IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a search the day they were found. I'm unsure what time they began on the 14th but it seems reasonable to think it may have begun at first light. The girls were found, TTBOMK, approx 12:15 PM so I would think some evidence could've been destroyed by virtue of a search. IMO
My point is that on the 14th only LE searched in the a.m . Then the volunteers went out and a volunteer found the girls. The day before, the girls may not have even been there when the search was going on so there may not have been any evidence to destroy on that first day. Only LE will know because they will have a COD, a time, and whether they were killed elsewhere etc. JMO.

The man in black that's been reported by witnesses and also, TTBOMK, witnesses said they nodded or acknowledged him in some way and he didn't acknowledge their greeting? Not sure if they said it was rude, but it was my impression they thought he was odd or rude due to that. That's what I remember seeing an interview but I may be mistaken. There was a younger girl, Crystal?, and maybe a parent.

Thanks for clearing that up, I quick scanned the article and must have missed the man in black reference. As yes I have heard of that in almost every thread lol. My bad nothing to see here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, so something in the very beginning must have led them to believe that this was NOT a random stranger, killer on the loose. LE did have the photo by the time of the press conference, and they were still saying at that time that they doubted it was a random stranger. See above.
This comes up in nearly every case I've followed. I think LE does not want to incite fear and chaos. In my opinion, they expect the public to use common sense, and be careful. I can't think of how it's helpful for them to say that a killer is on the lose, and everyone should.... It's obvious since there has not been an arrest.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

My point is that on the 14th only LE searched in the a.m . Then the volunteers went out and a volunteer found the girls. The day before, the girls may not have even been there when the search was going on so there may not have been any evidence to destroy on that first day. Only LE will know because they will have a COD, a time, and whether they were killed elsewhere etc. JMO.

How did LE not find them?
I would think they would have been all over that place.
This is one of the things that bother me.

This comes up in nearly every case I've followed. I think LE does not want to incite fear and chaos. In my opinion, they expect the public to use common sense, and be careful. I can't think of how it's helpful for them to say that a killer is on the lose, and everyone should.... It's obvious since there has not been an arrest.

Maybe , but I have followed many cases where LE has said the public should be on high alert that there is a child killer out there etc etc. Maybe LE has there reasons in this case not to, but to say that they wouldnt do it isn't entirely accurate FWIW

I am a fisherman and a kayaker.

The vast majority of us don't kayak or fish this time of year. Also, I would not try to "fish" that creek.... just creek chubs and carp (throw away fish), The Wabash River (5 miles away) would be much better fishing. FYI

Maybe , but I have followed many cases where LE has said the public should be on high alert that there is a child killer out there etc etc. Maybe LE has there reasons in this case not to, but to say that they wouldnt do it isn't entirely accurate FWIW

Really? Can you think of a specific case? I'm genuinely curious.

And here they said......parents should know what their children are up to or doing.

Were you thinking it's possible the girls were moved via boat after the search was called off the first night, Feb 13? Not sure that is what you mean at all or just someone familiar with fishing in the area?

I don't want to discount any plausible theory but it seems like moving the girls to within 50' of the creek when there had been a large search going on would be extremely risky. IMO

The search was organized in small groups. Even though there were a large number of people who came to volunteer to search most were not searching the actual creek/bridge crime scene area. So I'm thinking small parties of 2 or 3 who did not cross paths with other but search a given zone. Not to say it wouldn't be risky, maybe a controlled risk.

The Highway Of Tears even has billboards up and down the highway warning women not to hitchhike because a killer(s) are murdering women.

I am a fisherman and a kayaker.

The vast majority of us don't kayak or fish this time of year. Also, I would not try to "fish" that creek.... just creek chubs and carp (throw away fish), The Wabash River (5 miles away) would be much better fishing. FYI

If we are assuming the killer went hunting for victims and not hoping to catch some fish, why not? IMO he was not looking for victims but some believe he was.

The public is warned quite often about killers on the loose and not to...because of them.

Indiana but I guess it's a sports term. When players start talking crap to each other or getting pushy we call it getting chippy.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

(We use that term here in Canada, too. Makes sense, Hockey and all. It's how I describe my two cats when they're trying to start something, "they're gettin chippy." :poke:)

Surprised me too as I didn't remember it either. But wanted to add in this part from the article as well-

The teens said the man seemed out of place, though Chasity says that "could just be a rumor."

The children described the man wearing all black. Meanwhile, police continue their search for a man dressed differently. They circulated his photo Wednesday, saying he would have been on the trail at the same time as the girls.

So hmm. I'm sure LE probably looked into it but likely didn't make much of it. You never know with teenagers (or anyone really). I'm sure a lot of rumors have swirled around that small town. Hard to say that this isn't just one more of them. Maybe none of those girls ever were at the bridge that day. Heck, maybe it was a different day entirely. Think of the game of "telephone" and how much what person says can change as it spreads from person to person. Just a thought. But sheesh that's mighty interesting and makes you wonder.

The girls weren't even there for all that long, right? We know from the Snapchat photos at just after 2 it appears to be just Libby who took the photos and Abby who appeared in one. Perhaps the other girls were there earlier and had left by then? That would make the photos the last time they were seen anyway, even if say they had been with friends from noon until around 2.

Noone knows how long the girls were there on the trails so why do you think they weren't there long? Also an adult female (CME) witnessed the man in black and another couple, which I commented on in a prior thread.

Also jonbenet Ramsey among many other more recent ones, do a quick google search and there are many that will pop up

I know! And there are hundreds of cases where they warn the public. Zodiac Killer, Hillside Stranglers, Ted Bundy (before he was caught and after he escaped), Green River Killer, and that's just naming the most popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpiddybgt