IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
they were not able to search his house or the out buildings or seize his vehicle without probable cause. LE said the search was a result of "tips" and "information" received. So, my guess is that they had far more to go by than as the time went by. They just can't search your house without "probable" cause.

Understood. But if bodies were found on my property, I'd sure hope LE would be a bit more thorough during initial search. /moo

5 weeks is an awfully long time for any sort of evidence to be eradicated.

how many DUI's has he had and do they qualify for a felony, most DUI's are misdemeanors unless certain circumstancesare met. I remember talking of him and drinking a lot in earlier threads?
Many states the 3rd is a felony. i live in wisconsin . A third is a felony.

I'd like to see the Military Records too. Bring 'em on!

I also wanted to say that I'm not one of those people that are against sleuthing RL. (as long as it's the way Tricia wants)...I'm actually glad it's happening, TBH.

Ummm...and that's all I will say about that. :angel:

Very good photo reconstruction, WebSight.
This is my first post, and I'm not sure if this is allowed, but right now he's looking a little like Nick Offerman from Parks & Recreation. And I only mean he resembles him, not that I think BG is him.

My Opinion Only.

Thanks for posting about the photo for your first post! :greetings::Welcome1:

Love the name "crimenerd" BTW

What's been interesting to me, regarding the 2 pictures released, is that in this particular one, it looks like he's wearing a baseball-style hat with the bill "rolled" (which is very popular with farm boys and men in the region upt o around age 40 or so.(with that dramatic a "roll) However, in the other picture, it looks more like a flat/driving/ivy cap, which is more common among older(40+), and millenials. IMO Obviously, the style of hat doesn't determine age, and someone trying to "disguise" themselves might wear a hat they wouldn't regularly be seen in. It's just odd that the two different angles cause the hat to appear to be of two different style. IMO
Great work, WebSight. It goes to show you, we can stare at this over and over and still have have someone share new insight, etc. LE has told us, as well as MP, to really focus on this picture.

Nice work. What you're seeing in the original picture sounds like "rolling shutter." One of the symptoms of rolling shutter is this:

"The image bends diagonally in one direction or another as the camera or subject moves from one side to another, exposing different parts of the image at different times. Skew is a minor manifestation of the wobble phenomenon described above."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_shutter

Could this make one appear slimmer? Also, could the distance of the photo make one appear slimmer? I agree any defense attorney would have a hard time convincing a jury this is definitively RL.

IMHO two reasons:
1. They wanted to get the images out to the public ASAP.
2. Its a slippery slope, how much to edit and are they sure their edits are correct?

By the way, nice work! :happydance:

You know I was very wary about messing with the photo because LE has the experts. Yes where do you stop enhancing? I do think though that that one adjustment does make him more recognizable, imho, so I don't know.:confused: Thanks for the happy hoppy guy - he's my favorite!

Could this make one appear slimmer? Also, could the distance of the photo make one appear slimmer? I agree any defense attorney would have a hard time convincing a jury this is definitively RL.

I don't think so, IMO. It distorts lines, but usually in certain portions of the frame, not the entire frame. If anything, he'd end up looking warped a bit due to rolling shutter, but the camera would have to be moving pretty fast. However if he was taking a step AND the camera was moving, I can definitely see something like his head and feet looking weird.

In my experience, fat vs slim is most effected by the aspect ratio of the picture (if someone accidentally displays it improperly on a web page, for instance, so that the horizontal ends up longer and the vertical shorter or vice-versa).

Understood. But if bodies were found on my property, I'd sure hope LE would be a bit more thorough during initial search. /moo

5 weeks is an awfully long time for any sort of evidence to be eradicated.
I think they were as through as they could be initially. The FBI knows what they are doing. My guess is that they wanted to search the house much much earlier, but knew that before that could happen they HAD to have "probable" cause. That in this case was the additional "information" and "tips" that came in.

As a newbie I know we are not allowed to post rumors but once again I ask where were his neighbors who have maintained their silence?
Who in the local community benefits if he is arrested for these murders and has to use his farm as collateral?
Many people of my age who live in small communities have seen the local drunks (sorry as I do not use this term to degrade anyone with alcohol issues)
accused of crimes they had absolutely nothing to do with
Its far easier to blame someone who suffers from alcohol issues than to believe there are real demons living among us.

You know I was very wary about messing with the photo because LE has the experts. Yes where do you stop enhancing? I do think though that that one adjustment does make him more recognizable, imho, so I don't know.:confused: Thanks for the happy hoppy guy - he's my favorite!

Sometimes trying to "fix" something like that can lead one down a rabbit hole and you end up with something that looks weird in many other ways. I'm guessing LE attempts to leave something as close to the original unless they've got very good reason to make a change. In this case, it looks like they were hoping someone could recognize BG by his stance and mode of dress rather than focusing on small details.

Just a guess!

It depends. Was there a court martial or dishonorable discharge for something similar that's happened here? Otherwise I don't see the point in picking apart his military years.

He's gotta be Vietnam-era... I think we can all figure that out.

I think the insignia is interesting, as many have thought that BG had some kind of star insignia of sorts on him.

Great work, WebSight. It goes to show you, we can stare at this over and over and still have have someone share new insight, etc. LE has told us, as well as MP, to really focus on this picture.

:loveyou::loveyou:

We (general we) are not saying he is arrested for double homicide, however the other known SW's were greeted with an immediate statement this has nothing to do with the murders. They have not done this with RL.

To me me that's odd. My issue with all of this is it just doesn't look like him on the bridge. RL's belly, hips and legs appear much bigger, imo.

However, according to LE they have yet to clear him at this time, where others they have.
This is exactly where I sit, too. BG is not RL imo- not even close. But, LE's quickness to clear others following search warrants and even statements from the prosecutor urging the public to leave others alone compared to silence after statements that they are looking to clear RL or make him a higher suspect than originally thought makes me waiver on the fence. Jmo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The question is will it make me look slimmer? If it would, I'm all in!!!:happydance:

I don't think so, IMO. It distorts lines, but usually in certain portions of the frame, not the entire frame. If anything, he'd end up looking warped a bit due to rolling shutter, but the camera would have to be moving pretty fast. However if he was taking a step AND the camera was moving, I can definitely see something like his head and feet looking weird.

In my experience, fat vs slim is most effected by the aspect ratio of the picture (if someone accidentally displays it improperly on a web page, for instance, so that the horizontal ends up longer and the vertical shorter or vice-versa).

(Darn, I was going to take all my pictures of myself farther away from now on)

That sounds exactly like rolling shutter, then. You're seeing motion from one frame stitched together with motion from the next or previous frame. So, objects in motion would appear more skewed than objects that aren't.

I hope it's ok to post an example picture. This shows exactly what I'm talking about. The props are moving but the camera captures them at different times across the frame:

attachment.php

You can see more examples and explanation here:

http://www.core77.com/posts/17253/your-cell-phone-cameras-unintended-rolling-shutter-effect-17253

The thing is not everything is out of alignment or focus. In this instance just that portion of his face didn't line up but other parts line up in different places. I used the big square for ease of use but I probably should have cut a circle or oval to just represent the part that I was actually working to correct. I am not explaining this well I know but I don't think I could get it to all to line up. If it lined up is was unintentional!

Did any of that ramble make any sense to you??

Attachments

• 0sorenragsdale002.jpg
    0sorenragsdale002.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 696
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics