Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also blown away by the security photos of her. I had this case totally, totally wrong.

Now I think she's no longer in the area. That she decided to start driving and keep on driving until she got to the mountains in NC, or heck, maybe all the way back to California.

If she did that, though, she would have likely stopped to get clothes, gas, food, maybe stay in a hotel. I guess that would be possible if she did have her wallet and her wallet had a credit card, even if she didn't have any cash.

She could have had clothes and food/drinks stashed in her trunk beforehand, and sleep in her car.

Or she could have met up with someone else to get away.

Let's hope this is the case.

Oh, I see it, too. you can kind of see the little bumpies at the top. The bottle is upside down. Like this:
attachment.php
What sodas are darker in color with clear plastic bottles and white caps? I mean, I guess it doesn't really matter, but maybe if LE were to find a receipt or something, it could explain the timestamps and timeline. Maybe she stopped to buy a soda somewhere before getting gas.

(sorry for all the attachments, I couldn't get it to be upside down until the third try, HAH!)

Maybe a Diet Coke bottle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hah, I thought ketchup bottle, as well, but that didn't make sense! It does look like a wallet and keys dangling. I *thought* I read the phone and wallet were left at work...the phone being left makes me think she didn't want the pings to happen. I think she didn't want to be tracked. I hope I'm wrong. I'm not sure what to make of the wallet confusion.

It does look like a ketchup bottle, thinking maybe it is one of those public bathroom keys they attach to something big so that people remember to give them back to the clerk.

On another note concerning the bathroom and what appears to be a thinner looking AC .... if there is one thing that can really get a young woman emotional, perhaps even irrational at times, it is the monthly cycle.

There is another thing that can have a similar effect and that is the lack of the above suggestion.
imo speculation.

Her friend/sil must be thinking this is pretty serious if she hired a helicopter. That can't be cheap. If her friends and family would think she just went off to have some needed alone time I don't think they would get a helicopter out there.

Her friend/sil must be thinking this is pretty serious if she hired a helicopter. That can't be cheap. If her friends and family would think she just went off to have some needed alone time I don't think they would get a helicopter out there.

If I were them I would probably be worried about her being suicidal. Her loved ones say this isn't like her at all. Those gas station photos pretty much show that she left voluntarily. IMO the way she left (without her phone and purse) suggests that she isn't in her right mind and needs help immediately. The helicopter is imo a good idea.

Until I started reading here I never knew so many people go off into hiding to commit suicide. I always assumed it was something done at home or where they were at the moment. I hope this isn't the case with Allison but it feels signs are pointing that way.

Oh, I see it, too. you can kind of see the little bumpies at the top. The bottle is upside down. Like this:
attachment.php
What sodas are darker in color with clear plastic bottles and white caps? I mean, I guess it doesn't really matter, but maybe if LE were to find a receipt or something, it could explain the timestamps and timeline. Maybe she stopped to buy a soda somewhere before getting gas.

(sorry for all the attachments, I couldn't get it to be upside down until the third try, HAH!)

I drink Lipton diet citrus green tea in bottles and the bottle is clear, liquid is pale golden color and has a white cap. I tried to attach photo but can only post this link which has a very clear photo of what I'm talking about;
https://www.lipton.com/us/en/our-teas/iced-tea/ready-to-drink/green-diet-iced-tea-citrus.html

On the brighter side though, I can think of 2 cases which seemed ominous.

One was a mother and daughter who suddenly went missing from Long Island a few years ago without a trace. After a nationwide news story erupted about their being missing, it turned out they were staying at a boutique hotel in NYC, perfectly fine and having a good time. I never did hear why they disappeared so quickly without telling anyone.

And then a year or two ago, a 'pregnant' woman in NC went to get gas for her car on the day she was scheduled for a C-Section and never came back. Her daughter was waiting for her at home. After a few days or a week of intense angst by her family, she was found in the NC mountains, Boone IIRC. She was ok (at least physically, not sure about emotionally). No explanation was ever made public.

So who knows what may be going on? That said, I followed the Huston case and I was 100% wrong. Fingers crossed for Allison.

If I were them I would probably be worried about her being suicidal. Her loved ones say this isn't like her at all. Those gas station photos pretty much show that she left voluntarily. IMO the way she left (without her phone and purse) suggests that she isn't in her right mind and needs help immediately. The helicopter is imo a good idea.

bbm I agree. Hope they can spot the car.

I thought that as well. Traffic can be heavy in that area but at that time of day I wouldn't think it would take her an hour to get from RDU Airport to Wake Forest.

I live just ten minutes away from RDU, so know the area very well. There are two likely routes that she could have chosen to get to that Shell station from RDU. I think the most likely would have been to take I-540 to US1 (Capital Blvd) and that would take her right to 98, within a couple blocks of the Shell station. That would maybe be a 30 minute drive that time of day, barring unusually heavy traffic. The other route would have taken her on US70 West to Hwy 98, and then to Wake Forest. That route might take slightly longer, but still far less than the roughly hour and 7 minutes it took to get there after she exited the parking lot at RDU. It does seem highly likely that she probably stopped somewhere else along the way, or perhaps was just driving aimlessly. JMO

If the bottle is half empty (and if it is indeed a bottle) I wonder why she carried it from her car inside the shop. Was it a very hot afternoon? Did one need frequent sips? She was only gonna use the restroom. Odd location to bring your drink to.

Just a curiosity ... who carries it upside down?

Was just going to post the same.
I've played with the image and enlarged/enhanced, tweaked, etc. I don't see a bottle.

Still trying to figure out what that white "cap" is. It does look to me like she is holding either a newspaper, or paper towels (using as reference only) because it folds vertically in her hand. Hope that made sense. You can see the bend.

Probably already mentioned but she is also wearing sunglasses.

Just some thoughts :thinking:

I carry my car keys looped onto the back of my finger so I can still pick up stuff or whatever. The white thing hanging from her fingers looks like a keychain to me. Maybe one of those little grocery store cards that you scan at the checkout? The part in her hand looks like a napkin or a piece of paper to me.

Bringing the picture forward again.

Sunglasses? I did not see that. Mmmh. Possible.

HT-AllisonCope-jrl-170629_4x3_992.jpg

Bringing the picture forward again.

Sunglasses? I did not see that. Mmmh. Possible.

View attachment 119134

Could it be a wallet and keys in one hand? The picture is pretty distorted. That white thing hanging at the bottom could be one of those tags you put on your key ring. Like a gym tag, or VIP tag for a grocery store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74