IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this has been discussed, but I just read an MSM article from a few weeks ago that I hadn't seen before, that has interesting wording. It's likely either me parsing too closely, or a reporter being loose with meaning, but:

Police also revealed German recorded audio of the suspect on her phone during what was believed to be her final moments in which a man's voice is heard saying, "down the hill."

http://fox17online.com/2017/03/22/tragedy-connects-small-towns-2-teens-murders-unsolved/

Do you suppose he only took Libby down the hill and had Abby elsewhere? The *her* final moments comment you mention caught my attention. This beast needs to be stopped.

Sounds like a narrative only to me. Nothing more. IMO

The hunter aspect has come up. My only qualm with that is, while I feel the bridge/trails appear somewhat desolate at times, cornering the girls on the bridge seems like a risky move (even though it did work). He really had to know that area to know that someone wasn't about to approach from that end or be on that side of the trail no?

Hope this hasn't been repeated too many times but Im off the fence now and i truly believe this guy is definitely a hunter and this is a crime of chance...what do hunters do each time they set out? They arm themselves, they prepare , they scope and seek and maybe they find prey and maybe they dont..the uncertainty is part of both the frustration and the thrill..This guy may have been out and about for several days or maybe weeks looking for just the right opportunity..minimal risk for maximum reward. All killers are hunters and BG is more than just a hunter hes a predator..( And just as a quick aside - drive 60 mins or more out of any Aussie city in winter time and he looks pretty much like most of our middle aged/older rural guys too..generic and as a result almost impossible to pin down unless you know exactly who you're looking for :( jmo

so...how obsessed is everyone else with the "new" pic (sorry Skibs, I saw your post yesterday about not reading the media thread lol)...I actually just tossed aside my reading glasses and magnifying glass, and used my BINOCULARS to try and see BGs features better. I propped my phone up and started backing away with my binoculars... I tried from varying distances, and let me tell you, don't bother trying this, it doesnt work and you look like a completely demented crazy person if anyone sees you doing it!
You are so funny, love your posts. I agree everything attached to BG body could be important to whoever knows him. Though it's frustrating to figure out whats on him. Ps magnifying glass doesn't work either.
double quote wont work so Im pasting this in to indicate what the above quoted message was too. OWL SAID : Quote Originally Posted by Owl4 View Post
This case has me going bonkers. Everywhere I go now in Michigan and see a man wearing a cameo hat and blue jeans I'm out right muttering 'BG'. Please find this piece of crap before I go nuts. I'm so beside myself over this case. What does it really matter if it is a dang plastic bag? Or if it's a inside out blue windbreaker? Will it catch this ? No. Damn It! Get this guy before we all are sleuthing the next. Much love to all. Sorry all. Venting. Carry on. ****

I think it does matter what that white thing is, because aside from his actual identity/facial features, its the biggest unknown out of the photo... everything else we can tell what it is mostly...right? we know he has blue jeans on etc. But the ever elusive unidentified white thing shape-shifting majiggerbob that ironically looks like a question mark itself (in one of the pics) is chillingly ironic and fitting. And like Brighty said it could end up being the very little thing that breaks the case. Odds are not great, no, but since it is such a mysterious thing, it drives me crazy trying to figure out what it is.

PS I just sat here cussing at my computer and WS for 20 minutes at my comp desk, thinking it was locked up as i tried to reply to this post. Turns out my batteries fell out the back of my wireless keyboard, lmao :banghead:. AHHHH more coffee...... good morning...

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

The hunter aspect has come up. My only qualm with that is, while I feel the bridge/trails appear somewhat desolate at times, cornering the girls on the bridge seems like a risky move (even though it did work). He really had to know that area to know that someone wasn't about to approach from that end or be on that side of the trail no?

Agree Bird..i think he'd definitely been in the area for a while...he knew his turf by the time he pulled this off..for sure

Agree Bird..i think he'd definitely been in the area for a while...he knew his turf by the time he pulled this off..for sure

As odd as they will sound, it always struck me that an abduction like this would have been less risky in a crowded area. There are homes around the bridge, there is the cemetary, different directions people could have come from while he is abducting the girls. He would stand out more in this type of setting. Sounds crazy I know. Even crazier because his plan did work.

so...how obsessed is everyone else with the "new" pic (sorry Skibs, I saw your post yesterday about not reading the media thread lol)...I actually just tossed aside my reading glasses and magnifying glass, and used my BINOCULARS to try and see BGs features better. I propped my phone up and started backing away with my binoculars... I tried from varying distances, and let me tell you, don't bother trying this, it doesnt work and you look like a completely demented crazy person if anyone sees you doing it!

:laughing: I got a little frustrated because yeah, I thought we had a new photo of BG from LE to get our binoculars out and analyse the poop out of when it was one we'd already done that to, well some of us had before getting totally sideswiped by the other ones they released.

Fwiw I'm totally creeped out by how much BG looks like my late husband in that pic, he doesn't at all in the other ones but in that pic *shivers*

On that note, May the 4th be with you and may TODAY BE THE DAY.

Does anyone have a link to the original media report that contains the ghostly looking image of BG? I think it was abc but I'm unable to find it. I'm just curious because in it he's closely resembles a "phantom".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Copycat Crime
A copycat crime is a criminal act that is modeled or inspired by a previous crime that has been reported in the media or described in fiction.

Copycat effectEdit
The copycat effect is the tendency of sensational publicity about violent murders or suicides to result in more of the same through imitation.[1]

The term was first coined around 1916 due to the crimes that were inspired by Jack the Ripper. Due to the increase of replicated crimes, criminologists soon began to realize that media coverage played a role in inspiring other criminals to commit crimes in a similar fashion.[2]

There is also a book written by Loren Coleman called The Copycat Effect that describes the effect that the media has on crimes and suicides, which are inspired by crimes that have been widely covered across the media. Coleman's view on the media is that the constant coverage of these events, rather than the events with a positive message, gives these criminals a type of fame. The five minutes of fame, book or movie that is dedicated to these criminals provokes individuals with a tendency to behave in a similar way. Due to this type of fame, the "copycat effect" takes place.[3]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copycat_crime

I had no idea that copycat crime was relatively common. The Wikipedia article goes on to list many examples.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think he enjoyed the risk of possibly being seen and probably got a thrill from that aspect and further solidifies my belief that he's not local and was not fearful of someone identifying him if they did see him. and he felt confident enough that he could still get away without getting caught, and so far he has. And just because I believe he's not loca means I just believe he doesn't live there in town . however I think he has some kind of link to Delphi either through his job or from long long ago.. such as maybe a deceased relative lived in the area and he used to visit there as a child or something like that.

O/T: tonight on OWN channel, 20/20 at 7 pm EST. episode Trust and Treachery is on; in which the case of Abraham Shakespeare's murder is featured. This is the case that has been mentioned here in passing several times because the murderer was actually here on WS reading and posting on the victims thread and got caught in lies etc. I do not know if this episode mentions any of this or not, I have not seen it yet (it is a rerun). ANyhow just thought I would mention it, in case you guys want to watch/record it. (I deleted my first attempt at posting this because I incorrectly said it was on the ID channel. I hope the post did indeed delete)

I'm not obsessed with it, bc I still don't believe there is anything of value to be gained from scrutinizing the photos over and over. We can imagine all sorts of things, but they still won't be visible in the images. It's like blindly throwing darts at a dart [emoji457] and just hopping to hit the bullseye. MOO

I'm not telling other people not to, just sharing my thoughts on how useful I think they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I read about the dog collar I didn't think of a dog but that he used it around the neck of one of the girls for control. I still wonder if Libby wasn't killed at the spot above the creek and Abby taken to the Mears barn. Why were they searching there so much? Maybe somebody saw something.

I did a little research and as I'm thinking more about what the white thing could possibly be in the photo under his neck area, I found this link on websleuths where it talks about garrotes and gives links for examples of different types of strangulation devices. I think we should look into these more...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?117975-Cords-Knots-and-Strangulation-Devices

Also another random thing I've noticed regarding the bulkiness around his head and neck that everyone presumes is some kind of a hoodie.. I've noticed it does look like one of my neighbors who is a fitness fanatic and gym teacher.. he always wears a towel around his neck and under his hoodie to wipe sweat while he's out working in his yard and such ...and it looks very similarly bulky.

I've wondered that as well. BG calling in tips to throw them off.

Not tied to this post, but I've also thought parties involved offering tips to thwart investigation. Thus, the swarm of searchers 5 weeks later at RL's place. Five weeks is such a long time to say: Hey, maybe we should search RL's again. I do wonder if something prompted that. LE 101 is to search his property properly when the girls were found.
LE 101 was not to search his house or vehicle. They were not part of the CS. They needed probable cause to do so. The SW was prompted by additional "tips" and "information" that they likely did not have early on in the investigation. Things were "not adding up".

Do you suppose he only took Libby down the hill and had Abby elsewhere? The *her* final moments comment you mention caught my attention. This beast needs to be stopped.
"in her final moments" sounds like it came out of a reporter's mouth and not LE.

Found a clip from Feb. 23 with Fox 59 doing a quick interview with Sheriff Leazenby about DNA evidence. In the article it says the FBI-accredited facility is NOT working on this case. :tantrum:
http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/dna-evidence-recovered-in-delphi-murder-investigation/

I think it just means that particular facility isn't working on the case. There's likely more than one FBI accredited facility and iirc the FBI also have their own labs.

"Dr. Bush is the laboratory director for Strand Diagnostics, an FBI-accredited facility that often assists law enforcement, although they’re not working on the Delphi case."

I think it just means that particular facility isn't working on the case. There's likely more than one FBI accredited facility and iirc the FBI also have their own labs.

"Dr. Bush is the laboratory director for Strand Diagnostics, an FBI-accredited facility that often assists law enforcement, although they’re not working on the Delphi case."

I think there's only 1>> https://www.fbi.gov/services/laboratory

Or he would have had to know with certainty who else, aside from the girls, would be on that side of the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim