MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17 2017, 12:27 pm ET

Accuser Jewel Allison Says Cosby Is in a Prison of His Own Making

by Hannah Rappleye and Tracy Connor

NORRISTOWN, Pa. — Jewel Allison stood on the courthouse steps after a judge declared a mistrial in the Bill Cosby case and listened to chimes marking the 11 o’clock hour.

“I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we came out here and I’m hearing church bells,” Allison said. “I think God is watching all of us.” ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bi...ison-says-cosby-prison-his-own-making-n773646

Thank God. I hate to see people jailed without physical evidence. It happens too much as it is.

I can't get passed how many times she called him afterwards. Did she want to continue the relationship? If something happened that she wasn't OK with, why didn't she call the police immediately?

I can't get passed how many times she called him afterwards. Did she want to continue the relationship? If something happened that she wasn't OK with, why didn't she call the police immediately?

Probably isn't Mr. Innocent, but you've brought up a good point the jury must have heavily considered.

Or vice versa.

The above is just my opinion.

I agree. We don't know how they were acting or what was said. We know she was alone with a rich famous married man who she apparently wanted something from and I doubt it was friendship. She accepted pills to relax her. Relax her for what?

Susan Berger‏ @Msjournalist [video=twitter;876089354636197888]https://twitter.com/Msjournalist/status/876089354636197888[/video]More

Camille Cosby in signed statement read by PR person upon declaration of mistrial #CosbyTrial

I believe her. The media makes more money reporting nasty things about the rich and famous. Her attorney makes more money if he gets a guilty because then he can be sued. What do you call someone who makes money off sex?

The ladies are probably telling their truths, he is not innocent. But how could none of them have filed a police report or preserved DNA evidence? LE are solving cases older than these. I just don't believe in taking away a person's liberty without good evidence. And the only evidence presented is testimony, which the jury can choose to believe or disbelieve, and a recorded phone call between the relative of an accuser and the accused. The jury can also take or leave that, whatever value they choose to put on it. No real evidence! This is how men, usually, end up in prison for years, then released years later after having committed no crime. I agree with Ben Franklin, "Better ten guilty men go free, than one innocent man lose liberty."

During my 20s and 30s I dated a lot. Whenever I was "taking advantaged of" I took responsibility for the danger I put myself in. Of course those men never became rich and famous.

During my 20s and 30s I dated a lot. Whenever I was "taking advantaged of" I took responsibility for the danger I put myself in. Of course those men never became rich and famous.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Accepting part of the responsibility is not the same as accepting all!

Hoping you're safe & supported now, Laughing

Women respond in all sorts of ways to being sexually assaulted.If you admire someone, they are incredibly wealthy, famous, and beloved, and you harbor feelings of self-blame because you trusted him, didn't resist enough, whatever . . . chances are you will internalize the whole thing instead of going to the authorities. Half the time women aren't believed even when they DO go to the authorities. When one women speaks up, others feel empowered to as well because there is a feeling of safety and power in numbers. The victim blaming and lack of understanding of what assault victims experience surrounding this case is honestly mind-boggling.

Women respond in all sorts of ways to being sexually assaulted.If you admire someone, they are incredibly wealthy, famous, and beloved, and you harbor feelings of self-blame because you trusted him, didn't resist enough, whatever . . . chances are you will internalize the whole thing instead of going to the authorities. Half the time women aren't believed even when they DO go to the authorities. When one women speaks up, others feel empowered to as well because there is a feeling of safety and power in numbers. The victim blaming and lack of understanding of what assault victims experience surrounding this case is honestly mind-boggling.

Evidence is what convicts.

Have a question,

chissus said:
Trino said:
Probably isn't Mr. Innocent, but you've brought up a good point the jury must have heavily considered.

Was she not called to the stand?? Did the DA or even the Defense attorney ask her "why she called that many times after" ??

Sorry, I didn't follow this from the beginning of the trial - totally forgot about it! :doh:

TIA!

Yes, some 53 times! "“I was either returning a phone call or picking up a voicemail and returning a phone call,” Constand said, responding to a point raised by Cosby’s defense lawyers."

http://people.com/crime/bill-cosby-trial-andrea-constand-phone-calls/

Evidence is what convicts.

And rapists run free raping other victims in a perpetual cycle of violence.

My sister was raped on repeated occasions by a BF when shenwasn16. She didn't tell anyone for over 7 years. After almost 20 years it still severely effects her relationship with men and her sex life. Why didn't she say anything? There are many reasons.

She felt it was her fault somehow.
She was in her first relationship and thought his persistence" was normal. After all, he loves her and buys her expensive gifts (much as Cosby did to his victims). And he is her BF, so it can't be rape...except she had bruises and blood and had been crying saying no and he would not stop. She also talked to him through a messenger off and on for years. Very brief conversations but still! I was ahgast when sister told me this. How could die talk to him??! After what he did to her... But she tried to explain..... She wanted to know why he did it. She asked him, in these quiet, passive, roundabout ways, to answer why.... His response was that he didn't know why she was calling it rape... To him it wasn't. (Aside: a female contacted my sister when she was 21 to ask about this rapist. She told my sister a story about him forcing her down and trying to take her clothes off while she fought back. She made an escape and contacted my sister to see if this was all in her head or what. At least that one got away...)

There's much more I could say and while it's true evidence convicts, it's also true that prosecutors are very reluctant to take on rape cases, police hesitate to file reports, rape kits are more often than not IGNORED and may never be tested. And meanwhile rapists live and continue to violate others in this society with little to no repercussions.

This is already too long so I'm going to stop this here.moo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The victim blaming on this thread makes me so sad. Before people blame and doubt they should know the facts. There's 49 women that have the same story.

The victim blaming on this thread makes me so sad. Before people blame and doubt they should know the facts. There's 49 women that have the same story.

You and me both. It's a case of He Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, ....

You and me both. It's a case of He Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, She Said, ....
Sorry I haven't followed this thread in case from the beginning. How many women testified at the hearing last week? Did all 49 women testify?

The above is just my opinion.

This discussion of the various phone calls, etc reminds me of a, uh, situation I unfortunately experienced many years back. I debated on posting it, because it brings back really bad memories, but I guess I'll just have to use use some brain bleach afterwards....as I said in another thread about something else, I should not have to live in shame and pain, etc because it was NOT MY FAULT.

Many years ago I had a friend and colleague I trusted. One night after a late night event he was very intoxicated and I didn't want him to drive so I offered to let him stay on my couch in the living room. The next morning, while asleep in my bed, I woke up to him sexually assaulting me :)puke: ).

I immediately THREW HIM out of the house and went straight to the police station and filed a report. I also brought in the clothing I was wearing for evidence ( :puke: ). I was in a serious relationship at the time, and one of the worst things about the assault in addition to all the obvious factors (violation, etc.) was that the physical monogamy with my partner for years had been broken and violated. The "friend" that assaulted me even knew my boyfriend.

So, he called to "apologize" many times, crying, balling, said he was soooooooo sorry, that he was still drunk from the night before, and beeeegged me to drop the charges. I didn't feel comfortable doing this, but he played on my sympathy card, saying he wasn't in his right mind, that the cops came to his house and his elderly father with ailing health was taking it really bad (this got to me), that please if i proceed he will have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life, bla bla..we had several phone calls that ensued between us in the days afterward of him trying to convince me to drop the charges.

So, like a dumb *advertiser censored*, because I felt sorry for his sick, dying, elderly father, I went back to the police station days later and told the officer I wanted to drop the charges. He said, "Are you suuuuuuure?". I said yes, it was a big mistake on his part, he has cried and cried and apologized up and down....

Fast forward to a few weeks later. I saw him in a bar. The crying, apologetic, remorseful person I had last talked to was long gone. He looked at me with an evil gleam in his eye, and said, "You should have dropped the charges when you had a chance, *advertiser censored*."

Before I knew it, he was down on the ground. I had punched him out in one punch.

The numerous phone calls of crying and apologizing was all an act worthy of an Emmy Award.

Today I am still sickened by what happened. And anyone with the same name as him illicits a response in me that has not gone away years and years later. Anyone who physically resembles him gives me that awful sick feeling, too.

Thank you all for listening and caring about victims. I feel totally comfortable sharing this with you guys, knowing I am in the right environment which is supportive and understanding.

(Now, where's that brain bleach...)

What have I learned from this? I don't trust people to "crash on my couch" anymore.

(ETA: If I saw him again, I'd probably punch him out again. =$/#%÷×+@!!!!! Makes me siiiiiiiccccckkkkkkkkk!! $/#&%$#&@!)

This discussion of the various phone calls, etc reminds me of a, uh, situation I unfortunately experienced many years back. I debated on posting it, because it brings back really bad memories, but Ill just use some brain bleach....as I said in another thread, I should not have to live in shame, etc because it was NOT MY FAULT.

Many years ago I had a friend and colleague I trusted. One night after a late night event he was very intoxicated and I didn't want him to drive so I offered to let him stay on my couch in the living room. The next morning, while asleep in my bed, I woke up to him sexually assaulting me :)puke: ).

I immediately THREW HIM out of the house and went straight to the police station and filed a report. I also brought in the clothing I was wearing for evidence ( :puke: ). I was in a serious relationship at the time, and one of the worst things about the assault in addition to all the obvious factors (violation, etc.) was that the physical monogamy with my partner for years had been broken and violated. The "friend" that assaulted me even knew my boyfriend.

So, he called to "apologize" many times, crying, balling, said he was soooooooo sorry, that he was still drunk from the night before, and beeeegged me to drop the charges. I didn't feel comfortable doing this, but he played on my sympathy card, saying he wasn't in his right mind, that the cops came to his house and his elderly father with ailing health was taking it really bad (this got to me), that please if i proceed he will have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life, bla bla..we had several phone calls that ensued between us in the days afterward of him trying to convince me to drop the charges.

So, like a dumb *advertiser censored*, because I felt sorry for his sick, dying, elderly father, I went back to the police station days later and told the officer I wanted to drop the charges. He said, "Are you suuuuuuure?". I said yes, it was a big mistake on his part, he has cried and cried and apologized up and down....

Fast forward to a few weeks later. I saw him in a bar. The crying, apologetic, remorseful person I had last talked to was long gone. He looked at me with an evil gleam in his eye, and said, "You should have dropped the charges when you had a chance, *advertiser censored*."

Before I knew it, he was down on the ground. I had punched him out in one punch.

The numerous phone calls of crying and apologizing was all an act worthy of an Emmy Award.

Today I am still sickened by what happened. And anyone with the same name as him illicits a response in me that has not gone away years and years later. Anyone who physically resembles him gives me that awful sick feeling, too.

Thank you all for listening and caring about victims. I feel totally comfortable sharing this with you guys, knowing I am in the right environment which is supporting and understanding.

(Now, where's that brain bleach...)

I am so sorry Margarita. I bet this case is particularly difficult for you, but I am glad you are here to give testament about how manipulative these creeps can be. Most of all, CONGRATS on the TKO!
a045.gif

I am so sorry Margarita. I bet this case is particularly difficult for you, but I am glad you are here to give testament about how manipulative these creeps can be. Most of all, CONGRATS on the TKO!
a045.gif

Thanks, Pink. :hugs: Yes, "Manipulative", exactly.

(Yeah I got a nickname at that bar afterwards, they called me "One-Punch Marg" something like that, lol. I remember months later I was in bar and some guy would not leave me alone...my friend told him very seriously, "I wouldn't mess with her, I've seen her knock out a guy in one punch" lol. True story, I swear...)

ETA: this story doesn't even cover the 3 times I've been roofied. One time when I was just 13 some guys at the beach drugged me and friend, 16, with something really hard, like PCP...we were paralyzed and hallucinating for hours. They took us out in the ocean, pulled us out into the water, and assaulted us. I remember big waves were going over my head, in my eyes and mouth, practically drowning. Then they took us back to shore, threw our car keys in the ocean, and left us there. We were stuck stranded on some remote beach at night with everybody already gone and no phones. I dont even remember how we got out of there....oh yeah, somehow we got a locksmith I think...

Another time, a "friend" roofied me. I don't remember a thing, which is good in a way I guess... One minute I was drinking a beer at his house, the next thing it was daylight and I had slept like a baby. But my shoes were off and my underwear was on inside it. I can't be sure it happened, but I think it did. He acted totally normal. Who knows what he did. I could be on the Internet somewhere.

Another time some guys sent me a shot. My friend was broke so I split the shot with him. Thank goodness because he got half the dose so i was alert enough to bolt of there on my bicycle. I wiped out several times on the way home, but got away and home safe (covered in cutsnow and bruises). The next day my friend said he still could not move, that it was like he was melting into his bed. I felt the same thing.

Freaking creeps out there. DOTR started a thread on a police warning in Vancouver about a duo on a roofing spree, and a warning to bartenders and patrons.

I never ever ever leave a drink unattended or accept drinks from strangers.

ETA: Alright, now I'm super depressed. No brain bleach can mend such wounds. The ocean episode happened well over 30 years ago...I don't think about it much thank goodness...what these women must have gone through, and still go through, trust issues, etc...While the pigs who drugged me were never prosecuted and will never be I do hope karma gets them in the end...drowning girls in the water , raping them then throwing their keys in the ocean, leaving them there like trash...).

Hoping for Justice for these victims of the alleged serial RAPIST Bill Cosby. I believe this women.

ETA: This will land at random.

Just concurring here. The victim blaming here is rampant and sad. Just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa