Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was her teacher. From what I remember she took health from him in Dec 2015 when she first came to the school and then had forensics with him thus year until they removed her from his class after the kiss. Maybe the statement meant he wasn't currently her teacher.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Also just looked, that article is March 18th and hasn't been updated past then, so that was likely before more info was known.

I hope it wasn't a broadcast simply to make fun of his singing.

I think it was to get a sample of his voice. He claims to be a singer/prolific songwriter and musician so it would be helpful to have a sample in case he tries to assimilate into the music business or get gigs, however remote that may be considering his singing.

I think I'd go with grand-father and grand-daughter if I was going by those Walmart pics.
Yes that Walmart pic, because he looks much older there. He could have shaved his beard though or trimmed it and dyed it and lost weight and look younger now.

He was her teacher. From what I remember she took health from him in Dec 2015 when she first came to the school and then had forensics with him thus year until they removed her from his class after the kiss. Maybe the statement meant he wasn't currently her teacher.

I gotcha. But I was under the impression that he was currently her teacher. Maybe I drew that assumption from reading that, after the kissing report, ET was removed from his class. I don't know. But anyway, I guess I just find it even more shocking that the school would allow her to constantly hang out with a teacher who's class she wasn't even in, and NOT put a stop to that. And not just her, but any kid just "hanging out" all day with a teacher whose class they didn't even currently attend.

(ETA: Boy, this post is worded badly, isn't it ? Sorry. Too tired to edit.)

Good gosh--The local news has got FACTS wrong a lot in this case---Saying TC was not ET's teacher, her height is listed wrong twice,once as 5'5' and than 5'0' when Kat says she is 5'2' ---Facts are VERY important in this case as we are all looking for her. No offense to anyone from this TN area, but a lot of things in this case are just basically wrong,starting with the school district and the local news outlets. This is serious and ET needs to be found ASAP.

Not 100% on board. 'You're safer if you go willing'. Not sure on that. People go willingly with guys all the time, and it doesn't necessarily make it safe. Locally and recently a young woman was with an ex (in her car) and got shot. She wasn't forced in, but it turned deadly.
another local woman wasn't forced in a car with ex but went on vacation with him and it also turned deadly.
Also, it's highly unlikely she'll want to stay with him.
Continuing with your train of thought. Because she willingly left with him, she can ask him 'can I leave now.' And he will say, sure. ?
It isn't "safer if you go willingly" it is of he isn't worried about her escaping, he is going to give her more freedom and be less likely to keep her off the grid for a long time and he would trust her more.

And no she wouldn't ask him to leave but he would be more likely to not worry about her walking in a store by herself and her getting help.

I think it was to get a sample of his voice. He claims to be a singer/prolific songwriter and musician so it would be helpful to have a sample in case he tries to assimilate into the music business or get gigs, however remote that may be considering his singing.

Glad to hear that. I can picture my local radio station playing it just to make fun of his voice and not giving a lot of details about the case.

Has anyone else seen the article where TC was seen in a Walmart buying hair dye?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hair dye ended up being unrelated per a tweet from TBI.

Wait....what ? I was under the impression that TC was ET's teacher. No idea how I came to that conclusion, but I did. So, if he wasn't her teacher, what was she doing hanging out in his classroom?! And why the hell didn't the school put a stop it ? Not just ET, but any of these many kids that apparently just hung out with him ? He was just Good Time Charlie with a ready made hangout for his teenaged "friends" , and no-one at this school saw a problem with this?

Mind boggling.

He was. She took two classes with him. He wasn't "officially" her teacher when he kidnapped her because they had moved her out of his class

I gotcha. But I was under the impression that he was currently her teacher. Maybe I drew that assumption from reading that, after the kissing report, ET was removed from his class. I don't know. But anyway, I guess I just find it even more shocking that the school would allow her to constantly hang out with a teacher who's class she wasn't even in, and NOT put a stop to that. And not just her, but any kid just "hanging out" all day with a teacher whose class they didn't even currently attend.

(ETA: Boy, this post is worded badly, isn't it ? Sorry. Too tired to edit.)
Well he was currently her teacher until Jan of this year when she was removed from his class. So technically at the time of him taking her, he wasn't her teacher as she was removed from the class.

Also she wasn't supposed to be in his room after being removed and he was suspended because she was in there.

Not 100% on board. 'You're safer if you go willing'. Not sure on that. People go willingly with guys all the time, and it doesn't necessarily make it safe. Locally and recently a young woman was with an ex (in her car) and got shot. She wasn't forced in, but it turned deadly.
another local woman wasn't forced in a car with ex but went on vacation with him and it also turned deadly.
Also, it's highly unlikely she'll want to stay with him.
Continuing with your train of thought. Because she willingly left with him, she can ask him 'can I leave now.' And he will say, sure. ?
No I am not saying that, but in the SHORT term she is safer for NOW if she went willingly. If you look at statistics of abductions, ET will be safer if she went willingly and can buy time to get away.

Good gosh--The local news has got FACTS wrong a lot in this case---Saying TC was not ET's teacher, her height is listed wrong twice,once as 5'5' and than 5'0' when Kat says she is 5'2' ---Facts are VERY important in this case as we are all looking for her. No offense to anyone from this TN area, but a lot of things in this case are just basically wrong,starting with the school district and the local news outlets. This is serious and ET needs to be found ASAP.
It has seemed like media has gotten a lot wrong in thus case. Many of the national stories pick up the local and then that makes the national story wrong also.

When I saw the CBS article about the AA going out on the 15th, I went to my phone and looked and knew that was wrong. I got the AA about 8:09 pm the 14th.

I stated in #438 above why the constant questioning of whether she left willingly or not sounds like victim blaming. I ll rewrite it here in a few seconds. I need to go check in on April. :) Of course you may be new here, and just asking.

I don't see it as victim blaming, it's more to get a feel for her thought process at the time. If she went willingly, and if she is still with him willingly, if they are in public she is not going to draw attention to herself. It makes it more difficult for them to stand out. I am not blaming her, let me stress that point.

If I were in Target and saw what looked like a father & daughter shopping, and they are both engaged in picking things off the shelves, and talking, I wouldn't look twice. If I see the "daughter" on one end of the aisle with her arms folded, tapping her foot, and basically looking annoyed or frustrated, she would be way more noticeable.

This in NO WAY makes her any less of a victim.

Well he was currently her teacher until Jan of this year when she was removed from his class. So technically at the time of him taking her, he wasn't her teacher as she was removed from the class.

Also she wasn't supposed to be in his room after being removed and he was suspended because she was in there.

BBM

Well, that was what I initially thought. Then I read that article and second guessed myself. :facepalm:

BBM

Well, that was what I initially thought. Then I read that article and second guessed myself. :facepalm:
Well one thing about that article, it hadn't been updated since 3/18 and likely the current info wasn't out then.

Well the newspaper article should have said that,not that he wasn't her teacher. That is implied as never having taught her. A journalist should realize that. Get the story straight,this is a damn kidnapping of a child not a petty store break-in. FACTS MATTER

It isn't "safer if you go willingly" it is of he isn't worried about her escaping, he is going to give her more freedom and be less likely to keep her off the grid for a long time and he would trust her more.

And no she wouldn't ask him to leave but he would be more likely to not worry about her walking in a store by herself and her getting help.

ok. I see your point...

Well the newspaper article should have said that,not that he wasn't her teacher. That is implied as never having taught her. A journalist should realize that. Get the story straight,this is a damn kidnapping of a child not a petty store break-in. FACTS MATTER
That article was from 3/18 and updated on 3/18 so that info might not have been out then.

ok. I see your point...
Also the other point that they could look more natural as father/daughter or grandfather if he still looks as old, if she went with him and most people wouldn't give them a second glance because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member