GUILTY FL - Naomi Jones, 12, Pensacola, 31 May 2017 *Arrest*

[video=twitter;872200445212717056]https://twitter.com/Hudson_Miller15/status/872200445212717056[/video]

Hudson MIller‏ @Hudson_Miller15 16m16 minutes ago
The makeshift memorial for Naomi Jones is growing. Her dad just came out with balloons and stuffed animals. @weartv #C3N #NWFL

:tears:

So heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shades of Nicole Lovell. Jmo

[video=twitter;872207344058351616]https://twitter.com/davidgonz/status/872207344058351616[/video]

David Gonzalez‏ @davidgonz 5m5 minutes ago
#BREAKING: Official candlelight vigil for #NaomiJones Thursday at 7pm behind Olive Baptist Church in rear parking lot. @weartv pls retweet!

thanks for all of your local info :) sorry it came to this end :(

I don't have a link, because it's moo, but I meant that I don't think they searched the area where she was found. It was out of the 3 mile radius they were searching, by just a mile or so.

I learned of little Naomi's disappearance this evening. Thinking of her loved ones tonight. It goes unspoken that there is no guarantee we will outlive our children. It's just not fair.
--
May justice be swift.
--

:eek:verreaction: :tears:

Godspeed, Naomi :angel:

Heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking. Such a beautiful girl who did not have to die.

Thinking of Naomi, her family, friends and loved ones, and praying for answers and justice.

attachment.php

Attachments

• naomi jones11.jpg
    naomi jones11.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 496
Kik is not a dangerous app, it's no different then having a texting number.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Pardon my ignorance on such..it just seems that we've seen too many cases on here where that app is mentioned as being a common denominator with missing young girls.

Pardon my ignorance on such..it just seems that we've seen too many cases on here where that app is mentioned as being a common denominator with missing young girls.
Ah, no it's just a very common communication app. You have to give people your username for them to message you. One reason it's popular is it works with Wi-Fi so if you dont have service you can still contact people if you have Wi-Fi.

Kik app...

1. users are anonymous
2. parents aren't usually aware of kik like they are texting, instagram, Facebook etc
3. People that want to use it for nefarious reasons can search for a user by age
4. need only an email to open an account
5. its popular with tweens/teens because you can play games etc <----which makes it popular with unsavory types of people after teens/tweens

There are ways to make it safe such as having your kids passwords, having kik linked with an adults account so they can see messages.

I think it boils down to the parents needing to be aware of everything and thats just not possible I don't think.

ETA - Role Play feature in kik allows users to create a profile and select the age range of users they want to contact (or they want contact from I should say)

I know someone who works at KIK. Their H.O is in my city. When Nicolle Lovells story broke his office was heartbroken over what happened. :(

Kik app...

1. users are anonymous
2. parents aren't usually aware of kik like they are texting, instagram, Facebook etc
3. People that want to use it for nefarious reasons can search for a user by age
4. need only an email to open an account
5. its popular with tweens/teens because you can play games etc <----which makes it popular with unsavory types of people after teens/tweens

There are ways to make it safe such as having your kids passwords, having kik linked with an adults account so they can see messages.

I think it boils down to the parents needing to be aware of everything and thats just not possible I don't think.

ETA - Role Play feature in kik allows users to create a profile and select the age range of users they want to contact (or they want contact from I should say)
Well I havn't used it in several years.. . It seems to have changed a lot since then. I suppose I should say if you use it SAFELY it is not dangerous; using basic internet safety etc.

From 48 Hours, the episode featuring Nicole Lovell's case, which ironically repeated Saturday night:

"They could be your next door neighbor," she said. "&#8230;they can stay behind their phone and hide behind their phone -- just like your child is doin'."

Casey said criminals often use apps like Kik. Why? Because it's where kids hang out online. In fact, Kik -- a Canadian company -- claims that millions of American teens use their app every month.

"You can be anybody&#8230;" said a convicted predator we'll call "Steve."

He should know. "Steve," 38, said he used the Internet to groom kids and spent 10 years in prison for molestation. He told "48 Hours" he now feels a new urge to sound the alarm about anonymous chat apps like Kik.

"Kik &#8230; is a predator's paradise," he said.

"Pedophiles, do they go on Kik, pose as a 13, 14, 15-year-old in order to hopefully strike up a relationship with a child?" Van Sant asked.

"Yes, that's quite common on there," "Steve" replied.

"Steve" demonstrated just how easy it is for an adult to use the Kik app to begin a conversation with a child.

We created -- and later deleted -- a Kik account for the demonstration. "Steve" showed how us how the app could be used to target children.

"My message is: 'I'm sad and lonely,'" said "Steve".

After hitting send, it took just 44 seconds for the first response to arrive. Another girl, apparently a teenager, responded less than three minutes later.

"In two days max, I could have her sending me nude pictures," "Steve" said. "Once you make 'em happy, you got their heart, once you got their heart, everything else follows."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nicole-lovell-murder-smartphone-predator-stranger-danger-killer-app/

Well I havn't used it in several years.. . It seems to have changed a lot since then. I suppose I should say if you use it SAFELY it is not dangerous; using basic internet safety etc.

Agree.

Sadly teens/tweens sometimes trust the profile at the other end of a conversation:( One pretending to be a tween when they are not.

I HATE KIK. It is the gateway to predators. How many times do we hear that a child met a man online and it turns out they were communicating through KiK? I am so glad I do not have young children because I would be a mess trying to monitor their online activity.
I dont even know what kik is?

ETA I do wonder if she was lured out by one person and taken by another.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back