Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people who love dogs the way Allison is said to love hers, and they would never up and leave them. That's one thing I do find strange, I know they weren't HER dogs, but she apparently loved them and cared for them.

She left them all the time to go on trips......

I am also surprised by how little information has been released. Also, I had read that the roommates rented a helicopter to search the Falls Lake area on Thursday, and there's been nothing in the news about their search.

News has reported on the helicopter rental, but my assumption is that there was no news to report regarding findings. The Wake County Sheriff’s Office also had a boat searching the Wake County shoreline of Falls Lake Thursday afternoon. In addition to the helicopter rented by the roommates, apparently the State Bureau of Investigations also searched with a helicopter around the Falls Lake area.

I am curious if there is a specific lead that had them concentrating on that area or if it is the proximity to where she was last seen that had them focusing their efforts in that vicinity.

http://wncn.com/2017/06/29/vanished...s-says-gas-station-attendant-who-spotted-her/

As a rescuer, there's no way she was notified of a dog needing help and there is no record of it. People text, call, leave social media messages, etc, almost daily about some aspect of rescue. Just the way it goes. It can be overwhelming. There's many times we all want to scream NOT MY CIRCUS, NOT MY MONKEY! There's ALWAYS drama within rescue as well. Just draining.

I think Allison left on her own. The why...could be multiple reasons. The focus now is how is she? Has she gone somewhere just to get away for awhile? Permanent get away? Met with foul play after leaving voluntarily?

It's possible that as well traveled as she is, she has gone to a place she knows. Maybe another state that doesn't know she's missing. I'm in VA, it was just reported on WSET 13, local news, here today. Have other counties, cities and states been notified to look for the vehicle and her well being?

Is it known whether or not she changed at the station? I saw the picture of her entering the building, but not exiting it and hadn't heard whether or not LE confirmed if she was still in the same clothes.

My guess she did not change clothes. It wasn't mentioned by the gas station attendant (not saying he would have necessarily noticed) but more so because there should also be documentation of her exiting the gas station. No updates on clothing has been mentioned in the media so I think it is pretty logical to assume what she has on is what she was wearing in the last sighting.

Can the vehicle be traced? Onstar or similar? It's a fairly new car!

My guess she did not change clothes. It wasn't mentioned by the gas station attendant (not saying he would have necessarily noticed) but more so because there should also be documentation of her exiting the gas station. No updates on clothing has been mentioned in the media so I think it is pretty logical to assume what she has on is what she was wearing in the last sighting.

Plus she has NO clothing in her hands when she entered the store....so how could she change clothes?

News has reported on the helicopter rental, but my assumption is that there was no news to report regarding findings. The Wake County Sheriff’s Office also had a boat searching the Wake County shoreline of Falls Lake Thursday afternoon. In addition to the helicopter rented by the roommates, apparently the State Bureau of Investigations also searched with a helicopter around the Falls Lake area.

I am curious if there is a specific lead that had them concentrating on that area or if it is the proximity to where she was last seen that had them focusing their efforts in that vicinity.

http://wncn.com/2017/06/29/vanished...s-says-gas-station-attendant-who-spotted-her/
Maybe because she got gas there and it's been reported that she recently met someone near there?

http://abc11.com/news/rdu-releases-surveillance-photos-of-missing-woman/2164189/

In this article (which has been posted before) it states her friends reported the last debit card purchase. How does your roommate (even if you are BFF and were once family) log in to your online banking stuff? It sounds to me like some serious boundary issues with that whole situation. I don't know. I would tell my BFF "I don't have any money until I get paid Friday" or "I have $50 to last 4 days" but they wouldn't be able to report my transaction activity to the police or media, and this is what it sounds like happened as opposed to the police checking with the bank.

Could she have had a psychotic break? Leaving your phone as some surmised so that she couldn't be traced is blown to smithereens by using her debit card. I don't think this was planned. I'm not sure she's in her right state of mind

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

http://abc11.com/news/rdu-releases-surveillance-photos-of-missing-woman/2164189/

In this article (which has been posted before) it states her friends reported the last debit card purchase. How does your roommate (even if you are BFF and were once family) log in to your online banking stuff? It sounds to me like some serious boundary issues with that whole situation. I don't know. I would tell my BFF "I don't have any money until I get paid Friday" or "I have $50 to last 4 days" but they wouldn't be able to report my transaction activity to the police or media, and this is what it sounds like happened as opposed to the police checking with the bank.
I'm assuming they got the debit information from police? Or maybe it's a business credit card linked to photography business that they both have access to? Just thoughts.

I thought I noticed a slight smile on her face as she entered the store

I'd like to see the footage from the cameras at the gas station, how fast she's walking, if she seems tense or relaxed, if she glances around/behind her. I know the attendant said she seemed "normal" but I'd like to see for myself - not everyone is good at observations like that and without context it can be hard to pick up on something you aren't looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming they got the debit information from police? Or maybe it's a business credit card linked to photography business that they both have access to? Just thoughts.

I thought about the police having told them but then I wasn't sure what all the police would tell them.

Agreed. My husband doesn't even have my personal checking account login, only the one we share, not for any particular reason but we've just never shared that information. I'm pretty sure he could easily guess it though so perhaps it's the same situation with the roommate and she was able to guess the banking login and thought to check it?

I do worry about her state of mind. I know her friends and family say she would never just voluntarily leave but people who are mentally distressed often only let show what they want others to see. She could have easily felt pressured with work, the photography business, and the rescue organization and it just became too much but she didn't know how to express that.

Any chance she could have loaded the car before she went to work that day with a change of clothes (and more) if she had a plan to leave? What if she left work only after another employee (or employees) arrived and the place would be covered and she could more easily leave and the store would not be as short handed?

Something is off.

I believe she intended to leave RDU, but I wonder if she intended on coming back. I mention this because I know people who have went on a break and purposely left their employer's premises before. Some did it and made it back before break was over and some took over an hour and came back with an explanation they meant to clock out to lunch or etc. Leaving a phone and/or other belongings at work is a good way to give the impression that, "Oh, she's still here somewhere. Maybe she's at lunch." Returning an hour or so later wouldn't cause too much of an alarm and a good excuse might suffice.

Perhaps she had an accident on her return back to work and her vehicle is over an embankment somewhere.

Perhaps she went somewhere and someone prevented her from returning.

Or still, maybe she said screw it all and decided to leave and not return for a week or even at all.

It seems odd to me, though, the information about the registration. It stands out. Then again, so does the private renting of a helicopter and then proceeding to send the pics to WTVD ABC11. I know NC SBI (State Bureau of Investigations) already had a helicopter doing the same.

I know it was asked or mentioned earlier in the thread but was it ever said if her purse and cell phone is something that was normally kept there at Starbucks or were they perhaps stored in a locker somewhere due to airport security? Just thinking if they were in a locker it could be easier to leave them behind without intending to.

Regarding sunglasses, IMO she is not wearing them... First of all, I've been digging into her social media and one thing I noticed is shes stylish, dresses well and is quite trendy. The only way glasses are a possibility is if they are those tiny mr. bean style rims or maybe small wire "transitions" light reactive ones and that is not really a popular/current shade style with her demographic. I think the darkness in the eye socket area can be explained by looking through old photos, her eyes are very small and very "squinty" by nature. As someone who has small almond eyes I never add dark eye shadow bc it makes them appear smaller and even more deep set. I think her makeup and long dark full lashes are what some think are tiny glasses. Just my opinion... Also, many small biz owners/independent contractors add a wrap or state approved advert to a car for a tax break and/or it offers a tax write off of vehicle costs, mileage, etc. It may explain why the roomie needed her state documents if they are "partners" in these businesses and may be why she would have a vested interest in her registration or whatev... just a thought.
Wiping off my eye shadow from my small, almond shaped eyes as I post. Not trying to make light of this case by any means, just a little light hearted comment. BTW, my almond eyes are courtesy of my Cherokee mama.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I'm so glad you said that about the boundary issues!!! I didn't want to say that out loud. <modsnip>

On the atm card. I would think, $23 for a dig rescue group doesn't sound normal. And she loves animals I can't think that she would leave that group penniless. I think it's her personal account. Imo

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

And a kidnapper just isn't going to let their victim wander into a gas station to use the restroom. Especially an hour after they've been taken.

MOO

Agree. I think we can leave the kidnapping theory behind.

As a rescuer, there's no way she was notified of a dog needing help and there is no record of it. People text, call, leave social media messages, etc, almost daily about some aspect of rescue. Just the way it goes. It can be overwhelming. There's many times we all want to scream NOT MY CIRCUS, NOT MY MONKEY! There's ALWAYS drama within rescue as well. Just draining.

I think Allison left on her own. The why...could be multiple reasons. The focus now is how is she? Has she gone somewhere just to get away for awhile? Permanent get away? Met with foul play after leaving voluntarily?

It's possible that as well traveled as she is, she has gone to a place she knows. Maybe another state that doesn't know she's missing. I'm in VA, it was just reported on WSET 13, local news, here today. Have other counties, cities and states been notified to look for the vehicle and her well being?

Good post. I agree with all of this. She does look drained in that gas station photo. jmo

Could she have sold her car somewhere or exchanged it?

Maybe because she got gas there and it's been reported that she recently met someone near there?

bbm - I tossed that idea out at one point but I don't know if it was actually reported somewhere? Did you read it somewhere in msm?

Could she have had a psychotic break? Leaving your phone as some surmised so that she couldn't be traced is blown to smithereens by using her debit card. I don't think this was planned. I'm not sure she's in her right state of mind

Well if she knew that she'd be far away in a few hours maybe she thought she'll just use up her last money on the card and then throw it. She knew she could only be traced to the gas station and not any further. A phone is a different story.

I thought I noticed a slight smile on her face as she entered the store

I thought that too at first but on closer look not anymore.

Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine LE giving the roommate financial information of AC.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members