Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was 15 and my forensics teacher told me that I had brought my best DNA with me from a crowded house on those 2 items I would believe him. I'm thinking how easily he could ******** her if she bought he was ex-CIA etc

Do we even know if he told her to bring those two things?

Great article. The only thing I noticed amiss was the news is still saying she's 5'5. Authorities have been trying to change that, because she's actually 5'.
im short at 5'2 but she is really short. Since I wouldn't want to be even 1 inch shorter (for work purposes), I noticed that important detail about her.

She is 5'2 not 5'5 we keep trying it get this corrected. I'm 5'0. Her younger sister is 5'3.5. ET is right between us at about 5'2. Non of us are anywhere near 5'5

If I was 15 and my forensics teacher told me that I had brought my best DNA with me from a crowded house on those 2 items I would believe him. I'm thinking how easily he could ******** her if she bought he was ex-CIA etc

Was she taking a Forensics class in HS? My son went to HS in Florida and they didn't teach Forensics there, but maybe other states are different?

I can't find a post now I was looking for, but it was basically asking if there could be some bias at the school due to socio-economic status, etc.

I think there very much could be some bias at the school based on preconceived notions and stereotypes. I've seen people here think the school could be trying to help ET by hiding the incident from her father based on an assumption with no basis that once a victim of parental child abuse, always a victim of parental child abuse.

So yes, there could be much bias in the school on the part of administration, staff and students. It has been said that even some teachers talked about ET being promiscuous, I don't know if that is true or has been confirmed or not, but I've seen a lot of adults in social media doing that very thing. It wouldn't surprise me if there were adults in a school doing that. Not sure how big that school is, it doesn't seem to be a large school, but rumors fly so fast in a school of any size, especially these days with social media. Adults are not immune from believing unfounded rumors at all.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I think Elizabeth's face shape is important to pay attention to. She has a distinct heart shaped face and along with a relatively full bottom lip and defined upper lip. I honestly would think she would be easy to identify due to these things which cannot be altered (at least too much).

So true! I have a couple in the extended family. They can be the most cunning and evil one minute and the next they are completely charming. Normal people don't behave that way and that ability to keep normal people off balance is one of the narcissists greatest tools.

I've read a lot on the subject and according to what I've read, the narcissist cannot be rehabilitated. They are resistant to any attempts at counseling and are considered pretty hopeless cases. It reminds me of people born without a conscience or the ability to feel empathy. Once that window of opportunity to gain these necessary traits has passed it is something they will never really have. They can mimic the traits but the real feeling is not present and they cannot relate to what people who have the real feelings are going through.
good comments. When I briefly dated a narcissist (con artist). He wanted money and after love bombing me , dumped me because I had limits on what I would/could give him. I told my story earlier. Anyways....Lucky for me he hit the jackpot and found a woman who had money! :) Anyways, a huge trait of his was that had no empathy. I was his full time conscience...errrr
Also he sang horrible but wanted to sing on stage with professional type singers in a large professional type church. What is this about kooks (sorry about archaic word) singing terribly but think they are gifted??

One of the things pointed out last night, it was unwilling even if she made the choice to go, because TC manipulated her thinking, she wasn't making her choices.

A couple of important things about that.. If she said "yes I want to go" if someone sees them in public, there could be a girl that looks like she is with her father having a great time. People might not give them a second thought if they think ET was forced against her will and miss a chance to spot them or come up with an idea where they could be. If she decided to go with him, there is more if a chance they will end up some place they want to go and even a place to have fun.

For me if ET said "I want to leave with you" that could be better because when she does tire of a life on the run, and she will, TC won't be suspicious of her and she will have an easy chance to get away and get help.

Whenever cops are investigating, they always try to get into the mind of the perp and victim to try and come up with ideas of what they might do based on their thinking and views, to help find them or solve a case.

The mindset of both people is a great tool on coming up with ideas of things to check.

With all that said, even if ET said "yes" we all know that wasn't really HER choice, that was TC's decision and he made her think it was her decision and it makes her no less a victim than if he grabbed her off the street and took off with her. Personally, I hope he convinced her she wanted to go with him, to me that means she is safer for a longer time and her chances to be recognized, seen or escape, increase a tremendous amount.

This is exactly why it matters if she went willingly or not.

So she knew she was going overnight and she must know as much as any educated person even though she is only 15? You miss my point. It is afte midnigt, I have just been through the tail of a cyclone and I don't wish to argue. I'm too tired.

She is 5'2 not 5'5 we keep trying it get this corrected. I'm 5'0. Her younger sister is 5'3.5. ET is right between us at about 5'2. Non of us are anywhere near 5'5
That is very helpful, I'm 5-1.5" (I always claim that 1/2 inch) so I really notice people of that height that are with someone 6 ft, because that has always been me.

