IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I'm so glad someone else noticed this. I couldn't agree more. Great post, Shire.

And on that note, unfortunately, I have to leave you wonderful people for a while. I look forward to reading each and every post I've missed when I return.

Have a great afternoon, all! :)

BBM

Boy, you just had to rub it in

:snooty:

:D

I remember we talked a bit about his phone. Was it an old flip phone or a newer I-phone type?

My guess would be an old flip phone. Not many people use those anymore and those who do may not want to spend the money since what they have works just fine, it's ease of use and reliability and cost of usage.

So, my question, and it's a dumb one but I really don't know is.....
do they ping like the knew ones?
Are they as traceable as the new ones?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
we don't know, but since it is fairly large in it's size that it is likely a newer phone and not a flip phone.

What information could LE have possibly presented to the judge in order to obtain a SW for the Bicycle Bridge Road property? It obviously had to be more than just someone remotely looks like the BG pic that was released the previous day. Something or someone led them to that property, with enough PC to get a judge to sign off on a SW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we don't know, but since it is fairly large in it's size that it is likely a newer phone and not a flip phone.
A phone unflipped is probably longer than a newer one. But that still doesn't answer my question.
Are there any tracing differences between a thoroughly modern one and one that is not. Or record keeping?

For members just tuning in, YouTube member "Gray Hughes" has some great videos related to this case, involving what many of us believe to eb the flow of the crime. He has videos related to other cases, too:

[video=youtube;DZzBCyLSI0E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZzBCyLSI0E[/video]

I think this is a great one, plus the maps folks here have added are helpful in gaining an understanding of the area where the murders happened.

Imo if someone can murder two innocent children, they wouldn't have an issue killing a dog. But I see where you're coming from

Yeah but in my opinion no dog was involved. The dog ploy is said to be used where there's other people around, to not rouse suspicion.

In this case the perpetrator, instead of playing games that assumed the girls were trusting and naive, (likely they're well past the age of that) considering there appears to be no witnesses, a gun or knife was possibly used if he had wanted to forcefully move them along from one area to another. But we also don't know if he (or they) were known to one or both. So many possibilities.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not so ridiculous. Anyone carrying a cute little puppy would make anyone off their guard so would be a good move. Carry it across bridge in jacket. Put cute doggie down at end of bridge - 'g'down the hill' (to the dog maybe) while getting weapon out. JMO.

Exactly!

A phone unflipped is probably longer than a newer one. But that still doesn't answer my question.
Are there any tracing differences between a thoroughly modern one and one that is not. Or record keeping?

the phone looks wide, not long.

I am just catching up, so I apologize if others have shared similar feelings, but BG suddenly looks younger to me than he did in the two "original" photos. Weird.
From when the pics were released, I had thought he was around 50-ish. Now he looks a good 20 years younger.

RSBM. I'm going to crop the backgrounds out of all the picture of me that I have. 😝

The above is just my opinion.

Still doesn't answer my question but thanks for responding.

I have no idea about tracking on the flip phone vs new. I'm assuming if it's a better made flip yes vs good ole standard. However I bet with all the money being made off of consumer data it's in every phone. Look up the Harris Corp.

Please Google "middle-aged" and you will ind the range I listed

If one is referring to strictly to age categories, Senior typically begins at age 65. Then yes, Middle Age is the next youngest category that goes up to age 64, when that person officially becomes a Senior.

Although most 50ish to 64 year olds are usually not perceived to be middle aged. We've been known to refer to ourselves as "over the hill".

The exact definition of middle aged will never be resolved because it's measured in different ways by different people, and aside from that the words "middle" and "median" are indeed synonymous.

But does it really matter? LE has told us BG is a suspect but they don't know the identity of BG. So how could they know how old he is?

[FONT=.SF UI Text]Has there ever been a more ambiguous set of photos than BG1 & 2 ?[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]The only BG I know is Barry Gibb and I think he was recording that day ...[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]I have read all the threads and have mostly found them engaging.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]Despite his foibles, I believe RL has been treated with some excessive scrutiny at times. A victim of circumstance perhaps. Time will tell.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]It's entirely possible he could have been there. If so he would gain a Guinness world record entry for being the only near 80 yr old to negotiate a 60ft high rickety bridge walking on the edge with no railing, hands in pocket while holding a puppy, knife, rope, sword, gun, baseball bat, goggles and wearing a catheter. Sounds plausible. And being at his property for 53 yrs would give him plenty of time to plan it. You don't want to rush into these things.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]I do believe in innocence until proven guilty and as long as RL is "not labelled a suspect" and as long as LE is "not real optimistic" at having already solved the case, I shall look in other directions.[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]Like everybody else, I am here for two reasons. A&L[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]There is something compelling about this case, something grossly unfair that two young girls have been denied a future, for no good reason, something that needs to be resolved for the sake of their families.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]All MOO[/FONT]

A puppy? The old puppy ploy has been around for ages, goes with a warning by parents to their very young children. The bad man will ask "can you help me find my puppy please?" Almost always there is NO dog. But the perpetrator attempts to lure the unsuspecting child closer and closer to their vehicle where the child will be taken by force. Someone carrying a puppy along an abandoned rail line in order to stalk teenagers? Wouldn't a dog be a hinderance, might bark etc?

A trained dog, NO(IMO) Barking would be a good coverup for yelling, screaming, gun noise. No one would think twice about a dog barking.

If, perhaps, the reason why the cs is in that particular area on RL's back 40, near the creek is bc the girls were walked "down the hill" from an outbuilding around, near RL's property. It's been my thought all along that this is the reason for PC SW at his home , barn, etc. In a small town everybody knows everybody's business and could have known RL was out for the day and his property would be safe to use for nefarious reasons. So BG+whomever took the girls there first.Even if his property, outbuildings wasn't used for nefarious purpose, maybe his property was a better place to park near, remove girls from car and walk them from there, and not be seen from the cemetery, trailhead entrances where family was still possibly parked and searching thru the night. Reason why they removed his truck & searched? He gave someone a ride or someone borrowed his truck transporting girls ? while he was gone with friends and family doing whatever he was doing til 630 pm 2/13. JMO. Speculating. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
BBM ~ If BG isn't RL (and I'm tending to thinking he isn't), then it might help to zero in on who might've known he'd be gone much of the day. I get the impression he didn't habitually hang out with many people, so the list can't be too long.

What information could LE have possibly presented to the judge in order to obtain a SW for the Bicycle Bridge Road property? It obviously had to be more than just someone remotely looks like the BG pic that was released the previous day. Something or someone led them to that property, with enough PC to get a judge to sign off on a SW.

Not necessarily. The bar for obtaining a search warrant isn't all that high. Two or more tips that someone residing there that resembles BG, if that were the case, would be sufficient. All that is required for probable cause is that the search is reasonable and the state's interest (or rather the people's interests) outweighs the individuals interests under the 4th amendment. Probable cause is the lowest and easiest bar to clear.

For example, if you are walking down a sidewalk in a neighborhood that recently had burglaries LE has probable cause to stop you and identify you and ask you questions.

That same level probable cause - basically it is possible and just possible (no more substantive than that), that an individual is the killer - is all that is needed for a search warrant. And like I said, all it takes is two or more individuals to say someone looks like BG and that should be sufficient. Anything additional such as not having a verifiable alibi such as home alone or sleeping or a prior criminal history, no matter how non-violent , would just make it more likely to get a search warrant. It really does not take much for LE to get a search warrant. LE doesn't have to claim that it is more likely than not that the individual is the killer, for example.

If LE actually had to go to the level of accusing someone of carrying out the murders to get a search warrant then they would be handing the defense attorney for the eventual caught killer the gift of reasonable doubt because the defense attorney could simply read the accusation of murder that LE swore in the search warrant for someone else LE were sure of only to then arrest their client.

I have no idea about tracking on the flip phone vs new. I'm assuming if it's a better made flip yes vs good ole standard. However I bet with all the money being made off of consumer data it's in every phone. Look up the Harris Corp.
Thank you. I was able to get an answer.

Well said
[FONT=.SF UI Text]Has there ever been a more ambiguous set of photos than BG1 & 2 ?[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]The only BG I know is Barry Gibb and I think he was recording that day ...[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]I have read all the threads and have mostly found them engaging.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]Despite his foibles, I believe RL has been treated with some excessive scrutiny at times. A victim of circumstance perhaps. Time will tell.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]It's entirely possible he could have been there. If so he would gain a Guinness world record entry for being the only near 80 yr old to negotiate a 60ft high rickety bridge walking on the edge with no railing, hands in pocket while holding a puppy, knife, rope, sword, gun, baseball bat, goggles and wearing a catheter. Sounds plausible. And being at his property for 53 yrs would give him plenty of time to plan it. You don't want to rush into these things.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]I do believe in innocence until proven guilty and as long as RL is "not labelled a suspect" and as long as LE is "not real optimistic" at having already solved the case, I shall look in other directions.[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]Like everybody else, I am here for two reasons. A&L[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]There is something compelling about this case, something grossly unfair that two young girls have been denied a future, for no good reason, something that needs to be resolved for the sake of their families.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]All MOO[/FONT]

To answer your question - No, there is no difference when it comes to tracing or record keeping.

There were other Search Warrants issued as well, at one point the number mentioned was already 13. So aside from the Bicycle Bridge location, RL's property was not the only location or where LE had Probable Cause to want to search.

Where, who or what of the locations of the other SWs has not been provided to the media.

Probable Cause certainly does not indicate guilt. If the bar of PC was that high, LE would be expected to solve a case prior to investigating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member