Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
New images of Tennessee teen allegedly abducted by teacher give hope to girl's family

http://abcnews.go.com/US/surveillan...dly-abducted-teacher-give/story ?id=46512328
I had thought this at the beginning that they would be sleeping in the vehicle. Many Walmarts let you dry camp in their parking lots. Many rv'er's do this.

I have seen some MSM calling the 15-year old victim Elizabeth Thompson and the 50-year old alleged child kidnapper Tad Commins. So, if I were calling attention that the alleged victim may be called "Ms. Mary Catherine Cummins" now, would that be far fetched?

It doesn't change the fact that it is Tad that is being sought out as the criminal, so is not particularly relevant.

42b60b6f688de6fe147f15ff4e85ecbf.jpg

There are tents you can buy that attach to smaller SUVs or crossovers like the Rogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a tent similar to that, that my brother gave us, but we haven't used it yet.

I'm thinking along a different line. The Decatur office can have a passport ready in 5 days. So, if they travelled to Decatur on March 7th or 8th to bring the necessary documentation and then picked up the passport on their way out of the area on March 13th. The AA went out on the 14th, and although she was reported missing on the 13th, they could have reached Decatur before she was reported missing. All they needed is a notarized document with her father's signature. "If no parent is available to sign, the third-party in loco parentis must:
Appear with a notarized written statement or affidavit from both parents or custodial parent(s), authorizing the third-party to apply for passport. When the statement or affidavit is from only one parent, the third-party must present evidence of sole custody of the authorizing parent." http://morgan.alacourt.gov/Pages/PassportsUnderAge.aspx Which is why I'm curious if the two had time to travel to Decatur together to get a passport before the March 13th abduction.
Ok, so are you suggesting her dad would've signed such a statement, or that they would have found a notary who failed to match up IDs correctly?

I drove from Oregon to D.C. last year in 4 days in a Honda Civic Hybrid camping in tents along the way.

I have no idea what makes you guys think that this is somehow challenging.

I should also add I was traveling with a 4 year old and my sister, a prissy 21 year old.

If they want warm beaches but don't want to risk crossing the border I wonder if they're headed to the Gulf coast in Texas. Living in the van they could avoid staying in one place too long. I don't know how populated the coast is, but I know a lot of Texas is empty - they could easily hide out for stretches of time.

But the marriage law in Texas is 17 and they would still need an income.

And as I said at the beginning of this kidnapping, many beaches on TX Gulf Coast you can camp for free. If they are sleeping in the vehicle, that is what they could be doing.

I'm supposing either. Most likely the later. Just trying to figure out why the Decatur location. It doesn't make sense. They leave at 8:30am, and almost 8 hours later ET's phone pings in Decatur. It's only 1 1/2 hour trip to Decatur, why is the phone in Decatur at 3:06pm. And why go to Decatur at all? Why not just head to OK? Was it to throw LE off, make them look south rather than west? Or was there something they had to do to "complete the mission" in Decatur before they could head west. If we believe LE and they're headed to Mexico, a passport would certainly make the whole teen marriage thing go smoother. It would also allow them to easily pass back and forth across the border. Not tied to it, but there has to be a reason behind Decatur. I'm even wondering if they headed four or five hours south, ran into problems, headed back to Decatur and then headed west. Not sure, but Decatur doesn't make sense to me if you're headed west. It doesn't fit properly into the whole scheme and seems a waste of resources, gas and money so I keep turning it over.

I drove from Oregon to D.C. last year in 4 days in a Honda Civic Hybrid camping in tents along the way.

I have no idea what makes you guys think that this is somehow challenging.

I should also add I was traveling with a 4 year old and my sister, a prissy 21 year old.

Or perhaps he's being a gentleman and giving her the mattress in the back of rogue while he sleeps sitting up in the front, or preferably sleeping on the muddy ground.

:stop: the personalizing, rudeness, & bickering please!!

If you see a post that violates our TOS or concerns you in some way, don't quote it or respond to it, simply use the alert feature and let a moderator take care of it. If you respond, you're doubling the amount of work needed to clean up the thread and while all of the staff is invested in finding Elizabeth, none of us has the time to sit on this thread. There are many other cases that need and deserve attention too. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

I'm supposing either. Most likely the later. Just trying to figure out why the Decatur location. It doesn't make sense. They leave at 8:30am, and almost 8 hours later ET's phone pings in Decatur. It's only 1 1/2 hour trip to Decatur, why is the phone in Decatur at 3:06pm. And why go to Decatur at all? Why not just head to OK? Was it to throw LE off, make them look south rather than west? Or was there something they had to do to "complete the mission" in Decatur before they could head west. If we believe LE and they're headed to Mexico, a passport would certainly make the whole teen marriage thing go smoother. It would also allow them to easily pass back and forth across the border. Not tied to it, but there has to be a reason behind Decatur. I'm even wondering if they headed four or five hours south, ran into problems, headed back to Decatur and then headed west. Not sure, but Decatur doesn't make sense to me if you're headed west. It doesn't fit properly into the whole scheme and seems a waste of resources, gas and money so I keep turning it over.

Okay so let's brainstorm...why go to Decatur?

1. The friend who was allegedly going to help hide them (but didn't) lives there.

2. They were picking up a vehicle, passport, or some other "critical" item for the trip.

3. Decatur was en route to another destination: Florida? Laredo, Mexico?

4. It was a tactical move to throw off LE.

What else?

Or perhaps he's being a gentleman and giving her the mattress in the back of rogue while he sleeps sitting up in the front, or preferably sleeping on the muddy ground.

A gentlemen doesn't snatch a 15yr girl from her family and leave his wife, kids and grandkids of 31yrs for a 15 yr girl and humiliate his entire family.

I know what you mean but he's not worthy of being called a gentlemen.

In an SUV, such travel could be done parking at a truck stop.

However, I'll be shocked and confused if he's still using the Rogue.

Maybe the 8 hours before the ping is the result of them leaving their phones, off, somewhere for a stranger to find. The first thing someone would do if they found a couple phones abandoned is probably turn them on and see if you can figure out who they belong to. So maybe they were in and out of Decatur quickly and the ping was someone else turning the phones on.

Maybe the 8 hours before the ping is the result of them leaving their phones, off, somewhere for a stranger to find. The first thing someone would do if they found a couple phones abandoned is probably turn them on and see if you can figure out who they belong to. So maybe they were in and out of Decatur quickly and the ping was someone else turning the phones on.

Doubtful. You have to much faith. Many people would do a factory reset and have a sweet new phone.

A gentlemen doesn't snatch a 15yr girl from her family and leave his wife, kids and grandkids of 31yrs for a 15 yr girl and humiliate his entire family.

I know what you mean but he's not worthy of being called a gentlemen.

I took the gentlemen comment in jest.

Doubtful. You have to much faith. Many people would do a factory reset and have a sweet new phone.

Okay, then that's another scenario where the phone would be turned on by a stranger and ping in Decatur.

People wrap their phones in aluminium foil to 'disappear' them. It may have become dislodged.

Has anyone said if her phone was an iPhone? They're pretty impossible to reset without the original owner's Apple ID and password.

I am wondering if they didn't have some reason for Decatur(friend that was suppose to help, passports, new vehicle), but that plan fell through so the ping was so many hours later because they wasted hours bumbling around there trying to come up with a backup plan. Why they would have turned them on is a mystery to me, but I have a feeling something did not go as planned for them. They both look pretty rough in the still from Wal-Mart.

Has anyone said if her phone was an iPhone? They're pretty impossible to reset without the original owner's Apple ID and password.

You can do it with an iMac and patience even if they have a passcode lock unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dtacland23