IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
who is "he"?

I want to follow Burnt Toast on this. Can we get a link to this interview? TIA. The timeline here is something that may be unraveling a bit and we need to make sure everything we "know" was said and done in sequence IMO.

MOO

Perhaps their phone pings are a tad more precise than we are led to believe and maybe "SOMEBODY" professed not to be in the ping areas, but was found to be untruthful?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
"pings" do not zero in on the location of the phone but instead the nearest available tower.

So I went on a short vacation and gave my brain a little rest from all this. Only now am I wondering if someone could explain why a tech savvy teenager would not have went live on FB if they truly felt threatened as she filmed? I know, I know.....I am not victim blaming. What I am doing is trying to understand why she merely started a simple video, if they felt threatened. MAybe something was just "off" with the guy and they thought they would go home and share the video later. She probably quickly stuffed the phone in her pocket when she realized they had real trouble. If they had felt threatened at the time she videoed, I would have expected her to go "live" on Facebook so as to bring the calvary.

Also, I think this is a drifter and a crime of opportunity.

All of the above is simply me thinking out loud and MOO. A friend in Lafayette bought me one of the lovely angel keychains that are embroidered with their names. I have it hanging from my mirror in my car with a cross and a rosary. They are rarely far from my thoughts.

As a couple of others have pointed out, that age group seems to have abandoned Facebook. My nieces and nephews are 12-15 and they hardly ever sign onto Facebook anymore. Snapchat is where it's at. My guess is that the girls used the app that they're most comfortable and familiar with. They may not have ever used Facebook live before. Facebook live was created as a competition for Snapchat. If you were already using Snapchat to begin with, you might not go back to the other. Plus, if they knew all their friends utilized the other app more, it would make sense for her to have gone with the app that she thought would reach the most people.

With that being said, it's hard to say what happened. I am sure she did it very quickly. Her finger might have just hit the button/app it came to first. I find Facebook live not as user friendly, myself. You have to open Facebook, bring up a post, and hit the "live" button. My snapchat and Instagram apps, however, are accessible with a single swipe of my finger.

Conversely, it worries me how anyone can dismiss the possibility that BG and RL might be the same person. Particularly since LE hasn't specifically stated that they are not the same person.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Goodness please don't worry about things you have no control over. Because we have so little official information to go by, I think many of us haven't formed an opinion. If we have, it would be better referred to as a guess!

how do you know he still drinks and drives and was doing so while FBI and reporters "flooded" the town?

A possibility is on the 13 th at 6:30 when he says he arrived home that a police officer observed HBD. I would really like to know if any of the searching neighbors or LEOs made that observation.

yes, there is a bit of time missing, what were they doing and where?
I think they mean prior to the bridge incident, they could've theoretically trespasses on adjoining property and angered an owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless, what we know is that the girls were dropped off at the park, they walked to the bridge, as they approached the end of the bridge the suspect was 'on them', and they were abducted. Then they were murdered. They were not wandering around on private property causing problems and then abducted on the bridge.

I don't at this point, believe anyone truly has the exact answer, of what happened out there at this time. I believe unless you are "God", everything is just someones opinion. MOO.

As a couple of others have pointed out, that age group seems to have abandoned Facebook. My nieces and nephews are 12-15 and they hardly ever sign onto Facebook anymore. Snapchat is where it's at. My guess is that the girls used the app that they're most comfortable and familiar with. They may not have ever used Facebook live before. Facebook live was created as a competition for Snapchat. If you were already using Snapchat to begin with, you might not go back to the other. Plus, if they knew all their friends utilized the other app more, it would make sense for her to have gone with the app that she thought would reach the most people.

With that being said, it's hard to say what happened. I am sure she did it very quickly. Her finger might have just hit the button/app it came to first. I find Facebook live not as user friendly, myself. You have to open Facebook, bring up a post, and hit the "live" button. My snapchat and Instagram apps, however, are accessible with a single swipe of my finger.

When Snapchat came out, however, a lot of teens migrated there...long before FB Live even existed.

Snapchat was initially launched in 2012. It was being used for years as THE leading live platform. Facebook Live was late to the game in comparison. It didn't launch until 2016.

So my question is would teens abandon a popular app they'd been using for a few years to go back to one they considered antiquated?

Conversely, it worries me how anyone can dismiss the possibility that BG and RL might be the same person. Particularly since LE hasn't specifically stated that they are not the same person.

Fair enough. So, by that logic, we can say that RL is not a suspect because LE said so, right? (at this time)

LE doesn't publicize everything they have-ever. Why in the world would they come out to specifically say that BG and RL are not the same person. On the same token, LE has said that BG IS a suspect and RL is not. (at this time). Do you believe LE only in some instances (that fit your theory) and not in other instances (that don't)?

Food for thought.

Just FYI, I haven't ruled RL out, by any means...I'd basically hang up my sleuthing hat if he and BG are the same person. I really would.

When Snapchat came out, however, a lot of teens migrated there...long before FB Live even existed.

Snapchat was initially launched in 2012. It was being used for years as THE leading live platform. Facebook Live was late to the game in comparison. It didn't launch until 2016.

So my question is would teens abandon a popular app they'd been using for a few years to go back to one they considered antiquated?

That's what I said. Snapchat existed before Facebook Live. FL was created as competition for Snapchat. That was the point I was trying to make in my post and my explanation for why the teens might have been more comfortable with SC-because they had been using it longer.

I want to follow Burnt Toast on this. Can we get a link to this interview? TIA. The timeline here is something that may be unraveling a bit and we need to make sure everything we "know" was said and done in sequence IMO.

MOO

It is one of the media interviews and I will attempt to find it after I get fully awake. I'm sure it's what he (RL) said because it immediately struck me how would he know that.

Are there No Trespassing signs posted on each end of the bridge?

"Ever since it was built in 1891, people have tested their nerves by illegally walking the High Bridge, a span that carried trains far above the Deer Creek Valley until it was abandoned by CSX in 1987. "
https://www.indianalandmarks.org/endangered-property/monon-high-bridge/

Not sure, but signs are easily removed. There have been red barriers shown in photos here, the town has been trying for years to add the bridge as a part of the trail, with the Mear family donating their property on the north side. Iirc if you walk towards RL's property from the.north side of the RR your on the Mears property which ends appx behind the cemetary, then it's RL's property. Jmo

JMO..No matter my personal belief, I wouldn't dismiss the possibility he could have involvement in some way but as far as him actually being the guy we see in those 2 images, for me, there's no way I can't dismiss it. I may not be able to look at those images and see the finer details..ie: eye color, exact hair color, facial hair etc. however, they're clear enough for me that if BG was someone I knew I believe I'd recognize him. They're also clear enough, imo, that I can tell BG is not an old man, certainly not in his 70's at least. Honestly speaking, and no disrespect intended towards anyone, but I really don't see how anyone can look at those images and think it could be him.

MOO.

It does when you consider whether she was truly frightened at that point or just being cautious. Was it a blitz attack or were they just filming this guy to show someone later.

In any case, I think I am going back to simply lurking here the way I have for years. I have made less than 20 posts and everyone seems to be so tense and ready to brush off any ideas unless, of course, they had them first. JMO

I will not stop following this case but I am just going to keep my mouth shut. Everyone seems to be an expert and I am clearly not.

To answer your original question, in rural areas like that the cell phone service and data are subpar. I doubt it would support facebook live, also, although they had facebook accounts, facebook isn't really what the cool kids are active in these days. The regular camera function on an Iphone (which most people think that she had) is super easy to get to. I even realized after -- easier to access the camera than to call 911. With the limited footage that has been released, my guess is that there is little actual video footage of the perp and that the moment that she was feeling seriously uneasy & the moment that they were accosted and she concealed her phone were quite close together.

Think before you post folks and please stay on topic.

Fair enough. So, by that logic, we can say that RL is not a suspect because LE said so, right? (at this time)

LE doesn't publicize everything they have-ever. Why in the world would they come out to specifically say that BG and RL are not the same person. On the same token, LE has said that BG IS a suspect and RL is not. (at this time). Do you believe LE only in some instances (that fit your theory) and not in other instances (that don't)?

Food for thought.

Just FYI, I haven't ruled RL out, by any means...I'd basically hang up my sleuthing hat if he and BG are the same person. I really would.
RL does not need to be BG to be implicated somehow

Do you have medical records stating he is for a fact an alcoholic? That would be a serious infraction of the HIPAA laws and I am sure you don't want the fines and confinement associated with that.

I have no opinion as to RL's involvement but we are not privy to his medical records. Court records do not have ICD 10 codes

LOL HIPAA does not apply in this case. It only applies to those privy to his medical records, which are none of us.

So hopefully some results will come back in the next week or so either clearing or implicating RL. Maybe in the meantime an arrest in the case will be made. They could even be on the verge.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member