Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was to get a sample of his voice. He claims to be a singer/prolific songwriter and musician so it would be helpful to have a sample in case he tries to assimilate into the music business or get gigs, however remote that may be considering his singing.
Yes, and it related to Destinay and his possibly grooming her, as well.

That article was from 3/18 and updated on 3/18 so that info might not have been out then.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Well than maybe do another article with the correct information (including her correct height).

I don't see it as victim blaming, it's more to get a feel for her thought process at the time. If she went willingly, and if she is still with him willingly, if they are in public she is not going to draw attention to herself. It makes it more difficult for them to stand out. I am not blaming her, let me stress that point.

If I were in Target and saw what looked like a father & daughter shopping, and they are both engaged in picking things off the shelves, and talking, I wouldn't look twice. If I see the "daughter" on one end of the aisle with her arms folded, tapping her foot, and basically looking annoyed or frustrated, she would be way more noticeable.

This in NO WAY makes her any less of a victim.
so actually subtle unwillingness is more of a flag to bystanders than if they are seemingly happy, (I.e., Hannah Anderson's abduction)

Well than maybe do another article with the correct information (including her correct height).
Well CNN probably has new articles out but someone just found an older one and linked it. I try to make sure I look at the article date and updated date when they are linked here.

The thing is though, they could easily pass as any father and daughter as long as no one is acting romantic. Without knowing about this, I could sit next to them at McDonald's and think it was some father and daughter or uncle and niece and never have a red flag go off. There are plenty of unattractive fathers that have young, pretty daughters.

I represent this remark. 100% thankyouverymuch lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The attorney continues:

Cummins, a master manipulator, created such chaos in the 15-year-old’s mind that she’s basically under his spell.

“Think about the irony here. he creates this situation and then serves as the savior to take her away. It’s mind boggling to think it could work that way, but it’s exactly what happened,” Whatley said.

“He has overcome her ability to say no. He’s a master manipulator. This is a man. A dangerous man who knew exactly what he was doing,” Whatley added.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/03/...-girl-elizabeth-thomas-for-her-own-abduction/

"He has overcome her ability to say no" Scarry

One thing I try to be very careful of while posting about situations that are happening in real time, is that every word I say here is put out there for anyone to read. I don't share every thought or opinion I might have for exactly that reason. If my opinion isn't really helpful, or can actually be harmful, I try to shut my mouth. That is why, apart from his lousy singing, you don't see me sharing my every thought when it comes to Tad Cummins. He could very well be reading here. I'm not inclined to help push anyone over the edge simply because I think the whole world has to know what I think about someone or something.

I take that same approach with the innocent people in every case I involve myself with here. If I think the mother of a missing child dresses like a hussy, I keep that kind of thing to myself, because commenting on that is NOT helpful. If I think the wife of a serial killer is a blazing , I generally don't say so, because it is not helpful. Etc. Etc. In this particular case, where a child's life might depend on everyone keeping a cool head and NOT driving anyone to do anything rash, I think that's a good rule of thumb for all of us. But, I only control my own words here.

All JMO.

I hear you on this, MK! Irrelevant gossip regarding the families of victims is counter-productive. And for the record, JC is absolutely 100% a victim of TC's crimes and what happened to her is a nightmare come to life for any spouse. I hope she gets community and familial support, professional therapy, and anything else she needs to get through this over the long-term. That monster destroyed her life, no doubt about it. That being said, there seems to be a disconnect somewhere in terms of empathy and outreach on behalf of the Cummins towards the Thomas family. I am not basing this solely on the DailyMail article quote and won't detail further.

Finding ET is the priority and it is for that very reason that I believe that both families would benefit if a modicum of respect, if not an open line of communication were extended from TC's loved ones towards Kat, her father, and Elizabeth's other siblings. MOO.

"He has overcome her ability to say no" Scarry
That also speaks to what I said.. She could say "yes I want to go with you" and thinks she means that and has no idea it wasn't her idea.

There are people that are skilled at directing others to a point of view or an idea and the person never knows it wasn't their idea at all.

My guess is TC is one of those people skilled in wanting a person to do something and making them believe it was their own idea the entire time.

Well CNN probably has new articles out but someone just found an older one and linked it. I try to make sure I look at the article date and updated date when they are linked here.

But this was a local newspaper story. It is local-it should matter to them to get the facts correct and update their story than--I feel as if I am missing something-- a local 15YO child is kidnapped, the local newspaper does an article,gets 2 facts wrong and 12 days later they still haven't corrected her height. Kat stated the family is trying to get them to change her height. What is so hard about that,just do another story with the correct information so we can find ET--- What am I missing here?

But this was a local newspaper story. It is local-it should matter to them to get the facts correct and update their story than--I feel as if I am missing something-- a local 15YO child is kidnapped, the local newspaper does an article,gets 2 facts wrong and 12 days later they still haven't corrected her height. Kat stated the family is trying to get them to change her height. What is so hard about that,just do another story with the correct information so we can find ET--- What am a missing here?
Oh the height one? Yes I think that was a local one. I thought we were talking about the CNN article about him not being her teacher, sorry.

ET's sister mentioned early on there were some things that were incorrect in the media they were trying to get corrected and not having much luck.

