Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What scares me if the person being investigated for this kidnapping said to LE: " oh yea, i did see her, I picked her up and we were driving down ____interstate, she said that was far enough to let her off, a friend was picking her up b/c they're nearby, so i let her out, it did seem odd she wanted to get out in the middle of nowhere but she asked to be let out so I had little choice I pulled over, she was a really nice girl, I hope you find her this is just terrible"

LE can prove that the suspect was MIA for 2 days and he can tell them it's absolutely none of your business where I was during those following days, I told you she got out. And unless they can prove some crime, they have to let him walk. Can't arrest someone bc you think their alibi is false, or they don't have an alibi. Ugh, I hope this scenario is not happening.
<modsnip> I was just considering possibilities other than a deceased Yingying. Praying!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

IMO not so positive they will find prints in or on the vehicle. Plenty of time to clean everything by now, sadly. And if there are prints, we have to hope they are already in CODIS. Movement is good and they had to have done some testing or know more somehow to have definitively said this is the car, not a car similar car, or a possible match to the suspect vehicle, but that this is THE car.

Oh it’s the car. Like you said CODIS has made a match. I’ve been watching forensic files/ first 48, killing fields/ long enough, they’re onto someone

Oh it’s the car. Like you said CODIS has made a match. I’ve been watching forensic files/ first 48, killing fields/ long enough, they’re onto someone

With respect, I did not say that CODIS made a match. Please re-read my post for clarity as I did not say that at all.

To zhangs family: As a fellow American , I am completely disgusted by the actions that have taken place against your daughter, the privilege of calling myself an American has dissipated since June 9th, we are not all evil human beings

So happy thwy found the car! Now find dear Yingying!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Can anyone account for why this case (a high priority FBI case) received so little national news coverage? I haven&#8217;t heard anything about it on national TV or radio, only on the Web??? Strange.
Anyway, hoping nervously for further good news tonight.

The way that LE has handled this case so far makes me think there is much more to this story than meets the eye. I'm basing my opinion off of the fact that they never released an image of the driver or the plates (which maybe they didn't have), they were asking for tips on the car and then suddenly let billboards expire and announce they have the car, and there's still no information on a possible POI- no sketch, and very little to no information on whether there is a threat to the public. I hope their strategy is working!

Can anyone account for why this case (a high priority FBI case) received so little national news coverage? I haven&#8217;t heard anything about it on national TV or radio, only on the Web??? Strange.

Right? It's nuts. It's getting some coverage in Chicago, but not even that much there according to people who live in the area. Is there just so little information there's nothing for people to talk about? Is this part of the FBI's strategy (ie, they don't want them to talk about it and therefore aren't releasing any info)? I really hope this means that the FBI has made a ton of progress that they cannot share and that they don't need the public's help with anything.

Wow maybe they had the car for a while.
I thought it rather odd modern day technology would not give them the license plate at least.

A friend of ours daughter went to China to teach and I learned that China is very hard on crime. So I was told, have no knowledge, that there is very little crime in China because when it happens there are very stiff penalties.

That makes me wonder if when students come to the USA they think they are safer than they are and perhaps take chances an American student would not take.

I think Japan is also tough on crime.

I wonder why they are not saying they're questioning the owner, they're looking for the owner, or some such.

Hoping a suspect has been detained.
As a side note, seeing your avatar just made me smile. Then sad. :crying:

Can anyone account for why this case (a high priority FBI case) received so little national news coverage? I haven’t heard anything about it on national TV or radio, only on the Web??? Strange.
I think that was purposeful. Maybe the guy was too busy to watch the news or search on the internet and didn't even know anyone was looking for this beautiful girl.

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/new...medium=social&utm_source=facebook_WCIA_3_News

"Anyone with information is asked to call authorities. You may also contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate."

I know that it's likely that the above quote was included because she is a citizen of another country. However, the inclusion of that language made me think that perhaps LE is aware of involvement of another non-citizen. If they knew that the perp was US-based, I'm not so sure they would have said that. I think it could go back to the "more to this than meets the eye" sentiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/new...medium=social&utm_source=facebook_WCIA_3_News

"Anyone with information is asked to call authorities. You may also contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate."

I know that it's likely that the above quote was included because she is a citizen of another country. However, the inclusion of that language made me think that perhaps LE is aware of involvement of another non-citizen. If they knew that the perp was US-based, I'm not so sure they would have said that. I think it could go back to the "more to this than meets the eye" sentiment.

Unless it's just because any Chinese national with potentially useful information about Yingying would probably want to contact US authorities via the embassy/Consulate, rather than go directly to the FBI.

Unless it's just because any Chinese national with potentially useful information about Yingying would probably want to contact US authorities via the Consulate.

I agree, I think there could be several reasons for it, and I think we'll know more soon. Just wanted to make an observation in the event that it's useful.

That language helps ensure that someone in a foreign country with information about this crime will take the information to the appropriate agency and not to their local law enforcement.

I'm surprised the perp didn't try to burn the car or put it in neutral and let it roll down a boat ramp.

With a car like that which was only made one year and only 18K sold in the entire US all of the owners in that area would stick out. Assuming the abductor was the owner and it wasn't someone who stole the car and then abducted Yingying. The lack of the car without being able to prove what happened - legal sale, transfer of title to a relative, etc. - would draw suspicion. I suppose the option of running it into a deep enough body of water and then claiming it was stolen might help. But even that would look suspicious for a car theft after 9 June.

This guy was cornered and the net just kept getting tighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithstarr