OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
$80,000 :thud: Family says they can only come up with about half of the bail money. He's due back in court on May 22.

Question: Is the first person upon a crime scene (or 2 crime scenes) automatically considered a witness? I can't help, but think LE believes JM saw something when he discovered the murders.

If the information about JM's 2 am text to JW the night of the murders is accurate, they probably suspect he did more than discover the bodies. He may have witnessed something the night of the murders or more.

Whatever it is, LE really wants him to talk right now. Keeping an open mind.

$80,000 :thud: Family says they can only come up with about half of the bail money. He's due back in court on May 22.

Question: Is the first person upon a crime scene (or 2 crime scenes) automatically considered a witness? I can't help, but think LE believes JM saw something when he discovered the murders.

I hope he doesn't lose his job over this BS.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

Leonard is providing all of the details here (to the press). I imagine he went to the press with this as LE did not report this, so how would the press have known about it?

I believe the Pike Co. Attorney did provide a written response, but it was after LM talked to the press.

LE wanted this out in the open or they'd have not marched up that road. LM lives within spittin' distance of JM. Those agents knew that either that tracking device was history, or it had been sitting still for days. Why send agents to retrieve it while Manley was in Lima, three hours away. Were they going to wait on the porch for him to come home? No, they knew that by going to get that tracking device it would shake LM up, again, and stir the pot a little, plus, they got to arrest JM, which also lets them stir the pot. If they'd wanted to do this w/o it reaching the press and LM getting all up in the air, they could have. I feel bad for JdyM in all of this. She never makes a peep. You know that poor woman has to be crushed too.

Going to thank everyone for all of this new information but realized it would take me all day..I read this thread frequently and again, appreciate those of you who keep up with the latest info and post it here!! The new info has me re-thinking everything I thought..such a confusing case to follow!!

LE wanted this out in the open or they'd have not marched up that road. LM lives within spittin' distance of JM. Those agents knew that either that tracking device was history, or it had been sitting still for days. Why send agents to retrieve it while Manley was in Lima, three hours away. Were they going to wait on the porch for him to come home? No, they knew that by going to get that tracking device it would shake LM up, again, and stir the pot a little, plus, they got to arrest JM, which also lets them stir the pot. If they'd wanted to do this w/o it reaching the press and LM getting all up in the air, they could have. I feel bad for JdyM in all of this. She never makes a peep. You know that poor woman has to be crushed too.

All this and the flashing lights and sirens when bringing in digging equipment sounds very unprofessional to me,

I don't see any connection to Waco or to cults, etc. I think we'd have heard rumors. Also, I don't see any connection to Jehovah's Witnesses. They aren't exactly known for their violent radicalism. They're pretty low drama folks.

I am pretty sure I have the craziest theory here about this case. My theory is probably wrong - the craziest ones usually are, but I may post about it after doing a little more digging.

Sorry, that was kind of my idea of a half way joke after the mentioning of a church on the property and the SWAT team sent out..

As someone who stood in front of the Murrah building in 1995 two days after it was bombed, I never discount extreme radicalism altogether. I have seen it's outcome up close with my own eyes.

Question: Is the first person upon a crime scene (or 2 crime scenes) automatically considered a witness? I can't help, but think LE believes JM saw something of significance when he discovered the murders.

IMO, yes, JM could testify as to what he saw that morning, what other people did or did not do, etc. He could testify as to anything he had personal
knowledge of. He could also be asked about anything he saw or heard during the night, etc., or if he loaned his truck or car to anyone. Etc.

An 80000.00 bond for a 314.00 device? Unreal.

bond doesn't have anything to do with the value, it is the offense. most courts have a bond schedule that sets a minimum. judges have discretion and prosecutors can ask for higher if they feel there is a flight risk or other extenuating circumstance.

I feel sorry for JM as well. I think we see this situation differently, which is fine. Above all, I believe LE is trying very hard to solve the murders.

An 80000.00 bond for a 314.00 device? Unreal.

His choice to be uncooperative may have been part of the reason. He demonstrated very clearly that he had no respect for, or intention of cooperating with LE. He may have been angry, but he would have been MUCH better off if he'd come to them when asked.

The bond amount needs to be high enough that they can be certain he wouldn't likely disregard the need to show up in court when ordered and not to violate any terms of his release.

I think all of this is aimed at JW and company. Trying to shake them up. First the searches then the GPS now the arrest of JM who texted JW that night. Trying to make JW think JM is talking? I can see this all coming back to JW.

Poor JYM and LM. I have a feeling they are about to get their world turned upside down again.

I feel sorry for JM as well. I think we see this situation differently, which is fine. Above all, I believe LE is trying very hard to solve the murders.

It's hard to form an opinion with all the wild theories that have been floated about this case from the beginning. Add in LE's long silences, periods of inactivity and sequestering of nearly all information about the case and it's very frustrating.

News media and public have been nearly completely shut out from the start. That leaves fertile ground for rumors and speculation.

His choice to be uncooperative may have been part of the reason. He demonstrated very clearly that he had no respect for, or intention of cooperating with LE. He may have been angry, but he would have been MUCH better off if he'd come to them when asked.

The bond amount needs to be high enough that they can be certain he wouldn't likely disregard the need to show up in court when ordered and not to violate any terms of his release.

You're right. As much as I want to cheer them on because I do believe they are innocent, what you say is a voice of reason. Especially at this point, he really should try to cooperate since they are still calling him just a witness. If he knows anything, and was not involved in the actual murders, I believe LE would be glad to have some cooperation and information.

Sorry, that was kind of my idea of a half way joke after the mentioning of a church on the property and the SWAT team sent out..

As someone who stood in front of the Murrah building in 1995 two days after it was bombed, I never discount extreme radicalism altogether. I have seen it's outcome up close with my own eyes.

I agree. I am not so sure of anything anymore, including of what this case is not about. Everything is possible, including cult.

I would not know which one though. So I would be careful with naming any.

I live in a city under constant threat of terror and I can say it exists for real. I also see similarities in the impossibility to understand the motive, the lack of cooperation, the secrecy of the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj