Belize - Faye Lin Cannon, 13, brutally slain, San Pedro, 3 July 2017 *American parents arrested*

Too little, too late. Hopefully the surviving children can be placed in a loving and nurturing home and can someday recover. It's ridiculous that the couple's allowed to be transported together.
Former neighbour speaks, approx @ 2:00

[video=youtube;82QsEFmRJi8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82QsEFmRJi8[/video]

I think the American Embassy would be involved in this, it's both the death and arrests of US citizens. Here's the page on how they help, including a list of lawyers and contacting family in the States or Germany. https://bz.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/arrest-of-a-u-s-citizen/ . I feel, compared to current US procedures, it's been a media circus in Belize, I don't think the police in the US would announce there was sex abuse, and then not lay any charges for it! But that's the risk when you move abroad.

I guess there'll be a bail hearing next, they'll need a lawyer for that.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Just a thought, but were the kids taught how to cut fabric and sew clothing, clean and cook ect? imo, speculation.
Not a bad thing in loving households .....
http://edition.channel5belize.com/archives/149482
C B claims that the Doehms were hostile. She believes that the children were adopted to work in the couple’s women and children clothing store in Hawaii. Interestingly, the couple ran a clothing store in San Pedro called Rubi Moon.

Exactly Satchie, to announce there was sexual abuse and yet not lay charges; what's up with that? As I said before, I am skeptical about those allegations or the forensics' veracity that'd prove such; have to wait and see what the evidence is at trial. BTW, a notorious Belizean offender, Bert Vasquez has yet been to trial for the 2012 murder and rape of a 13 yr. old girl. He was just convicted of a 2011 rape of a girl. So this could take time.

The clothing was mostly or all made in Bali. Faye was seen sweeping and sometimes carrying bags of goods but as you say, not a bad thing necessarily.

It's a puzzling case. Right from the get-go of, to me, strangely that a childless woman in her 40s would have adopted four children in short order. Yikes; you'd think the first two would be a lot of work to someone who had not had kids.

Just curious....has anyone seen this case mentioned in any American media?
You would think they would care about these girls. :(

Do not seem to see anything in AM, maybe given this resume they are hesitant?
imo, speculation.
https://www.slideshare.net/DavidDoehm/david-doehm-resume-june-2016-63722168

I don't think a small company like the company DD worked for, has the power to stop something from hitting the news about someone who worked at their company 5 years prior. It wasn't exactly a public company, let alone a Fortune 500 company.

I knew "of" someone who was a fairly senior executive/manager at a company that was charged with luring a child. The news was essentially "smothered" and only appeared as a small 2 paragraph item in a small city newspaper. It never hit the news where the guy was from. I'm guessing hardly anyone in his home city knows what he did. I have to say I was disappointed to realize that.

Having said that, there is no way that DD was that high profile, nor did he work for a powerful public company that could sweep things completely under the rug.

Personally, I don't think there is a deliberate suppression of this story in the American media. Even though the Doehm's are U.S. citizens, they are much less important than they themselves think they are, and there are bigger crime stories going on in this country currently. Busy reporters often rely on tips. Stories are picked up from tweets. I expect it's just a matter of time before it hits the news here, and it will probably start in Hawaiian MSM. Of course, there's nothing wrong with helping things along....:D

Side thought...is it possible to set up multiple profiles on Trip Advisor? I could swear that most of the reviews are written by the same person. They are so glowingly complimentary about the Doehms...in similar terms. Otherwise, the Doehms certainly pulled one over on their customers.

Personally, I don't think there is a deliberate suppression of this story in the American media. Even though the Doehm's are U.S. citizens, they are much less important than they themselves think they are, and there are bigger crime stories going on in this country currently. Busy reporters often rely on tips. Stories are picked up from tweets. I expect it's just a matter of time before it hits the news here, and it will probably start in Hawaiian MSM. Of course, there's nothing wrong with helping things along....:D

Side thought...is it possible to set up multiple profiles on Trip Advisor? I could swear that most of the reviews are written by the same person. They are so glowingly complimentary about the Doehms...in similar terms. Otherwise, the Doehms certainly pulled one over on their customers.

I agree that there isn't deliberate suppression. I just think they haven't "noticed" this story.
I'm torn about pushing to highlight it. On the one side it's great to let people know they have to be vigilant about potential child abuse and who can/should be able to adopt. On the other hand, I want to respect the privacy of the surviving daughters.

I agree that there isn't deliberate suppression. I just think they haven't "noticed" this story.
I'm torn about pushing to highlight it. On the one side it's great to let people know they have to be vigilant about potential child abuse and who can/should be able to adopt. On the other hand, I want to respect the privacy of the surviving daughters.
BBM

Good point. I hadn't thought of it that way. I would say the daughters' privacy outweighs the possible benefits of informing people to be vigilant about potential child abuse. Sadly, people did report it and the Doehms were able to beat the system and likely the system itself failed the girls. That happens far too often. But at least people noticed and tried to do something.

(The doctor) observed fresh injuries, old injuries and all of them significant injuries. When interviewed under caution, both persons admitted to knowing of injuries being sustained by the victim. We cannot at this stage say that they caused those injuries, but they were aware of injuries. They were of the view that she was suffering from a certain illness and in all that time they never took her for any kind of medical treatment. In all that time they never took her to a doctor to be diagnosed. Instead they decided to administer valium to her and to perform some Japanese healing technique on her

Remanded without bail until August 24.

http://7newsbelize.com/sstory.php?nid=41120

It had crossed my mind he'd been using the valium on her, but it's not the kind of thing I wanted to dwell on.

Anke went off seeing doctors and getting surgery in Florida, no Japanese healing ceremonies for her.

IMO the reason they didn't take Fay Lin to a doctor was, they knew all the children would be taken away, and their whole house of cards would fall down. Poor, poor girl.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

The Doehms are to report back to court back in San Pedro on August 24 in San Pedro Town. Faye Lin’s father David Cannon is looking into obtaining custody of the siblings.

http://www.ambergristoday.com/news/...elize-magistrate-court-neglect-fay-lin-cannon

BBM

While I think they got the first name wrong, this is interesting. It's the first indication that the girl's were adopted by AD while she was in a previous marriage and that they have an adoptive father as well. I'm surprised that no press in his home town have stumbled on this yet.

MOO

http://www.ambergristoday.com/news/...elize-magistrate-court-neglect-fay-lin-cannon

BBM

While I think they got the first name wrong, this is interesting. It's the first indication that the girl's were adopted by AD while she was in a previous marriage and that they have an adoptive father as well. I'm surprised that no press in his home town have stumbled on this yet.

MOO

The girls' father has arrived in Belize to try and gain custody of them: https://www.breakingbelizenews.com/...r-launches-custody-battle-remaining-siblings/

I hope wherever the girls go they feel safe and are safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well hats off Mr. Cannon. He not only continued to support the girls financially, but he did it from afar as his ex moved to far-flung beach communities, making it more difficult for him to see them.

I wonder what he knew. I wonder what he saw or heard from the girls.

As for the "lovely couple", they were taking that child support money, feeding and supporting the girls poorly, and, no likely spending it on themselves and their own personal interests.

HOLY MOLEY, That's a lot of money! I wonder how much was spent on the girls. Poor Faye.

That's exactly what I thought. Granted, it's not super cheap to live on Ambergris Caye, but still. My speculation is that they were using the money to make up for what wasn't coming in from the shop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair
Back