Emergency meeting called at Buckingham Palace in London

I have such respect for British protocol. The history and civilized, honorable formality.

In this current age of instant news via tweets and various social media - it is SO refreshing.

My heart goes out to all of our UK friends. [emoji636]

Agree there is no way an American outfit would respect this

Someone would be trying to crawl in a window by now

I was thinking something terror related

If it was terror related the police, MI5/6 security services or Prime Minister Theresa May in Downing Street would make the announcement not Buckingham Palace.

I doubt you would call an emergency meeting for something like that. I think a regular meeting would suffice.

I don't know would you announce a pregnancy, marriage or divorce exactly at 8am?

Does anyone know if this protocol falls under if HRH steps down and turns over her throne to her son?

Don't know about all of you but I am staying up to find out what this is all about.

Not a clue how Abdication works... don't imagine she'd make a decision to do it at 3 am in the morning though

If it was terror related the police, MI5/6 security services or Prime Minister Theresa May in Downing Street would make the announcement not Buckingham Palace.

This is gonna sound stupid but like how many people live there?

I think this totally falls under royal protocol if there is an abdication.

The article in the Daily Mail reports that all household staff (from everywhere) have been summoned to an emergency meeting in London and while it's not totally unknown to happen now and then it is unusual for it to be an emergency.

In your lives how many times has anyone seen this ?

How long does it take staff to get there? Sounds like an unplanmed type of thing otherwise it would be not so hurried.

Not a clue how Abdication works... don't imagine she'd make a decision to do it at 3 am in the morning though

hee her I'm thinking she's 95 she may have had an "oh crap" moment or felt poorly and wanted to control or change things. idk

I'm still thinking serious illness or death though.

The article in the Daily Mail reports that all household staff (from everywhere) have been summoned to an emergency meeting in London and while it's not totally unknown to happen now and then it is unusual for it to be an emergency.

There was something about two people in Scotland being called back but it went to another video without the back arrow

He won't do that. I can't think of any King who had a wife who was Queen except in the children's nursery rhyme 'the king was in his counting house country all his money, the queen was in the parlour eating bread and honey'.

Buckingham Palace has 775 rooms. These include 19 State rooms, 52 Royal and guest bedrooms, 188 staff bedrooms, 92 offices and 78 bathrooms.... can't actually find a number on how many actually live there.

It's not a stupid question at all. I am assuming hundreds work there but actually live there? No clue.

Anyone?

In your lives how many times has anyone seen this ?

I'm trying to think back to how Princess Margaret and the Queen Mother's deaths were announced. I remember the night Princess Diana died in 1997 like yesterday my mum was absolutely devastated like a member of our own family had died.

CARIIS only the Queen and Prince Philip live at Buckingham Palace but some staff live there too, most of the family live at Kensington Palace and Prince Charles lives at Clarence House but they have other country homes and palaces too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back