IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is in response to a question on the 2/20 thread asking if the length of time it took for the girl’s to be found would impact the usefulness of the DNA on the scene. For a long-dead subject, DNA has an expiration date, but it’s not as short as you think it is.
The entire formula for human life is encoded in the sub-microscopic molecules of deoxyribonucleic acid, and has been throughout all stages of evolution. Like fingerprints, genetic code is particular to an individual, which makes it a unique identifier in the absence of other information, like modern dental records. DNA, however, is fragile, and breaks down over time. How long the decomposition process takes will vary with the circumstances under which it is found. Take, for example, if DNA is exposed to the elements: Like the human body itself, DNA decays with increasing rapidity in the presence of heat, water, sunlight, and oxygen. Those essential conditions of life also speed the process of death, potentially rendering DNA useless for analysis in a matter of weeks. Since the girls were not found after that length of time there should be some very useful DNA, though transfer DNA from touch is a little trickier out in the elements.

Sorry guys i know this is O/T but is there an easy way to refresh the pages? I'm a newbie n can't see a way to do this? Sorry for being stupid

Hes' in jail in Marion County, per vinelink
Best info I can find indicates he is in custody, with a jury trial scheduled for May 23.

IMHO, at 6' 3" and 220 lbs he is too large to be bridge guy.

Seeing how a volunteer searcher found the bodies, I think they were probably quite visible as usually searchers are advised not to dig, move leaves, etc...rather, to contact an LEO if they see anything unusual.

Sorry guys i know this is O/T but is there an easy way to refresh the pages? I'm a newbie n can't see a way to do this? Sorry for being stupid

No worries. No stupid questions here. Hit your F5 key.

Seeing how a volunteer searcher found the bodies, I think they were probably quite visible as usually searchers are advised not to dig, move leaves, etc...rather, to contact an LEO if they see anything unusual.

I still want to know who asked to search the land around RL property that first night and if RL gave permission for a search as we still don't know long the girls were on his land.

I still want to know who asked to search the land around RL property that first night and if RL gave permission for a search as we still don't know long the girls were on his land.

I don't have a link handy. However, I recall on the evening of the 13th around 6:30 PM people knocked on his door to ask if they could search. So I'm sure he said yes for that evening.

This is MOO and just a feeling i have but i definately think this person or persons is local or known to the girls.

what if the murder(s) are SK from Delphi but travel out of the area to find their victims either through work or personal hobbies? Maybe the suspect(s) got lazy n decided to kill closer to home? Maybe the girls were known to the killer and thought they were an easy target that day??

i have my own personal thoughts on this which obviously I can't discuss here but a completely random attack on two girls just doesn't fit right with me
Hi SonnieM,

Feel free to post your theories. I'm pretty sure that as long as you state IMO (In My Opinion) or MOO (My Opinion Only) before or after your post in order to prevent someone accepting your opinion as fact and thus spreading misinformation, you should be fine. It's good to be able to put our heads together to help solve this. I'm speaking for myself here, but I appreciate all of the opinions on here. It has been good to see things from other perspectives, and although I have my own hunches, other people's hunches have helped me to take additional things into consideration so I can develop a more well-rounded theory. In other words: no judgement. Post away with an IMO or MOO.[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I don't have a link handy. However, I recall on the evening of the 13th around 6:30 PM people knocked on his door to ask if they could search. So I'm sure he said yes for that evening.

Thank you :)

So it may mean the girls were placed there later on that night.

Thank you :)

So it may mean the girls were placed there later on that night.

You are welcome :) I've often thought they were placed there later that night, but a lot of others don't see it.

I guess we don't know exactly where they searched that night or if they went down near the river.

Hi SonnieM,

Feel free to post your theories. I'm pretty sure that as long as you state IMO (In My Opinion) or MOO (My Opinion Only) before or after your post in order to prevent someone accepting your opinion as fact and thus spreading misinformation, you should be fine. It's good to be able to put our heads together to help solve this. I'm speaking for myself here, but I appreciate all of the opinions on here. It has been good to see things from other perspectives, and although I have my own hunches, other people's hunches have helped me to take additional things into consideration so I can develop a more well-rounded theory. In other words: no judgement. Post away with an IMO or MOO.[emoji2]

Thank you for your reply and good information ☺���� I've not been here long so worried I may break the rules but I like looking outside the box and not just going with the same old lines of evidence/enquiries - normally we have things to feed off but this enquiry has hardly any hard facts to go o but so it's open to everyone's opinion hence why there is dispute but I am open to everything. Thank u for ur response n let's hope we get answers soon

I do not believe that is true. Once they found the two bodies, I am pretty sure they knew it was no accident. But with any death(s) of unknown cause or circumstances, LE would gather up whatever they find in the general area. Much of what they sent for testing may not be related to the crimes at all, but they still gather and submit. Jmo

I wonder if they thought it was a double suicide at first.

Always my opinion only [emoji230]

I thought I read that it would have extremely difficult to carry the bodies to where they were found?

I don't see why they would be moved. I think he got them to that "perfect" spot to commit the murders, then fled. No way he would try to go back in there after dark. He would have to know people would be missing them by dark, even if he did not see searchers. And even when the search was called off for that night, I would bet some friends or family were still out there. Carrying 100+ pounds any distance is not easy, especially in that terrain.

Thank you for your reply and good information ☺���� I've not been here long so worried I may break the rules but I like looking outside the box and not just going with the same old lines of evidence/enquiries - normally we have things to feed off but this enquiry has hardly any hard facts to go o but so it's open to everyone's opinion hence why there is dispute but I am open to everything. Thank u for ur response n let's hope we get answers soon
Welcome!!!

Yes, I agree. On the one hand, I wish they would release some additional information; however, I have faith and support their decision not to. My guess is that based on what they know so far from viewing/hearing what was captured on Libby's cell phone and in regards to the crime scene, that they immediately realized that they cannot risk jeopardizing this investigation in any way, shape or form. Even if it means not releasing a few more seconds of footage or audio in order to help identify him, they have their reasons. I remember LE saying when questioned that they don't want to have to release any more. Sorry, I don't have a link. However, I'll try to see if I can locate it.

I thought I read that it would have extremely difficult to carry the bodies to where they were found?

I don't see why they would be moved. I think he got them to that "perfect" spot to commit the murders, then fled. No way he would try to go back in there after dark. He would have to know people would be missing them by dark, even if he did not see searchers. And even when the search was called off for that night, I would bet some friends or family were still out there. Carrying 100+ pounds any distance is not easy, especially in that terrain.

I tend to agree.

I think the images we have are from the video that includes the "down the hill" and where they were found is just off that bridge. I think everything happened right there.

I'm thinking more of the video can't be released because it involves the crime.

Welcome!!!

Yes, I agree. On the one hand, I wish they would release some additional information; however, I have faith and support their decision not to. My guess is that based on what they know so far from viewing/hearing what was captured on Libby's cell phone and in regards to the crime scene, that they immediately realized that they cannot risk jeopardizing this investigation in any way, shape or form. Even if it means not releasing a few more seconds of footage or audio in order to help identify him, they have their reasons. I remember LE saying when questioned that they don't want to have to release any more. Sorry, I don't have a link. However, I'll try to see if I can locate it.

we all know that information is being held back n although it infuriates us sleuthers we must accept that - annoying as it is!! We all want the same outcome which is justice for those two young girls so I hate to see fall outs in these comments but hey ho emotions fly high.

i totally agree and think LE have more than they're letting on in regards to the video/audio footage n although they won't release it I hope it's strong enough to find the suspect(s) x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beckers861