Cummins, who taught in Culleoka, Tennessee, was fired earlier this week, the TBI said. His dismissal came after authorities issued a warrant for him on the sexual misconduct charge.

That charge was based on an "alleged interaction" with a teen, the TBI said. Cummins was not Thomas' teacher, and the history of their relationship is unknown, TBI Private Investigative Officer Josh Devine said.
http://www.ktts.com/news/national/t...der-as-police-search-for-him-15-year-old-girl

I just played the video of Elizabeth teaching her brother how to sew to several co-workers. Everyone gathered around the table and I explained that I was going to play them a video of a girl from Tennessee who was kidnapped by an older man who groomed her.
I asked them to tell me what stuck out about her in the video and how they could identify her if they happened to see her walking down the street later on.
(I cropped out the media headline about the lisp and also purposely neglected to tell them her exact age )
They had the same reaction that I did. They said that she really looks and sounds and acts just like any of our daughters. Nobody heard an accent or the lisp that the media headline mentioned. ( We're in Jersey)
Because Many feel like Elizabeth could blend in with a crowd so easily, I feel like it's extremely important that we really study her images and voice. We must really concentrate on it so we could recognize her . Law enforcement said they could be anywhere by now so it's imperative that we all keep our eyes out!
While I believe Tad Cummins will keep Elizabeth hidden away from the public eye, you never really know! Stranger things have happened so I think we should all take just a minute to embed Elizabeth's image in our minds!

Regarding that video, I remember reading somewhere that ET was left-handed. In the video,she is sewing with her RIGHT hand and also gesturing with her right hand. Does anyone remember if we were told what her dominant hand is.

Can someone please tell me where the assumption began about her taking her hair brush and tooth brush because of DNA? This makes absolutely no sense to me.

I just played the video of Elizabeth teaching her brother how to sew to several co-workers. Everyone gathered around the table and I explained that I was going to play them a video of a girl from Tennessee who was kidnapped by an older man who groomed her.
I asked them to tell me what stuck out about her in the video and how they could identify her if they happened to see her walking down the street later on.
(I cropped out the media headline about the lisp and also purposely neglected to tell them her exact age )
They had the same reaction that I did. They said that she really looks and sounds and acts just like any of our daughters. Nobody heard an accent or the lisp that the media headline mentioned. ( We're in Jersey)
Because Many feel like Elizabeth could blend in with a crowd so easily, I feel like it's extremely important that we really study her images and voice. We must really concentrate on it so we could recognize her . Law enforcement said they could be anywhere by now so it's imperative that we all keep our eyes out!
While I believe Tad Cummins will keep Elizabeth hidden away from the public eye, you never really know! Stranger things have happened so I think we should all take just a minute to embed Elizabeth's image in our minds!
Yes, a young girl with no accents with an old guy with a southern accent might look 'off' as in the case of Hannah Anderson (not the accent in that case but something appeared 'off').

Can someone please tell me where the assumption began about her taking her hair brush and tooth brush because of DNA? This makes absolutely no sense to me.

I think the poster put the theory out there because TC taught forensics?

Regarding that video, I remember reading somewhere that ET was left-handed. In the video,she is sewing with her RIGHT hand and also gesturing with her right hand. Does anyone remember if we were told what her dominant hand is.
I remember her being left-handed. A lot of times things like cutting sewing, using cooking utensils, etc.. Lefties learn to do those things with their right hand because many things are made for right handed people.

With sewing you are left to right generally, so ET could have been taught to sew by a righty or learned with instructions for right-handed people.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Tad is likely keeping her tucked away. He probably knows that he could blend in well alone but not so much with a young beautiful girl. Hopefully someone will recognize her if he does take her anywhere!

Oh FFS it was me. I have been sitting through a cyclone for two days thinking about him being a know it all manipulator and her being naive, and how she packed the first two things they look for to get DNA, it got twisted around and here we are. Sorry, I'm tired and forget it.

Yes, a young girl with no accents with an old guy with a southern accent might look 'off' as in the case of Hannah Anderson (not the accent in that case but something appeared 'off').

Yes it would be off, but it also depends what is going on at this point in time and i don't think knowing there is an alert out on the ET he would be seen in public with her?

Yes it would be off, but it also depends what is going on at this point in time and i don't think knowing there is an alert out on the ET he would be seen in public with her?
There is no such thing as no accent.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Tad is likely keeping her tucked away. He probably knows that he could blend in well alone but not so much with a young beautiful girl. Hopefully someone will recognize her if he does take her anywhere!
The thing is though, they could easily pass as any father and daughter as long as no one is acting romantic. Without knowing about this, I could sit next to them at McDonald's and think it was some father and daughter or uncle and niece and never have a red flag go off. There are plenty of unattractive fathers that have young, pretty daughters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member