OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTES: HI folks. I apologize for not being around to set some clear parameters around the recent searches as they developed and evolved.

You can freely discuss what is in the MSM.

1) CUSTODY DISPUTE - (this custody dispute referenced by LM in the article quoted above is news to me. I don't think I have read that in MSM before) The fact that a custody dispute is SAID to have existed can be discussed.

2) PROPERTIES SEARCHED - what has been discussed in MSM (addresses, property owners, recent sale, etc) can be freely discussed.

3) DRUG ANGLE - that possible angle has been allowed since LE first announced that the grow op was found. That is still okay to theorize about.

4) SUSPECTS/POIs - there are still NO named suspects or POIs. So keep discussion of possible motive relating to any of the above BROAD and without accusation or naming a specific person(s) as the murderer(s).

Continue to use initials. Keep theories broad and as non identifying as possible. Remember that what you put out there stays out there and affects real people. NO SLEUTHING of anyone associated with the searched properties. That includes the social media of any of the persons associated with those properties or that of their friends and/or family members.

Well IMO, that means at least 2 people or all of the family would be involved?

Hope I'm not repeating anything: Two to three weeks before the murders, Jake and his father tried to get Hanna to sign away her parental rights to Sophie, according to Leonard Manley, Hanna's grandfather.

That is certainly interesting! Never heard that anywhere before. :fishy:

Hope I'm not repeating anything: Two to three weeks before the murders, Jake and his father tried to get Hanna to sign away her parental rights to Sophie, according to Leonard Manley, Hanna's grandfather.

Wow! This puts some color around LM's earlier statement about a child custody thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While the public is entitled to be concerned, there is currently no legal basis for LE for to inform the public about this or to require the family to inform them before going on a trip or moving or anything else. There is currently no publicly known reason to suspect that the child in question is in any danger or in an abusive situation, and without that what possible legal justification would LE have for interfering?

At this point the child in question is in the legal custody of her parent who has not ever been named as a suspect or a POI. Until and unless that happens, there is nothing LE can legally do. They can always make inquiries, but that's about it.

Public curiosity and concern may be perfectly natural, but they alone are not justifiable reasons for violating anyone's right to privacy.

Sorry, but I disagree. When someone is a potential suspect (the last person to see any of the victims before their mass murder, against whose home a search warrant has been executed, who were involved in a custody dispute with the deceased mom and who has now disappeared for a cross country jaunt with few possessions, a brother and a 3 yr old child - yeah, it's ok for the public to be concerned. The only outrageous part is that it may be the public who has to pressure LE to do the responsible thing. I hope that isn't the case.

Community leaders have been giving short shrift to the concerns of the "plebians" in this area for, well probably generations. They've done little to nothing to allay the fears of innocent locals terrified of a killer on the loose. Of course they have the right to seek reassurance of the safety of this child.

When I said 'new article, no new news' earlier, that wasn't there or I read passed it with a quickness! That is definitely noteworthy!

He says:

He's not saying it like the news site worded it though. I'm unsure if they're kind of manipulating his words, or if they've re-interviewed him. I'm leaning toward, they've manipulated his words.

If that had been dependable information, the news would have gone running with it long ago....I don't put much faith in it being a big deal if anything at all or more would have been said about it....

One article I read earlier today said LE was trying to get the public to boost the $10,000 reward higher. Sad. I guess the information of where JW, brother and Co were storing their stuff was the tip that led to the property searches. Just guessing LE must have been aware of the custody thing all along.

When is LM supposed to have said this? I sure do not recall seeing or hearing it any where....

I wonder how CR1 and DR reacted to that.

There is obviously a connection to the flying w farm, however, it may not be what everyone is thinking. Lots of illegal aliens work in the farm and horse industry. Over the road truckers. Mj growing operations. Extended family does not get killed in "custody disputes", unless you are henry viii

Extended family does get killed in custody disputes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitter_Blood

http://www.startribune.com/investigation-continues-into-st-paul-killings/418718883/

Regarding the photo of the property of 200 Block Peterson Road in Adams county, what's with all the gas containers?? Looks like they found the burn pile at the farm too.

I lived for ten years out in the country, an isolated area probably similar to Pike County but in another state.

Everyone had multiple gas containers. You need gas for ATVs, chainsaws, trimmers, tractors, that old unlicensed pickup that you only drive around the farm, and many other things. So having gas containers around isn't unusual.

Most people who live in the country have burn piles also.

Wow
"PIKE COUNTY -- Agents with the Bureau of Criminal Investigation had been tracking a truck being driven by the brother of a victim of the Rhoden family massacre, according to a search warrant obtained the Enquirer Monday afternoon."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

WHOA!!!

More:

The warrant was issued April 21 and gave authorities 45 days to track James. T. Manley’s 1997 Chevrolet K2500 truck.

The warrant, signed by Pike County Common Pleas Judge Timothy Hogan, indicate authorities believe the truck was “used as a means of the commission of the crime’’ of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime.

However, the warrant never names Manley as a suspect; nor does it say the warrant is tied to the Rhoden homicide investigation.

Three BCI agents went to James Manley’s home on Union Hill Road Monday afternoon to remove the GPS tracking device, said his father, Leonard Manley. Manley was at the home and spoke with agents.
However, Manley said he told the agents that they would not find the device on the truck.

Manley said a BCI agent told him that they were going to arrest his son on felony charges tied to the destruction of government property.

The agents left a copy of the search warrant with James Manley’s wife. They also told her to call her husband at work to tell him to come home. She made that call, but the younger Manley declined to leave his logging job in Lima, his father said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500