Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why everyone thought Jennifer Huston ran off, because she put gas in her Lexus and withdrew money from the ATM. It still makes no sense that she did those things minutes before taking her life. I hate thinking along those lines, but it happens so often.

This is so true. I hope this young woman isn't suicidal, but many times when people are, they just keep on going about their life until the moment they finally commit to end it. Suicide plans or ideation for those people sometimes reaches a stage where it's a constant background noise, like one more thing on the list to do when they finally get around to it. They go through the motions of living just in case, or something.

I'm inclined to think that she decided to extend her normal lunch break spur of the moment but had planned to return to work as soon as she could, possibly veering off the road by accident at some point. But, if she were suicidal I guess it's possible she put gas in her car so she could take a long drive to someplace remote or comfortable. :(

A good alternative scenario! But why did she go to the Shell which is opposite to the direction of her place of work?

We'd have to know where the tag office or insurance company is in relation to her home. She may have had to go in the opposite direction to reach either.

So sad... I thought the very same thing about the black eyes.

Maybe she got gas for the purpose of driving to where she wanted to go to commit suicide. She could of used the full amount in her bank account because she knew she wouldn't be needing any money soon.

Just seems like she was more in a hurry than potentially suicidal. She may have had to get her registration taken care of by end of day and unknowingly rushed out without her phone. Since the walk back to Starbucks was a reasonable distance and time consuming, she may have decided to just leave without it (or telling anyone) and explain later.

I'd be looking for skid marks in sharp curves, and choppering over any bodies of water. JMO.

So sorry dotr, I didn't see you had posted the exact same video before I did! You even included similar description and yet, I missed yours entirely. My deepest apologies to you...

Not a problem whatsoever, it happens often on busy threads, also it is interesting to see how others may interpret the same link.
Enjoying your courtesy ( although it was unnecessary) and your moniker!

I think she is holding her keys and something flat like a wallet. Even though she left her purse behind, it is possible she had a wallet in her car.

I think she is holding her keys and something flat like a wallet. Even though she left her purse behind, it is possible she had a wallet in her car.

Yeah, it looks like some sort of wallet or small "clutch" as my girlfriend calls it.

In the photo of the car in this link you can see the rear window and I don't notice the large wrap for the Pit rescue. It is possible of course that it just isn't visible in the dark and grainy photo, but I am wondering if between the time she left the airport and arrived at the Shell Station if she removed the banner. (I don't know how to post a picture on here but it is the 2nd photo down in this link)

http://abc11.com/news/rdu-releases-surveillance-photos-of-missing-woman/2164189/

I agree. Wallet being held by three fingers against her palm and key ring dangling from pointer finger?

Considering she just turned off her vehicle and used her debit card to pay for gas, it makes sense that these would be the two items in her hand, that she wouldn't leave in the car, when she went in to use the restroom.

Like many here, I fear that she may have harmed herself. :(

MOO

In the photo of the car in this link you can see the rear window and I don't notice the large wrap for the Pit rescue. It is possible of course that it just isn't visible in the dark and grainy photo, but I am wondering if between the time she left the airport and arrived at the Shell Station if she removed the banner. (I don't know how to post a picture on here but it is the 2nd photo down in this link)

http://abc11.com/news/rdu-releases-surveillance-photos-of-missing-woman/2164189/

I was thinking the same. Maybe that explains the extra half hour it took her to get to that gas station? Stopped to remove the identifying sticker from her car?Perhaps she had a destination in mind and left the cell phone and obvious car sticker behind so as not to be traced after emptying her bank account into her gas tank.

MOO

On the brighter side though, I can think of 2 cases which seemed ominous.

One was a mother and daughter who suddenly went missing from Long Island a few years ago without a trace. After a nationwide news story erupted about their being missing, it turned out they were staying at a boutique hotel in NYC, perfectly fine and having a good time. I never did hear why they disappeared so quickly without telling anyone.

And then a year or two ago, a 'pregnant' woman in NC went to get gas for her car on the day she was scheduled for a C-Section and never came back. Her daughter was waiting for her at home. After a few days or a week of intense angst by her family, she was found in the NC mountains, Boone IIRC. She was ok (at least physically, not sure about emotionally). No explanation was ever made public.

So who knows what may be going on? That said, I followed the Huston case and I was 100% wrong. Fingers crossed for Allison.

I remember the pregnant woman. And they just said there was no baby after she was found with no explanation. I always thought she faked the pregnancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay you found a picture! You are right, I think the sticker is gone! She doesn't want to be found, she's not coming back.

We'd have to know where the tag office or insurance company is in relation to her home. She may have had to go in the opposite direction to reach either.

There is a DMV in Wake Forest so that is possible but I got the feeling from an earlier article that it was the roommate's registration that had accidentally been left in her car that she was looking for. I guess depending on where the roommate was at the time perhaps she was trying to give it to her and something happened along the way.

I still say if she left voluntarily to take care of something important, like the registration, I find it odd that she didn't run back into work to grab her cell phone and explain.

I read that she was into photography and had a side photography business. I hope that LE is also looking into upcoming shoots. Most photographers require a sizable deposit. I did see her website that was linked in an earlier post, pricing was quite reasonable. IMO she was a budding photographer.

Yay you found a picture! You are right, I think the sticker is gone! She doesn't want to be found, she's not coming back.

With the quality of the pic, it is impossible to be certain if the sticker is on or gone. The angle and any glare could make it unable to be seen, but, at least to my eyes, it certainly appears to be missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loretti11