IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

Getting ready to close the thread soon.

Just FYI

Tricia

Hi - Are you saying no one in LE made a reference to nightmares?

That's right. The actual quote is in the media thread on page one. If I can find it I will post link.

LOUDER than words---in their initial press conference they were visibly disturbed.

Post 72 in the media thread.

“Imagine what that must be like, it’s generally and very likely will be one of the last things these ladies and gentleman see for the rest of their lives before they go to sleep,” said Carter.

Thank you - I was positive I heard the nightmare reference made by LE during one of the first conferences. My apologies if I was in error.

"A source familiar with the investigation described the full cell phone recording as "the stuff of nightmares."

I think it got picked up from here and away it went....but was never (to my knowledge) attributed to LE

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-indiana-murder-mystery-as-reward-reaches-50g

I think the reason this keeps getting mentioned is because the statement isn't something we hear very often and it was disturbing to hear. From what I've read my understanding is that LE didn't suspect foul play the night A & L were missing. Maybe their mindset changed the following morning, but I don't recall that being said. I don't care how much training you have seeing 2 young girls murdered isn't something you can be trained or prepared for. I'm willing to bet there's only a small percentage of LE that have seen 2 young girls murdered in a case like this. It hits everyone a lot harder when kids are victims.

IMO this is what the statement is referring to.

My heart breaks for Abby and Libby's family, friends, LE and the entire community. I hope and pray whoever is responsible for this unspeakable crime is held accountable.

I've said this once and I'll say it again. LE needs to let the public know if they should be afraid.

Can you imagine living in Delphi w/ children?

We're coming up to three months with this being unresolved.

This is getting absolutely ridiculous - IMO

I can't imagine what an awful feeling it would be to live in or near Delphi. I would be on edge and looking over my shoulder every minute of everyday.

RL has had -0- violations since 2014 until 2 dead girls were found on his property. Then all hell reigned down on his life. So be it... NOW, he's locked up in the Indiana Department of Corrections, per Vinelink, for 3.5 years.

I don't see BG as RL. However, this is what keeps him in the spotlight for me. Somethings not right with all of it, it's fishy and doesn't add up. MOO

There are so many potential suspects which we are not allowed to post on

There are so many potential suspects which we are not allowed to post on WS.

Websleuths rules are a good thing. If you think you know who is guilty, then give the tip to LE so it can be properly investigated.

But otherwise it would come down to random people being picked by anonymous users of the internet to become possible suspects. While it's one thing to play sleuth, imagine how devastating it is for innocent people and their family members to be accused of murder on the www, that can leave permanent tracks?

Delphi Daughters: The Untold Story of Abby & Libby - Thursday, April 27, 7PM ET
The Indy Channel - RTV6

This is the response I had received:
We stream all of our newscasts live on line. It will likely be cut after it airs and will be on Youtube as well, but the best way to catch it would be to stream from our mobile app or from our main web page on Thursday.

Not positive, but I think the live stream might be available on this page when it airs: http://www.theindychannel.com/newscasts

Delphi Daughters: The Untold Story of Abby & Libby - Thursday, April 27, 7PM ET
The Indy Channel - RTV6

This is the response I had received:
We stream all of our newscasts live on line. It will likely be cut after it airs and will be on Youtube as well, but the best way to catch it would be to stream from our mobile app or from our main web page on Thursday.

Not positive, but I think the live stream might be available on this page when it airs: http://www.theindychannel.com/newscasts

Thank you for that! I spent a while looking for it this morning because I woke up thinking today was Friday :facepalm:

I can't imagine what an awful feeling it would be to live in or near Delphi. I would be on edge and looking over my shoulder every minute of everyday.

I can't imagine, I live hours away, have almost 16 acres, and when i walk my dog, I carry a phone, pepper spray, a knife, and to boot, he's a fully professionally trained personal protection dog!!! (German Shepherd), trained to take down 2 men at once if need be. But hell, I'm always looking over my shoulder, scanning the area. I can't imagine seeing BG pop out of the woods, and what that must feel like!

Thank you for posting the link. Considering Libby's good eye for photography and their plan as going out to "enjoy another one of their shared hobbies by taking photos of one of their favorite places" I would expect to see more photographs than only the two SS pics.

And Abby did not bring her phone to also shoot some pictures? LE may not be in possession of Libby's phone just because of the lack of photos - unless they are not telling us and holding back everything else from that phone. That's possible.

I also noticed, that at some point they seem not to have Libby's phone, because the two SS pictures "were not time stamped" according to this transcript. If they had the phone, they would have known the exact time of when what was processed on Libby's phone. They may have found the phone later - or not.

Scroll down to page 5, SGT Kim Riley, ISP:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3g3DEap84xwS1BaNHpmSmJxOXc/view?usp=sharing

All IMO

-Nin

YW. As you mentioned, I think it's very possible there are more pics/videos from earlier that day. I downloaded Snapchat to play around with it, and as others have mentioned, you can create a Snapchat Story, add pics/videos to your story, share if you choose, and the story is viewable for 24 hours (unlike a snap which is a pic/video only viewable for 1-10 seconds). You can also set an option to save pics/videos to Memories on Snapchat and/or to your Camera Roll. If you save to Camera Roll you can look at pic from there and see the timestamp. You can also add a timestamp to a Snapchat pic using filters. Lots of options and settings.

Regarding Abby's cell, I guess we don't know for sure, but several references were made to the girls' phones (not just Libby's).

I see that transcript is from Feb 16, however, in a news report from Monday night, Feb 13, the reporter mentions the time stamp of 2:07. So it appears they had the time stamp the first night.

Monday, Feb 13 - WLFI Report - transcribed some excerpts starting at about :35 (Ref)

• Mike Patty: …Upset, confused, obviously very distraught. Just worried, all I want to do is have the girls get home safe.
  • Anna Williams: Getting scared now.
  • Reporter: Abigail’s mom, Anna Williams, has spent hours worrying, just hoping to hear her little girl is ok.
  • Anna Williams: It’s getting cold, been out a long time, and don’t know what time they ate last.
  • Reporter: The girls haven’t answered their phones since around the time they went missing.
  • Mike Patty: Missing, abducted, we don’t know for sure. Cellphone has been pinging around town here, there’s a cell phone tower, but the ping was last noted about 5 or 6 hours ago, they say the phone’s now dead.
  • Reporter: The last snapchat from one of the girls was from 2:07.
  • Mike Patty: I saw a text where they got delivered but they never got read.
  • Anna Williams: Very scary situation right now, and I just, I just want her home.
  • Reporter: Now many are on an extensive search to find them...

Cell phone references:
  • Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said crews began canvassing the area and tried pinging the girls' cell phones into the evening hours but had no success in finding them. The sheriff said they believed the girls' phones were either dead or turned off. (Ref)
  • Reporter: The girls haven’t answered their phones since around the time they went missing. (Ref)

The members of Websleuths pray that

attachment.php

Attachments

• Today is the Day.JPG
    Today is the Day.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 355
Sometimes it’s hard to say anything. This is one of those times.

There have been rumours but the following tends to support one of them, i.e. that Abby died later. You can also listen to the obituaries.

Liberty “Libby” German

14, of Delphi, went to be with the Lord on February 13, 2017.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jconline/obituary.aspx?pid=184160551

Abigail J. "Abby" Williams

13, of Delphi, died Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jconline/obituary.aspx?pid=184160552

The dates are different, and the inference you can draw from that is shocking.

This could explain why LE officers choked up when speaking to the media and why one of them described this man as a “monster”.

DAY 72. Didn't they have that pic of Abby at around 9pm the first nite. I've seen pics of it with '7hrs. ago' in the corner so if Libby took it at 2:07pm and they copied it 7 hrs. later. (?)

