MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laurel J. Sweet‏ @Laurel_Sweet
The makeup of the #AaronHernandez jury when deliberations begin tomorrow will be seven women and five men.

I am predicting that only SIX of those women will remain on the jury tomorrow.....

I am predicting that only SIX of those women will remain on the jury tomorrow.....

With the kind of people that Hernandez ran around with............she may not show up for a whole different reason.............know what I mean ?

With the kind of people that Hernandez ran around with............she may not show up for a whole different reason.............know what I mean ?

Exactly. I googled her name, as it is kind of distinctive. She has a high profile job. Any one could find her most likely. She may have not even wanted to go back to her home that night. I wouldn't.

I didn't see the actual selection on the stream---Just the MOTION FOR MISTRIAL by Sullivan, where he complained about the foreperson selection.

I don't believe the alternates have been selected yet. Just the foreperson was chosen already, as is routine in Mass trials.

i am confused...really confused...judge picks fore person before alternates are chosen??? I still can't find this or the objection by Sullivan

I would be really upset if the judge said my full name on the live feed. Lots of people will be reaching out to her for interviews, etc...? Or will she be trolled or bullied or even threatened?

judge locke really made a mistake there after being so cautious with the cameras etc. this is not your average trial and a longer list of ****s you have to work hard to find...all out there and they announce her name. If I were her I would really register a big complaint.

I have never heard of it either but apparently that's how they do it or can do it in Mass. The defense objected to it. Their position was that the judge told the jury at the beginning of the trial that 3 jurors would be randomly selected at the end of the trial to be alternates. By picking a foreperson, that insured that there would be no chance that that particular juror would be an alternate.

yes in fact that means that judge locke interjected his selection into the mix and made it impossible for her to be an alternate. Something just not right about that.

Exactly. I googled her name, as it is kind of distinctive. She has a high profile job. Any one could find her most likely. She may have not even wanted to go back to her home that night. I wouldn't.

yes it does not take much to find her...i believe sullivan is putting a motion together or however you do it...right now and at 9am tomorrow a new foreperson will be selected in private....can you imagine they bus them to a remote location...cut the cameras almost before day ends to avoid any issues and judge locke announces the name...no way

yes in fact that means that judge locke interjected his selection into the mix and made it impossible for her to be an alternate. Something just not right about that.

In the chat in WildAboutTrial, locals said it was usually done that way in Mass trials. The judges routinely pick the foreperson, so the jurors can begin immediately deliberating. They do so by looking at job skills etc that would make someone a good foreperson. I saw this woman on linked in, and I think the judge made a great choice. Too bad he blew it now though...lol

I agree----there's just something about it that screams 'not fair'. I'm not a fan of this judge. Seems like he's always angry.

Okay, so much talk about the "Charging Hearing AFTER the closing arguments.. I finally found the Youtube of it!! YEAH

AARON HERNANDEZ TRIAL MOTIONS HEARING
https://youtu.be/b8hDWHj777c

I'd bet they edited it to blank out the name of the foreperson that was selected ... :facepalm:

yes it does not take much to find her...i believe sullivan is putting a motion together or however you do it...right now and at 9am tomorrow a new foreperson will be selected in private....can you imagine they bus them to a remote location...cut the cameras almost before day ends to avoid any issues and judge locke announces the name...no way

I am having a weird 'conspiracy theory' moment here---

Remember when, around lunch time, Sullivan made his MOTION FOR MISTRIAL---claiming that using the term 'red herring' , AND CHOOSING A WHITE WOMAN AS THE FOREPERSON was against the defendants constitutional rights etc , and said it was a racially insensitive action etc...?

What if the judge was worried about that being a reversible error down the APPEALS road? What if he wanted to get rid of that possible Appeal Issue, without having to admit to the defense that he had made a bad racial indiscretion of some kind...?

This 'error' on his part seems like a good way out of a bigger problem...

Okay, so much talk about the "Charging Hearing AFTER the closing arguments.. I finally found the Youtube of it!! YEAH

AARON HERNANDEZ TRIAL MOTIONS HEARING
https://youtu.be/b8hDWHj777c

I'd bet they edited it to blank out the name of the foreperson that was selected ... :facepalm:

I don't think that's it. The jury was present when he announced who the foreperson was who he selected and he asked that juror if she was willing to be the foreperson---and she said yes.

I don't think that's it. The jury was present when he announced who the foreperson was who he selected and he asked that juror if she was willing to be the foreperson---and she said yes.

I've posted all the youtube here..and I may have missed that.. Do you happen to have the video of that? Because I don't recall it at all. I thought this drawing of names and Judges choice of foreperson ( which apparently is usual for Mass. State) was going to announced before they dismiss to start deliberation??

Course I'm multi-tasking..so may have missed that portion you are indicating. It's my understanding Judge hasn't even finish yet and will conclude first thing in the morning? Please, correct me IF i'm wrong, TYIA :blushing:

So this is what happened first, during the charge hearing:

Travis Andersen‏Verified account @TAGlobe 6h6 hours ago
More
Sullivan: choice has racial overtones prejudicial to #AaronHernandez

Travis Andersen‏Verified account @TAGlobe 6h6 hours ago
More
Sullivan: object to choosing that particular juror this court "chose 1 of 2 white women" to be foreperson but jury diverse #AaronHernandez

Laurel J. Sweet‏Verified account @Laurel_Sweet 6h6 hours ago
More
Locke has already chosen a foreperson - a white woman - unbeknownst to the jury.
#AaronHernandez

Cathy‏ @courtchatter 5h5 hours ago
More
Cathy Retweeted Laurel J. Sweet
This is something we see in Massachusetts trials, the judge chooses the foreperson. #AaronHernandez

It was not until later that the judge slipped up with the jurors name:

Travis Andersen‏Verified account
@TAGlobe

jury coming back in 5 mins #AaronHernandez

Cathy‏ @courtchatter 5h5 hours ago
More
#AaronHernandez - Jury instructions to start any minute. They will take about 1 1/2 hrs.

Travis Andersen‏Verified account @TAGlobe 5h5 hours ago
More
Locke back jury back #AaronHernandez

Delores Handy‏ @deloreshandy 3h3 hours ago
More
#AaronHernandez listens as judge reads jury instructions. Finally over after more than hour.
weet

Christina Hager‏Verified account @HagerWBZ 3h3 hours ago
More

Judge just appointed white woman as jury foreperson...something the defense had raised concerns about earlier today. #AaronHernandez #wbz

jada cupcake‏ @jaybee718 3h3 hours ago
More
#aaronhernandez did he just say her name?

I found it. It's at the end of jury instructions at 1:42:45

[video=youtube;dh7B2wJ4F7U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh7B2wJ4F7U[/video]

And her name hasn't been bleeped out

In the chat in WildAboutTrial, locals said it was usually done that way in Mass trials. The judges routinely pick the foreperson, so the jurors can begin immediately deliberating. They do so by looking at job skills etc that would make someone a good foreperson. I saw this woman on linked in, and I think the judge made a great choice. Too bad he blew it now though...lol

Just maybe he will realize his error, and CHANGE his choice come the morning ..so will make her either an alternate or just one of the deliberating juror???

I'm sure Judge will do his due diligence this evening and attempt to correct anything he may have done. I'm amazed.. because he has been so diligent with going off air for every sidebar.. and juror's entering and exiting courtroom... :maddening: IF not rectified!!!

During the Charge hearing, when the jury was sent to lunch, the Defense had a long list of objections. One of the main objections was that the judge had already chosen a foreperson, and she was white.

They asked for a mistrial, it was :denied:

Then later, after the jury returned, the judge read the charges and jury instructions to the jury. At the end of that long hour of talking, the judge announced the foreperson and let her name slip out. :judge:

Did he possibly do it ' accidentally-on purpose' ? So he could avoid a reversible error down the road during Appeal Process?

Just maybe he will realize his error, and CHANGE his choice come the morning ..so will make her either an alternate or just one of the deliberating juror???

I'm sure Judge will do his due diligence this evening and attempt to correct anything he may have done. I'm amazed.. because he has been so diligent with going off air for every sidebar.. and juror's entering and exiting courtroom... :maddening: IF not rectified!!!

That's why I think he may have done it on purpose. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members