"An American Murder Mystery" - Discovery ID 3 night series - 04.09 .- 11. 2017

Why they protected Casey--If the death penalty hadn't been on the table, things might have turned out differently. It would be pretty hard for a parent to help send their child to death row, no matter what they had done. Wish the prosecution hadn't asked for the death penalty.

Your version of how Caylee died was what I always thought, assuming it wasn't deliberate. I could be wrong, but I don't think Casey was living at home for the "31 days". The parents were trying to track her down and talk to Caylee, but she always blew them off. It was only when Cindy found out where she was living, went there, and pounded on the door that she was told Caylee was missing. I agree the parents knew the moment they picked up the car that Caylee was dead and Casey had done it.
After looking for her for 3 days I'd have called the police and let DFACS find Caylee. Put a BOLO on the car. Didn't her parents own the car she was driving? 31 days is just outrageous. They had to have known something terrible had happened immediately.
What's disgusting is thinking about that angel being in the trunk for no telling how long parked at a bar or a party and her own mother not even caring or bothering to do the right thing.
I also think she would rather Caylee die than admit she didn't want her and definitely not willing to give her up to her mother and father. It was always about control. A battle between Casey and her mother.
If she had just let her parents raise Caylee she would be a happy healthy growing beautiful little girl right now.
Cindy knew ...always knew.... what her daughter was capable of. Her dad was probably always in denial.
A mother always knows.
The men and maybe even women were always more important than her daughter.
Casey only interested in her boyfriend's number in jail tells everything. Volumes in fact.

Why they protected Casey--If the death penalty hadn't been on the table, things might have turned out differently. It would be pretty hard for a parent to help send their child to death row, no matter what they had done. Wish the prosecution hadn't asked for the death penalty.

I must be a hard hearted person...but
I've always told my kids if they took another's life or did a horrendous deed as Casey did for example, I'd not help them one bit.
Of course each situation is completely different but in Casey's situation, I'd help hang her. But you are probably completely correct though. The death penalty is what kept them from pushing for justice for Caylee.
That angel never had a voice in her family to stand up for her.
Casey deserved the death penalty imho.
The coldness of how it all was handled was what seals it for me. 31 days. Thrown away like a piece of trash. No apology. No care for the child she gave birth to.
Nothing but excuses and finger pointing.
Had she fessed up immediately maybe I would feel different. IDK... :thinking:

The series mentioned how Casey repaid Jose with sexual favors. Is there any evidence to support this?
TIA!!

I watched this series. Really nothing new, just reopened sad feelings. We will never know what really happened to the baby, but I do know FCA will live an eternity in hell for her actions. That has to be good enough for me. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The series mentioned how Casey repaid Jose with sexual favors. Is there any evidence to support this?
TIA!!

There's rarely evidence of sexual behavior (or misbehavior) - especially in a situation such as this. Folks tend to get their freak on in private. However, the PI Dominic Casey submitted court documents testifying to the fact that he saw Casey either running out of or running around in Baez's office stark naked. He stated that when he confronted her, she told him she had no money to pay Jose, so she was putting out for him as payment.

There was also something about Jose getting her out of some appearance she didn't want to make, and he was overheard to tell her she owed him "three blow jobs" in return.

I personally viewed early behavior between those two that appeared to be highly unprofessional and inappropriate, with definite sexual overtones.

I'm reasonably sure something was going on there. Both Baez and Anthony are the scum of the earth, so "payment sex" is probably right up their scummy alley.

Here's the thing... the jury did NOT have to give her the Death Penalty if they wanted to simply give her LWOP. They could have also convicted her on the lesser charges (not First Degree Murder) and given her 30-plus years.

In my opinion, the Death Penalty being on the table was obsolete. There were other options. The Anthony's did everything they could to make sure Casey walked... period. The jury members were cowards and didn't give one flying <insert self inflicted modslip> about this case at all. I clearly remember their stupid complaints about DVD's they could and could not have... what desserts they would have for the evening, etc... Seriously???

Here's the thing... the jury did NOT have to give her the Death Penalty if they wanted to simply give her LWOP. They could have also convicted her on the lesser charges (not First Degree Murder) and given her 30-plus years.

In my opinion, the Death Penalty being on the table was obsolete. There were other options. The Anthony's did everything they could to make sure Casey walked... period. The jury members were cowards and didn't give one flying <insert self inflicted modslip> about this case at all. I clearly remember their stupid complaints about DVD's they could and could not have... what desserts they would have for the evening, etc... Seriously???

Yep, spoiled lazy brats with chips on their shoulders.

TIA!!

iirc Dominic Casey also claimed in his affidavit that Casey's defense was funded by associates of el Chapo and that Casey tried to frame Roy Kronk in October 2008 which would be impossible because know one knew about Kronk until December 2008. So I don't think he's reliable.

Agree completely.
I also think the other reason they fought so hard to get her off is because they both knew they were guilty in many ways too. If Casey was convicted.... they would be convicted also in the public eye.
I wish there was a way to bring charges on them both.
I do think they knew much more than we will ever know. I wouldn't even be surprised to find out Casey was making threats towards Caylee or aggressive behavior towards her early on and they never did anything about it. There is definitely more to the story behind the scenes I'm sure that we will never know. But one thing I'm pretty sure of is Casey's daddy was never out of the way sexually with her growing up. That part made me sick. Mainly because I'm sure her daddy ran offense the majority of her life between her and Cindy. Always wanting to believe that his girl would never do such things or say such things. Her mama knew what she was capable of. I've been going through stuff with my daughter and believe me a mother always knows.
My DH was always in denial too. Until he had a rude wake up call. I saw the same pain in Casey's daddy's eyes I saw in my husbands. I'm not saying he's innocent. I'm just saying that in my opinion denial is not an excuse to ignore obvious signs.

Let's be honest... Casey didn't just wake up that morning out of the blue and do what she did.
The behavior was always there and always escalating. She's seriously a dangerous individual and it scares me that she may one day have another child. Know what I mean?

Hi guys! I feel a bit like an interloper since I didn't follow the case and trial with y'all. At the time I followed bits and snatches only, yet I too was shocked at the verdict. I've read every single post in this thread and I can see how Caylee's case affected so many of you here. I feel for you as I have a few similar cases where I too have difficulty letting go and moving on... Lonzie Barton is one and in that case both main players actually went to jail. Still, IMO their sentences weren't enough. Delano Wilson - the father was found not guilty despite overwhelming evidence, including video, that he lied through his teeth about his newborn's disappearance.

Anyway, coming in late I'm sure some of my comments will sound naive but well, like y'all, I have to spit them out...

First off, IMO the default emotion of any parent or grandparent finding a precious child/grandchild floating in a pool is 100% not to immediately accept that oops! the child is beyond help and therefore it's best to conceal their body - like trash, undeserving of a proper burial, in some remote swamp. Seriously, what loving parent or grandparent would choose to do so? The most logical reaction is DENIAL that they are dead and cannot be revived. And certainly you call 911. Because there's always the chance that they can be brought back - we've all read those stories. It takes time to process that a loved one is truly dead.

I do think that understanding some of the forensics, such as the gas chromatography of decomp and the decomposition hair bands would have been difficult for even a more sophisticated panel than that of the jury. Sometimes groundbreaking science can seem like voodoo without enough compelling evidence derived through the scientific method. In fairness, both methods are still controversial.

Still, I feel like the jury dismissed the evidence out of hand, kind of like DNA analysis in the past. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it has no merit. And at the same time the jury apparently accepted Dr. Spitz's ridiculous assertion that the duct tape was placed on Caylee's face in order to move her skull. Really? Why? What possible reason would there be to place duct tape over a child's nose and mouth if not prevent the child from breathing? Why would the jury choose to ignore what may have possibly been the most incriminating bit of evidence in the whole case?

Ugh, I have more but certainly not anything that all of you here who followed the case closely haven't already discussed. I guess I'm mostly angry - at the jury, at CA, at her parents... Personally I'm leaning more and more towards thinking that it may be time to consider professional jurors. I dunno.

Anyway, I just wanted to rant a bit and also to give a nod to those of you who stood by and through this awful trial for little Caylee's sake. It's one of the reasons I'm a member here.

IMO the problem with CA is she was enabled by her parents and treated like a child instead of an adult. Was it true she wanted a T.O.P. when pregnant, and her mother interfered with that?
CA was not ready to be a parent IMO. She didn't want a child and on some level blamed her mother for all of it, and then in the end took out her spiteful feelings on her mother and killed her child, knowing how loved little Caylee was as a first grandbaby.
And at the trial her father was the scapegoat for all of it, but didn't speak up and deny the sexual abuse allegations against him, and Cindy lied in court to save her daughter's behind. All JMO

Hi guys! I feel a bit like an interloper since I didn't follow the case and trial with y'all. At the time I followed bits and snatches only, yet I too was shocked at the verdict. I've read every single post in this thread and I can see how Caylee's case affected so many of you here. I feel for you as I have a few similar cases where I too have difficulty letting go and moving on... Lonzie Barton is one and in that case both main players actually went to jail. Still, IMO their sentences weren't enough. Delano Wilson - the father was found not guilty despite overwhelming evidence, including video, that he lied through his teeth about his newborn's disappearance.

Anyway, coming in late I'm sure some of my comments will sound naive but well, like y'all, I have to spit them out...

First off, IMO the default emotion of any parent or grandparent finding a precious child/grandchild floating in a pool is 100% not to immediately accept that oops! the child is beyond help and therefore it's best to conceal their body - like trash, undeserving of a proper burial, in some remote swamp. Seriously, what loving parent or grandparent would choose to do so? The most logical reaction is DENIAL that they are dead and cannot be revived. And certainly you call 911. Because there's always the chance that they can be brought back - we've all read those stories. It takes time to process that a loved one is truly dead.

I do think that understanding some of the forensics, such as the gas chromatography of decomp and the decomposition hair bands would have been difficult for even a more sophisticated panel than that of the jury. Sometimes groundbreaking science can seem like voodoo without enough compelling evidence derived through the scientific method. In fairness, both methods are still controversial.

Still, I feel like the jury dismissed the evidence out of hand, kind of like DNA analysis in the past. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it has no merit. And at the same time the jury apparently accepted Dr. Spitz's ridiculous assertion that the duct tape was placed on Caylee's face in order to move her skull. Really? Why? What possible reason would there be to place duct tape over a child's nose and mouth if not prevent the child from breathing? Why would the jury choose to ignore what may have possibly been the most incriminating bit of evidence in the whole case?

Ugh, I have more but certainly not anything that all of you here who followed the case closely haven't already discussed. I guess I'm mostly angry - at the jury, at CA, at her parents... Personally I'm leaning more and more towards thinking that it may be time to consider professional jurors. I dunno.

Anyway, I just wanted to rant a bit and also to give a nod to those of you who stood by and through this awful trial for little Caylee's sake. It's one of the reasons I'm a member here.

Hi MsMarple, good post. I posted with you on Lonzie's case and will never forget little Lonzie, :(
Nice to see you here, :)

:goodpost:

If you're in the U.K like me and want to see the show it's going to be on Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery' premieres exclusively in the UK on Quest Red, 11pm, Saturday 29th April (Freeview 38).

Well for me,I didn't have this wonderful site to discuss and get my feelings out and share with others the pain this case brought to me...to all of us.
I'm so glad I found this site last year. So many caring and wonderful people here who want to give the victims a voice. Great post btw. I still think there are many things to be learned from this. If nothing else it may help others watch for warning signs in their loved ones. I'm still angry too. I think I always will be with this case. Because there was no justice at all for that angel and she died at the hands of her mother. The worst betrayal imaginable. The one person Caylee had from birth that was meant to protect her from all things bad, yet didn't.
I've also wondered two other theories too. Maybe Casey left out some type of drug and Caylee took it and died. Or she was drugged and raped by one of Casey's male friends during a party session. That last one actually happened to a friend of mine's daughter after she divorced her husband. It was his weekend to have the girls and instead of playing dad for the weekend he threw a big party and lost sight of his kids thinking they went to bed. Never checked on them though. Just kept partying.
Meanwhile, one of his BEST friends since childhood, drugged and raped the 5 year old daughter over and over again all night. She was lucky to have lived honestly. But the thing is.... you NEVER know who you can trust. So just don't!
I just wish Casey would write a book telling the TRUE story and donate all the proceeds to abused children.
No lies, no finger pointing. Just the plain truth.
But to do that she would have to care about Caylee. So it won't happen. :gaah:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back