Yes I can see the first few hours but you'd think by even 8pm the family had tried to get in touch with the girl's friends in the area with no results. Dogs still could have been brought in JMO
I sometimes think this decision fueled LE's visible angst at the PC. They perhaps second-guessed their actions. No blame intended. I probably would have had doubts too that something nefarious had happened. I would have thought that it would have all settled down come morning... so after seeing how it turned out, I would have been a mess.

The above is just my opinion.

So maybe, as some have already suggested, Libby was shooting a video of the expense of the bridge not intending BG as the subject.

RSBM

I do not have the link handy, so this will be MOO and please correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to recall that LE said in the beginning that she started making that video because BG was making her feel uneasy (paraphrasing.)
Referring to her as a hero for recording their killer also makes me think LE believes it was very much an intentional video.

Again, MOO.

They had at most six hours to search Monday evening (the police were called at 5:30) by then it was dark.

Even though most searchers left at midnight there were some that stayed on throughout the night making it risky to bring someone back before the search renews at 5 AM.
Do you have a link to the timing of the searching? Also, how do you know some stayed searching thru the night? Do you know who searched thru the night? I have not heard that before.

Cloudajo I want to personally thank you for providing such detailed responses. Your posts are always thorough and informative and I appreciate the work you do to make sure it is correct.
:tyou:

YW. As you mentioned, I think it's very possible there are more pics/videos from earlier that day. I downloaded Snapchat to play around with it, and as others have mentioned, you can create a Snapchat Story, add pics/videos to your story, share if you choose, and the story is viewable for 24 hours (unlike a snap which is a pic/video only viewable for 1-10 seconds). You can also set an option to save pics/videos to Memories on Snapchat and/or to your Camera Roll. If you save to Camera Roll you can look at pic from there and see the timestamp. You can also add a timestamp to a Snapchat pic using filters. Lots of options and settings.

Regarding Abby's cell, I guess we don't know for sure, but several references were made to the girls' phones (not just Libby's).

I see that transcript is from Feb 16, however, in a news report from Monday night, Feb 13, the reporter mentions the time stamp of 2:07. So it appears they had the time stamp the first night.

Monday, Feb 13 - WLFI Report - transcribed some excerpts starting at about :35 (Ref)

• Mike Patty: …Upset, confused, obviously very distraught. Just worried, all I want to do is have the girls get home safe.
  • Anna Williams: Getting scared now.
  • Reporter: Abigail’s mom, Anna Williams, has spent hours worrying, just hoping to hear her little girl is ok.
  • Anna Williams: It’s getting cold, been out a long time, and don’t know what time they ate last.
  • Reporter: The girls haven’t answered their phones since around the time they went missing.
  • Mike Patty: Missing, abducted, we don’t know for sure. Cellphone has been pinging around town here, there’s a cell phone tower, but the ping was last noted about 5 or 6 hours ago, they say the phone’s now dead.
  • Reporter: The last snapchat from one of the girls was from 2:07.
  • Mike Patty: I saw a text where they got delivered but they never got read.
  • Anna Williams: Very scary situation right now, and I just, I just want her home.
  • Reporter: Now many are on an extensive search to find them...

Cell phone references:
  • Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said crews began canvassing the area and tried pinging the girls' cell phones into the evening hours but had no success in finding them. The sheriff said they believed the girls' phones were either dead or turned off. (Ref)
  • Reporter: The girls haven’t answered their phones since around the time they went missing. (Ref)

So to those who think RL did it...why haven't we heard of murder charges yet? We are now nearly at April 27th. Nearly May. May turns into summer fairly fast.

I don't think RL did it, and I'm not sure many do at this point. But a delay in charges doesn't prove lack of involvement. It's been mentioned before, but in the Teresa Sievers case, her murder happened at the end of June, LE was likely on the husband's tail by the day of the funeral, when he was observed discarding potential evidence. But there was a long delay before the husband's hired hitmen were arrested, and husband himself wasn't charged and arrested until the following February. The wheels of justice turn very slowly (and sometimes not at all).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