IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're convicted of a felony you're required to turn in your permit and you can't get one if you're a convicted felon. If RL had a permit - it wasn't valid. MOO

how many DUI's has he had and do they qualify for a felony, most DUI's are misdemeanors unless certain circumstancesare met. I remember talking of him and drinking a lot in earlier threads?

I keep seeing the bottom of a hoodie. Web Sight, can any additional enhancements be done without further distortion? Great work BTW!

You know in the one picture the brown just looks like a shirt tail to me but in the other photo it really does seem like some sort of fanny pack. I know threads and threads ago many WSers worked on enhancing that part of the picture. Honestly, I do not think that I could come up with anything either, especially without distorting it further. But I am keen to work with the photos and if I find something interesting I will bring it here for perusal!

It's probably not going to be silent on these threads, I think, when it comes to RL until he is cleared by LE. Especially when there is apparently new info about him like a protective order?

Regardless, there is good reason why there's focus on him. As I have stated many times, I don't know if he's involved in any way but it's logical to look at him:

1. Bodies were found on his property.
2. His voice sounds like the audio to many people.
3. He gave interviews some found slightly odd.
4. His build and style match BG to many people. (There's a reason the reporter asked him to repeat the BG words).
5. He is the ONLY person LE gave specific interviews about.
6. A search warrant of his home and property was issued based on probable cause.
7. As unrelated to murder as it may be, he has a criminal history and apparently DV protective order in his past.
8. LE stated they were looking to clear RL or deem him a suspect. He has not been cleared.

I don't post or read here much anymore because there's no new news. But until there is I can't count the guy out.

It seems some are pretty upset by mention of RL on the threads. That's kind of interesting because usually sleuthers are intent on sleuthing as many people as allowable that have any proximity to the crime. Which is what LE does.

I think that my be for two reasons. One, people can become super vested in their theories and kind of experience confirmation bias. IMO w all do that. And we can feel annoyed when others don't see things our way once we become certain about something.

Two, before all this came out about RL, people saw his interviews and felt sorry for him. They saw him as a kindly, and befuddled grandfather type who experienced something terrible on his property. It's super difficult to move from that to considering that he may have a connection.

IMO there's a defensiveness on the threads that is related to the above. I think that's illustrated by the fact that people like me who are not accusing RL and are not saying we think he is guilty, but just that he should be considered until he is cleared, are referred to as believing RL committed the crime.

But all I'm seeing pretty much is: "RL is not the BG." "RL doesn't sound like the BG." "RL hasn't been cleared." "RL doesn't look like BG." "It is logical to look at RL." etc. Same, circular arguments. I guess it will remain that way until something else happens. Hopefully it will. No one wants it to turn out like Lyric and Elizabeth's case.

Who really knows here? All we know is RL was a mainstay of the media for a couple of days, and for the past couple of weeks, all has been quiet.

It's probably not going to be silent on these threads, I think, when it comes to RL until he is cleared by LE. Especially when there is apparently new info about him like a protective order?

Regardless, there is good reason why there's focus on him. As I have stated many times, I don't know if he's involved in any way but it's logical to look at him:

4. His build and style match BG to many people. (There's a reason the reporter asked him to repeat the BG words).
6. A search warrant of his home and property was issued based on probable cause.
7. As unrelated to murder as it may be, he has a criminal history and apparently DV protective order in his past.
8. LE stated they were looking to clear RL or deem him a suspect. He has not been cleared.

I don't post or read here much anymore because there's no new news. But until there is I can't count the guy out.

It seems some are pretty upset by mention of RL on the threads. That's kind of interesting because usually sleuthers are intent on sleuthing as many people as allowable that have any proximity to the crime. Which is what LE does.

I think that my be for two reasons. One, people can become super vested in their theories and kind of experience confirmation bias. IMO w all do that. And we can feel annoyed when others don't see things our way once we become certain about something.

Two, before all this came out about RL, people saw his interviews and felt sorry for him. They saw him as a kindly, and befuddled grandfather type who experienced something terrible on his property. It's super difficult to move from that to considering that he may have a connection.

IMO there's a defensiveness on the threads that is related to the above. I think that's illustrated by the fact that people like me who are not accusing RL and are not saying we think he is guilty, but just that he should be considered until he is cleared, are referred to as believing RL committed the crime.

But all I'm seeing pretty much is: "RL is not the BG." "RL doesn't sound like the BG." "RL hasn't been cleared." "RL doesn't look like BG." "It is logical to look at RL." etc. Same, circular arguments. I guess it will remain that way until something else happens. Hopefully it will. No one wants it to turn out like Lyric and Elizabeth's case.

All valid points. And I'm fine with people discussing RL. But weeks later it's like beating the proverbial horse when there is really very little info available.

I do find it odd they waited 5 weeks to go back and check or recheck certain areas.

People can discuss RL until they are blue in the face. It doesn't bother me. Maybe he did do it, maybe he didn't. The frustrating part for me personally is that there really isn't a lot the public has to work with. I hope it's different behind the scenes and I'm sure it is at times. It's one of those rare cases where we actually have a picture of a person and we aren't any closer than weeks ago. Again, hopefully it's different behind the scenes.

Yes, one always needs a reference! Otherwise, it's almost impossible to know what's right or wrong in this case. You've got a good eye for this IMO!

The dark streak (the 'abby jacket') always looked like a cloning artifact to me, as if they were stamping or erasing something out and that streak was actually from a different portion of the frame (a part of BG's jacket or a tree or who know's what). But I don't know why they'd do that except to remove distraction. It's just a guess on my part, but it's what it looked like to me the first time I saw the picture.

Thanks for the kind words! One of the reasons I was working on the photos was to settle in my mind the issue of the jacket. I stumbled on the face issue quite by accident! I have a few theories about the jacket but I need to see that they "line up" before I bring them here, if I ever do!

Funny thing is that this realignment was really easy to do. There was no photo-shopping to create the right side of his face or anything. I simply cut the photo where the obvious misalignment line in the face was and pulled it down. But I wonder why LE has not done this? I wonder what could be the reason for not making this simple adjustment, IDK.:thinking:

IMHO two reasons:
1. They wanted to get the images out to the public ASAP.
2. Its a slippery slope, how much to edit and are they sure their edits are correct?

By the way, nice work! :happydance:

Several people have inquired about RL's military service. I have the information...does anyone think it is relevant?

Several people have inquired about RL's military service. I have the information...does anyone think it is relevant?

I do think it's relevant but should only be shared if it's public record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. If we were a jury, I think we'd be hung. I can see how it happens. One of the things that interests me here is how logically and differently we approach things. I'm interested in others experiences because they can be so different from mine, and they can see natural routine behavior in something that is totally outside my experience. I try to think of that when I see something that makes me go "seriously"?
ETA - I'm still on the fence, but I respect where Gitana is going with these thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comment!

Here is BG's face-aligned full length photo:

attachment.php

For me, this is just amazing. If I knew this man, this would certainly help me identify him. Much more so than the original photos we have seen. My own photo would look entirely different if the left side of my face didn't line up with the right side. GREAT WORK, IMHO.

Can you line it up so the tree branches or other reference points match? In your first attempt with the side of the face it looks like you did that with a branch on the right side of the photo.

The thing is not everything is out of alignment or focus. In this instance just that portion of his face didn't line up but other parts line up in different places. I used the big square for ease of use but I probably should have cut a circle or oval to just represent the part that I was actually working to correct. I am not explaining this well I know but I don't think I could get it to all to line up. If it lined up is was unintentional!

Did any of that ramble make any sense to you??

It depends. Was there a court martial or dishonorable discharge for something similar that's happened here? Otherwise I don't see the point in picking apart his military years.

He's gotta be Vietnam-era... I think we can all figure that out.

LE waited Five weeks to back and search parts of his property. 5 weeks. That's a huge delay on LE's part given they were found on his land.

I don't know how people have the energy to go 'round and 'round about RL so much each day. I guess for me it would be easier if we actually knew more.
they were not able to search his house or the out buildings or seize his vehicle without probable cause. LE said the search was a result of "tips" and "information" received. So, my guess is that they had far more to go by than as the time went by. They just can't search your house without "probable" cause.

It could be, or maybe not. Since we are permitted to sleuth him, as long as it doesn't violate TOS, I can't see how it would hurt. Would personally like to see it.

they were not able to search his house or the out buildings or seize his vehicle without probable cause. LE said the search was a result of "tips" and "information" received. So, my guess is that they had far more to go by than as the time went by. They just can't search your house without "probable" cause.

Yep. There is more here than meets the eye. IMO.

I have been working with the pictures of BG over the last few days. I think I made a discovery that has changed the picture, for me anyway, and after much trepidation I decided to share it with you. LE said that they "created" a picture from video and I was actually working with the pictures for a different reason when I saw the following.

See where the line is? That is an actual change in the pixels that separates the face. The part of the face to the right of the line is higher than the left and appears to be pulling away (from movement?). So with the face not lining up, if you follow the line up, it now makes sense, imo, why the "hat" is so tall on the right side (higher). So, I duplicated the picture and cropped the right part of the face. I lined it up to match the left side. Here's how it turned out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The end results:
attachment.php

Great work, WebSight. It goes to show you, we can stare at this over and over and still have have someone share new insight, etc. LE has told us, as well as MP, to really focus on this picture.

The thing is not everything is out of alignment or focus. In this instance just that portion of his face didn't line up but other parts line up in different places. I used the big square for ease of use but I probably should have cut a circle or oval to just represent the part that I was actually working to correct. I am not explaining this well I know but I don't think I could get it to all to line up. If it lined up is was unintentional!

Did any of that ramble make any sense to you??

Totally. Thank you.

For me, this is just amazing. If I knew this man, this would certainly help me identify him. Much more so than the original photos we have seen. My own photo would look entirely different if the left side of my face didn't line up with the right side. GREAT WORK, IMHO.

:loveyou: :loveyou: I thought the same as you. He doesn't seem so unidentifiable now.

Great post, Gitana. I agree 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member