IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know, but wasn't he prohibited from consuming any alcohol? That's my understanding of his probation conditions. That and not having access to a vehicle. Maybe someone knows for sure.

Correct. If he reached across the table, picked up someone else's beer and took a sip, he would still be in violation.

In some jurisdictions, you cannot even be in any public establishments that serve alcohol. That would be a violation. I'll have to look up Indiana laws about that tomorrow.

Correct. If he reached across the table, picked up someone else's beer and took a sip, he would still be in violation.

OK time to close it down for the night.

Let's hope and pray that tomorrow brings the answers Libby and Abby's families need right now.

Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.

G'Night.

Tricia

Good Morning. Prayers for A+L's families today. Let today be the day to get answers on who took the lives of these precious girls.

In this video, from February 15, 2017, Sheriff Tobe Leazenby's response to the journalist's question
is, as far as my experience, the kind of response given when police know that a murder, one way or the other, is personal and that the killer is someone close to the victim/victims. MOO.

And to me this response by Sheriff Tobe Leazenby is the most mysterious and enigmatic thing about this police investigation.

[video=youtube;u_WNHtqEUBo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_WNHtqEUBo&app=desktop[/video]

2:07 Reporter: "Should people in this community be worried about someone running around targeting kids?"

2:13 Sheriff Tobe Leazenby: "My response is no, I feel safe for this community"

In this video, from February 15, 2017, Sheriff Tobe Leazenby's response to the journalist's question
is, as far as my experience, the kind of response given when police know that a murder, one way or the other, is personal and that the killer is someone close to the victim/victims. MOO.

And to me this response by Sheriff Tobe Leazenby is the most mysterious and enigmatic thing about this police investigation.

[video=youtube;u_WNHtqEUBo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_WNHtqEUBo&app=desktop[/video]

2:07 Reporter: "Should people in this community be worried about someone running around targeting kids?"

2:13 Sheriff Tobe Leazenby: "My response is no, I feel safe for this community"

Good Morning.

That statement didn't make sense (to me) then and looking back it still doesn't.

After reading one of the more recently posted newspaper articles in which it was talking about the girls' interest in forensics and police work, I'm wondering if perhaps the two girls could have been starting to create a video, perhaps as a school project or something.. perhaps filming whatever, making up a crime story to go with it (would have made a great project out there in the barren winter wilderness on the crickety unsafe bridge over top of the creek), but then the crime and the perp morphed into reality.

It was grade 8 when my child's class was tasked with forming groups of 2 or 3 students, to each create a video for presentation to the class. Themes/storylines were chosen by each group individually. If something like that happened, then the perp surely wouldn't have been stupid enough to leave the phone(s) with the girl(s), but if the girls had been auto uploading to a cloud, it's possible the perp's techno knowledge wasn't advanced enough to know that this was a possibility. Back to the old, 'did police actually locate LG's phone, or just the content uploaded from the phone'. The girls may have had a plan to create such a thing, just choosing the first person/people they saw out there that day, but as chance would have it, they happened upon the wrong person/people on the wrong day that were involved in the wrong thing.

Trying to think what could prompt that kind of anger if not 'personal', and if not sexual. If you're a badguy and you see 2 silly teens filming you perhaps involved in some kind of criminal activity, it may not go over so well. If that was the case, the perp would likely be local, probably has a previous criminal record, and didn't want to risk jail time. But if local, then why hasn't he been identified by locals? Perhaps he has been, but someone is covering and providing a false alibi?

And perhaps others who may have info are not willing to expose their own criminality by making that call, considering all of the arrests police have made during this case, outside of the realm of the murders. I wonder why police haven't issued a promise stating that unrelated criminality will not be pursued in exchange for information relating to this case (as long as the person wasn't a participant). Don't they have 'Crimestoppers' over there, where calls are not traced and people can call in anonymously with tips? I know it has been said that people *can* call the tipline anonymously, but does that guarantee to them that their numbers and locations aren't being traced? I know this stuff has already been discussed, it's just so annoying that nothing seems to be happening, FBI has gone home, etc.

Good Morning.

That statement didn't make sense (to me) then and looking back it still doesn't.
In the beginning, I believe (based on what was said during the news conference) that police thought at the time, that it was related to the girls specifically, ie via SM somehow - either by an arranged meeting, or by someone nearby seeing the snapchat photo of Abby and racing out there to 'get' them. Could that be why the sheriff would say something like that, feeling there was no overall risk to the community at large, but there is a risk for kids using SM, and parents should keep an eye on what their kids are up to?

ETA
It seemed to me (see below) that the officer was about to say something like.. 'is it reasonable to think that some random murderer would be out there in the middle of the day - that's an area that is remote and chances of finding some young girls to kill is highly unlikely' (I'm imagining that he was going to say something like that, if you listen to the video, you can come to your own conclusions)
=====
Delphi Murders Law Enforcement Press Conference
posted Feb 22, 2017 on youtube
starting at 23:40

Reporter: How long after Liberty posted to social media did this crime happen. And did the murders happen immediate after, or was there time for someone to see them on social media and then meet them on that trail?

Officer (Sorry I don't know the name): Is it reasonable to think that, that's an area, well one of two things happened - that it was a chance encounter - that's possible - don't think it's likely, but it's possible. Or - that person knew that they were going to be there - that's possible as well. Those are the things that we're looking into.

[video=youtube;mZcHfgbOcKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcHfgbOcKo[/video]

http://fox59.com/2017/02/15/police-...-in-case-of-missing-carroll-county-teenagers/

This is the day they were ID'd.

Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children.*"I think people need to be cautious and careful," Riley said. "Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what's going on in their lives. That's the most important thing I can say at this point in time."

Pizza Kings serve wine and beer. It's also a chain, though every owner does things differently I'm assuming some things remain constant. But, as was pointed out, what he drank hardly matters.

Offside, Pizza King has the world's best half-baked breadsticks when you dip them into garlic butter Ahhhhhhhhhhh. I'm hungry.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

In the beginning, I believe (based on what was said during the news conference) that police thought at the time, that it was related to the girls specifically, ie via SM somehow - either by an arranged meeting, or by someone nearby seeing the snapchat photo of Abby and racing out there to 'get' them. Could that be why the sheriff would say something like that, feeling there was no overall risk to the community at large, but there is a risk for kids using SM, and parents should keep an eye on what their kids are up to?

That makes sense. I also wonder if they weren't trying to calm the community. The local kids must have been scared to death -- at least I can't imagine they weren't.

When BG became a suspect is interesting to me. LE put out the pic on Feb 15, saying they wanted to talk to BG about what he might have seen on the 13th.

Then Feb 19, LE announces that BG is now considered "the main suspect" in their killings.

They've had the video for 5 days. I wonder what occurred for them to beef up their interest? LE says it's preliminary evidence Now what could that be?

It seems something developed Feb 18, Sunday:

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/19/man-...-a-suspect-in-deaths-of-carroll-county-teens/
Feb 19:

"Delphi resident Mary Harrington says she saw a flurry of activity, with local, state and federal officers and agents rushing in and out of the municipal building Sunday.

"I was hoping that meant they had detained someone," said Harrington. "It’s a worry for this community. It’s a worry for everybody."

Just hours later, state police said that preliminary evidence led authorities to the conclusion that he's a suspect.

"During the course of the investigation, preliminary evidence has led investigators to believe the person, in the distributed photo, is suspected of having participated in the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German," said state police in a press release.

The man was thought to be wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket and a hoodie."

My question is, what is the evidence that made the direct connection between the girls and BG? They already had the recording from the phone.

Very interesting point!! Exactly what made them call BG a FIRM suspect that they didn't have off phone from the very start????? Any ideas???

In listening to that press conference again (Q&A at the end), police have never said that SM did not play a part in this. Recently in the thread someone had posted that LE had ruled it out. Is there a link to that info?

I had always *assumed* that LE initially released the BG photo, asking for him to come forward, be identified, so that they could ask him questions, since he was obviously in the area at the time the girls were there... and then a few days later, when the man did not voluntarily come forward, LE deemed him to be a suspect, upped the ante for the guy, to say, hey, you're now the main suspect, so you'd best get your butt to a police station and give whatever info you have. I figured it was an assumption on LE's part, that since he didn't want to willingly clear his name, he must therefore be involved.. and further, to give the guy a jolt of fear. But if that activity on that Sunday is/was related to the announcement that BG became the main suspect, then I have no idea.... what was the date of the searching of the property on Bicycle Road?

ETA
It seemed to me (see below) that the officer was about to say something like.. 'is it reasonable to think that some random murderer would be out there in the middle of the day - that's an area that is remote and chances of finding some young girls to kill is highly unlikely' (I'm imagining that he was going to say something like that, if you listen to the video, you can come to your own conclusions)
=====
Delphi Murders Law Enforcement Press Conference
posted Feb 22, 2017 on youtube
starting at 23:40

Reporter: How long after Liberty posted to social media did this crime happen. And did the murders happen immediate after, or was there time for someone to see them on social media and then meet them on that trail?

Officer (Sorry I don't know the name): Is it reasonable to think that, that's an area, well one of two things happened - that it was a chance encounter - that's possible - don't think it's likely, but it's possible. Or - that person knew that they were going to be there - that's possible as well. Those are the things that we're looking into.

[video=youtube;mZcHfgbOcKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcHfgbOcKo[/video]

I think my though process was somewhere along the same lines as yours. But I also took away from the news conference that they "had" their guy/guys (maybe needed to find him because he took off) and were tying up loose ends to make an arrest. They just gave me that presence that they had everything under control. I'm sure I took away too much, but they did make me feel safe, made me feel safe for my children to go about their normal activities. But I agree, they were just emphasizing to parents to keep an eye on your children as far as what they are up to, their SM activity. Now, after more time has passed, I feel such a sinking feeling that I can't describe. Two families and a community that have been torn apart by such a horrible tragedy.

Very interesting point!! Exactly what made them call BG a FIRM suspect that they didn't have off phone from the very start????? Any ideas???

The cause of death? Jmo

What is not visable in the image released to the public? Jmo

Something in suspects image that was found at crime scene?Jmo

That makes sense. I also wonder if they weren't trying to calm the community. The local kids must have been scared to death -- at least I can't imagine they weren't.
If there is a risk to the community at large, then I wouldn't think it would be acceptable to allay the community's fears by telling lies though.. it would be more prudent for LE to admit it and tell the community how to best protect themselves while they investigate. Thoughts?

Since it has never been stated by LE whether or not the *actual* phone of Liberty's was found, I wonder if that is what LE was/is looking for? (ie in the water that day... in the searches of premises/properties.. when they spoke of a potential backpack being discovered, or seen being discarded.. etc)

In listening to that press conference again (Q&A at the end), police have never said that SM did not play a part in this. Recently in the thread someone had posted that LE had ruled it out. Is there a link to that info?

Good question!!! What date wax Bicycle Bridge Rd search and what was the reason they searched that place???

I had always *assumed* that LE initially released the BG photo, asking for him to come forward, be identified, so that they could ask him questions, since he was obviously in the area at the time the girls were there... and then a few days later, when the man did not voluntarily come forward, LE deemed him to be a suspect, upped the ante for the guy, to say, hey, you're now the main suspect, so you'd best get your butt to a police station and give whatever info you have. I figured it was an assumption on LE's part, that since he didn't want to willingly clear his name, he must therefore be involved.. and further, to give the guy a jolt of fear. But if that activity on that Sunday is/was related to the announcement that BG became the main suspect, then I have no idea.... what was the date of the searching of the property on Bicycle Road?

Good question...on what date...and why...did they search BicycleBridgeRoad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member