IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if the girls were found closer to the creek or to the cemetary?

Edit: Also, is the vegetation this time of year full or sparse? In the videos the trees don't look like they have leaves so it doesn't seem like it'd be as easy to stay hidden, but I could be wrong.

I think the answer to your question is in one of the maps skibaboo has a link to in their signature. It's my understanding the girls were found approx 1/2 mile downstream from the bridge and approx 50' feet from the edge of the creek bank on RL's private property and not close to the cemetery. Those are my recollections.

Do you remember this video from before the girls were taken? It shows snow on the ground.

[video=youtube;y0MNncO9lLs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0MNncO9lLs[/video]

No, but thank you. I remember seeing someone recorded video of crossing the Monon High Bridge and there was snow on the railroad ties. Wonder how much that snow would increase the creek volume. The temps were above freezing mid-Feb, if I'm remembering correctly, so I'd think snow would melt. I'd be curious to see a three month or so prior snow measurement of Delphi just for the heck of it.

"Chasity was not on the trail with the girls Monday afternoon, but other friends were. They talked about a man they saw."

What time did those friends leave? It's kind of strikes me odd that LE never referred to the last time the girls were seen by their friends? What time was that? How about where they left them and whether they gave any idea of where they were going to go next?

http://www.wthr.com/article/memorial-grows-as-police-continue-search-for-delphi-girls-killer

Wow am I the only one who never saw this? If this is accurate it would obviously indicate that there were possibly witnesses who may have given LE more details about the mans appearance. Far from being absolute fact, but interesting non the less MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is helpful to know that FBI left in the same manner in another similar-ish case. I was just throwing it out there, based on what the FBI person had said during the PC as to how they could assist.. and now they are gone, so does this then equate to them not being needed to assist in that regard any longer. In any event, perhaps it is coincidental, but it seems that since the various troops left the area, it *has* been rather quiet, ie doesn't seem like any call outs from LE for people to call in with info on BG, and talk about going back over alibis and etc from people they've already questioned, etc. Also perhaps making a large to-do in regard to RL's issues on unrelated matters, thinking potentially to take the public's mind and media's scrutiny off of what is going on behind the scenes. Probably just wishful thinking.

Be assured that the FBI did not pack up and walk away. As ocgrad has mentioned, Carroll County has a major gang, drug problem in the area.

Law enforcement scaling back manpower in Delphi
Police averaging 120-125 tips a day
Mar 24, 2017

While the FBI, ISP, Carroll County Sheriff's Department and Delphi Police Department remain on scene, several departments have left to attend to other law enforcement business in their own jurisdictions, Riley said in an ISP press release. The scaling back has already begun, Riley said, and more will continue throughout the next few weeks.

(ISP Superintendent Doug Carter) "And the officers who have returned to their own jurisdictions won't be more than a phone call away"
http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_0eae74d0-fb42-5e5e-8a0d-67e8ab651793.html

No, but thank you. I remember seeing someone recorded video of crossing the Monon High Bridge and there was snow on the railroad ties. Wonder how much that snow would increase the creek volume. The temps were above freezing mid-Feb, if I'm remembering correctly, so I'd think snow would melt. I'd be curious to see a three month or so prior snow measurement of Delphi just for the heck of it.

From memory, that video was filmed the day before the girls were murdered, so that snow definitely didn't take too long to melt.

Wow am I the only one who never saw this? If this is accurate it would obviously indicate that there were possibly whiteness who may have given LE more details about the mans appearance. Far from being absolute fact, but interesting non the less MOO

That's the first time I saw that too. It seems weird it hasn't been mentioned in other articles. Kinda creepy when they said hi and he just brushed them off....

Wow am I the only one who never saw this? If this is accurate it would obviously indicate that there were possibly whiteness who may have given LE more details about the mans appearance. Far from being absolute fact, but interesting non the less MOO

The man in black that's been reported by witnesses and also, TTBOMK, witnesses said they nodded or acknowledged him in some way and he didn't acknowledge their greeting? Not sure if they said it was rude, but it was my impression they thought he was odd or rude due to that. That's what I remember seeing an interview but I may be mistaken. There was a younger girl, Crystal?, and maybe a parent.

Good Morning.

That statement didn't make sense (to me) then and looking back it still doesn't.
could it possibly have been made with the idea of not causing or inflaming panic within a very small community? This was, I think, before the billboards were placed widely throughout the country so perhaps the expectation was that this was someone who had probably since moved on.

Some smartphone do have optical zoom, some don't.

All IMO

-Nin

If I'm not mistaken though, not very good ones for the most part. That is probably the number one big advantage to having a separate camera in these days that cell phone cameras are so ubiquitous.

In fact I just checked iPhones because I recalled the Plus versions had nicer cameras. http://www.apple.com/iphone-7/specs/ Only the 7 Plus has optical zoom and only at 2x. You can go from my link to the 6s/6s Plus and even those had no optical zoom. I also checked the specs on the new Google pixel and didn't see it specified. Don't think you can really get much optical zoom in general without having a telescoping type zoom lens (certainly the larger those are on point and shoot cameras the greater your optical zoom capacity) I'm just a hobbyist photography type myself but if going to a concert or sporting event I'm going to bring a reasonably high end point and shoot camera I have along with me (or my Dslr but I don't have many of the pricey lenses and generally D-SLRs are banned from concert venues and the like). But I bring them precisely because my phone is gonna suck on zooming in on the band/team/ etc. i have the iPhone 7 and my brother has the 7 Plus. He let me fiddle around with his camera because I was curious. Didn't think that 2x optical zoom made a whole lot of difference. Got you marginally closer clearer but at the distance BG appears to have been from the girls/ amount that image looks zoomed in, I don't think that 7 Plus would've done much better or made much difference. And I can't be sure there's not a much nicer phone with camera on the market (certainly know there's a few specialty phones that have come out with a focus on photography. Heck I guess I guessed wrong on that Google pixel but I think it's highly improbable the girls had access to one. The IPhone 7 Plus is probably the most popular phone on the market with an optical zoom so hence my above comments. And sheesh that ain't a cheap phone by any means either!

Anyway I was actually surprised that 6s Plus did not have an optical zoom. So while you have a point it must be a rather minuscule amount of the phone market that has that capacity (and not sure anyone has much more than 2x optical zoom which as I said, probably wouldn't have fared much better for photographing BG the way he appears to have been photographed). And since some have speculated she may have used the front facing camera, I don't think anyone makes a phone with optical zoom on the front (in fact I don't actually know that I believe even the quality we have in that picture could've been achieved from a front facing camera in general and think that would've been a weird choice for qualitys sake but MOO on that).

Editing this to really get to my main point- you're not wrong but more accurately speaking- some phones have optical zoom, the majority don't. MOO.

From memory, that video was filmed the day before the girls were murdered, so that snow definitely didn't take too long to melt.

The one I think I remember seeing was a media reporter after the murders but within a few days. He walks a few feet on the bridge, retraces his steps and then goes off "down the hill" next to the bridge in what I guess was his attempt to reenact the down the hill scenario. He was rather young and thin as I recall. I'll try to look in my safari history because I'm sure I'll recognize his face. Thanks

ETA Still looking. I remember him commenting on the leaves crunching while he started down the hill and he said that sound was also heard on the audio of down the hill LE released. It's maddening because I watched it yesterday.

Blue Amethyst, Oh gosh I totally forgot to go back and look at that! I spaced big time! :shame:

Well to me it seems the same as both regular pictures: the first one looks like no hood is on his head and the second looks like a hood is up. The second looks like a blurry mess (just like the real pic) and I still think that is why the hood looks up, making it look like one piece of material over the top of his head. Jmo

Thanks for checking it out.

Am I the only one that thinks it's highly unlikely that BG simply rowed a kayak or canoe to the bridge and then rowed away on a creek in the middle of winter? I guess anything is possible at this point, but I can't believe he wouldn't have stuck out like a sore thumb. I'm not sure I have ever seen anybody kayaking on a river or creek here in Ohio in February on a 40 degree day, but maybe in Indiana it's common? [emoji848]

Not sure if this has been posted, yet. Gray Hughes' latest video on YouTube, titled "Crime Scene Flow V.3: Tracing Libby and Abby's Steps". Another great contribution from GH, it includes footage by other sleuths and a stock video from MSM. It pretty much confirms what a lot of us thought early on, that the girls were off of the SE end of the bridge when the video was taken:

[video=youtube;DZzBCyLSI0E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZzBCyLSI0E[/video]
Well, at least one of the girls (Libby, the photographer).

Edit: Also, is the vegetation this time of year full or sparse? In the videos the trees don't look like they have leaves so it doesn't seem like it'd be as easy to stay hidden, but I could be wrong.

NIN had a wonderful map that showed the distance to each point. Perhaps if he/she reads this it could be put on again to freshen everyone's mind.

Wow am I the only one who never saw this? If this is accurate it would obviously indicate that there were possibly witnesses who may have given LE more details about the mans appearance. Far from being absolute fact, but interesting non the less MOO

Surprised me too as I didn't remember it either. But wanted to add in this part from the article as well-

The teens said the man seemed out of place, though Chasity says that "could just be a rumor."

The children described the man wearing all black. Meanwhile, police continue their search for a man dressed differently. They circulated his photo Wednesday, saying he would have been on the trail at the same time as the girls.

So hmm. I'm sure LE probably looked into it but likely didn't make much of it. You never know with teenagers (or anyone really). I'm sure a lot of rumors have swirled around that small town. Hard to say that this isn't just one more of them. Maybe none of those girls ever were at the bridge that day. Heck, maybe it was a different day entirely. Think of the game of "telephone" and how much what person says can change as it spreads from person to person. Just a thought. But sheesh that's mighty interesting and makes you wonder.

The girls weren't even there for all that long, right? We know from the Snapchat photos at just after 2 it appears to be just Libby who took the photos and Abby who appeared in one. Perhaps the other girls were there earlier and had left by then? That would make the photos the last time they were seen anyway, even if say they had been with friends from noon until around 2.

They were found about 50 feet from the creek

"Man all dressed in black" sounds like a cartoon villain...someone may have had a good imagination, imo...

Very interesting point!! Exactly what made them call BG a FIRM suspect that they didn't have off phone from the very start????? Any ideas???
I think they knew from the start, but they wanted to play it cool to see if BG would identify himself.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Plus it was a full moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member