I don't know about the local news in Columbia, but when I was in Franklin, it was a joke of a local newspaper. A couple of people and I believe they were part-time and only worked a couple days a week, basically about a 5 page flyer vs a newspaper. That could be the case with the local news there. The problem happens when the bigger outlets pick up those local sources and they haven't corrected info.

This is another reason I have no confidence in TN TBI!
This was an article dated 3/18 and the full info might not have been out when this was done.

3 things jump out snipped

1) ET described as having the ability "to portray herself as very socially mature" ; if appearance is changed to appear older she could pose as a wife and not stanf out
2) EpiPens left behind
3) "Elizabeth Thomas took her cell phone with her. The family confirmed a signal was last detected in Decatur, AL.

Anthony Thomas said he fears when he called his daughter days ago, Tad Cummins made her shut it off."

Probably the sadest comment
Elizabeth Thomas also left behind her favorite stuffed animal and her dog, Eclipse, who she loves dearly.

Oh the height one? Yes I think that was a local one. I thought we were talking about the CNN article about him not being her teacher, sorry.

ET's sister mentioned early on there were some things that were incorrect in the media they were trying to get corrected and not having much luck.

I don't know about the local news in Columbia, but when I was in Franklin, it was a joke of a local newspaper. A couple of people and I believe they were part-time and only worked a couple days a week, basically about a 5 page flyer vs a newspaper. That could be the case with the local news there. The problem happens when the bigger outlets pick up those local sources and they haven't corrected info.

It was a CNN article for the JC not being the teacher,but they merely re-stated what TBI said,which was either flat-out wrong or confusing because at the MOMENT he wasn't her teacher. Anyway, I still don't get it--at least get her height correct so people can know what to look for. By following this case, I have learned a lot about TN. and my impression is not good. TBI,local newspaper, local school board, faculty and students.... just something not right with this--how can so much be incorrect and not taken as seriously as it should be.

This was an article dated 3/18 and the full info might not have been out when this was done.

I thought it was current from People Magazine.

1) ET described as having the ability "to portray herself as very socially mature" ; if appearance is changed to appear older she could pose as a wife and not stanf out
2) EpiPens left behind
3) "Elizabeth Thomas took her cell phone with her. The family confirmed a signal was last detected in Decatur, AL.

Anthony Thomas said he fears when he called his daughter days ago, Tad Cummins made her shut it off."

Elizabeth Thomas also left behind her favorite stuffed animal and her dog, Eclipse, who she loves dearly.
Speaking of that dog..

Does anyone remember TC posting about her lost dog on his Facebook? It was found pretty quickly. I wonder who found it?

I'm wondering if he took the dog and then "found" the dog to make himself more of a hero.

I am completely at a loss for what else I can do to be of any practical help in this case. I'm just beyond frustrated. And if I'm this frustrated, I can't imagine how this poor girl's family must be feeling.

I thought it was current from People Magazine.
It was a CNN article posted on another site.

http://www.ktts.com/news/national/t...der-as-police-search-for-him-15-year-old-girl
9c4bacdb0624dd2f5d6d5b680ea920ab.jpg

2) EpiPens left behind

Your post sparked something I hadn't really zeroed in on before...why was it only HER phone that pinged? And again, in trying to answer that, it becomes important to try to determine if she was going along with his plan in the beginning or not. Was that one ping a slip up on her part? An attempt to call for help? An intentional part of TC's plan to lead LE in the wrong direction? These are the kinds of things we can actually try to sleuth, if we ask the right questions and get honest answers. So yes, ET's willingness or lack of willingness DOES matter.

IMO

I am completely at a loss for what else I can do to be of any practical help in this case. I'm just beyond frustrated. And if I'm this frustrated, I can't imagine how this poor girl's family must be feeling.
We have got to have a sighting or a tip.

Right now we have a girl that could be firmly held against her will that could be off the grid anywhere in the US or another country.

Or we have a girl that thinks she wants to be there and they could be off the grid anywhere in the US. They could also be in plain sight hiding in any country in the US or another country.

They may or may not be in the original vehicle and if not, no idea what vehicle they could be in. There has been no spotting of them that we are aware of, just a phone ping.

That's a needle in a haystack.

Then we possibly have a minor that knows where they were headed that isn't talking.

We have 300 million people in this country and almost every 14-16 year old female is suspect of being her and so many men that could be about a 10 year span of age is suspect of being him.

It does seem daunting.

It that girl knows more and her parents aren't letting her talk, I hope her parents come to the realization of how they would feel if she was in ET's place and get her to talk. I really feel like from things I've seen, she holds the only key we have.

2) EpiPens left behind

It really is worrying she left her epi pens behind. Not sure how allergic she is but reactions can worsen and be fatal even if it was just hives the last time. My son had a coughing fit just when wheat pasta was cooked one time. So we do not have it in house anymore he had very bad hives just in contact with it once before we knew he had allergies. So glad my doctor figured it out before he was weaned. . Wheat is such a common ingredient ...I just hope she can avoid it with no epi pens. Makes me so angry to think that man has brain washed her so much .I am wondering if he could have managed to get an epi pen .selfish disgusting man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox