IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to assume the first search warrant that was served was for search of the private land that the bodies were found, someone correct me if I am wrong. I'm also going to assume there were SW served on both girls phones.
Now the SW that was served on RL's home, out buildings, land and truck, I assume would consist of an affidavit that consisted much more than the fact that the bodies were found on his land. They also had to list specific things that they were looking for in order to take them. IMO something prompted them other than the bodies were found on his property.

Thank you for posting the link. Considering Libby's good eye for photography and their plan as going out to "enjoy another one of their shared hobbies by taking photos of one of their favorite places" I would expect to see more photographs than only the two SS pics.

And Abby did not bring her phone to also shoot some pictures? LE may not be in possession of Libby's phone just because of the lack of photos - unless they are not telling us and holding back everything else from that phone. That's possible.

I also noticed, that at some point they seem not to have Libby's phone, because the two SS pictures "were not time stamped" according to this transcript. If they had the phone, they would have known the exact time of when what was processed on Libby's phone. They may have found the phone later - or not.

Scroll down to page 5, SGT Kim Riley, ISP:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3g3DEap84xwS1BaNHpmSmJxOXc/view?usp=sharing

All IMO

-Nin

If I remember correctly it was reported that Abbey didn't have a phone yet to bring with her I'm sure only Liberty had one.

If search dogs had been used in the Feb 13th search why didn't the dogs find the girl's scent? We don't even know how thorough a search was done ????? Did LE think LG and AW had run away for some reason?
Dogs weren't used on the 13th.

What I remember reading in the beginning (I'll look for links) is that the picture of AW on the bridge was the last one she uploaded, so it sounded like there had been others earlier. I also remember LE saying that the pictures of BG were from a video shot at 2:30. I believe that was on the billboards. I'd guess the reason there are no time stamps on the pictures because they were cropped from bigger pictures. I also thought that AW's mother had said she didn't have a phone with her, but I could be wrong about that too.

MOO

We have seen 2 snapchat photos so far, one showing the bridge and one showing Abby on the bridge. The timestamp is referring to the snapchat pics, not to the video frames showing the POI/BG.

Yes, thanks, I seem to recall that as well, that Abby did not have her phone with her. I thought perhaps she brought a camera or something.

All IMO

-Nin

Jmo, the murders took place where the girls were found, and it was all very quick. No reason at all to bring their bodies back from elsewhere if he had taken them away from the park/woods. Especially since searching began so soon after their missed pick-up time. He was home or at least far away from the scene by the time the searchers began, imo.

If it was a quick, (murdering of 2 girls) what was the motive IF neither of the girls had been sexually assaulted? LE haven't even given how the girls were killed let alone if SA was committed on either of the poor girls. :(. Was this a "thrill kill"? Lots of questions and hopefully LE are starting to get some answers and close to making an arrest or arrests in the case.

If it was a quick, (murdering of 2 girls) what was the motive IF neither of the girls had been sexually assaulted? LE haven't even given how the girls were killed let alone if SA was committed on either of the poor girls. :(. Was this a "thrill kill"? Lots of questions and hopefully LE are starting to get some answers and close to making an arrest or arrests in the case.

I think LE checking out registered sex offenders right off the bat answers the motive question. Jmo

What I remember reading in the beginning (I'll look for links) is that the picture of AW on the bridge was the last one she uploaded, so it sounded like there had been others earlier. I also remember LE saying that the pictures of BG were from a video shot at 2:30. I believe that was on the billboards. I'd guess the reason there are no time stamps on the pictures because they were cropped from bigger pictures. I also thought that AW's mother had said she didn't have a phone with her, but I could be wrong about that too.

MOO

Here is MP quote.
"[We] really didn't find anything and the last minute, I think we found, going out was at about 2:30 which was a Snapchat of a picture of them out there on this bridge, and that was the last communication we've had."

I'm going to assume the first search warrant that was served was for search of the private land that the bodies were found, someone correct me if I am wrong. I'm also going to assume there were SW served on both girls phones.
Now the SW that was served on RL's home, out buildings, land and truck, I assume would consist of an affidavit that consisted much more than the fact that the bodies were found on his land. They also had to list specific things that they were looking for in order to take them. IMO something prompted them other than the bodies were found on his property.

Do you think dozens or maybe even hundreds of anonymous tips suggesting reasons why RL was believed to be the guilty culprit would prompt the SW?

I think LE checking out registered sex offenders right off the bat answers the motive question. Jmo

Yes but LE also said there was no danger and to just be more watchful of your children, something to that affect?

Hmmm I wonder why not?

Probably because when teens go missing, for the first few hours at least, it's naturally assumed they had a change of plans, met other friends or relatives, lost track of time, went someplace else etc and either forgot or intentionally didnt inform their family.

I think any of us can think of a time when a family member was not where they were supposed to be. To immediately call out tracking dogs would be an extreme overreaction.

Here is MP quote.
"[We] really didn't find anything and the last minute, I think we found, going out was at about 2:30 which was a Snapchat of a picture of them out there on this bridge, and that was the last communication we've had."

So I wonder if the family found the pictures first then told LE? So LG pictures were posted to Snap chat?

Curious...
If RL was the killer, Why would he return to his OWN property to dispose of the bodies?

Sent from my LGL51AL using Tapatalk

Not meaning to go OT, but that's precisely the reason why I never thought George Anthony knew about Caylee from the beginning (later on, maybe). As a former officer, I think he would've a) come up with a better story and b) hidden the body better. I am not arguing that RL was or was not part of it, because I am not sure about his involvement at this time, but if it were ME I like to think I could find a better place to hide a body than on my own farm. Of course, if he was afraid that his movements were going to be scrutinized, and he didn't want to be caught driving, then I GUESS it could make sense for him to hide the body on his farm "in plain sight" and play dumb. I am just not sold yet on what, if any, involvement he had.

Probably because when teens go missing, for the first few hours at least, it's naturally assumed they had a change of plans, met other friends or relatives, lost track of time, went someplace else etc and either forgot or intentionally didnt inform their family.

Yes I can see the first few hours but you'd think by even 8pm the family had tried to get in touch with the girl's friends in the area with no results. Dogs still could have been brought in JMO

Yes I can see the first few hours but you'd think by even 8pm the family had tried to get in touch with the girl's friends in the area with no results. Dogs still could have been brought in JMO

By midnight LE didn't suspect foul play. I think it'd be presuming that by 8pm all other possibilities pertaining to their possible whereabouts were exhausted.

If you look at maps, the trail system is also a large area. Its unlikely dog searches are conducted in the dark in rough terrain.

"DELPHI, Ind. — It's impossible to walk the Monon High Bridge trail in Delphi and not think of Liberty German and Abby Williams.

It was one of the last sites the teens hiked Feb. 13 before a killer diverted them from the trail to a secluded spot east of the bridge, where he killed the girls.

At 3 p.m. Sunday, the community is invited to symbolically reclaim the trail by hiking the half-mile from the Freedom Bridge — the blue, steel-framed bridge over Indiana 25 — to the Monon High Bridge trail head.

"Our goal is to come together as a community, reclaim the land for holy purposes and to share mutually what we can do in encouraging one another on this journey," Delphi United Methodist Church Pastor Todd Ladd said in a news release published Wednesday."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...y-reclaims-monon-high-bridge-trail/100942064/

Personally I think the bridge should be closed due to it being in a dangerous state of disrepair.

His property had been searched before with his permission...starting the night the girls were reported missing and since.

It wasn't until they arrested him for probation violations (3/10) that he stopped cooperating with LE and his atty told him to hush up. Rightly so.

Your scenarios are fine, but they don't pertain to this case. Visit our links thread to catch up with what's what. Court records are available also.

Don't have a clue about what wiki says or doesn't say.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ia-maps-amp-timelines&p=13163455#post13163455

Here's an example of why LE would get a SW not involving RL:

Hypothetical #1: Someone killed the girls and dumped their bodies. The perp walks up RL's property and sees outbuildings and a house, doesn't look like anyones home. The perp hides a bloody shirt in an outbuilding, and breaks into RL's house to wash his hands, leaving some blood on the counter. Even though RL's house is not the scene of a crime, there's now evidence of a crime in multiple places. LE has probable cause to search the property since the bodies were found on the property. They get the warrant, and search and seize anything they think could be related to this crime. At trial, LE introduces the evidence as the fruit of a valid warrant.

Hypothetical #2: Same facts as above, but the killer is the property owner's (FICTIONAL) nephew. LE does not get a warrant, they figure since RL is on probation, they can pop in for a random search. They find a bloody shirt in a shed on the property. At trial, RL testifies that the shed was not his property- it was actually his brother's property, and his brother never consented to a search. The defendant now moves to exclude the shirt arguing it was illegally seized without a warrant. The defense also moves to exclude any evidence related to the shirt under the "fruit of the poisonous tree" doctrine. PROBLEMS! Even if the prosecution is successful and wins all these motions and the evidence is not excluded, you are so far behind than you would have been if you got a simple warrant.

So this is why in practice LE always gets warrants, even if it seems unnecessary to us or does not line up with what wikipedia says about warrants. If anything, LE does not want to be the reason why a murderer walks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid