Bob's reply will be, "Let me grab a coffee and a flashlight..." All IMO MOO

:loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:
POST OF THE DAY!!!

Im not only barking up that tree, I'm climbing it, picking apples from it and then lying beneath it for shade until charges are filed. IMO There is no reason to think outside the box unless you can't find what you are looking for inside the box. I found what I was looking for right inside that box.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I hope LE has checked around for anyone who may have been doing work in the area that day, whether it was something like utility workers or anyone who may have been doing work on a house or something. I just think about how that brown around BG's waist could be something like a tool apron. I'm sure they have but I worry sometimes thinking how overwhelming investigating something like this could be. that they could overlook something.

jmo

Not really relevant but it's interesting to me that they stopped to ask permission to search RL's property on the 13th. I come from a small rural town, and if two local girls are missing and possibly injured and it's getting dark, no one is asking your permission to search your land. Not gonna happen. Someone may stop and say, "Hey Bob, we gotta check the back 20," but no one is asking. And BTW, Bob's reply will be, "Let me grab a coffee and a flashlight..." All IMO MOO

I'd like to think my neighbors would be so helpful, and they probably would, but here in TX, I just assume everyone is armed and ready to shoot first and ask questions later if they see someone roaming around on their property. If you give them a heads up, they probably wouldn't shoot, though.

Maybe the police and FBI knows something about the killer, or have al least one clue to get to him and maybe they are using RL to make the killer think he's safe and prevent him of a escape.

Im not only barking up that tree, I'm climbing it, picking apples from it and then lying beneath it for shade until charges are filed. IMO There is no reason to think outside the box unless you can't find what you are looking for inside the box. I found what I was looking for right inside that box.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

So you legitimately think RL looks like BG?

I think if he knows or recognizes BG someone else does too. How many people would cover for a man who killed two girls?

Oh goodness, do you really want the answer to that question? I think I have followed too many cases where the perp is obvious, but there's been no arrest due to lack of evidence. Unfortunately, I think some people would cover up for a child killer. I think it's most likely to happen if the killer is a relative of the person who is covering for them. Just look at Casey Anthony's mother. JMO

Question for anybody local: is there any major road construction going on in the Delphi area? The kind of thing that would bring in an outside construction crew?

It's not as simple and clear cut as you may think. Probationers routinely sign Fourth Amendment waivers, but they have been challenged in court many times (sometimes successfully). Google "Fourth amendment search and seizure waiver Indiana", and you will find many court cases addressing the various issues involved.

In RL's case it's possible that the search/seizure is limited to only alcohol. That wouldn't give LE the right to seize clothing or a potential murder weapon. Many times the warrantless search can only be conducted by a probation officer, or by a LEO acting on behalf of a probation officer. There's a huge difference between a probation officer checking RL's cabinets or vehicle for booze, and the FBI combing 40 acres of property for evidence of a murder.

I cannot imagine that in a homicide investigation of two young girls LE is going to take ANY chance that their key evidence will be tossed out, or that it will be tied up in the appeals system for years. The stakes are much too high.

Interesting, I was trying to read more about this waiver of 4th amendment rights by probationers and found this.
https://acluva.org/863/waiver-of-fourth-amendment-rights/
HB 1366 (Cline)
Provides that among the conditions the court may impose upon a probationer is that the person, vehicle, or home of the defendant shall be subject to search without a warrant during the period of his probation when the search derives from a violation of other conditions imposed upon the defendant by the court or arises out of a suspicion that the defendant is engaged in conduct the same as that or substantially similar to that for which he was convicted, provided that such condition may be imposed only upon a defendant convicted of certain specified felonies. Failed to pass in the House (49-Y, 50-N). The ACLU opposed this bill.

So I went on a short vacation and gave my brain a little rest from all this. Only now am I wondering if someone could explain why a tech savvy teenager would not have went live on FB if they truly felt threatened as she filmed? I know, I know.....I am not victim blaming. What I am doing is trying to understand why she merely started a simple video, if they felt threatened. MAybe something was just "off" with the guy and they thought they would go home and share the video later. She probably quickly stuffed the phone in her pocket when she realized they had real trouble. If they had felt threatened at the time she videoed, I would have expected her to go "live" on Facebook so as to bring the calvary.

Also, I think this is a drifter and a crime of opportunity.

All of the above is simply me thinking out loud and MOO. A friend in Lafayette bought me one of the lovely angel keychains that are embroidered with their names. I have it hanging from my mirror in my car with a cross and a rosary. They are rarely far from my thoughts.

BBM

No! RL is in jail, safe and sound and so is the public, if he is indeed a suspect. If he is going to be charged, LE will take their sweet time, and put together an extremely tight case. It makes sense, since he is not out on the streets to worry about, they have the luxury of time to solidify evidence. As soon as they charge a suspect with a crime, the clock starts ticking. The defendant can demand his right for a speedy trial, and force the prosecutor to go to court very quickly. If there is no danger to the public, they will wait to charge him until they are set to present the entire case on day 1. Seen it happen many times. many times!

That to me says they don't have rock solid evidence if they have to piece things together.

Either way I think it does a disservice because RL sits in jail and has his life further ruined over this case or everyone local assumes RL is the culprit and are no longer leaving tips or tuned in because he hasn't been cleared. Both are unfortunate. MOO.

Same here. LE told us at the time of the SW that it would take 2-6 weeks to get results back on anything they took from the home. I'm going to wait and see what they get, if anything. Perhaps they will announce that he is cleared. That would be great and we can all move on, but it's too soon to know for sure.

Oh oops! I forgot about that. I had seen a post by a close family friend on FB the day after the funeral so I've just had that in my head.

So I went on a short vacation and gave my brain a little rest from all this. Only now am I wondering if someone could explain why a tech savvy teenager would not have went live on FB if they truly felt threatened as she filmed? I know, I know.....I am not victim blaming. What I am doing is trying to understand why she merely started a simple video, if they felt threatened. MAybe something was just "off" with the guy and they thought they would go home and share the video later. She probably quickly stuffed the phone in her pocket when she realized they had real trouble. If they had felt threatened at the time she videoed, I would have expected her to go "live" on Facebook so as to bring the calvary.

Also, I think this is a drifter and a crime of opportunity.

All of the above is simply me thinking out loud and MOO. A friend in Lafayette bought me one of the lovely angel keychains that are embroidered with their names. I have it hanging from my mirror in my car with a cross and a rosary. They are rarely far from my thoughts.

Well, I read that Abby and Libby were interested in becoming criminal investigators. What if they thought he looked like a criminal who might commit a crime at a later date ( not that day and not against them) so they decided to get him on video so they could have video of a suspect and solve a case if he turned out to do something illegal.

That to me says they don't have rock solid evidence if they have to piece things together.

Either way I think it does a disservice because RL sits in jail and has his life further ruined over this case or everyone local assumes RL is the culprit and are no longer leaving tips or tuned in because he hasn't been cleared. Both are unfortunate. MOO.

RL is not sitting in jail because he has been charged with anything related to Abby and Libby's death. RL has three DUI's and has violated his probation which means that assuming he is cleared of any wrongdoing in this double homicide he may very likely remain in jail for 2-3 years to serve out his drunk driving conviction. He may innocent of murder but he is not being wrongly held.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500